1. If jy11 doesn't answer it's cool...i just want to know step by step what u did night before and the morning when you double shipped Sunday majors sold your soul to devil? Lol j/k Obv...I think I read before you posted on facebook I am going to get my first six figure score or something in that nature...I am sure what worked for you probably wouldn't work for anyone else just thought it would be cool to know...cuz i am thinking of selling my soul to the devil than post on facebook the following morning to run good lol..
    Edited By: flipxpelon562 Dec 23rd, 2010 at 01:00 PM
    Add flipxpelon562 to Rail
  2. Mr. Young,

Your story is encourging because you didn't have immediate success. What held you back the most, initially? I read earlier ITT that you started 3 betting more, then 4 betting more, but did any of the struggles come from defining your own game, instead of just following "standard" rules/theory? The reason I am asking is because after 18 months, my stats still have me as a spewy fish, and while you are what you are, I still have faith that the approach I've taken, all the times I've colored outside the lines and tested the boundries, will come back to help me. when i look at my peers (players with about the same level of experience as me) and see somebody with much better ROI, it's always discouraging, but i also think some of those players ahead of me in winnings are doing it by "thinking less and following the rules more," and I think (hope) that I'm building a more portable game, one that will work as I move up in stakes, where, some of the players outperforming me now may eventually hit a wall because they aren't thinkin/innovating enough. It seems like a lot of very successful players know what do in certain situations, but don't really understand the math/poker theory as to why, and their biggest skill is copy-catting the other winning players, which can be smart, easy, and profitable, but will probably eventually catch up to them when sat with 6 sick humans who know the "standard moves" just as well as they do.
    Add gjallen1975 to Rail
  3. congrats on your success...do you think a nit will ever end up hitting top 10 any time soon?
    hands down what is your most important motivation besides money & prestige.
    any interesting enduro-sessoin experiences u d care to share?

-
    btw thing u should loosen up your game a little

Full Tilt Poker Game #26697424055: $80,000 Rush Guarantee (200179797), Table 80 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:15:16 ET - 2010/12/25
    Seat 1: vegaspm (5,985)
    Seat 2: cola_tight (3,435)
    Seat 3: socrates555 (8,585)
    Seat 4: RoveRice (3,863)
    Seat 5: LuCkyTDoGG (2,450)
    Seat 6: MacMoneysack (4,050)
    Seat 7: 29pol29 (3,665)
    Seat 8: bgyula1 (3,810)
    Seat 9: Jymaster11 (1,770)
    cola_tight posts the small blind of 20
    socrates555 posts the big blind of 40
    The button is in seat #1
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to socrates555 [7c 3c]
    RoveRice folds
    LuCkyTDoGG folds
    MacMoneysack folds
    29pol29 folds
    bgyula1 folds
    Jymaster11 has 8 seconds left to act
    Jymaster11 raises to 120
    vegaspm folds
    cola_tight folds
    socrates555 calls 80
    *** FLOP *** [9h 4d 2d]
    socrates555 checks
    Jymaster11 has 15 seconds left to act
    Jymaster11 bets 150
    socrates555 raises to 300
    Jymaster11 folds
    Uncalled bet of 150 returned to socrates555
    socrates555 mucks
    socrates555 wins the pot (560)
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 560 | Rake 0
    Board: [9h 4d 2d]
    Seat 1: vegaspm (button) didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 2: cola_tight (small blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 3: socrates555 (big blind) collected (560), mucked
    Seat 4: RoveRice didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 5: LuCkyTDoGG didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 6: MacMoneysack didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 7: 29pol29 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 8: bgyula1 didn't bet (folded)
    Seat 9: Jymaster11 folded on the Flop
    Edited By: socrates555 Dec 26th, 2010 at 12:29 AM
    Reason: how the f u manage to increase stack to 12k just 1 minute later???

