[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I just find it kinda odd that GBT would want to shell out a few hundred mill to buy FTP, with all its issues and money owed, when there is a much safer way to double their money in one day. Ok, it might take them 2-3 days.

The odds of winning the Mega Millions is 1/176 million yet the jackpot is $462 million as a cash-out option. Why would someone not approach a small business owner, that has a lotto machine, and pay them a few grand to close for a few days and just print tickets?

Even if someone else hits the lottery and they split the pot that's still $231 million plus all the 2-5 number combinations you would hit for another few million.
    If they are the only winners they more than double their money in just a few days time.
    Add Diver1 to Rail
  2. I know you did this for fun, but how does one go about buying 176 million tickets? Also keep in mind that when taking the lump sum its half that amount. The chances of only one person winning it are also slim when you are buying every combination if you somehow figure out a way to do it. Would say it is a very risky proposition no matter what the jackpot is.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  3. One Ticket Machine -

Rough guess 10 seconds to print 1 ticket-

Printing 175,711,536 tickets = 1757115360 seconds = 29285256 minutes = 488088 hrs = 20,377 days

So even if we halved the ticket printing time - 10,168 days

not to mention refilling the ticket machine, how to process the payment, storing the tickets etc etc etc

Add Cookymonster198 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Cookymonster198 View Post

One Ticket Machine -

Rough guess 10 seconds to print 1 ticket-

Printing 175,711,536 tickets = 1757115360 seconds = 29285256 minutes = 488088 hrs = 20,377 days

So even if we halved the ticket printing time - 10,168 days

not to mention refilling the ticket machine, how to process the payment, storing the tickets etc etc etc

This was actually done once before and that was the one thing they did not take into account....the time it took to enter all of the possible combinations as they all had to be manually entered.

If I remember correctly they did print about 1/2 of all the combinations and they did win. I believe it was in New York?

But I did find this just now http://www.nytimes.com/1992/02/25/us...ted=all&src=pm

and yea.....this was done jest fer da fun of it.....and I still think GBT is stupid....:}
    Thread StarterAdd Diver1 to Rail
  5. It has been tried a few times with some of the individual state games. They only needed something like 24 million tickets and they had a whole week.

One thing that always is forgotten all the other winning ticket you will have. I believe it ends up being about 25% of the total buyin and that is all payable immediately.

Problems are numerous. Time being the first and biggest. 10 seconds per ticket seems slow but i doubt you could run more than about 10 bet slips per minute which would be about 50 per minute. Coordination with having enough people and business running enough tickets through is another. All the combinations would have to be on a bet slip with 5(?) per slip is over 35 million bet slips. Try keeping all those straight.

Add doc793 to Rail