[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. Is it weird that I trust The Tapie Group more than the DOJ with our funds?
    Originally Posted by supra1988t View Post

Is it weird that I trust The Tapie Group more than the DOJ with our funds?

Not at all.
    Originally Posted by supra1988t View Post

Is it weird that I trust The Tapie Group more than the DOJ with our funds?

standard
    Originally Posted by ApesAreFun View Post

Am I the only one who doesnt hate these guys? They did an 'honest' mistake (or maybe they didnt even have a hand in this. That's what the trial will figure out. Unless they settle out of court, who knows). We will get paid soon enough tho =)

in what way did they make an "honest" mistake? i understand the doj seizures would hurt but it shouldnt effectively bankrupt the company if it was otherwise run honestly.
  5. I have backer funds in my account. This is going to affect so much. Wow, blah

6. any updates coming soon, not hearing a whole lot lately regarding news?

7. I don't understand why people are so mad at the Full Tilt Pros or even Full Tilt for that matter. (well i understand it if they still have your money but Full Tilt didn't necessarily do anything super wrong).

Its absolutely hilarious that Full Tilt was called a ponzi scheme when i believe they had what, $80 million or so available? That's plenty of enough money for absolutely ANYTHING.........EXCEPT all americans being banned from the site and then subsequently everyone withdrawing at the same time roughly.

Anyways i just think the anger is misdirected and everyone should be pissed at the U.S. govy for being a huge dick. Their actions caused this more than anything else.

Sure you can say Full Tilt should of seen this potentially coming, but then again did you? If you actually did you should of asked Full Tilt if their player funds were segregated or not, as far as i know Full Tilt has never claimed they were? (i honestly dont know?)

I could go on with this for hours, but just don't have the motivation right now.
  8. the mass exodus from ftp that has shown their mismanagement of player funds is a result of the doj action... but that doesnt excuse ftp.

it's not the dojs fault ftp cant pay, it's their own. thats why stars was still able to pay and thats why people are mad at ftp.

obv
  9. God i miss FTP so much... Please come back soon!
    Originally Posted by ApesAreFun View Post

God i miss FTP so much... Please come back soon!

Me too.
    9-man SuperTurbos
    PLO8 Sit n Gos.
    Rush Tournaments

Sometimes you dont appreciate what you have until its gone, le sigh.

11. can anyone explain why america gets the funds if FTP isn't an american company?
  12. MattAKA
    can anyone explain why america gets the funds if FTP isn't an american company?

America has a bigger army.
    Originally Posted by CHOOKTER View Post

MattAKA
    can anyone explain why america gets the funds if FTP isn't an american company?

America has a bigger army.

America likes to control everything, including the decisions of human beings!!
    Originally Posted by Tourney View Post

I don't understand why people are so mad at the Full Tilt Pros or even Full Tilt for that matter. (well i understand it if they still have your money but Full Tilt didn't necessarily do anything super wrong).

Its absolutely hilarious that Full Tilt was called a ponzi scheme when i believe they had what, $80 million or so available? That's plenty of enough money for absolutely ANYTHING.........EXCEPT all americans being banned from the site and then subsequently everyone withdrawing at the same time roughly.

Anyways i just think the anger is misdirected and everyone should be pissed at the U.S. govy for being a huge dick. Their actions caused this more than anything else.

Sure you can say Full Tilt should of seen this potentially coming, but then again did you? If you actually did you should of asked Full Tilt if their player funds were segregated or not, as far as i know Full Tilt has never claimed they were? (i honestly dont know?)

I could go on with this for hours, but just don't have the motivation right now.

this actually makes sense.. and im guilty of shit talking FTP... but can anyone knowledgeable confirm that this is how banks work too? Yes they have ur 'money' in an account, but if everyone went to the local bank, and withdrew everything, wud they have all the cash on hand all at once??? just curious
    Originally Posted by ShyGuy03533 View Post

this actually makes sense.. and im guilty of shit talking FTP... but can anyone knowledgeable confirm that this is how banks work too? Yes they have ur 'money' in an account, but if everyone went to the local bank, and withdrew everything, wud they have all the cash on hand all at once??? just curious

Difference is that FTP (and stars) have announced numerous times how player funds were completely segregated and secure. Stars proved this to be the case, while FTP did not. While I do NOT blame FTP pros who doubtfully had knowledge of this, I do blame FTP ownership and management for basically lying to the poker community. It was gross mismanagement to allow people to steal from the site by crediting money to players accounts without being able to take it from someone's bank account (talking about the people that did this repeatedly to steal from FTP and in a sense FTP players) and to lie to players about how funds were completely segregated.
  16. Agreed. I don't understand how anyone with money tied up in FTP would not possess animosity?