Add socrates555 to Rail
  4. lol keep playing well socrates.... jyman whatd u want for christmas? that is my well question
    Add I_Blade_U to Rail
    Originally Posted by I_Blade_U View Post

lol keep playing well socrates.... jyman whatd u want for christmas? that is my well question

guess someone has to be the donating fish..cool of u to stop by at the aquarium

Add socrates555 to Rail
    Originally Posted by socrates555 View Post

ya this guy is horrible ^^ , steals money from backers as well. be aware anyone. should be banned imo.

Add ShipThisPLZ to Rail
  7. What do you think about my game?
    Add Vestvik7 to Rail
  8. im statistically a "winning" player but have no volume , is volume key to getting to the "next" level?
    Add cbo smooth to Rail
  9. What do u feel or what do u say when u get allin with best hadn/wors/flip?
    Add Antonz87 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ShipThisPLZ View Post

ya this guy is horrible ^^ , steals money from backers as well. be aware anyone. should be banned imo.

STP, what is the story here?? Can't find anything in google..
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

STP, what is the story here?? Can't find anything in google..

do we have to hijack this thread? herschelw was my backer and the story was summed up in a thread i opened yday which after it was moved to coaching thread it was deleted entirely obv.
    i owe no money to anyone and herschelw can confirm this.

Add socrates555 to Rail

congrats on your success...do you think a nit will ever end up hitting top 10 any time soon?

-

Full Tilt Poker Game #26697424055: $80,000 Rush Guarantee (200179797), Table 80 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:15:16 ET - 2010/12/25
    The button is in seat #1
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    RoveRice folds
    LuCkyTDoGG folds
    MacMoneysack folds
    29pol29 folds
    bgyula1 folds
    Jymaster11 raises to 120
    vegaspm folds
    cola_tight folds
    socrates555 calls 80
    *** FLOP *** [9h 4d 2d]
    socrates555 checks
    Jymaster11 bets 150
    Jymaster11 folds
    socrates555 mucks
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 560 | Rake 0

so? you defend 73s against one of the best players out there, OOP and then you minraise the flop with air, kewl free info ftw
    Add eDaN to Rail
  13. how long has it taken for you to go from the micros to high stakes?
    Add Oggy_Oggy_88 to Rail
    Originally Posted by flipxpelon562 View Post

If jy11 doesn't answer it's cool...i just want to know step by step what u did night before and the morning when you double shipped Sunday majors sold your soul to devil? Lol j/k Obv...I think I read before you posted on facebook I am going to get my first six figure score or something in that nature...I am sure what worked for you probably wouldn't work for anyone else just thought it would be cool to know...cuz i am thinking of selling my soul to the devil than post on facebook the following morning to run good lol..

The night before I grinded until 4am while I was waiting for HU4Rollz to roll up so he could grind at my place(my Mom's house obv) on Sunday. Then that morning I woke up and just had a feeling, a feelinggggggg!!! You know, like when u look down at 94ss and a guy raises and then someone 3bets and it's on you for like half your stack and you're just like "Man, I know it's comin. These guys both got AK, I can't fold, I'm all in." And then you win. That's how I felt while making my facebook prediction.

Originally Posted by gjallen1975 View Post

Mr. Young,

Your story is encourging because you didn't have immediate success. What held you back the most, initially? I read earlier ITT that you started 3 betting more, then 4 betting more, but did any of the struggles come from defining your own game, instead of just following "standard" rules/theory? The reason I am asking is because after 18 months, my stats still have me as a spewy fish, and while you are what you are, I still have faith that the approach I've taken, all the times I've colored outside the lines and tested the boundries, will come back to help me. when i look at my peers (players with about the same level of experience as me) and see somebody with much better ROI, it's always discouraging, but i also think some of those players ahead of me in winnings are doing it by "thinking less and following the rules more," and I think (hope) that I'm building a more portable game, one that will work as I move up in stakes, where, some of the players outperforming me now may eventually hit a wall because they aren't thinkin/innovating enough. It seems like a lot of very successful players know what do in certain situations, but don't really understand the math/poker theory as to why, and their biggest skill is copy-catting the other winning players, which can be smart, easy, and profitable, but will probably eventually catch up to them when sat with 6 sick humans who know the "standard moves" just as well as they do.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...master11-young

congrats on your success...do you think a nit will ever end up hitting top 10 any time soon?

