1. this is great news...

also, fuck that guy.
    Add Ozzie to Rail
  2. He voluntarily came back to the US and surrendered. The US Gov could not extradite him for these charges from Ireland. So if his lawyers advised that he take this route, I guarantee he is doing it for some sort of motive unbeknownst to us. If he serves more than 1 year, let alone goes to jail at all, I will be shocked.

Add donkiman to Rail
  3. I don't see how Stars will pay off the players owed, FTP doesn't have nearly the cash to cover it. And realistically what assets does FTP even have left? The entire playerbase has taken off.
    Add fozziethebear to Rail
  4. The US DOJ outlines what allegedly went down at Full Tilt Poker following Black Friday. Among the highlights is that Ray Bitar and Nelson Burtnick allegedly continued to draw salaries and the available cash was being divided ‘back and forth’ between ‘must pay invoices’ and ‘withdrawals’: www.pocketfives.com/articles/u-s-doj-outlines-lies-prevent-full-tilt-scheme-being-discovered-587514/

Add Dan to Rail
    Originally Posted by fozziethebear View Post

I don't see how Stars will pay off the players owed, FTP doesn't have nearly the cash to cover it. And realistically what assets does FTP even have left? The entire playerbase has taken off.

The software alone is quite valuable; especially once the US market does open up, any of the big boys would love to get their hands on the software, so PS can just sell it alone. My guess is Pokerstars primary reason for acquiring full tilt (assuming they are still) isn't for the assets, but rather a negotiation tactic with the DOJ. I'm sure Asai would love to travel and go see his family or whatever without fear of extradition to the U.S. and of course not do any jail time. If it takes paying out everybody for Full Tilt's debacle, might as well attain the software yourself.
    Edited By: scottypimpin1 Jul 4th, 2012 at 01:43 AM
    Add scottypimpin1 to Rail
  6. REFUND TIME!!!!! Is it unreasonable to think we might get DEPOSITS made on full tilt refunded before we would get the total amount of money currently in ur account?
    Add perky264 to Rail
    Originally Posted by perky264 View Post

REFUND TIME!!!!! Is it unreasonable to think we might get DEPOSITS made on full tilt refunded before we would get the total amount of money currently in ur account?

You'll get one or the other not both.
    Add C_Bomb to Rail
  8. I wish that this meant this guy was going to "serve his sentence", but I doubt he does any sort of majoy time behind bars. What a d bag.
    Add CharlesD1ck to Rail
  9. The grammar in this email isn't terrible. If anything it seems more sincere this way rather than have some PR person post some ambiguous worded press release.
  10. God Bless the USA!!!!

NO TAXATION WITH OUT REPRESENTATION!!!

or something like that
    Add Joe_STL_314 to Rail
  11. The software isn't worth the 300 million alleged gap. Not even close.
  12. Their software to some is the best in the industry. To others, it was 2nd best to Stars. To me its still way ahead than some of the sites I play on.
    Thread StarterAdd wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Their software to some is the best in the industry. To others, it was 2nd best to Stars. To me its still way ahead than some of the sites I play on.

+1

ftp was my favourite for sure
    Add Reaper421 to Rail
  14. I miss FTP....
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  15. C'mon this has been talked about numerous times. The incentive for Stars to purchase FTP and make customers whole is because this will be tied into the settlement with the DoJ. Instead of just outright paying the fine to the doj that they already owe, they'll be able to aquire some assets in the process and be able to settle all outstanding criminal charges in the process.

clearly the software is good but not worth anywhere close to $300mm on it own.

Add TheVillageGrinder to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Their software to some is the best in the industry. To others, it was 2nd best to Stars. To me its still way ahead than some of the sites I play on.

Most of the inside-industry talk has FTP being far and away the best software FWIW. Not sure if that's the consensus among regulars - I'd guess not. But for all the industry geeks, it seems pretty clear what they think

Add Adam to Rail
  17. I prefer the smoothness of Stars. Out of the 3 things I preferred on FTP, one is now better on stars.

