1. Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone had advice for the quickest way to get money on pokerstars after relocating. I am moving to Canada next week and I wanted to deposit 5 or 10k. I looked at money bookers and the limits were too small when you first open an account. Thanks for any help. Ps I can't wait to start clicking buttons again.
    Add P0KERPR033 to Rail
  2. Moving next week myself, so haven't done it yet, but I've heard moneybookers will work with your limits and get them up immediately if you tell them your a US poker player relocating.
    Add Keystone to Rail
  3. stars also has moneybookers limits. Mine are kinda low, but I imagine this can be changed as well.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  4. main thing you will need for stars are some sort of utility/cable/other bill to show you actually live in canada

also im not sure about bank accounts, but just coming to canada, opening an account with 10k then immediately shipping that 10k to moneybookers might be a hassle from the bank? i have no idea if thats true but its something id ask about
    Edited By: NG3434 Dec 30th, 2011 at 07:15 PM

Add NG3434 to Rail
    Originally Posted by NG3434 View Post

main thing you will need for stars are some sort of utility/cable/other bill to show you actually live in canada

also im not sure about bank accounts, but just coming to canada, opening an account with 10k then immediately shipping that 10k to moneybookers might be a hassle from the bank? i have no idea if thats true but its something id ask about

what if im moving in with a few friends of mine, who have already got the place n set up all the utilities in their name? Can I just go with my friend n the rental agreement to set up my bank acct?
    Add pokerproplaya08 to Rail
    Originally Posted by pokerproplaya08 View Post

what if im moving in with a few friends of mine, who have already got the place n set up all the utilities in their name? Can I just go with my friend n the rental agreement to set up my bank acct?

I dont know all the rules but pokerstars will need some sort of proof, a canadian bank account i think works too

Add NG3434 to Rail
  7. Hi James, if you are moving to Canada you can open a bank account in virtually minutes. I recommend you call and make an appointment before you go in. The account should be open automatically so you can wire transfer money in person at the bank. I don't see why transferring anything under $10k would be an issue. Of course, you need to have your pokerstars account re-opened before you put money online, which is a different topic and takes a few days to accomplish.

Re: Moneybookers Limits: First of all, there are some easy ways to up your limits immediately such as verifying your address or bank account from your Moneybookers account online, or, by linking an international credit card to your account. Your limits will increase automatically at each step and should reach up to $7k or so but this seems to vary depending on person/country/currency.

Higher Limits: You can get VIP status for clearing ~$35k every 90 days using documents similar to those needed for reopening your poker accounts; address verification, etc, just ask them.

Unlimited Moneybookers Clearance: This is also possible but there are a few requirements for this that could take a few days. They require:

1.Certified passport (by authority in country of residence)
    2.Certified Address Verification (by authority in country of residence)
    3.Residence permit to remain in country of residence (if this is not possible, an explanation of why)

Certification MUST be done by authorities such as a Registered Notary/Embassy/ High Commission or Consulate or local municipality official/ a local police department. NORMAL COPY OF DOCUMENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED

I have successfully helped my relocation clients achieve VIP and Unlimited status this way. If you are living with someone else where your name is not on the lease or utility bills, this gets more complicated.

If you have any other questions you can PM me or email pokerrefugees@pocketfives.com or visit Poker Refugees.

Originally Posted by pokerproplaya08 View Post

Depends which country you are in. For example, if you are in Canada, you only need a passport and drivers license in order to open a bank account. If you are in Costa Rica, you need a lease in your name in addition to other documents.
    Add KristinPokerRefugees to Rail
  8. Thanks for all the replies especially, Kristin for the detailed response which summed up everything you need to know. Happy new year to all!
    Thread StarterAdd P0KERPR033 to Rail
  9. fwiw, you'll have to email stars to get your mbookers limits (depositing) up, i think when you start its like 1500/24 hrs or something absurd
    Add FenwayKing to Rail
    Originally Posted by P0KERPR033 View Post

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone had advice for the quickest way to get money on pokerstars after relocating. I am moving to Canada next week and I wanted to deposit 5 or 10k. I looked at money bookers and the limits were too small when you first open an account. Thanks for any help. Ps I can't wait to start clicking buttons again.

I'm sure the rest of the poker world will be 'thrilled' to see that ur back in action! :}
    Add RANDYPET to Rail
  11. You're welcome gl to all!
    Add KristinPokerRefugees to Rail