[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Posting on here to say that Marc has paid back the 2k he scammed off me and apologised for his behaviour.

Despite the television coverage, and the huge marketing drives of the major sites, poker remains a profession on the margins of society. Few friends or family understand what we do and 'Black Friday' has shown that the corporations that made millions from our rake care very little for what happens to us. Our main bulwark against societies antipathy to the game we love is our closeness of our community. There's been an increasing number of scams and rip-offs reported in the forums over the last few months and it's very troubling. Whilst it remains so difficult to get banks and landlords to recognise our income as legitimate, the bonds of trust and frienship amongst members of our small community will remain of vital importance.

I really hope everyone, including Toby and Jy, get there money back.
    Add TheSquid to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post

Posting on here to say that Marc has paid back the 2k he scammed off me and apologised for his behaviour.

Despite the television coverage, and the huge marketing drives of the major sites, poker remains a profession on the margins of society. Few friends or family understand what we do and 'Black Friday' has shown that the corporations that made millions from our rake care very little for what happens to us. Our main bulwark against societies antipathy to the game we love is our closeness of our community. There's been an increasing number of scams and rip-offs reported in the forums over the last few months and it's very troubling. Whilst it remains so difficult to get banks and landlords to recognise our income as legitimate, the bonds of trust and frienship amongst members of our small community will remain of vital importance.

Very well said. It's really sad that this is all true
    Add tom44411 to Rail
  3. How does a player like this get that many loans with this running reputation? Is this a good friend of Toby and Jordan's and he is just skipping town because he can't get out of debt? It seems after the first couple loans that other players would of heard of his rep and that was it?

Add feezable to Rail
  4. I don't know if it was ever clarified that Railtard and Dean23Price are different people for sure, but I'm just letting this thread know that Dean23Price has been MTTing all day and has about 15k worth of winnings today.

Add garp9a to Rail
    Originally Posted by feezable View Post

How does a player like this get that many loans with this running reputation? Is this a good friend of Toby and Jordan's and he is just skipping town because he can't get out of debt? It seems after the first couple loans that other players would of heard of his rep and that was it?

Def not a friend of mine. And I didn't loan him any money, I got screwed doing a swap....not like you run around telling people when someone owes you money so he had some time to screw a bunch of people before then word got out.
    Thread StarterAdd Jymaster0011 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jymaster0011 View Post

Def not a friend of mine. And I didn't loan him any money, I got screwed doing a swap....not like you run around telling people when someone owes you money so he had some time to screw a bunch of people before then word got out.

He chopped the bigger $162 also yesterday for 30k.. Hope everyone gets the the back they were screwed out of swapping with this guy.. Good Luck!

Ya I am a dolt.. that was 4 days ago.. Still though he has 45-50k in scores in last 5 days.. should be paying some people off would like to hear if he has or has not done so.. any updates about other players getting paid?

Add aa_thief_aa to Rail
    Originally Posted by aa_thief_aa View Post

He chopped the bigger $162 also yesterday for 30k.. Hope everyone gets the the back they were screwed out of swapping with this guy.. Good Luck!

Ya I am a dolt.. that was 4 days ago.. Still though he has 45-50k in scores in last 5 days.. should be paying some people off would like to hear if he has or has not done so.. any updates about other players getting paid?

its got nothing to do with dean23price u idiot he dont owe them money its his friend railtard,
    Add matdoyle07 to Rail
    Originally Posted by matdoyle07 View Post

its got nothing to do with dean23price u idiot he dont owe them money its his friend railtard,

Althugh they are or were housemates as far as i know although its very difficult to prove railtard(mark) has been playing on the dean23price acount for quite awhile.
    Add Duchy Duke7 to Rail
    Originally Posted by whereisdonny View Post

http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/dean23price/

this is the same guy?? he says its his housemates account at some point, is that out of the question now? why are the pms to the mod from railtard1 and yet there is a seperate dean23price account? dean23price i have played with quite a bit and never got berated or seen any berating and i always thought he played pretty well so i am confused...

Yeah he has calmed down with the berating regs thing now, but I can 100% assure you that dean23price is the same guy. He's crushing atm too.