-

The button is in seat #1
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    RoveRice folds
    LuCkyTDoGG folds
    MacMoneysack folds
    29pol29 folds
    bgyula1 folds
    Jymaster11 raises to 120
    vegaspm folds
    cola_tight folds
    socrates555 calls 80
    *** FLOP *** [9h 4d 2d]
    socrates555 checks
    Jymaster11 bets 150
    Jymaster11 folds
    socrates555 mucks
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 560 | Rake 0

1) Pokerjamers is in the top 10 and so is Taypaur and Gettin Daize, all nits. So a nit can make it to the top you just gotta be patient and wait for that AK cuz you know it's comin mannnnn!
    2) It's all about the money, this is a business mannnnnnnn

Originally Posted by I_Blade_U View Post

lol keep playing well socrates.... jyman whatd u want for christmas? that is my well question

A life sized fathead poster of Nick Mitchell to put up right behind my computer to look at all session long.

Originally Posted by Vestvik7 View Post

What do you think about my game?

I think you need to loosen up

Originally Posted by cbo smooth View Post

im statistically a "winning" player but have no volume , is volume key to getting to the "next" level?

I think it's the most important

Originally Posted by Antonz87 View Post

What do u feel or what do u say when u get allin with best hadn/wors/flip?

I say, "can't believe that guy went all-in with that and actually expected to beat me" in all three situations

Originally Posted by Oggy_Oggy_88 View Post

how long has it taken for you to go from the micros to high stakes?

I started in midstakes and I was occasionally taking shots at HS pretty much right when I started online because I was already playing 2/5 and 5/10(occasionally) live. It took me about 6 months of taking shots to stay in HS without much worry of having to drop back down.
    Edited By: Jymaster0011 Dec 27th, 2010 at 05:09 PM
    Reason: jk vest, i dont know really
    Thread StarterAdd Jymaster0011 to Rail

if i read this last week ida never chopped with u
    Add pinishe45 to Rail
    Originally Posted by pinishe45 View Post

if i read this last week ida never chopped with u

great brag brra..if i remember correctly u played 3 hands total until HU right??
    u know what to do when we meet next time...gl

Add socrates555 to Rail

great brag brra..if i remember correctly u played 3 hands total until HU right??
    u know what to do when we meet next time...gl

lol, ya if i was so bad and tight y did u deal with me?

and nah what should we do when we meet?
    do the duggie? im ok at the duggie, but im better at the maca rana....so till next time
    Add pinishe45 to Rail
  18. It’s cool, this is Well is still going.

Jymaster11:

For 3, 4 betting do you only do this if both you and the villain have more than 20BBS?
    What is your criterion for 3-4 betting? Do you do it in the early stages? Their stack sizes or if they have been active? Cheers dude.
    Add KARNA1983 to Rail
  19. Hi guys,

This thread is reserved for discussion related to the Jymaster0011 Well. If you would like to discuss a separate issue, please create your own thread.

-David

Add dhubermex to Rail
  20. Jy-
    Have you ever dished out a transfer to the million of railbirds/beggars on FTP? If so how much, if not, how many times a day do the railtards harass you for a $5 transfer?

Nut

Add peanut111 to Rail
  21. Stoners can obviously make the top ten PLB rankings ... do you think alcoholics can, too?
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pghfan987 View Post

Stoners can obviously make the top ten PLB rankings ... do you think alcoholics can, too?

Sure hope so

Add SJUHawks18 to Rail
  23. gboro, chuck norris, or god?
    Add shootair to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pghfan987 View Post

Stoners can obviously make the top ten PLB rankings ... do you think alcoholics can, too?

