[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. new news on the selling of FTP to euro investors, looks like its up to US govt to basically give the 'ok' for the deal to be done

http://www.subjectpoker.com/2011/07/...-negotiations/
    Add MarkFSU1 to Rail
  2. pretty decent news =)

Add LiquidSw0rd to Rail
  3. Has to rasie capital to pay back investors. That's a tell.
    Add MarketMaker to Rail
    Originally Posted by MarketMaker View Post

Has to rasie capital to pay back investors. That's a tell.

We've known this for months. They even told us that themselves in the lame ass updates that ftpdoug used to do.

Add TheVillageGrinder to Rail
  5. I cannot see a reason to play on ftp once they are back up and running, unless the whole company is sold and they have a massive change in the way they operate then the same stuff could happen again, they have basically been using the players money to operate the business and not kept it separate. That stinks and should be a warning to anyone hoping to play on there in the future.

I really hope that everyone gets their money from them and then just let FTP die and go away as they ain't gonna re-open to US players anytime soon or maybe never and the rest of the worlds players have safer options open to them.
    Add vil1ain to Rail
  6. unfortunately ub still had business aftr their scandals so i think ftp will still carry on
    Add slammy jammy to Rail
    Originally Posted by vil1ain View Post

I really hope that everyone gets their money from them and then just let ftp die and go away as they ain't gonna re-open to US players anytime soon or maybe never and the rest of the worlds players have safer options open to them.

we only get the money if theres a new investor... if ftp is bought, someone will pay hundreds of millions of dollars to poker players, which is good for us i think... why would i want ftp to die shortly after that? if ill get my money back from someone, i wish him all the best in the future

Add Josek to Rail
  8. Here's our article about the deadline for the exclusive negotiations:
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...y-21st-586608/

Add Dan to Rail
  9. my question is who are these lawyers getting quoted? are the breaking client privilege by speaking out publicly? Or is it this just an attempt to buy time publicly with them speaking on behalf of ftp? Or is this a genuine attempt to keep us in the loop? Seems like the L.A Times article was a bit early and a stunt to try and deflect from losing the Alderney licence imo.
    Add grandmamoneybags to Rail
    Originally Posted by Josek View Post

we only get the money if theres a new investor... if ftp is bought, someone will pay hundreds of millions of dollars to poker players, which is good for us i think... why would i want ftp to die shortly after that? if ill get my money back from someone, i wish him all the best in the future

Finding an investor and actually selling the company 100% are two different things, if any of the current management are left in charge then why would the company operate any differently? If the company is sold 100% to a completely new entity and they change the way things are done then yes its worth playing there. As it currently stands most players outside of the usa have great options for play with party, ipoker, ongame, microgaming etc so why even bother with ftp if it comes back online.
    Add vil1ain to Rail