[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

Originally Posted by tyson219 View Post

I agree, but Moorman made a huge mistake. He's running a business. Backing is a business. Backing HSMTT players where aggregate MU can probably reach close to or upwards of 1 million is a huge investment. As a backer and someone in the corporate world, I find it unbelievable that his entire communication with JY over a 4 month period was 1 email that JY never acknowledged that he received or understood. Although I believe that JY is angleshooting here, if you're going to run a business, you have to do it correctly. And Moorman completely failed in that regard. You can just assume you and a backee are on the same page re: 80k in MU.

Let me put it this way:

There was nothing in Moorman's email that said he was letting Jy go. I can see why Moorman would think everything's OK after sending the email.

If anything was unclear to Jy, it was HIS responsibility to reach out to Moorman, not the other way around. You cant just make an $80k assumption. OBVIOUSLY, he knows if he got in touch with Moorman he will be told he's not off the hook. So he decided to play dumb and pretend there was a misunderstanding so he can welch on the MU.

Let's stop playing dumb people. We weren't born yesterday.

Add wonderdog78 to Rail

I mean, it's pretty clear that moorman and jy never talked. Neither party even attempted to compromise and neither party even discussed relocation pre or post WSOP. Huge fail on both sides.

That said, if someone else offered JY the option to move to Canada, JY still should have informed moorman of that offer and at least provided moorman with a chance to match JY's best offer before walking out on moorman.

Also, I don't remember seeing anywhere that moorman was not willing to compromise re: WSOP. Neither of them talked. If there had been any communication, I'd agree with you completely. But your questions are all about hypothetical scenarios that never occurred since neither of them bothered to communicate.

All discussion itt is hypothetical and academic now . Moorman agreed to not go public but he didnt honor that agreement . Hes not getting anything back now except the satisfaction he gets from this thread and the other(s) like it.

I personally think the lack of communication was intentional and calculated move on both parties part. And being that moorman had the most to lose its obv that he loses the most because of it. And thats the way it should be, if you invest in something you should take care of that investment.
    Add JLizard to Rail
    Originally Posted by wonderdog78 View Post

Let me put it this way:

There was nothing in Moorman's email that said he was letting Jy go. I can see why Moorman would think everything's OK after sending the email.

If anything was unclear to Jy, it was HIS responsibility to reach out to Moorman, not the other way around. You cant just make an $80k assumption. OBVIOUSLY, he knows if he got in touch with Moorman he will be told he's not off the hook. So he decided to play dumb and pretend there was a misunderstanding so he can welch on the MU.

Let's stop playing dumb people. We weren't born yesterday.

I don't disagree with you.

I'm simply saying that Moorman was extremely careless by never following up with JY after not receiving any response to his initial email. The whole problem could have been avoided (or at least mitigated) by Moorman spending 15 minutes reaching out to JY soon after BF (i.e., following up after the initial email). Not doing so was just lazy.
    Edited By: tyson219 Sep 14th, 2011 at 06:13 PM
    Reason: clarification

Add tyson219 to Rail

I don't disagree with you.

I'm simply saying that Moorman was extremely careless by never following up with JY after not receiving any response to his initial email. The whole problem could have been avoided (or at least mitigated) by Moorman spending 15 minutes reaching out to JY soon after BF. Not doing so was just lazy.

the email was after BF wasn't it?

edit to your edit: he didn't have to do it with any of his other horses huh? why should he have to with him?
    Edited By: LSUfan Sep 14th, 2011 at 06:15 PM
    Add LSUfan to Rail
  5. Climb out of Jy's ass for just a minute JLizard.
    Add McWilliams1 to Rail
  6. Jays lack of involvement in this thread speaks volumes. His reputation is gone and he's as big a scammer and thief there is.
    Add friskystrike to Rail
    Originally Posted by CHOOKTER View Post

Who is the biggest scammer ?

Hawaiisgreat or JYmaster ?

Both scamming in different ways.

In sheer numbers, its jymaster.
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
    Originally Posted by JLizard View Post

I personally think the lack of communication was intentional and calculated move on both parties part.

^ but seriously how is this a thread

Add gar2garvin to Rail
  9. Just chopped it in the middle at 40k pay up J...
    Add GUESSWHOO to Rail
    Originally Posted by GUESSWHOO View Post

Just chopped it in the middle at 40k pay up J...

