[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. this no name stuff def effects sng players and regs who take alot of notes at higher limits, that being said i took alot of notes on stars and rarely saw familiar faces. i played micro/low limit mtts on stars last i played and there werent enough regs for it to matter. i dont think that having sns or not will effect my play at all. the only thing that bothers me is the collusion factor and not having pokerdb bc it was a good time killer and way to evaluate my game.
    Edited By: tb4rizzl Dec 1st, 2011 at 05:16 PM
    Add tb4rizzl to Rail
  2. I tried giving it a shot, but the new software update doesn't do the "Beep" noise when it's your turn to act. I greatly rely on that and simply couldn't play the bodog tournaments because every time I would look over I was sitting out. With all the merge tables, it was tough to watch the Bodog tournament without sitting out every other hand by accident.
    Add OhScissorMe to Rail
    Originally Posted by OhScissorMe View Post

I tried giving it a shot, but the new software update doesn't do the "Beep" noise when it's your turn to act. I greatly rely on that and simply couldn't play the bodog tournaments because every time I would look over I was sitting out. With all the merge tables, it was tough to watch the Bodog tournament without sitting out every other hand by accident.

Exactly, the want multitablers to struggle. Anyone confirm that they will be changing it back?
    Edited By: thebroooom Dec 1st, 2011 at 07:06 PM

Add thebroooom to Rail
  4. stupid how it doesnt show tourneys with late reg still open unless you uncheck show registering only. Guessing they will miss alot of entrants because of this.

The quick fold button seems to work about half of the time. Really irritating to check fold and start paying attention to other tables then look back and see youre timebanking with 93o when theres a raise and shove in front of you.
    Edited By: Counting Bodies Dec 1st, 2011 at 07:53 PM

Add Counting Bodies to Rail
  5. Okay I've read through some of these comments and am still having a problem with it lagging me out every hand. I uninstalled and reinstalled Bodog a couple times and that didn't fix it so I deleted anything that from my computer that seemed like it could be affecting Bodog and it's still messed up. Can't even stay in a game long enough to shove blind...

Add McNair0938 to Rail
  6. damnit......now my super nit/he always has it image is gone and my damn 10/3 hud# as well. Bluffs gonna get called down now lol.

seriously tho......this just stinks. Lotta good points about friendships/meta game stuff with regs and other players you have a ton of notes on.

Created some great friendships along the way meeting peeps and attaching the avatar to a face and very thankful to have met great people through this, but this move is really designed to filter out the working grinder. Bodog has NEVER catered to the reg and never will and very evident by all the things they have taken away or have not implemented.

They do not realize how fun the leader board was and the competition it inspired even to the noob fish or aspiring player. I remember when I first started learning poker I would just marvel at the guys/gals at the top and I was able to attach an avatar to their merits. I would always have to laugh when my son(then 7 and was into everything dad did) would peek at my table and say " ooooooo dad nevertilt22 or the maven or gotz or daisy or waters(and everyone else on the board for that matter) is at your table and you are gonna get owned!" I would just crack up when he could identify they players. We would often look at that leaderboard together. Just simple, meaningless fun shit that actually drove me. Often those avatars would have me just shitting in my pants because I knew they were great players, and I even remember folding bottom set to Parligod cuz his fuggin avatar scared the piss out of me lol. None of this happens with playing a #. You knew you were making strides by competing or defeating one of your heros.

Epic fail Blowdog

Obv the era of poker as we knew it has been flipped on its head and besides this bodog crap I really just miss the good ole days. Logging on to reg for a session, hearing that "ding" when you loaded up full tilt, having all the different sites up, seeing the names, competing etc.

Anyway....gotta get to my freakin job.

Peace

Add Pick6man to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Since its probably mostly regs playing that, I won't be surprised if that tournament goes away or becomes a 10k pretty soon. Seems like a lot of pissed of bodog players ITT. Enjoy your short-term gains of sharks going away, before you have too small of a poker room.

highly doubt they ever get rid of the 100k. thats the one tourney they havnt fucked with through the years. it was a 100k when they had a 50k every night and multiple 10ks a day, and it was a 100k when they had one tourney over 5k a night. Its mostly sports bettors that play that tourney

Add quietwinner to Rail
    Originally Posted by KingTriton View Post

lmao.

I'm having a huge lag problem right now. Busted the rebuy during rebuy period because of it, and just blinding out of everything else.

