[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Multi-Entry Tournaments allow you to register for the same tournament numerous times, meaning you can “multi-table” a single tournament!

Each of your entries in a Multi-Entry Tournament will have its own chip stack and be dealt its own hand. You can register multiple entries at the same time, or use additional entries as a “second chance” if your first entry is eliminated from the tournament in the early stages of play.

Your entries will always be seated at different tables, and if you have more entries than there are tables left in the tournament, two of your entries will be “merged” into one.

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/multi-entry-tournaments
    Add JackBlack to Rail
  2. I'm trying my first one in a few minutes..... Full Tilt always something new and crazy...
    Add Late_Nite to Rail
  3. How about improving the joke of a VIP system befor adding more gimmicks.
    Add danimal703 to Rail
  4. http://www.pocketfives.com/f7/todays-ftp-update-615409/

Would merge, but it would put JB's post ahead of FTPDoug because he posted a few seconds before him ;)
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  5. wait what if u final table the same tourney twice?

nvm i see the merge stacks thing, seems sick
    Add Gettin Daize to Rail
    Originally Posted by Gettin Daize View Post

wait what if u final table the same tourney twice?

Once you have more entries than there are tables left (like 3 entries still, 2 tables), your stacks get "merged".

I am still trying to figure out how payouts would work then, though. If there are 19 people left and you had 3 entries left, and once you got down to 18 players and two of your stacks merged, would you get the 18th place money?
    Edited By: Pghfan987 Jan 11th, 2011 at 01:44 PM
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
  7. yea wondering same thing seems like that could b a problem lol

seems dumb to enter the tourney 4 times when the best u could do on 3 entries is get 10th
    Add Gettin Daize to Rail
  8. hopefully PT or HEM wont need an update for this. let see.

they should remove the merge clause and if u get moved to ur own table let u play two seats.

Add hussainsajwani to Rail
  9. FTP trying to combat MA-ing? LOL. Silly stuff.
    Add Flopnuts1 to Rail
  10. dislike!

Add SonOfTone to Rail
    Originally Posted by SonOfTone View Post

dislike!

Exactly what I was thinking. I like the ideas of 2x chance or even if everytime you bust during late reg. you can get back in, but multiple entries sounds lame
    Add clantaztic to Rail
  12. way to gimmicky....with rush and now this yikes i just wanna play some regular tourneys. the idea is cool until u start having ur stacks combine/and u get icm for 1 and then where ur deep in the tourney suddently it becomes like a "cashout" tourney where people can put more pressure on 1 of ur accounts to advance threw and u cant just play a regular freezeout anymore.

there planning on doing this with all there regular schedules tourneys ?

this is a terrrible terrrible thing for the hsmtt economy (well the 1s of us that arent good enough to 4 table 1ks,109rs)
    Add jalman1 to Rail
  13. I posted something similar in the other thread by here are my thoughts....

FTOPs and high buy-in mtts are going to get a LOT tougher.

Most random fish will not be able to afford multiple entries, but all of the HS pro's will be in it 4x. The pro to fish ratio will be very skewed.

Also a lot of low-mid-stakes grinders will feel they are at a disadvantage since the fields will be filled w/ more HS guys and they don't have the bankroll to buy-in for the max amount of entries - thus losing ev.

This is poorly thought out and FTP is just doing this to generate more rake. The only way to pull off a multiple entry tournament is to have a single buy-in give you 4 entries. Anything else and the fields get much tougher. Think about it guys...
    Add apology7 to Rail
    Originally Posted by apology7 View Post

I posted something similar in the other thread by here are my thoughts....

Most random fish will not be able to afford multiple entries, but all of the HS pro's will be in it 4x. The pro to fish ratio will be very skewed.

Also a lot of low-mid-stakes grinders will feel they are at a disadvantage since the fields will be filled w/ more HS guys and they don't have the bankroll to buy-in for the max amount of entries - thus losing ev.

This is poorly thought out and FTP is just doing this to generate more rake. The only way to pull off a multiple entry tournament is to have a single buy-in give you 4 entries. Anything else and the fields get much tougher. Think about it guys...

regs suck
    Add rock3656 to Rail
  15. it's not like every tournament is like this...chill.
    Add sXeffects to Rail
    Originally Posted by apology7 View Post

I posted something similar in the other thread by here are my thoughts....

I was thinking the same thing... They are just in it to make more money. And if they think that will stop multiaccounters they are dead wrong. Now instead of having 4 multi-ac entries in they will have 16 entries... wooohoooo. GL to us all

Add PkrMaster_21 to Rail
    Originally Posted by sXeffects View Post

it's not like every tournament is like this...chill.

yeah, just the best ones...

