[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Wonder if Howard has contacted the P5's "Refugee" people to
    see if they can find him a location without extradition laws?
    What's sad is,,,you can't even trust Jesus anymore when it
    comes to $$$$
    Edited By: DeaconMike Sep 20th, 2011 at 06:54 PM
  2. I just don't understand how people who are intelligent enough to pull off a Ponzi scheme for an extended period of time are not intelligent enough to understand that they WILL get caught at some point. A Ponzi scheme is destined to collapse at some point and the larger the scheme is the more attention it has on it which increases the odds of it getting noticed even more. If you do the crime then you deserve the time and I hope that if these possible criminals are found guilty that they get every minute that they deserve.
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

obv. unbiased opinion

dude I don't give a fuck about FTP... I want my money like everyone else. what did I say that wasn't true?

this is just as much the fault of the government as it is FTP. if they didn't target FTP and shut them down, players would still be getting paid. I wouldn't have hundreds of friends with millions of dollars locked up. go USA go!

Originally Posted by jalman1 View Post

we were playing with money that never existed. they were accepting deposits and the funds were never there. they were paying out investors with our money. am i blaming the us government for some of this of course. am i blaming the top people of ftp fk yeah.

the us government just stopped a sinking ship and im out some mid 5 figure amount cuz of it

because they shut down their payment processors and seized funds in them. then FTP took 130m in deposits they were going to debit from accounts later (stupid, but necessary to stay in business at the time). of course it's both their fault, NEVER EVER said FTP was not at fault as well.

the government is CLEARLY the catalyst tho.

why are ppl so angry with FTP, but not the DOJ? makes no fucking sense. fuck em both.
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Sep 20th, 2011 at 08:07 PM
  4. fwiw i agree w/ waco and dyz. that is, unless they were required per their license to hold deposits in a segregated account (which i think they weren't).
  5. True or False

Full Tilt Poker operated under the agreement it had with its regulators requiring all players money in play to be backed by cash
    Originally Posted by Khaozmayhem View Post

I just don't understand how people who are intelligent enough to pull off a Ponzi scheme for an extended period of time are not intelligent enough to understand that they WILL get caught at some point. A Ponzi scheme is destined to collapse at some point and the larger the scheme is the more attention it has on it which increases the odds of it getting noticed even more. If you do the crime then you deserve the time and I hope that if these possible criminals are found guilty that they get every minute that they deserve.

Very true, and it makes you wonder how long this game could have gone on had black friday not happened. Obviously it would collapse at some point, but these schemes can go on for years.

Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

. did they set out to steal player's funds and not be able to pay cash-outs? hell no. without government intervention, you can be sure that FTP is still running right now and is paying out all their players.

did they set out (in the beginning) to do this? prolly not..is this what the greeeeeeeedy motherfuckers did when they saw what a goldmine this was being UNREGULATED? HELL FUCKN YESSSSSSS! Liars, cheats and thieves every last one of them!
  8. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  9. my order of blame goes like this.

FTP AGCC DOJ then me for keeping over 20k on that fucking site. the AGCC should be shut down if FTP fails to pay us back imo.

Originally Posted by MUPokerPlayer View Post

fwiw i agree w/ waco and dyz. that is, unless they were required per their license to hold deposits in a segregated account (which i think they weren't).

This too. If they ever claimed to hold the accounts separate from their operating accounts then they did committ fraud. Just don't forget though that our government "allows" banks to operate in just this manner.
    Originally Posted by odi420 View Post

did they set out (in the beginning) to do this? prolly not..is this what the greeeeeeeedy motherfuckers did when they saw what a goldmine this was being UNREGULATED? HELL FUCKN YESSSSSSS! Liars, cheats and thieves every last one of them!

rational post full of facts. nice contribution.
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

How is it funny? Explain to me how this situation is funny in one bit? Do you even have any money on Full Tilt?

No wonder everyone dislikes you here...
    Originally Posted by just-jOHnny View Post

fyp

LoLz thanks!
  14. I'm sure the Alderny Gaming Commission, who is looking out for the best interest of the players, would have stopped them in the next few years...

dude I don't give a fuck about FTP... I want my money like everyone else. what did I say that wasn't true?

this is just as much the fault of the government as it is FTP. if they didn't target FTP and shut them down, players would still be getting paid. I wouldn't have hundreds of friends with millions of dollars locked up. go USA go!

IGNORANCE IS bliss amiright?

lol@ blaming the government...did u read? these fulltilt pieces of trash were drawing player funds directly into their fucking bank accounts. Your money wasn't even there, just an imaginary number on a fucking screen. Took like 3 months to cashout 5k for me like a year ago, but bitar and howard were getting millions whenever they wanted. The government shut down a criminal fucking orginization ran by a bunch of scumbag degenerate gamblers...get real. Eventually this would have blown up in their faces regardless of gov't intervention. That's what happens to ponzai schemes(sp)...Meanwhile pokerstars wired me my 3 grand after 3 weeks...they got the same government sanctions as fucktiltpoker.

Originally Posted by odi420 View Post

+150m
    Edited By: AMARTIN1181 Sep 20th, 2011 at 07:07 PM
  16. I mean....It'd be different if there was more than 20% of the money still available. I don't understand why you are defending FTP so much, and laying all the blame on the government. Pokerstars had the EXACT same thing happen to them, and they are still the world leading online site. The reason for this is because Pokerstars was not ran by Americans. Americans are so greedy it makes me sick to my stomach.

