[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I didn't see this posted anywhere on PocketFives, but hopefully this gets AP and UB players a little closer to getting paid back. It's been quite a long wait:

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...piracy-587028/

Add Dan to Rail
  2. If UB pay out their players before FTP, im def going to die a little bit inside.
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  3. Would still bet on FTP first. But feel your sentiments.

Scott Tom looks like he will not be prosecuted as well. If Beckley is getting 1 1/2 years by pleading guilty, wonder how much time Howard Lederer or Ray Bitar might get.

How long Beckley will spend behind bars remains to be seen. PokerNews published the following regarding his jail time: “By pleading guilty, Beckley accepted a plea deal that would see him go to prison for a year to a year-and-a-half, well below the maximum prison sentence of 30 years.” The Wall Street Journal also stated that Beckley would likely face a year-and-a-half behind bars “under a stipulated sentencing-guidelines range.”

Beckley was charged back in April with conspiracy to violate the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, violation of the UIGEA, operating an illegal gambling business, conspiracy to commit bank fraud and wire fraud, and money laundering conspiracy. Also indicted at Absolute Poker on Black Friday was co-founder Scott Tom, who does not appear to have been taken into custody.

Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Would still bet on FTP first. But feel your sentiments.

Scott Tom looks like he will not be prosecuted as well. If Beckley is getting 1 1/2 years by pleading guilty, wonder how much time Howard Lederer or Ray Bitar might get.

I also wonder whether Beckley coming forward will result in the other site founders doing the same thing.

Thread StarterAdd Dan to Rail
  5. From what I've been hearing around it seems that people will be paid significantly less than the full amount of what they're owed. I'm hearing under 25 cents on the dollar. It does seem like they're legitimately closing shop and getting what's left of their funds paid out soon

Add Adam to Rail
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post

From what I've been hearing around it seems that people will be paid significantly less than the full amount of what they're owed. I'm hearing under 25 cents on the dollar. It does seem like they're legitimately closing shop and getting what's left of their funds paid out soon

If your gonna sit there and spew out BS without siting a source or at least viable information of your source, I find it extremely rude and inconsiderate seeing as though peoples livelyhoods are at stake. Thats a huge percentage drop in what players should get and doesn't leave room for any hope! If you don't have any facts to back it up then keep it quiet. Otherwise it's all speculation or hear say and comes off quite distasteful.

Add bustindustin to Rail
    Originally Posted by bustindustin View Post

If your gonna sit there and spew out BS without siting a source or at least viable information of your source, I find it extremely rude and inconsiderate seeing as though peoples livelyhoods are at stake. Thats a huge percentage drop in what players should get and doesn't leave room for any hope! If you don't have any facts to back it up then keep it quiet. Otherwise it's all speculation or hear say and comes off quite distasteful.

Easy buddy, I wouldn't say something like this without it being from a reliable source. This isn't speculation or here say, it's word from multiple sources directly from the inside. I can't predict the future any more than you can, but this is what people within the UB/AP organization are saying will happen. I'm under no obligation to reveal my sources, and would never do so.

I think this is a pretty newsworthy item and worth talking about, even if it isn't what people want to hear.

Also want to add that I personally have a significant balance at stake on UB, so I can empathize as well as anyone with the situation.

Add Adam to Rail
  8. I'm pissed also but I'll save rant cuz this isn't the place or the cause. My Q is, what happened to the doj referring to us as "victims"? What happened to all the $, did they keep it for "fines" & legal fees or what? I'm sure I have less than most here tied up, but my ability to generate income was also effected & if it's m whole balance its a months rent for me, % mentioned above is a cell phone bill so I'd like to know also..?

Also is the it's planning on taxing the remaining 25%ish balance payout? Interesting Q..? I bet the greedy fucks do
    Add bwalz to Rail
  9. well in my case if this info becomes the fact i'm not going to waste my time to prove my bf bankwire approval never hit my bank[so not worth my effort], buh bye well over 1k ,which is chump change compared to so many others that i have heard amounts from...........{WISH I CHOSE RTR TO SEND ME MONEY VS. HAVE IT SENT TO AP/UB} THAT FEW HUNDY WOULDA BEEN WELCOMED}
    Edited By: double_kyan Dec 21st, 2011 at 09:35 AM
    Add double_kyan to Rail
    Originally Posted by bustindustin View Post

I disagree with you. I would rather Adam who is well connected let us know what the poker rumors than us be completely in the dark. I can also understand why at times sources will not be sited.

Thank you Adam for sharing.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  11. Here's our feature article with more information about AP and UB players potentially receiving 15 to 20 cents on the dollar:

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...Dollar-587032/

Thread StarterAdd Dan to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Here's our feature article with more information about AP and UB players potentially receiving 15 to 20 cents on the dollar:

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...Dollar-587032/

more than i honestly thought i was going to be getting
    Add MarkFSU1 to Rail
  13. I mean 20% is better than the nothing I expected from AP/UB if this is indeed true.

Add sanzard to Rail
  14. I hate that nobody seems to have a date for when this stuff is supposed to happen. Am I getting paid in the next 3 months or am I not going to see anything for another year or more. Also, theres no mention of how the process is going to work. Is it similiar to the way stars did it, is it going to be the way FTP will do it where we have to go through the US govt, or is there some other way UB is going to do it?
    Add MarkFSU1 to Rail
    Originally Posted by MarkFSU1 View Post

I hate that nobody seems to have a date for when this stuff is supposed to happen. Am I getting paid in the next 3 months or am I not going to see anything for another year or more. Also, theres no mention of how the process is going to work. Is it similiar to the way stars did it, is it going to be the way FTP will do it where we have to go through the US govt, or is there some other way UB is going to do it?

I don't think anyone really knows how FTP will do it, nor how UB/AP will do it. I'm not sure these companies themselves even know.

Add Adam to Rail
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post

I don't think anyone really knows how FTP will do it, nor how UB/AP will do it. I'm not sure these companies themselves even know.

ya i understand, and understand the companies dont know and that everything seems to hinge on the DOJ who seem to keep everything close the vest until they are 100% sure and then they pass on the info. its just tough as a player to plan ahead when youre not sure when youre getting paid, how much youre getting paid, or how youre getting paid.
    Add MarkFSU1 to Rail
  17. Yes I'm pissed too that I'm going to be losing over 1k by only getting ~15% on the dollar, but I'd be happy to be getting anything. Which made me think, wouldn't now be the perfect time for the US to legalize and regulate online poker?

Think about it. If they get a US based site up and running before UB/AP and FTP pay out, there will be tons of poker players getting money back that they never expected to have and would probably be willing to put it to work on a "safe" site.

I know it probably won't happen like that, but that just seems like such the obv and profitable move to me.
    Add JaySpo to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

I disagree with you. I would rather Adam who is well connected let us know what the poker rumors than us be completely in the dark. I can also understand why at times sources will not be sited.

Thank you Adam for sharing.

It was only credible after he responded to my post and explained at least how reliable his sources were. Now he didn't have to say his exact source but would be nice.

His response to me was even posted in the article of this news break. I still don't see why his speculation post was quoted lol.

O well, I can't say I'm "thrilled" about the news.... but at least I would have enough money for me and friends to fly out when he gets out of prison and hand him a 30k ass whoopin. With such a short sentence for doing what he did I believe he deserves some time in the hospital too!

Add bustindustin to Rail