Add The Grouch to Rail
  10. he's deep in wcoop now so every1 that he still owes get railing an asking for it or skype/pm him or whatever?
    Add welshy1 to Rail
  11. Has anyone reported him to stars for using more than 1 account?
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  12. Read this story on another forum a good few months ago. Good to see he has paid some back, he shouldnt be congratulated, but at least he is doing the right thing.
    Situations like this are so frequent now, the almighty dollar will allways be a driving force in many peoples actions.
    Add ranting7 to Rail
  13. i think ppl would rather let him win enough $$ to pay ppl back than to have him banned and pay nothing

Add Much__Bettor to Rail
  14. lol jymaster moaning he been scammed for a few $$$
    you just scammed moorman for 80k u idiot
    Add barnsey1980 to Rail
  15. hes not using more than one account... ddfromds is not in use(cehck opr for recetn history).. he only used dean23price and evryone knows who it is

Add discomonkey to Rail
    Originally Posted by discomonkey View Post

hes not using more than one account... ddfromds is not in use(cehck opr for recetn history).. he only used dean23price and evryone knows who it is

Why wouldn't he be just using the ddfromds account then, since this is his account?
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Sep 10th, 2011 at 01:17 AM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  17. http://www.pokertube.com/free-poker-...9_-__1050_NLHE

lol, tuckman should've said: dean23price, very well known HSMTT reg that's also known to be scamming other people left and right

Edit: he has money to pay back now I guess
    Edited By: eDaN Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    Add eDaN to Rail
  18. what latest with this now then? he at my table now il rip shit into him!
    Add welshy1 to Rail
  19. Did everyone get their $ back?

dean23price: nice bigcol, educated comment
    BigCol62: yah we love multi accounting scammers
    dean23price: u mean someone who made a ton of mistakes but paid it all back?
    dean23price: got hated on for a few weeks
    dean23price: paid it all back
    dean23price: made up for my dumb mistakes,
    dean23price: put then behind me
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  20. LOL - multiaccounter, liar, and thief all packaged together.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

LOL - multiaccounter, liar, and thief all packaged together.

all the recent posts say he has been paying back. Your comment seems non constructive. Would he be hated more if he had left the poker world behind and not paid back the $ ?
    Add ranting7 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ranting7 View Post

all the recent posts say he has been paying back. Your comment seems non constructive. Would he be hated more if he had left the poker world behind and not paid back the $ ?

He has won alot and hasn't paid everyone back and its been months since he scammed alot of people. I think he would be less hated if he took his debts seriously and didn't lie every chance he got.

Edit: its been over a year now, he has taken 3rd in the warm-up and done well in other tourneys. There are posts that are recent showing money hasn't been paid back and at this point people wrote it off. Below is an example.

Originally Posted by xxCelticFCxx View Post

Owes me $4200 dont seem to be getting it anytime soon

Glad though he lies about paying everyone back in a couple of weeks though and also then says he put it all behind him. Sounds like a great guy :/. Liars gonna lie though, so I guess its to be expected, just surprised that someone comes on here and says "all is well"
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Sep 30th, 2011 at 01:06 AM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

He has won alot and hasn't paid everyone back and its been months since he scammed alot of people. I think he would be less hated if he took his debts seriously and didn't lie every chance he got.

Edit: its been over a year now, he has taken 3rd in the warm-up and done well in other tourneys. There are posts that are recent showing money hasn't been paid back and at this point people wrote it off. Below is an example.

Glad though he lies about paying everyone back in a couple of weeks though and also then says he put it all behind him. Sounds like a great guy :/. Liars gonna lie though, so I guess its to be expected, just surprised that someone comes on here and says "all is well"

He owes me $2800 now had sent some in small parts every now and again , i have been in contact with him ... suppose one good thing is that he isnt ignoring me , hopefully he can just hurry up and get every1 paid as soon as
    Add xxCelticFCxx to Rail
  24. Glad to hear you are getting at least something. Just has to be a kick in the balls to hear someone say that they have put it behind them and that everyone was paid back in weeks when this is still open probably for many people besides you. GL getting your money back.

According to sharkscope, he is up over $250K this year on tourneys and SNGs and up over $252K since this thread started. Seems weird you are getting it in bits and pieces, but guess you have to be happy you even got what you did so far.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  25. A certain somebody shipped the s500 for 64k last night.
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  26. Reminds of first FT of the epic poker league when guys were rooting for chino so they'd get there money back :)

Hope everyone get there money now(if they haven't allready)
    Add Darkowa to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post

Posting on here to say that Marc has paid back the 2k he scammed off me and apologised for his behaviour.

Plus1
    Add 1kciSllaCi to Rail
  28. Marc has paid me the rest of the money he owed me and from what I've heard he has paid back the majority of they people he owed. I wouldn't dare excuse his actions but I will say that through this whole thing he never ignored any of my messages, never hid like he could have, and always acknowledged his debt and did his best to clear it. I'm happy to be done with this and if anyone else has been paid back by Marc, please come in this thread and post it.

Thanks
    Thread StarterAdd Jymaster0011 to Rail
  29. Thats cool that you got paid back because most the people who have been scammed recently haven't been paid and have been igrnored. There have been a lot of scammer threads recently on Pocket Fives and 2+2 and I hope everyone gets paid back eventually.

Add kevmode to Rail
  30. Dealer: dean23price finished the tournament in 250th place
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 94 5 6 7 8