Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

. This guy deserves to be in jail with all the money he has stolen.

I'd think that ^ would be letting him off way too lightly.

I'm surprised we don't read about people like this floating up on the shore somewhere.
    Add Poker Orifice to Rail
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

Black Friday bringing out the worst of some poker players. Another sad read about a scamming thread.

This appears to have started long before BF in 2010.

P5 needs one consolidated scammer thread like the thread on 2p2. Before taking on a horse I always check P5, 2p2, ptp and google for any info on a horse. Too bad nothing on him was out there. I guess, like me we were conned so good he left us hopeful we would get our money.

Add Manhat10ite to Rail
    Originally Posted by yarbles View Post

i think when he agreed to pay 2k interest on a 3k loan he never had any intention of paying u anything back...

This.

I played quite a bit with SilentNut on FT over the years and am def surprised by this thread but then again I guess that's the mark of a really good scam artist.

Add adamsapple19 to Rail
    Originally Posted by IBGrindin View Post

I know you have to wait 4 days to xfer after receiving one, but that doesnt sound like the case here unfortunately.

I'm just curious made you decide to stake him again after he pretty blatantly stole from you? I hope you get your funds back asap.

Fair question. He had been asking since early December to restart the stake so that he could make things right for me and get me my money back by playing. We talked for 5-6 days in late January before I decided to back him again (at much lower stakes) and he made assurances that things would go smoothly. The motivating factor for me was simple: between loans and makeup he owed 25k and in low/mid stakes mtts he's a profitable horse. It was an opportunity to make back some of my money while waiting (and if I was honest with myself, holding out hope it was true) for his inheritance. I was clear that if profits weren't transferred back the next day, it would violate our agreement and I'd take action. I didn't think he would stake his reputation on the 1k I provided him to play with. Since I believe he's broke, I also didn't think he'd attempt to screw up any deal that allowed him an option to make money by stealing. I was wrong and misjudged him.

Originally Posted by yarbles View Post

i think when he agreed to pay 2k interest on a 3k loan he never had any intention of paying u anything back...

It was an odd situation. Jeff had claimed he was getting a large 6 figure inheritance in November ever since I had started talking to him in April/May 2011. I didn't believe it was possible for someone to create and continue telling a lie like this for months on end. And not only creating the story, but talking about it 2-3+ times per week. He even attempted to discuss with me on multiple times buying out half my stable, increasing its size and going into business together once it arrived. I never responded with a yes, but it made it seem as if the money was definitely coming.

In October he came to me and asked for money 3-4 times and said his family was going to be evicted from their home, his life in ruins, etc. if he didn't get some cash. He offered to pay 2k in interest since he just needed a 3-4 week holdover until his inheritance was received. I didn't really want to nor was I in the greatest position to help him out. It was obviously a warning sign and I should not have done it, however, I genuinely felt bad for him and his situation. It was a fairly compelling story. At the time he was around 15k in makeup, so I also didn't want to have my horse getting evicted and not playing poker for me. Hindsight is 20/20 and this, unfortunately, was a warning sign I mistakenly ignored.

Since making this post, I have received definitive proof he removed $2800 from the stake earlier this week. It's outright theft which brings the total to $4825 and leaves our makeup number at just over $15k.

Originally Posted by Manhat10ite View Post

Well I certainly wish this was posted earlier. I staked him as bigfinnit on RPM recently. I will make it short and sweet. I started staking him about December 22, 2011. He did okay, then disappeared, he told me his Step Father died in a motorcycle accident and he had to fly back to PA. When he got back he started to grind, but his rails where down 800 whille SS showed him up 800. I decided this was due to rebuy issues. I was smart and asked him to transfer to 2 of my other players to reduce his roll, this worked out fine. Obv believable since RPM's 4 day wait on transfers he understood why this was needed. Then on Sunday Jan 20th, he convinced me to reload him $500, I did have my reservations but did. He said he would grind all day, I checked the next day and he hadn't played at all. When I contacted him on Skype, he said his girl friend was very sick and he had to take care of their kid, but he would grind the rest of the week. A few days later with no action I asked again what was up and he said his sisters 2 year old was in the hospital and he would send back all funds as soon as he was back home. I have seen him playing as silentnut2 the last few days on Merge. I was hoping to avoid starting a thread like this until I was refunded, but I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Below is my Skype conversation with him, I bolded one section where I asked him to send me his transfer history, you can see there was a formatting error when I asked him to send me his transfer issue as if he deleted a transfer but didn't hit the enter key so there was no space. After seeing this I can't believe I was gullible enough to send him another $500. Just glad I kept him on a tight leash.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

While you were backing him, we had this skype conversation. He was clearly lying to me. Sorry he screwed you over as well.