I mean I can see pocketing some cash off the top, but FFS once you keep going to the well it would seem like eventually someone would speak up and say, look we are under 100 million and we owe over 400 million, we should probably quit being greedy for awhile until we get back up to 50% of what is owed.

why are ppl so angry with FTP, but not the DOJ? makes no fucking sense. fuck em both.

Because PokerStars paid people in a few days while Full Tilt has lied for months.
  18. Wait, so people are saying that FTP never actually said they had to have your money in reserve and those same people still put their money on there.

Yikes
    Originally Posted by stackinsideways View Post

this post might have been in defense of the 10k tourny post but. lets not give them too much credit for being able to cover the small amount of people that were actually taking money off that site.

if real grinders like me who had large amounts on that site decided to all pull out at once they would have faced the same problems.

I wouldnt feel guilty if I were you at all tho. I dont hold you or any other of the pros like you that werent making decisions accountable for even 1 penny of the 20+k I am without

EXACTLY...so they could process a few cashouts pre black friday?? do you honestly believe they could have paid everyone out if for some odd reason every1 decided to cashout at the same time. Bitar says in his insider emails that they couldn't even payout 5m after april 15th...lol.
    Originally Posted by GUESSWHOO View Post

No wonder everyone dislikes you here...

Do you really think I care about your opinion or what people think about me noob? I just want everyone to get paid and this article scares me some.

21. All this time ftp has been stalling so the ones with the money can come up with a get away plan.They had no intentions of ever paying players back,If so they stole enough to cover there debt and save face months ago.
  22. lol @ me defending FTP. never did that once, in fact I said they were poorly run.

blaming the government as well as FTP = defending FTP. got it.

fact is, everyone was getting paid until the government blew them up. everyone. that's not a ponzi scheme. it only became a ponzi scheme when the government shut down their processors and seized money.

were they operating with less cash than they should have been, and paying out the owners more than they should have been? yes and yes. would they have been able to continue making money and paying out their players if our government didn't shut them down? yes.

jeez. FTP is scum. government is scum. don't know what else to say. I just don't understand why all the outrage is focused on FTP and I wish more of the outrage was focused on the DOJ.
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Sep 20th, 2011 at 07:12 PM
  23. Meh. I shouldn't be surprised at the responses. I watch a lot of ponzi scheme stories on CNBC and the biggest thing you hear from the victims is......If the government didn't step in I would have got my money back.

under waco's delusional response bernie madoff wasn't a ponzi scheme because people were still being paid back when he was arrested
    Edited By: dolphin13 Sep 20th, 2011 at 07:13 PM

fact is, everyone was getting paid until the government blew them up. everyone. that's not a ponzi scheme. it only became a ponzi scheme when the government shut down their processors and seized money.

this is not a fact...i have a friend who was waiting on them cashing him out 5k a month because they restricted his cashouts. He still has over 100k from an ftops score because they weren't processing his cashouts PRE black friday.
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

Do you really think I care about your opinion or what people think about me noob? I just want everyone to get paid and this article scares me some.

Your such a tool bag.. nothing positive to say here. Moving along now...
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

this is not a fact...i have a friend who was waiting on them cashing him out 5k a month because they restricted his cashouts. He still has over 100k from an ftops score because they weren't processing his cashouts PRE black friday.

because. the. government. shut. the. processors. down.

this happened almost a year before BF... they seized money and then FTP took 130M in deposits with no way to debit them from bank accounts

Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

under waco's delusional response bernie madoff wasn't a ponzi scheme because people were still being paid back when he was arrested

everyone was being paid by Madoff when they requested it? wut. more like he was giving SOME money here and there to cover his scheme... pretty different that processing cashouts to everyone that requests one.

I simply cannot believe ppl don't see how fucked up the DOJ is in all of this...
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Sep 20th, 2011 at 08:08 PM
  27. It was a ponzi scheme, but it was allowed by their "regulators". Just like banks.

But I'd bet the regulators didn't always know how little of the players deposits they had on hand.
  28. I AM NOT DEFENDING FULL TILT. I AM SLAMMING THE GOVERNMENT. bout to red X this bitch, so much rage in here.

dolphin, did you even have money on FTP? I have thousands on there... it would be mine if the government did not decide playing poker in our own homes was illegal. standard.
    Edited By: TheWacoKidd Sep 20th, 2011 at 07:18 PM
  29. [QUOTE=AMARTIN1181;6514396]IGNORANCE IS bliss amiright?

lol@ blaming the government...did u read? these fulltilt pieces of trash were drawing player funds directly into their fucking bank accounts. Your money wasn't even there, just an imaginary number on a fucking screen. Took like 3 months to cashout 5k for me like a year ago, but bitar and howard were getting millions whenever they wanted. The government shut down a criminal fucking orginization ran by a bunch of scumbag degenerate gamblers...get real. Eventually this would have blown up in their faces regardless of gov't intervention. That's what happens to ponzai schemes(sp)...Meanwhile pokerstars wired me my 3 grand after 3 weeks...they got the same government sanctions as fucktiltpoker.

bahaha good one
    Originally Posted by GUESSWHOO View Post

All this time ftp has been stalling so the ones with the money can come up with a get away plan.They had no intentions of ever paying players back,If so they stole enough to cover there debt and save face months ago.

What seems funny to me about this is that if they did in fact steal money from the players then they would have stolen money from a very large player base representing MANY countries from all over the globe. Where were they planning to get away too? Some remote country that doesn't have internet and therefor no online poker players that they could have potentially stolen from? LOL