1) Rush Poker - I like Zoom better because it is much smoother and there is a button to click for sitting out next BB. However, tournament and SNG players are missing out on Rush MTTs/SNGs.

2) No 10 game mix on Stars. This was fun on FTP and hands switched every 10 hands.

3) Deal making on FTP is far superior to Stars.

All in all though, if I had a choice just based off software where to play, I would still choose Stars, but FTP is a close 2nd.
    Thread StarterAdd wackyJaxon to Rail
  18. Pokerstars would be smart to do this to earn a one up with the US legislators and DOJ when it comes time for legal online poker in the US. Oh and the fact that we will all gladly go play on their site when it does happen thanks to their efforts to get the players paid back. Now Pokerstars looks like a light in the midst of a terrible darkness and will surely reap loads of money due to this even if it means a slight sacrifice in the beginning. This is good and bad news for the poker world.
    Add DannyInColorado to Rail
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post

Most of the inside-industry talk has FTP being far and away the best software FWIW. Not sure if that's the consensus among regulars - I'd guess not. But for all the industry geeks, it seems pretty clear what they think

FTP had the best software imo.
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  20. page 2 sor far and no jibberish by kevmode?
    Edited By: McBain74 Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:47 AM
    Reason: come on stars!

Add McBain74 to Rail
  21. article here:

http://calvinayre.com/2012/07/07/leg...-stashed-away/

take special note of the last paragraph

LOOKS GOOD!!!!!
    Add smokerock247 to Rail
  22. Very interesting article. Could there really be an announcement at the beginning of the Main Event?
  23. "Finally, the government dropped a hint regarding the rumored acquisition of FTP’s assets by rival company PokerStars by noting that Bitar’s decision to return to the US was made “shortly before new ownership was expected to take over at Full Tilt Poker and terminate Bitar anyway, jeopardizing his ability to remain in Ireland."

wow

Add Josek to Rail
  24. I just read in another news site that the govt is trying to get Bitar's bail denied, and that the new indictments carry charges that could add up to life in prison.. They're pissed! And nice pic in the jumpsuit Ray.. He doesn't look too concerned IMO, more amused.

Wow.
    Edited By: bwalz Jul 7th, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    Add bwalz to Rail
  25. I would assume that Bitar came back with an agreement already laid out. My Biggest HOPE would be that the DOJ wants to get some higher visible targets. Can you imagine if he came back to be the DOJ's primary witness against to the other people on the board? He could then give testimony how Fergeson and Lederer knew all about it and as a board can do to a CEO, those two on the board directed him to act like he did.

In the end any member of the FTP board had the Fiduciary duty to know what was going on with the player's money both before and after Black Friday. It is beyond me how Lederer and Fergeson have evaded being charged when they are just as responsible as Bitar.

Want to see them all go down in flames with much jail time and lots of fines :)
    Add Brighttail to Rail
  26. Posted bail today, he should play the Main Event.

Add donkiman to Rail
  27. http://pokerfuse.com/news/law-and-re...al-of-charges/

That piece of shit Lederer is trying to get his charges dismissed and claim no wrong-doing too. That's why he never made those claims previously and has been in hiding for over a year, what a joke.
  28. And Bitar is freed on bail:
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...d-bail-587535/

Do you guys think he's legitimately a flight risk given he voluntarily surrendered to US authorities?

Add Dan to Rail
  29. Considering that new charges were filed against him after he voluntarily surrendered, I'd say so.
  30. http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/0...l-iv-13034.htm

Stars trying to get the case dismissed without having to buy Full Tilt?

I am not really sure what is going on now at all or who to listen to, but at least things finally seem to be moving....

If Bitar came back to the States to complete the deal with Stars as he suggested in his email why is he heading to California when I thought this deal was being negotiated in New York?

Add FakeJchan to Rail