Same, here. With merge tourneys up as well I can't even tell when it is my turn and it hurts my brain and soul to frantically search for what seat I am in if I haven't timed out yet. I had never had a problem with bodog before, and was very pleased with their support as well as their cashouts. This software update is just silly tho and I will be boycotting the site(except for the 100k obvieeeee)
    Add tcrames88 to Rail
    Originally Posted by quietwinner View Post

highly doubt they ever get rid of the 100k. thats the one tourney they havnt fucked with through the years. it was a 100k when they had a 50k every night and multiple 10ks a day, and it was a 100k when they had one tourney over 5k a night. Its mostly sports bettors that play that tourney

I stand corrected. :) GL to you and glad the update benefits at least a small portion of the community.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pick6man View Post

damnit......now my super nit/he always has it image is gone and my damn 10/3 hud# as well. Bluffs gonna get called down now lol.

seriously tho......this just stinks. Lotta good points about friendships/meta game stuff with regs and other players you have a ton of notes on.

Created some great friendships along the way meeting peeps and attaching the avatar to a face and very thankful to have met great people through this, but this move is really designed to filter out the working grinder. Bodog has NEVER catered to the reg and never will and very evident by all the things they have taken away or have not implemented.

They do not realize how fun the leader board was and the competition it inspired even to the noob fish or aspiring player. I remember when I first started learning poker I would just marvel at the guys/gals at the top and I was able to attach an avatar to their merits. I would always have to laugh when my son(then 7 and was into everything dad did) would peek at my table and say " ooooooo dad nevertilt22 or the maven or gotz or daisy or waters(and everyone else on the board for that matter) is at your table and you are gonna get owned!" I would just crack up when he could identify they players. We would often look at that leaderboard together. Just simple, meaningless fun shit that actually drove me. Often those avatars would have me just shitting in my pants because I knew they were great players, and I even remember folding bottom set to Parligod cuz his fuggin avatar scared the piss out of me lol. None of this happens with playing a #. You knew you were making strides by competing or defeating one of your heros.

Epic fail Blowdog

Obv the era of poker as we knew it has been flipped on its head and besides this bodog crap I really just miss the good ole days. Logging on to reg for a session, hearing that "ding" when you loaded up full tilt, having all the different sites up, seeing the names, competing etc.

Anyway....gotta get to my freakin job.

Peace

Damn, yes i miss the FTP DING too, this is my first winter with no real poker to speak of....and it just got worse....
    Add jackal454 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pick6man View Post

I even remember folding bottom set to Parligod cuz his fuggin avatar scared the piss out of me lol.

Biggest fail ITT :-P

Add bonflizubi to Rail
    Originally Posted by bonflizubi View Post

Biggest fail ITT :-P

hahahahaha!!!! no doubt!
    I'm gonna miss that freakin pug in da pink sweater avatar!

Add Pick6man to Rail
  13. I definitely think the s/w is an improvement. The racetrack theme is decent.

Now, Bodogs to do list:

Tolerable sounds, or at the very least, the ability (like in the old s/w) to make it "Alerts only"
    SCREEN NAMES! I have a name yo, its not "player 0046"

I have to say though, fucking with people in chat is kind of funny.

Didn't see if anyone posted this, but if you have something written in the chat box, and action goes on you, your text gets wiped out. blast.. edit: apparently also if a new hand is dealt?
    Edited By: selder1 Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Add selder1 to Rail
  14. Welp, i called support to tell them my thoughts on the new anonymous format. The guy i talked to made it sound even if they received alot of complaints and lost alot of players they had pretty much decided this was the direction they were going and weren't going to change anything. Sigh it just seems like such a lose lose situation for players and bodog alike.

With anonymous chat i think i might start taking my rage for bodog out on the other players WITH A ZACKATTAK ESQ RANT ALL IN CAPS WHEN THINGS GO POORLY FOR ME
    Edited By: Counting Bodies Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Add Counting Bodies to Rail
  15. I just called Bodog and talked to customer service for 10 minutes, I couldn't get through to the poker department cause too many people are calling to complain right now but they are going to call me back any time now they say. The customer service guy said that they were getting complaints daily from regulars on the site about collusion and that is why they made everyone anonymous (even though that seems like it will make collusion 100X worse). The reason I called was cause Bodog has been lagging so bad that I can't even play a hand but he told me that he hasn't received any lag complaints at all, and he told me that none of these problems will be fixed in the near future because they are solutions, not problems. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's time to say goodbye to my old friend Bodog unless they fix this stuff soon and quit acting like everything they are doing is in MY best interest when I hate pretty much every decision they've made over the last 3 years. Damnity-Damn-Damn-Damn you Bodog.