Heard some kid won the Sunday 500 and the NHG slightly inebriated, believe he might be in the top 10 as well......
    Originally Posted by Jymaster0011 View Post

Heard some kid won the Sunday 500 and the NHG slightly inebriated, believe he might be in the top 10 as well......

slightly?
    Add Gags30 to Rail
  26. No one man shood had all dat powa..

Do you believe you are gifted or its from hard work? Obviously gifted from all your hard work, but did you always know you had the talent?

Do you really believe you are the best online player? You believe you deserve number 1?

How superstitious are you if at all?

What side of the bed does doogan sleep on, and is he a back sleeper, side sleeper, or just belly down?

Edit: Would you rather get a cavity filled or check/fold?
    Congrats on the obvious..gl tonight
    Edited By: Bake Me A Dec 29th, 2010 at 07:13 AM
    Add Bake Me A to Rail
  27. -How much PLO8 and 8-Game do you play?
    -Do you have any horses? How's that going?
    -What live players that you've played with have made impressions on you?
    -Now that you are backed for live events, how does that effect your on-line play? Has to be nice to siingle table every once in a while, right?
    -Can we get u and Daize on the Big Game plz!!!!
    Add gjallen1975 to Rail
  28. Do you call off so wide to give the illusion that your not folding if someone play back at you? If not are u slamming your mouse with your front teeth during the typical hand? Fortune favors the bold.. congrats on your success in '10
    Add JakeSchindler to Rail
  29. did you REALLY have a 9?

lol
    Add HITTHEPANDA to Rail
    Originally Posted by Bake Me A View Post

No one man shood had all dat powa..

Do you believe you are gifted or its from hard work? Obviously gifted from all your hard work, but did you always know you had the talent?

Do you really believe you are the best online player? You believe you deserve number 1?

How superstitious are you if at all?

What side of the bed does doogan sleep on, and is he a back sleeper, side sleeper, or just belly down?

Edit: Would you rather get a cavity filled or check/fold?
    Congrats on the obvious..gl tonight

Always thought I was good enough to make it, that's why I dropped out before I even had a bankroll. It's from all the hard work.

There could be an argument for about 25 different #1's.

Not superstitious at all.

Doogan sleeps on the left side of the bed and he takes up about half of my queen sized bed and I take up the other half. I'm 4 times as big as him but he's a sprawler. He balances his sleep game from side to back to belly down.

Cavities and check/folding are equally painful.

Originally Posted by gjallen1975 View Post

-How much PLO8 and 8-Game do you play?
    -Do you have any horses? How's that going?
    -What live players that you've played with have made impressions on you?
    -Now that you are backed for live events, how does that effect your on-line play? Has to be nice to siingle table every once in a while, right?
    -Can we get u and Daize on the Big Game plz!!!!

1) None, I'm a one trick pony (trying to get better at PLO tho).
    2) I have one at the moment, it's going fine.
    3) I played with Pureprofit4 at the Legends Main Event and was really impressed with how he could continuously put you in the most awkward spots.
    4) I think it has helped my online game a little bit, I've been flatting a bit more online (which I do a ton live) and I've had fun getting in more post flops spots. Single tabling is beyond boring.
    5) Only one of us is rich enough for that to happen and it isn't me.

Originally Posted by JakeSchindler View Post

Do you call off so wide to give the illusion that your not folding if someone play back at you? If not are u slamming your mouse with your front teeth during the typical hand? Fortune favors the bold.. congrats on your success in '10

I just like to see all 5.
    That would hurt my teeth a lot.

Originally Posted by HITTHEPANDA View Post

did you REALLY have a 9?

lol

You're the only person to get me to fold a fullhouse all year, feel blessed.

Originally Posted by dhubermex View Post

Hi guys,

This thread is reserved for discussion related to the Jymaster0011 Well. If you would like to discuss a separate issue, please create your own thread.

-David

Maybe like 2 or 3 ever.
    I get asked about 50 times a day tho. It's really annoying.
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 84 5 6 7 8