[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. **Note: I personally am running this contest and it is not sanctioned, endorsed or in any way associated with the P5s business.**

Let's get the ball rolling on this. This thread is for discussion purposes, let me know your thoughts. I want to finalize the details by Sunday since I will be out of town next week.

Duration: March 4, 12:01 am - March 25, 11:59 pm

Scores: 30 per team, min 5 per person

Teams: Teams of 3 or 4 people, can decide based on how big it gets.

Stakes:

• All: All tournaments tracked by P5s
    • Low Tier: Freezeouts up to $33; Rebuys up to $11
    Buyin:
    • All: $250
    • Low Tier: $75
    Payout: 1-6 teams, winner take all; 7+ teams, 75/25

Tournaments:
    All tracked merge tournaments in your P5s profile

Draft:
    Draft with Captains. Time TBA (either Friday/Saturday/Sunday)

Total prize pool may be reduced to cover scorekeeping and/or moving money between skins. Will let you know at a future date.

Send Money to:
    tyson219 (Carbon)
    tford219 (Hero)
    tef219 (Lock)
    lollerbladed (BCP)
    CARB0NM0N0XIDE (Overbet)
    other skins - let me know the skin and i'll try to work it out

Team andressoprano
    andressoprano (Dieyoung)
    Iplaythabored (m1lkd0ug7t9)
    gar2garvin
    delta6789

Team babyshark33
    babyshark33 (thebattler33)
    dadams588
    cmu92 (bestindabiz92/lamarthejew)
    donkiman (ThatsBone)

Team neuby
    neuby (LateRegAficionado/n000bs)
    chainsawkessler
    mstark87 (Crazypakeha)
    actyper

Team OhScissorMe
    OhScissorMe (6bet42off)
    sirswish6 (NODOJINMEXICO)
    biondash (biondash22)
    bigdshaggyj (JohnnyLongballs)

Team ou_dlanger610
    ou_dlanger610 (DougLang)
    engineered2win (Engineered2Kill)
    Jason1 (househusband10)
    elimherr (AmberLamps)

Team phatcat
    phatcat (1phatcat1)
    tarzan4 (jecht4)
    ccuster_911 (FuzzySpork)
    seanooo

Team the_dean22
    the_dean22 (BorisGrischenko)
    carbonmonoxide (CARB0NM0N0XIDE)
    iloseraces (SirSamuelVimes)
    jppp5039 (SOASamcro/WalterWhite)

Team tyson219
    tyson219 (tford219)
    icufish (FishTankHeo)
    albert chuns (Albert0Chuns)
    R.J_Legit (aFISHianado)

Low (cancelled):

The Apex (DevilzWork)
    tarzan4 (jecht4)
    jppp5039 (SOASamcro/WalterWhite)
    eham5

Will refund money in the next day or two.
    Edited By: tyson219 Mar 5th, 2012 at 07:36 PM

Add tyson219 to Rail
  2. in.
    Add phatcat to Rail
  3. i'll play
    Add the_dean22 to Rail
  4. most likley in, how we pickin teams?
    Add pinishe45 to Rail
  5. o hi
    Add supra1988t to Rail
  6. in, there should be captains imo, or just make our own teams, anything but random

Add Iplaythabored to Rail
  7. yeah, i agree with captains

Thread StarterAdd tyson219 to Rail
  8. Lesss Gooo

Add neuby to Rail
  9. I agree with captins BUT the players should be randomly allocated to each captain that way the field will be level dont want 4 triple crown winners in one team tbh, if something along these lines is done im in
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  10. interested in Low Tier

Add IBGrindin to Rail
  11. yeh low tier myself if the captains idea is random
    Add bradqwer to Rail
    Originally Posted by bradqwer View Post

I agree with captins BUT the players should be randomly allocated to each captain that way the field will be level dont want 4 triple crown winners in one team tbh, if something along these lines is done im in

Well, the point of captains is to avoid a random draft. Each team has a captain and there's a draft order. Each captain picks one player until everyone has been selected. Unless your captain is a complete moron, there's no way there would be 4 triple crown winners on 1 team and 4 players with <50k in cashes on another.
    Edited By: tyson219 Feb 16th, 2012 at 08:29 PM

13. in, does the high tier need a low cap tho?

