[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. http://www.random.org/lists/

1-3 team 1....4-6 team 2...etc.

def def def do not do it by PLB, i'd much rather just have random teams.

Originally Posted by donkab0mber View Post

Y not give prizes to top 3 instead of 2?

oi, it's a contest for motivation and to try to do the best, not to sneak into a mincash

shoudl be winner take all, imo...but 2 is def better than 3

Gags30 is an instructor at PocketFives Training . To get more of his advice and to watch his training videos, click here.

Add Gags30 to Rail
    Originally Posted by donkab0mber View Post

Y not give prizes to top 3 instead of 2?

We can do 3 if that is what everone wants, I was trying to leave first as large as possible

Originally Posted by Gags30 View Post

http://www.random.org/lists/

oi, it's a contest for motivation and to try to do the best, not to sneak into a mincash

Agree with all of this

Thread StarterAdd jtj03 to Rail
  3. yea 2 is fine...and randomizing it kinda takes the fun out of the whole "draft" thing but it is what it is...has a decision been made then?

Add I Drastiq I to Rail
  4. I have the teams picked on PLB but not posting them for another hour or two until I know 100% that the PLB snake method isn't argued by anyone in it and wants to back out, etc. I think this is fair though and as random as anything else.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail

PLB is pretty random and just a titch fairer than pulling names out of a hat, at least now there should be no excuses for "how my shitty team out of a hat was"

Teams will be added to OP

6. yeah winner takes all teams and 1st and 2nd for indy sounds about right, am cool with a first and second for both or outright win it is a comp afterall!!

Add squire1888 to Rail

+1 to everything. Please use the randomizer Gags had linked to.

Id rather teams be random then PLB method. Some of the higher PLB guys joined this without intention of playing all the events if I am not mistaken. (edit - foutight is the only guy i can find in the thread who said this but still.... whomever gets him as there top plb player is at disadvantage since he said he wont be putting in volume. )

Winner take all too imo but ok for 2 paid. Fuck 3rd place.
    Edited By: Gotskillz May 5th, 2012 at 05:50 PM

Add Gotskillz to Rail
    Originally Posted by Gotskillz View Post

+1 to everything. Please use the randomizer Gags had linked to.

Id rather teams be random then PLB method. Some of the higher PLB guys joined this without intention of playing all the events if I am not mistaken.

Winner take all too imo but ok for 2 paid. Fuck 3rd place.

I could careless how teams get picked. In other words, I dont care, we need to get this done asap

9. do the random thing gags posted, or out a hat whatever

but random is def better than plb imo
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
  10. i don't understand why plb would be unfair, im happy to go with either though
    Add Grammy to Rail
  11. Ok so on my count we have 4 of us coming out against plb method

In favour of RANDOM (not plb based) teams

gotskillz
    gags30
    mcandrews
    sqydro

In favour of PLB based teams

deemer6
    drastik
    steve murkle

Doesn't care

Jtj03
    Grammy

EDIT - Maybe hold this vote open for a couple hours and see ?
    Edited By: Gotskillz May 5th, 2012 at 06:11 PM

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  12. I am not doing it again, and already picked teams using PLBs. If going with the hat method, then jtj will have to do it. I don't care, since I am not in the contest, but impartially speaking, I don't really see how this is less fair than random since you wont wind up with 3 top 11 PLB players on the same team this way. Maybe I am missing something though.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  13. yeah not sure how PLB is unfair, i'm fine with doing it the way it's already done

Add I Drastiq I to Rail
  14. Prefer the original method of a snake draft and nothing else really, its what makes this fun for me and the fairest. Random is w.e. when you are a good player but middle of the pack or lower than its not as much

Add Steve Murkle to Rail
  15. It doesn't matter who does it, its a matter of copying and pasting the list of names here http://www.random.org/lists/

updated vote count

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  16. Move me into In favour of PLB as i think it is probably the fairest for everyone, thanks
    Add Grammy to Rail
    Originally Posted by jtj03 View Post

I could careless how teams get picked. In other words, I dont care, we need to get this done asap

This +1
    Add M1ghtyducks to Rail
  18. nvm im ok with both. i do think we shud settle this asap. plb does seem better overall tho
    Edited By: donkab0mber May 5th, 2012 at 06:47 PM
    Add donkab0mber to Rail
    Originally Posted by Gotskillz View Post

