1. This is getting ridiculous. You can't play a tournament without getting disconnected 3 or more times. It happens to me, it happens to people I know and it's obvious it happens to people I'm playing against. What's the deal?

Here's another funny thing....you know what I do when I'm playing in a tournament for 3 or 4 hours. I take my notebook computer and leave the state; you know, just for fun. How about you work on your location detection software too.

888poker you're on notice.
    Add yambag to Rail
  2. I have problems with 888 over here in NZ too. There seems to be alot of issues at the moment. Just a couple I experience are: Every 15secs all the MTT's on the tournament lobby will disappear, then re-load and re-apear again. When i'm playing in MTT's and want to see the lobby for the game i'm playing in, it comes up blank most of the time. My country flag next to my name isn't even my flag - it's something I can't even make out.

Everything seems to be very hit or miss on there at the moment, with the majority of the time it being a miss and like you, I find it frustrating to the point that I don't wish to play there much anymore.
    Add SONICDAHEDGEHOG to Rail
  3. Must add that, i've found support for 888 to be weak and non-effective. Send an email, get an automated response saying they will get back to me within 24hrs and yet, it takes 3-4 days. Then when I do get a response, 9/10 times it doesn't answer my question or issue etc...and I then have to go through the whole process again, waiting another 3-4 days for another response.
    Add SONICDAHEDGEHOG to Rail
  4. The location issues are on your end. I don't have them.
    Add torubu to Rail
    Originally Posted by torubu View Post

The location issues are on your end. I don't have them.

Really? Oh well that settles it.

LOL, you're in the minority but thanks for your opinion.
    Thread StarterAdd yambag to Rail
    Originally Posted by yambag View Post

Really? Oh well that settles it.

LOL, you're in the minority but thanks for your opinion.

Actually, i have very little in the way of disconnects either. You might want to check your wireless/phone signals. There is also a PocketFives 888 rep that you can PM, I believe.

Add mikewebb68 to Rail
  7. cmon guys there are troubles on all the sites with connection issues. To just say to the guy hey its your fault not the 888 wesbite is ridiculous! Im sure he didnt take the time to make this post based only on his own disconect issues. He probably finally posted after constantly being booted and seeing others being booted. Like yesterday on wsop sunday all day there was connection issues.
    I havent played once yet on 888. I had a $4 bonus sign up and I registerd for a sit go $3 and fell asleep before it started since 2 hrs almost passed before it filled up and I forgot about it lol
    Add curiousgeorge77 to Rail
  8. The troubles being on his end doesn't mean they're his fault. The geolocation system is fickle and requires neighbors signals as well as your own. That is the root of many of the issues people have. That's a user end issue, and unless the DGE backs off on the policies or you strengthen your wifi reception it may take a whie.

I haven't had the issue so I haven't experimented but I'm wondering if setting up a mobile hot spot on a smart boom will assist the geolocation triangulation.
    Add torubu to Rail
    Originally Posted by mikewebb68 View Post

Actually, i have very little in the way of disconnects either. You might want to check your wireless/phone signals. There is also a PocketFives 888 rep that you can PM, I believe.

From tonight's festivities....(obviously just me though)

Dealer >> Player imayamsac has been reconnected, an additional 10 seconds has been added to him to make his decision
    scooper12 >> anyone else disconnecting?
    JT2unme >> yep it was them
    imayamsac >> yep standard on this c r a p site
    Ducks >> did anyone else disconnect/
    Ducks >> ?
    poolplayer99 >> yep
    JT2unme >> twice
    vincenzo >> everyone lol
    YOBASSMAN >> yep
    Thread StarterAdd yambag to Rail
    Originally Posted by yambag View Post

From tonight's festivities....(obviously just me though)

Dealer >> Player imayamsac has been reconnected, an additional 10 seconds has been added to him to make his decision
    scooper12 >> anyone else disconnecting?
    JT2unme >> yep it was them
    imayamsac >> yep standard on this c r a p site
    Ducks >> did anyone else disconnect/
    Ducks >> ?
    poolplayer99 >> yep
    JT2unme >> twice
    vincenzo >> everyone lol
    YOBASSMAN >> yep

clearly doctored
    Add random.chu to Rail
  11. ive only experienced disconnection issues once, in a year and a half playing @ 888. Got on the phone called em up (support numbers right in the client) , verified tournaments and was refunded.

Add P0LarAcE to Rail
    Originally Posted by P0LarAcE View Post

ive only experienced disconnection issues once, in a year and a half playing @ 888. Got on the phone called em up (support numbers right in the client) , verified tournaments and was refunded.

This is New Jersey-- a little different since you need to be geolocated frequently. Having said that, I have rarely been disconnected on 888 NJ.

Add mikewebb68 to Rail