Add Josek to Rail
  18. coming from someone who hates this idea...it clearly can work in huge fields and the only hsmtts fields that are big enough to support such a thing are only on sundays. just do it brawl/750k/mulligan/150r/150k/109r turbo and dont entirely kill all the equity the other 6 days of the week
    Add jalman1 to Rail
  19. I think that they should change payouts for these tournaments. Looked at lobby of the 1st one which is $1 and if u min cash u get $2.25. I think it should be $4 for a min cash since u can have 4 entries that way u get all of your money back when u cash with at least 1 entry.
    Add whitechoclate to Rail
    Originally Posted by jalman1 View Post

coming from someone who hates this idea...it clearly can work in huge fields and the only hsmtts fields that are big enough to support such a thing are only on sundays. just do it brawl/750k/mulligan/150r/150k/109r turbo and dont entirely kill all the equity the other 6 days of the week

just dont do it to 750k... its the best donkament of the week because theres a loooooot 5$ av BI players who sattie into it. there will still be a lot of them, but with 5 times more top players its EV will drop drastically....

Add Josek to Rail
    Originally Posted by sXeffects View Post

it's not like every tournament is like this...chill.

I know. I just kind of think they killed this upcoming FTOPS by having way too many of these (kind of like when they had a zillion rush mtts). I do think double guarantee week will be amazing though.
    Add apology7 to Rail
  22. for tax and accounting reasons should each entry be treated as an entry or should this be treated like a rebuy and say 6 entries into a 10$ is 60 bucks or 6 different 10 dollar entries?
    Add clantaztic to Rail
  23. I feel the pros and other good regs are going to have a massive edge with this, they are obv. going to buy in for max entries in the big events (ftops etc). On the other hand it's obv a huge blow to the BR if all ur entries end up out of the monies.

I know a lot of discussion has happened in the FTP upgrade thread, however I'm not too bothered about the reactions, cos now it's there so we're gonna have to deal with it;)

I'd like to know:
    Are we gonna see some new strategies around this now? You obv. have to make up ur mind before the reg as to how many entries you wanna play, it's not a rebuy.

Say I have 4 entries, should I be using 2 to be super aggro and accumulate or bust and ther other 2 to be super tight...LOL.....just something that many could end up doing.....

Have many guys tried this out and how did you find it, any experience sharing appreciated...
    Edited By: aniceboy Jan 12th, 2011 at 06:11 AM
    Add aniceboy to Rail
  24. http://www.pocketfives.com/f7/new-mt...y-mtts-119658/

bfactor should get some compensation IMO
    Add s1nnr to Rail
  25. if FTOPS pays out like this?!? I'm all for keeping it. I will reg & satty max units FTP and CO.

211195370 Jan 11, 14:41 ET $1 + $0.10 Tournament $1.00 + $0.10 5,000 341 $5

211195370 Jan 11, 14:41 ET $1 + $0.10 Tournament $1.00 + $0.10 5,000 860 $2.50

211195370 Jan 11, 14:41 ET $1 + $0.10 Tournament $1.00 + $0.10 5,000 2,245 $2.50

211195370 Jan 11, 14:41 ET $1 + $0.10 Tournament $1.00 + $0.10 5,000 4,002 $2.50
    Add just-jOHnny to Rail
  26. in case you can not see it. i was paid for all 4 entries and only cashed one. is this standard or did i miss a known bug?
    Add just-jOHnny to Rail
    Originally Posted by s1nnr View Post

http://www.pocketfives.com/f7/new-mt...y-mtts-119658/

bfactor should get some compensation IMO

Nice job me.

::pats self on back for being a sick-visionary etc, and then masturbates to self in floor length bedroom mirror etc::
    Add bfactor to Rail
  28. Doesn't really generate more rake from me personally (and I'm sure others) because if I play the same tourney with four screens, I'll probably end up skipping some of the other ones.

But ya, it makes tournaments much tougher, and and advantage to regs with more money, and the fish will go broke faster with more regs at there table. Seems like a terrible idea.

Add DeMaci to Rail
  29. Don't know if there is a thread on this or not, but what does everyone think of the new multi-entry tournies on ftp?
    Add gm1885 to Rail
  30. You advertise double guarantees week, and I'm sure everyone was very happy about this, (as was I), but then I look at the schedule for next week and everything is multi-entry tournies? Talk about a let down.

You guys are awful. From your terrible customer support, to your month+ long withdrawals, to your shitty servers, and now trying to change everything about poker. You guys need to stop trying to think of new ways to play the game and first provide a reliable network to play it the original way.

/rant
    Add P0KERDUUDE to Rail