[1/10/2012 11:57:34 PM] Tyson Ford: hey Jeff. Do you have any updates on when you can get me some money? Any updates on when you expect to receive your money? I was hoping you'd be playing poker the past month or so and at least be able to pay back some of the money, but i haven't seen you online at all. Are you going to be playing and able to pay me anything from that? Thanks.
    [1/11/2012 4:08:06 AM] Jeff ( silentnut ): Have no funds online , and had a major family disaster ...My inheritance should be in my hands anytime ...believe me Im eagerly waiting ...I got fucked over on stride and owe the fckin world it feels like ...anyways ttyl

Jeff's screen names:
    SilentNut - FTP
    SilentNut2 - Hero/Merge
    BigFinNut - RPM/Merge
    Nutz0Nutz - Carbon/Merge
    BigNitttty - Stride/Merge

Thread StarterAdd tyson219 to Rail
  5. damn bignitty ! i hope this is not true.... thought the guy was decent and had tons of potential
    Add ktyven to Rail
  6. This really sucks but honestly this has to be said to "Loose cannon" dont take this the wrong way but dude seriously? you initially back him and send him 5k, change ur mind, ask for the 3k back after what he had lost(turn it into a loan) and somehow you turn what was a guy you dropped from backings 3k he owed u into 35k of loans? It looked dodgy as all hell the entire way reading through those conversations.

The problem was you are clearly to nice. Does this mean he gets the right to take advantage of you? obvcourse not, but come on man slap yourself in the face you should of seen the signs about the 15th time he asked for a loan on top of his 15h reassuring comment of how he had money coming in and his 15th excuse for why the money coming in had been delayed.

In saying that, I sincerely hope you get your money back, I think its disgusting he preyed on someone like you as your obviously a nice guy to be trying to help him out as much as you did but lets face it, your the perfect person for a scam artist to go after. btw Can i borrow 15k my cat is really ill right now - Jokes aside i really hope you get your money back same with OP, GL to you both.
    Add Ahurazor to Rail
  7. Gross, gl getting $s back to all

Add slayerv1fan to Rail
    Originally Posted by loose_cannon_jj View Post

Yeah I fucked up. I knew when I posted this I would be trolled by people like you. Well done. Hope you feel better about yourself.

I guess I was thinking the same thing as Tyson. This guy was in the community for a long time, a lot of people knew him. If he didn't have any money to play he couldn't win to pay me back so I kept loaning him a little at a time.

If you take that as trolling it's your mistake as it was definitely not intended that way. Seomtimes you need to look beneath the remarks.
    Add Ahurazor to Rail
  9. a joke in poor taste ill admit. Look forget it "people like me" should watch what they say and i will in future. Good luck recovering what is lost.
    Add Ahurazor to Rail
  10. It's disappointing to hear about all this scamming going on. Hope you guys are able to get some kind of resolution with this guy. Manch is right, it's really disheartening to see people who have been pretty successful in the poker community turn around and treat their peers like this.

Add boneralert to Rail
  11. Cant you take this to court fairly easily? I know backing and Poker might be harder to deal with in court but by the sounds of it you were just loaning him money its not your fault how he spent it if you were just loaning him money.
    Add MattAKA to Rail
  12. all of this is making our game look bad ,here we are demanding regulation and these things occur, hopefully outsiders don't read these things and assume this is widespread [percentage wise] because as a whole we are not...........

damn man this is a brutal thread
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  13. I understand the need to post threads like this. It warns the community etc..etc. My question is has outing someone like this ever caused anyone to repay what they owe?
    Add LSU Tigerz to Rail
    Originally Posted by swd805 View Post

Hes not enternally downswinging, hes just not good at poker.

Agreed.
    What a fucking cocksucker.
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  15. agreed, someone should introduce silentnut to brendon1717, they could perhaps go play in the woods together......