Do you know the difference between makeup and debt? I'm starting to thing a lot of people don't.
    Edited By: supra1988t Sep 15th, 2011 at 02:59 AM
    Reason: cant spell
    Add supra1988t to Rail
  11. everyone talking about BF is saying "poor moorman yada", what about Jy, he suddenly has no online poker to play but there's a ray of light, the WSOP, and now his backer isn't putting him in that either. just sayin'...

multiple mistakes, both sides, arbitration is binding I think but Jy needs to take this opportunity to settle the debt, agree to an amount and agree to stfu about what the agreement was, get on with it.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  12. just had a long discussion with both separately but simultaneously and they both agreed my original decision was a rash decision and i didn't fully understand my role in the situation. Also, although CHris making this thread was in horrible taste it also gave me plenty of feedback on how i should have handled the situation and swayed me back and forth where deciding for 1 end or the other entirely was completely unfair. i've also looked back at aim conversations that i had forgotten about with them back around april and may, i've decided on something that both agreed to. both seem happy with the result of it and are glad to put this behind them. they both want the agreement to remain private so i won't divulge the specifics of it.

but the most important part of the agreement i will reveal: in addition both have agreed to hug next time they see each other and take 5 straight shots of sambuca which ill be taking part in as well as todd terry, mement mickey mori, Blaniac, Ja rule, peter griffin, and most importantly Jeff Gressard. then they will make out for a 10 seconds.

Add pokerjamers to Rail
  13. Shoulda made it 10 shots after this shit storm.
    Add The_Grifter to Rail
  14. So we can assume they have settled on 40k then.
    Add CHOOKTER to Rail
  15. Glad to hear an agreement is been reached.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  16. Pics of makeout session or it didn't happen.
    Add supra1988t to Rail
  17. We all make mistakes during our lifetimes and often they come with poor moral judgement as well.

The important thing is that this was resolved with seemingly a mutuall agreement on both ends.

People are not judged on the mistakes they make, they are judged on whether or not they try to honestly correct the mistakes and then make sure they do not happen again.

Well done gentlemen.
    Edited By: Prestonluv Sep 15th, 2011 at 12:06 AM
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
    Originally Posted by GUESSWHOO View Post

Just chopped it in the middle at 40k pay up J...

clearly you don't know that you don't know what you're talking about
    Add BLUEberLEEZ to Rail
    Originally Posted by pokerjamers View Post

just had a long discussion with both separately but simultaneously and they both agreed my original decision was a rash decision and i didn't fully understand my role in the situation. Also, although CHris making this thread was in horrible taste it also gave me plenty of feedback on how i should have handled the situation and swayed me back and forth where deciding for 1 end or the other entirely was completely unfair. i've also looked back at aim conversations that i had forgotten about with them back around april and may, i've decided on something that both agreed to. both seem happy with the result of it and are glad to put this behind them. they both want the agreement to remain private so i won't divulge the specifics of it.

but the most important part of the agreement i will reveal: in addition both have agreed to hug next time they see each other and take 5 straight shots of sambuca which ill be taking part in as well as todd terry, mement mickey mori, Blaniac, Ja rule, peter griffin, and most importantly Jeff Gressard. then they will make out for a 10 seconds.

sounds good. thanks for letting us know.
    i agree with moorman posting this out. without the community knowing this, jymaster would have clearly ducked the 80k without any deal, this was his intention from the beginning

also +1 for all wu_wizard's posts
    Add 1banditpanda to Rail
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

Poker jammers you would back Jordan after this, if you didn't then u don't know how to gamble. I would def back jymaster11 because he is the nuts and he is better then you poker jammers. Your a jealous hater, I was not going to comment in this thread but jymaster11 is better then any donkey who posted and I would back him over you poker jammers. Jymaster11 def gets more girls then you poker jammers. Get your shit straight bro and get back to reality. You are not as great as Jymaster11 is. I know I wasn't going to get involved but MoormanI stop being butt hurt, shake hands let Jordan start off fresh and have a few beers so everything can get settled. I wasn't going to respond in this thread but when Pokerjammers is hating on Jymaster11 I have to step up to the plate and put this jealous hater in his place. You really think your somebody to come in this thread and hate on the best online poker player in the world dog?

