1. I never got a reply back but it's not unexpected since they already said no exceptions, and that I nicely told them I would take my future deposits elsewhere. I've considered myself a casual but serious player ever since Black Friday, but I've stayed loyal to Carbon even with the declining traffic.

I can't speak for everyone else but rankings help motivate myself to play and to be competitive, even though I tend to burn out after a couple months. I like being able to compare myself to everyone else within the P5 community in my state, country, or the world even if everyone knows I'm not that great. If I opt-in then that's my choice since I put my results out there for everyone to see. That is the main reason I joined PocketFives.

I've been following the thread for a few weeks and after no new information I decided to finally email them. I'm hoping they will change their mind or prove me wrong and start updating again. You're welcome for the update but I hate to be the bearer of bad news.
    Edited By: SirJoker Oct 1st, 2016 at 01:13 PM
    Add SirJoker to Rail
  2. thank you mikewebb
    Add BMastaG to Rail
  3. You're welcome!
    Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  4. I sent in a email/comment to Merge about them blocking Pocket Fives. Here are the main points I made in case you want to make your own case to them to reconsider. My email had more details but this is the gist of each point I made.

1. It's an opt-in site
    2. It tracks cashes not profit.
    3. It is a motivator for many players (i.e., going for badges)
    4. I've never heard in chat someone belittle/demean someone because of their P5's rankings...unlike sites like OPR which did allow you to know if a player was a winning or losing player.

It's rare but Merge has from time to time listened to the consensus of the players so let's see if we can get them to change their mind on this one.

Add pgt4jc to Rail
  5. Thanks - we haven't been able to get responses to our emails to Carbon/Merge, so it isn't looking good.
    Thread StarterAdd wackyJaxon to Rail
  6. I tried to sign up to Carbon the other day, and they told me no new memberships...They didn't say my country specifically but it's pretty weird to me that no other site seems to block New Zealand but them.

Not allowing new sign ups seems awfully bad business strategy to me...Guessing this site is going to die very soon.
    Add CheapTorque to Rail
  7. Looks like P5s about a week behind for WPN (for me anyway).
    Add G2thV to Rail
  8. Hey WackyJaxon, can we get an update on this issue? Also, with no new memberships to Carbon, should us existing players worry about the availability of our funds?
    Edited By: Dirtydeuce162 2 Weeks Ago at 08:35 PM
    Add Dirtydeuce162 to Rail
  9. Ok so what is the deal with a leaderboard here at pocketfives? I love the concept of leaderboards for seeing my cashes and stuff but was wondering if there is a bigger deal than just seeing where I stand in the country and state and city?
    Add whitelextown to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dirtydeuce162 View Post

Hey WackyJaxon, can we get an update on this issue? Also, with no new memberships to Carbon, should us existing players worry about the availability of our funds?

Hi - Carbon has ignored all our emails about this, and we have given up trying to include them in the rankings unless they contact us.
    Originally Posted by whitelextown View Post

Ok so what is the deal with a leaderboard here at pocketfives? I love the concept of leaderboards for seeing my cashes and stuff but was wondering if there is a bigger deal than just seeing where I stand in the country and state and city?

If you wanted to run a contest with friends on PocketFives, you can do so in a custom leaderboard as well. Other than that, you have a general idea.
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Hi - Carbon has ignored all our emails about this, and we have given up trying to include them in the rankings unless they contact us.

Ah, that's a total bummer, and a bit of a fright! I appreciate your expedient response :)
    Add Dirtydeuce162 to Rail
  13. I've reported missing one tournaments few months back and it wasnt updated. Last weak I had some bink on winamax and it still aint reported here, could you help me here somehow because I used ''report missing tournament'' and nothing happened. Ty.
    Add nomalice to Rail