Ok so on my count we have 4 of us coming out against plb method

In favour of RANDOM (not plb based) teams

gotskillz
    gags30
    mcandrews
    sqydro
    foutight
    donkabomber

In favour of PLB based teams

deemer6
    drastik
    steve murkle
    grammy
    Jtj03

Doesn't care

mightyducks

EDIT - Maybe hold this vote open for a couple hours and see ?

updated count

We should have a time limit on this vote. Perhaps 5pm? To avoid one side just waiting to be in the lead and saying ok its settled.
    Edited By: Gotskillz May 5th, 2012 at 07:11 PM

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  20. looks like 4-3, since sqydro never said random was preferred. And maybe 5-3 if you consider that donkabomber prefers plb, but said it doesn't matter and just wants it done.
    Edited By: wackyJaxon May 5th, 2012 at 06:54 PM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  21. the problem with PLB is that some sickos that dont put much volume are going to be ranked really low since they rarely play anymore but are going to grind hard during SCOOP . the other problem is that I am ranked decently but am not going to play much so my team would be slightly at a disadvantage like GotSkills mentionned.

So if we are voting , I would vote for RANDOM teams but really I dont care that much either way.

Pretty excited to see the teams and pretty excited to start grinding SCOOOOP

glgl everyone
    Add FouTight to Rail
    Originally Posted by sqydro View Post

getting excited now! yeah randomly picking sounds good makes it fairer as well, and more fun imo!

"randomly picking sounds good and makes it fairer as well"

Seems to me this means its preferred to him.

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  23. hmm i'd like to change my vote to random. foutight's convinced me
    Add donkab0mber to Rail
  24. So i say we close the voting at 5pm est since thats when the draft was supposed to be.

upadated in my quote post above. voting is at 6 - 4 in favor of random
    Edited By: Gotskillz May 5th, 2012 at 07:04 PM

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  25. I think the people that prefer the PLB method are less animated by the others, so probably best for jtj03 just to do it random to keep the most people happy even if you might wind up with some fairly sick teams and others that won't have a players in the top 11 plb wise on their team. GL all.

Either way not popping back into this thread until tomorrow to update the OP with the teams that are posted by jtj later today.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  26. Move me over to plb's, its already done, and I really dont understand what all the fuss is about over a 100 dollar comp....its not like the fields sizes are gonna be tiny and there arent that many people in here that suck and have no clue what they are doing....its already done as well....I can understand some of the higher ranked guys not wanting this and hoping to get paired up together thru a random draft but thats just withered on their part.

Ill check back for an update gotskillz in 45 minutes, see where we are at with the vote on what the majority wants. At 330est I will post teams either by the list I have or doing a random team generator.
    Edited By: jtj03 May 5th, 2012 at 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by jtj03 View Post

Move me over to plb's, its already done, and I really dont understand what all the fuss is about over a 100 dollar comp....its not like the fields sizes are gonna be tiny and there arent that many people in here that suck and have no clue what they are doing....its already done as well....I can understand some of the higher ranked guys not wanting this and hoping to get paired up together thru a random draft.

It is not that. Read foutights explanation.

Updated count is 6 -5 in favor of random.

It is irrelevant that it is already done imo, if it was done arbitrarily without support of the majority of people in the comp

Wacky, not saying you would, but pls dont tell anyone what team they would be on in your method, so it does not influence there vote.
    If you have told anyone, then i suggest if that method wins it gets reseeded.
    If you have not mentioned any team info to anyone, then we can just take your word for it and go with what you have already done, in the event that method wins the vote.
    Edited By: Gotskillz May 5th, 2012 at 07:12 PM

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  28. I have intentionally not posted the teams for this reason.

I do think if the vote is a tie to go random since the people that have posts PLB won't be upset if its random, while a few people that voted for random might be upset if its PLB.
    Edited By: wackyJaxon May 5th, 2012 at 07:21 PM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  29. YA or if its a tie, we could make mightyducks pick a side and he will have all the power!!! haha

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  30. i agree with the snake plb thingy

Add Geraldo22 to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 93 4 5 6 7