This will mostly be like the same one goldenad ran in January. I don't expect folks to be comfortable with me holding money because I'm largely unknown still but fortunately wandigo has stepped up and is willing to hold the money if others are not comfortable. Already talked to N 82 and we will have a scoring page. Also, the night of the draft we will have a google spreadsheet to make drafting easier on the captains.Edited By: donkthorne04 Mar 4th, 2011 at 12:19 AM
Buyin: $200+$30 ($230) per entrant. The extra $30 goes towards the MVPs of the competition.(shamelessly stolen from bustuw72's comp). Player with the best score gets 60% of the MVP prize pool, player with the 2nd best score gets 40% of the MVP prize pool. This way if your team tanks, you can still make the monies. Buyin is pretty much non negotiable.
Players per team: 4
Time span: (Sunday) March 6th 12:00 AM EST to March 27th 11:59 PM EST. This includes 4 Sundays. Anything that starts between these times is fair game.
Payouts: Winner take all unless there are more than 10 teams, then we can figure it out from there.
Buyins included in the competition: $109 FOs and under (including METs) and $22 rebuys/cubeds and under. Afaik the scoring system can handle METs now but I'm not sure yet if it will handle the $11r MET 6m mini ftops. The buyin levels themselves are 100% non negotiable. Sorry.
Scoring: Minimum of 10 scores per player, maximum of 17 scores per player. Top 60 scores on team counts. This will be tracked by P5s official scoring system so tourneys will need minimum of 1k prize pool and 100 runners. No 180s count.
Sites: Poker Stars/Full Tilt Poker/Ultimate Bet/Absolute Poker
Money holder: (former) P5s mod and all around good guy Wandigo. Shipping details will be given once it's all ironed out.
Draft details: Thursday March 3rd, 9 PM EST/6 PM PST. WE WILL NEED CAPTAINS. Draft will be of the snake draft variety. Draft list will be randomized.
Basically for now this is an interest/hammer details out thread. If you have an issues with anything please let me know as this is my first time running/spearheading a competition.
Registration: Registration has begun as of February 14th @ 3:00 PM PST. It will go until 2:59 PM PST of March 3rd, the day of the draft unless we need to fill spots. When you sign up make sure whether you specify whether you will be a captain or not. Also when you register specify where you're sending, Stars or FTP.
Where to send your money:
Poker Stars: wandigo (Toledo) or (United States)
Full Tilt Poker: BKqzbxt (first letter T, ninja avatar)
1. donkthorne04 (PAID, CAPTAIN)
2. cracker9ball (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/cracker9ball/
3. doggz (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/doggz/
4. younggiambi (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/younggiambi/
5. EMSGAWA9 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/emsgawa9/
6. MakeMeMaster (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/makememaster/
7. apology7 (PAID, CAPTAIN)
8. mizarkshzark (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/mizarkshzark/
9. OhScissorMe (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/ohscissorme/
10. reallygamble (PAID, CAPTAIN)
11. winwin07 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/winwin07/
12. decamps (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/decamps/
13. hussainsajwani (PAID, CAPTAIN)
14. gar2garvin (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/gar2garvin/
15. fly44 (PAID, CAPTAIN)
16. mtlboy (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/mtlboy/
17. brummieboy (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/brummieboy/
18. danezone (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/danezone/
19. taaffey (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/taaffey/
20. horus7 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/horus7/
21. tuck_you_up (PAID, CAPTAIN)
22. willbec1 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/willbec1/
23. 100mile (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/100mile/
24. ufgators948 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/ufgators948/
25. jiggybluff (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/jiggybluff/
26. ryan beckwith (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/ryan-beckwith/
27. darkhawk-200 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/darkhawk-200/
28. shanetrain22 (PAID, CAPTAIN)
29. jfly77 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/jfly77/
30. Steve Murkle (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/steve-murkle/
31. PizzityPizzwnd (PAID, CAPTAIN)
32. chancew (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/chancew/
33. nugman (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/nugman/
34. arobinson11 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/arobinson11/
35. iridium (PAID, CAPTAIN)
36. perky264 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/perky264/
37. theverdict99 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/theverdict99/
38. jackson18249 (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/jackson18249/
39. DrummerBoyAK (PAID) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/drummerboyak/
40. SirSwish6 (PAID, CAPTAIN)
forgot to include that the buyin for the competition and the buyins in the competition itself aren't up for discussion. my bad.Edited By: donkthorne04 Feb 8th, 2011 at 05:06 AM
might be willing to have a singles comp as well, I'll get back to you MMM.
Edited the OP. There will be no singles comp, but rather the MVP system like in bustuw72's comp. Much more stuff added to OP to make it easier to read.
Also for the sake of the captains I'll try to get a page/post set up for the night of the draft with URL's linking to the profiles of the players in the competition so you don't have to jump around trying to find people's P5s accounts during the draft.
i'm also in for the comp
I might be in depending on how the rest of this month goes.
sigh about missing this.
OP edited with all of interested folks in.Edited By: donkthorne04 Feb 9th, 2011 at 01:01 AM
When we get to a certain point I'll probably just start the official thread or have a mod change the title and we'll start registration and such. Probably will be done before end of week.
Bump. Probably will open up registration on Mondayish. Gonna talk to Wandigo before that gets going. Thanks for those who have expressed interest early, makes it easier to get this going.
sorry MMM, just not interested in doing/dealing with it/asking wandigo to hold more money, trying to go as simple as possible
yeah sorry, was actually about to bump this. :P
been busy grinding all weekend, will talk to wandigo and get this thing going with registration by tomorrow or tuesday.