Add norv to Rail
    Originally Posted by double_kyan View Post

all of this is making our game look bad ,here we are demanding regulation and these things occur, hopefully outsiders don't read these things and assume this is widespread [percentage wise] because as a whole we are not...........

damn man this is a brutal thread

Worse things happen in the real business world every day. People NEED to report this type of thing so we can protect each other. Here we have 4 people that we know of screwed over by the same person. No doubt this thread is going to save someone else from getting screwed over by this thief. I do not see the connection between someone being outed for the scumbag they and the political ping-pong game of getting poker regulated. The people arguing that online poker is bad will find any veil to hind under, because they feel financially or politically its bad for them, not because of someone being outed.
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Feb 5th, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  17. Hello P5ers,

It was not my intention to post in this thread or discussion but since I have been mentioned in the OP and since the network has now finished its own consideration, it was agreed that I should make a statement here for clarity sake on Hero's side.

There has never been an issue with the transfer of cash from 'silentnut2'' to the OP on Hero, nor, was this ever brought up to me from 'silentnut2'.

I never received an email from 'silentnut2' in regards to the general issue with the OP regarding money owned to OP before this thread.

After consideration, 'silentnut2' at this point has been banned on Hero by the network.

While there are supporting details/facts via the player's account history, suffice to say that, in the context of what was told to the OP by 'silentnut2' (as according to the OP) did not happen in terms of myself both being involved in the misunderstanding of funds related between their accounts and receiving communication from silentnut2 about the situation outlined by the OP.

I wish the best to those involved in this situation. In terms of what I can assist with, even limited, that will between a discussion between myself and the OP only and deal with only what is concrete in the account history between the interaction of the two accounts only.

Regards,
    David
    Edited By: David Jung Feb 6th, 2012 at 05:27 AM
    Add David Jung to Rail
  18. Good job David, is he banned from just Hero or from Merge entirely?
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  19. Thanks David.

David has been very professional and helpful throughout this situation and provided as much information as he could without revealing confidential information about another players account. I'm grateful his past and continued support in helping me resolve this situation.

Thread StarterAdd tyson219 to Rail
  20. wow this all sucks, seemed like a nice dude. gl Tyson :/
    Add the_dean22 to Rail
    Originally Posted by the_dean22 View Post

wow this all sucks, seemed like a nice dude. gl Tyson :/

+1
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  22. Sigh, i really hate to see this. Jeff and I have always been very friendly at the tables , and i would never ever expect any of this. I hope he comes in to comment, would like to hear his side of it as well. Really hope you guys can get everything resolved.

Add Counting Bodies to Rail
    Originally Posted by loose_cannon_jj View Post

I texted Jeff today he say's he still going to pay. He has never dodged me contacting him about this money, even though it's almost been a year since I last loaned him.

This is the reason I don't think he's a con man. You don't play the mark and then keep in contact with him for a year afterwards, you get the hell out of Dodge.

I hope Jeff can find a way to make good with all of us, no matter how long it takes.

I hope you are right, but I remember too well Chazgate in OT and how he was stringing people along. GL getting your money.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  24. I honestly disagree, this is pretty much exactly what a conman would do in this situation. He kept you and others from posting about this for quite a long time thus enabling him to steal from me. Had he not kept promising you and others repayment surely one of you would have posted sooner.

Add Manhat10ite to Rail
    Originally Posted by Manhat10ite View Post

I honestly disagree, this is pretty much exactly what a conman would do in this situation. He kept you and others from posting about this for quite a long time thus enabling him to steal from me. Had he not kept promising you and others repayment surely one of you would have posted sooner.

Agreed. He had a bigger picture in mind. He wasn't just conning one person. Much in the same way a ponzi schemer must make some payments to initial investors in order to keep new people investing.

Another possibility is, he may not even think he's conning people. He may even have himself convinced of all these things and that's why it's so easy for the people he took advantage of to believe him.

Add adamsapple19 to Rail
  26. +1 to what Manch said. What it wrong with people.

Add MikeBucks to Rail
  27. <deleted>
    Edited By: loose_cannon_jj Feb 7th, 2012 at 06:53 AM
    Add loose_cannon_jj to Rail
  28. The most shocking part of this thread is that there are so many people who thought he was good at poker

Add MattElsarelli to Rail
    Originally Posted by MattElsarelli View Post

The most shocking part of this thread is that there are so many people who thought he was good at poker

profit 80k on FTP... not saying he was/is good but he was profitable over 10k games
    Add iamthedeck ftw to Rail
  30. Real sorry to hear about this Tyson and others. You guys obv don't deserve this and hopefully recover some if not all of the money. glgl
    Add supra1988t to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 51 2 3 4