Add McNair0938 to Rail
  16. i havent been on P5s in a long time but figured there would be a lengthy thread on this...bodog was basically my home since black friday but i can say with 100 % certainty i WILL NOT be playing here again until they change things back to the way they were...i played a short session last night just to try it out and its absolutely redic. what they did to what was a decent site given our post BF options...was nice being able to press "cashout" and recieve it within 10 days but these cahnges are absolutely retarded..i emailed them and also called like im sure a bunch of others did, but besides that i really dont know what to do except withdraw my funds and hopefully enough others do until they get the point....GG bodog
    Add soggyvag2 to Rail
    Originally Posted by McNair0938 View Post

I just called Bodog and talked to customer service for 10 minutes, I couldn't get through to the poker department cause too many people are calling to complain right now but they are going to call me back any time now they say. The customer service guy said that they were getting complaints daily from regulars on the site about collusion and that is why they made everyone anonymous (even though that seems like it will make collusion 100X worse). The reason I called was cause Bodog has been lagging so bad that I can't even play a hand but he told me that he hasn't received any lag complaints at all, and he told me that none of these problems will be fixed in the near future because they are solutions, not problems. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's time to say goodbye to my old friend Bodog unless they fix this stuff soon and quit acting like everything they are doing is in MY best interest when I hate pretty much every decision they've made over the last 3 years. Damnity-Damn-Damn-Damn you Bodog.

EXACTLY the same response i got from cust service, she had a sheet she kept reading off saying how this was so much better for me, just drink the kool aid etc. They are not(and i suspect will not) listening to us as customers. So i guess its time to either deal with the crappy software or pull my $$ off.
    There is a post from bodog on their facebook page too. Everyone should go there and post your comments, be sure to read the linked article from their pompus manager calling us(in the forums) PREDATORS.

what a joke bodog has become
    Add jackal454 to Rail
  18. well i officially cashed out my roll on bodog and am playing my very last tourny on there until they get their shit together. If you want to rail the last thing i play check out player *80* in the 3k Turbo SS 30+3. Goodbye my fellow bodogers...
    Add UNeed2Learn to Rail
  19. Is anyone else having to close and reopen each table after every flop, turn, river, and new hand?

Add McNair0938 to Rail
  20. Okay so the no names are here to stay, I hate it and it sucks but fine but for god's sake fix all the little bugs. Tables don't pop to the front right and WE NEED A LOUD BEEP when it's our turn to act and please allow preferred seat, I hate having to find myself in MTTs the way you get moved around. If you're going to allow us to 20 table MTTs then the pop to front, loud beep and preferred seat is a must!

Doubt I'd ever make Bodog my primary site for poker but if the above things are fixed I might play some MTTs there.
    Edited By: DiamondDixie Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Add DiamondDixie to Rail
  21. Bodog poker staff: BUT IT IS INCREDIBLY COOL AND GOOD LOOKING!!

Add Albert Chuns to Rail
    Originally Posted by McNair0938 View Post

Is anyone else having to close and reopen each table after every flop, turn, river, and new hand?

yup completely unplayable again for me today after same thing last night. I emailed them last night asking for a refund and they gave it to me as a tourney ticket. about to do the same again. they said to close the client then reopen it. I've dont that, several times, but every time i get to play exactly one hand when it reopens and then it goes back to nonsense lag.

Add paz5050 to Rail
    Originally Posted by UNeed2Learn View Post

well i officially cashed out my roll on bodog and am playing my very last tourny on there until they get their shit together. If you want to rail the last thing i play check out player *80* in the 3k Turbo SS 30+3. Goodbye my fellow bodogers...

3/9... of course i would FT the last one i play
    Add UNeed2Learn to Rail

glgl sir!railing!

Add Albert Chuns to Rail

3rd....$374.20
    Add UNeed2Learn to Rail
  26. GG sir

Add Albert Chuns to Rail
  27. The King of the Felt HU Final is tonite at 7:50. I'm gonna sweat it, but I'm not sure who to take. I mean, Player 0001 is obv a phenominal player, but Player 0002 might have a couple of tricks up his sleeve.

Add Nate Avenson to Rail
  28. gg UN2L!! Hope to see you back when things get better...Oh crap! I'm autofolding in all my tourneys!

lol nate, I saw that king of the felt thing and chuckled when i saw player 1 vs player 2. Such skittles.

Add iLLNuGWichee to Rail
  29. I am just glad I do not play Bodog. What a joke! Maybe Merge will grow bigger???
    Add fasteddee74 to Rail
  30. I would love to play, but it lags sooooooo bad i can't. FUCK

PLEASE BodogBecky fix the lag issues...it is unplayable for some of us.
    Edited By: FLUSH634 Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:19 AM
    Add FLUSH634 to Rail