and i like captains with snake draft

Add gar2garvin to Rail
  14. hopefully in, and yeah just have captains imo
    Add shanetrain22 to Rail
  15. I'm not a fan of the higher and lower tiers.....If people are in the contest I guarantee you that they are playing anything ranging from 3r to the 215 high rollers. Make it all one. maybe a 150 entry fee for the whole series all merge tournes tracked on p'5s count. then pick top 30 scores and top ten from each player. You will get a lot bigger turnout for this comp if you combine both, and will be less work
    Edited By: perky264 Feb 16th, 2012 at 08:41 PM
    Add perky264 to Rail
  16. i like this ^ but keep the entry at $250

Add gar2garvin to Rail
  17. TBH im not in many of the £215 only a few of the 109's mainly 10 - 55's if you made it 100 to 150 Id play is that 150 a team or per person? if its a team then im down for $250 if its per person 150 max for me sorry, Im down for the captain idea, but really think the captain should mix the team for all stake level players, i mean what happens if i dont get picked lol dont want an elitest event
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  18. I'd much rather have only one tier. A bunch of people posted in the last competition and PM'd that they wanted something with lower buyins only. I'm fine with making one tier with all and one tier with low only. And if enough people don't sign up for the low side, it won't run.

I do think it's unfair to have a all tiers category but include people on a team that are only playing a subset of the schedule. And since captains may not know that before hand, I'd prefer to keep the buyin at $250 and run a low comp on the side if enough people are actually interested.
    Edited By: tyson219 Feb 16th, 2012 at 08:57 PM

19. Tyson ^^^^that would be a whole lot better imo. I'm 90 percent in..I'll be on the lookout when the comp details are finalized in the next week and I'll let you know my status
    Add perky264 to Rail
  20. I'm in, for the low tier comp if it runs
    Add itsbeengoodtome to Rail
    Originally Posted by tyson219 View Post

I'd much rather have only one tier. A bunch of people posted in the last competition and PM'd that they wanted something with lower buyins only. I'm fine with making one tier with all and one tier with low only. And if enough people don't sign up for the low side, it won't run.

I do think it's unfair to have a all tiers category but include people on a team that are only playing a subset of the schedule. And since captains may not know that before hand, I'd prefer to keep the buyin at $250 and run a low comp on the side if enough people are actually interested.

Correct me if im wrong but are u saying if we dont play say the higher level buy ins that the low level players like myself are not welcome and would have to play in a low that may not run correct? Like I said i play to play all the low's a few of the middles and a couple of the bigs, but what if I only wanted to play the buy ins up to say $30, if im not able to play as part of a teamrather know now

Cliffs:

In for whatever, BUT in the interest of the smaller guys think it should be open to all no matter what the buy in I mean what cant a team have 4 players 2 High stake players, 2 Med/Small players.

I mean I cant see us getting enough teams to play a low only event but if we inc all levels top avg score for each player then its a comp for all.

Prob wont go down like that and feel its going to be for the high stakes mid players only if im honest :-(
    Edited By: bradqwer Feb 16th, 2012 at 09:46 PM
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  22. In for low tier

Add boneralert to Rail
  23. I'd love to include the low stakes players. That's why the low tier is there. I personally am worried enough low stakes players won't be interested, but I'm happy to run it if there interest is there. Depending on what happens, we may be able to find a compromise where we include 1 low stakes person on each team with 3/4 high stakes people.

The one problem with the LS tier is that P5s is a forum for MTT players. Most of the US players that play regularly now are experienced past mid/high stakes guys, unsurprisingly. As a result, I don't think many of the exclusively low stakes players pay regular attention to the forums, and therefore probably wont play. If you play the low stakes and really want that tier to take off, promote it at the tables and tell the other LS regs.

24. Hey im down for what ever but i cant buy in to all the high buy ins as well not rolled for them, and just playing them to play in the comp is daft but ill let the big boys play if u do get interest or open it to all players im in

could we have a low tier single player not team then if ur worried about numbers
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  25. I'll be playing most everything in the series I just don't want to put up $250 which is why I said I'd be interested in the low tier...

Add IBGrindin to Rail
    Originally Posted by bradqwer View Post

Hey im down for what ever but i cant buy in to all the high buy ins as well not rolled for them, and just playing them to play in the comp is daft but ill let the big boys play if u do get interest or open it to all players im in

could we have a low tier single player not team then if ur worried about numbers

This is a good idea as a 2nd contest since many that are in the team contest will play this since they will play the lower stakes games anyway.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  27. well IF we get low stakes interest im in depending on the buy in, im in for the high buy in if the rules allow small guys in, so im say I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if anyone else wants to play let it be known!!!
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  28. Im in :)

Add dadams588 to Rail
  29. in

Add MattElsarelli to Rail
  30. in
    Add R.J_Legit to Rail