Americans are the strongest players online by far so don't let your big English head get in the way of a sound decision.
    Jordan Young if I ever build my roll enough to back you I would. All these idiot fish who say they wouldn't back you are clowns. Honestly I think your a baller dog even thought your not one of my favorite poker players (Iridium, Imahustla1) my favorite players in parenthesis.

gft
    Add taypaur to Rail

All discussion itt is hypothetical and academic now . Moorman agreed to not go public but he didnt honor that agreement . Hes not getting anything back now except the satisfaction he gets from this thread and the other(s) like it.

I personally think the lack of communication was intentional and calculated move on both parties part. And being that moorman had the most to lose its obv that he loses the most because of it. And thats the way it should be, if you invest in something you should take care of that investment.

i know this is over, but what would moorman gain by intentionally not talking to jy?
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Sep 15th, 2011 at 08:43 PM
    Reason: double post edit

Add clemsonrich to Rail
    Originally Posted by clemsonrich View Post

i know this is over, but what would moorman gain by intentionally not talking to jy?

After the WSOP nothing , if he talks to Jy before it he may have gotten a demand to put him int he WSOP or else.
    Add JLizard to Rail

After the WSOP nothing , if he talks to Jy before it he may have gotten a demand to put him int he WSOP or else.

Why would he demand it when he didnt even play online?
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
    Originally Posted by ApesAreFun View Post

Why would he demand it when he didnt even play online?

Becuz he thought that it was part of the deal. There is obv a disagreement wether or not his not being able to play online kills the deal or not . Take a look at Seabeasts post earlier in the thread. I'm a little too oi to find and quote atm.
    Add JLizard to Rail
    Originally Posted by badpab2 View Post

imo, as most of chris' horses did, they should have cut him some slack as far as this yrs WSOP went given its close proximity to the extremely unique events of black friday. Yes it would suck as a high stakes pro not to play in all the events you would like but cmon, it really seems like you just snap saw it as an opportunity to duck the 80k mu and start afresh. Its not as if the world is gonna stop turning there will be another wsop next yr and countless other live comps inbetween once chris got himself sorted, show a little decency and compassion. As far as just assuming you were dropped I would definately be getting concrete confirmation of that and not just assuming you had magically been relieved of an $80k debt
    I consider chris a really good friend so you may think my opinion is biased. The amount of times chris has been taken advantage of and screwed over as far as backing goes I def would have just knocked it all on the head and told everyone to go fuck themselves.

+1
    Add 810ofclubs to Rail
    Originally Posted by 810ofclubs View Post

+1

+2....
    JY obv snap jumpt on it,.. think it shows no respect, low blow. Keep telling urself it's just business but deep down you know its not. It's a low thing to do and congrats on making a bunch of people more pessimistic on trusting people. Plus contributing on ruining a part that I love most about the poker community. The non bs but trust worth way of dealing with money and stuff
    (english isent my first languege but hope its clear)
    Add ThaSquirrel to Rail
  27. GG WP jamers
    Edited By: minh86 Sep 17th, 2011 at 02:51 AM
    Add minh86 to Rail
  28. I dont agree with the guys that said this thread shouldnt be there.. Not hating on any of them but if the new agreement doesnt say that chris gets his full 80k back then thats complete bs. And if JY doesnt doesnt offer this by himself and admits that what hes done was wrong, then i hate him from now on. Sad and kinda shocking this whole thing. And lol @ everyone who posted serious replies to kevmode.
    Add RedIceRap to Rail
  29. Read it all, not sure why, probably because I have more respect for Chris than almost anyone in the poker world. My thoughts are that Jymaster is in a bad spot and is handling this not perfectly.

His financial situation has made him kind of desperate, and despite being a good guy, he is probably making a decision that he will regret in the future when he is more financially stable. That being said I think you two, both being good and reasonable people, need to make a creative compromise. Perhaps something along the lines of Jymaster gets to play for 2 months for Chris starting at 0 makeup so he has a chance at making some $, at the end of the 2 month period Jymaster gets his makeup added to the original makeup figure, with some bonuses and incentives (i.e if he plays x hrs a week he gets y $) so he can financially stay above water while he clears a big makeup #. This seems like it would be pretty mutually beneficial imo.

Didnt read the other posts as the OP was long enough, apologies if this has already been resolved or a similar solution has been posted.

Add amak316 to Rail
  30. I'm really glad to hear they game to agreement.
    Add ImaLuckSac to Rail