So sick of people saying how it's not FTP's fault, no one saw it coming, blah blah ... Pretty sure if you have money tied up you may have a different angle here. Not to mention, it was a poorly run company with bad management (and yes, some pros where involved w/ management).
  17. Here is the email to get your money back.

askdoj@usdoj.gov
  18. has ivey been playing?
    Originally Posted by gjallen1975 View Post

has ivey been playing?

He was recently playing high stakes cash games (and tournaments) in Macau.
  20. Does anybody know who would pay a US player if they moved out of the country. Like if i moved out of the country next month, would I be considered ROW and paid by the new owners or still the DOJ?

Originally Posted by cream420 View Post

Does anybody know who would pay a US player if they moved out of the country. Like if i moved out of the country next month, would I be considered ROW and paid by the new owners or still the DOJ?

Very good question. I don't think this has ever been addressed, but I imagine you would be considered a US player under the "old" FTP for payouts, and a ROW player there-after. This is just a guess though, so don't take it for more than that.
  22. so what's next on the agenda for GBT? Last I heard was that FTP members had to vote on the agreement or something like that.

Originally Posted by ShyGuy03533 View Post

no banks wouldn't be able to pay immediately, sometimes if you go to a small bank and try to withdraw cash, they won't even have 5k cash.

If WackyJaxon is right about Full Tilt claiming there funds were segregated then that is pretty f'ed up, since they were outright lying about that.
    Originally Posted by Tourney View Post

no banks wouldn't be able to pay immediately, sometimes if you go to a small bank and try to withdraw cash, they won't even have 5k cash.

If WackyJaxon is right about Full Tilt claiming there funds were segregated then that is pretty f'ed up, since they were outright lying about that.

I am having trouble finding where FTP has said this on P5s (although I am certain they did). Here is a Reuters blog though where it is stated.

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmo...ll-tilt-ponzi/

Full Tilt Poker said repeatedly and vehemently that players’ funds were kept strictly segregated; this, it seems, was a bald-faced lie. Instead, those funds were intermingled with everything else. As any banker will tell you, deposits are liabilities, but Full Tilt Poker treated deposits as assets, handing them out to its shareholders and counting on two things to keep its business going: the fact that most people lose at poker, and a continued inflow of new funds to help pay the players cashing out.

Edited By: wackyJaxon Dec 8th, 2011 at 01:19 PM
  25. Also see #15 on FTPDoug's post on 2+2

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...8/#post3257181

Originally Posted by FTPDoug View Post

For reference, previous answers thread:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=148782
    1. You recently signed a deal with CR that has been the point of some debate.
    - That's a very kind way of phrasing the situation, thanks.
    After reviewing the volumes of feedback in threads, in person, and via email on our proposed solution, and a number of high level meetings on the subject, we have revised our plan with regards to CardRunners. Before getting to the details, I'd like to thank everyone who gave their input (especially those that gave it a lot of thought themselves and didn't just post knee-jerk reactions) and let you know that we take all of the issues raised very seriously. For the record, I still believe our original plan was ethically sound, and I know we were (and still are) just trying to do the right thing for both our customers and our business relationships.
    With that in mind, here is the new and hopefully improved plan for how certain educational videos will be created on Full Tilt:

• The next big software update (still over a month away) will include a backend feature that allows us to create "Educational" ("EDU") tables. When a player sits down at the table, they will see a popup explaining that at any time they could be playing against an instructor and might be recorded for the purposes of educational videos. They will need to accept these terms before sitting and playing. These tables will be marked in the lobby with the "EDU" tag in the table name.
    • Instructors (with the express consent of Full Tilt) will be able to request a screen name and red status change for the duration of a video. This change of status and "temporary screen name" will only last for the duration of their educational session, and immediately after the session the instructor's account will be changed back to the "true" screen name and status. The modification of account name and status can only be done by our security department, and instructor play will be carefully monitored during the session.
    • When using a name other than their normal "red" name, they will only be allowed to play at these new Educational tables.
    • All players at the Educational tables who participate in a session with the instructor (whether or not the video is eventually used) will receive a bonus. The bonus will scale based on the stakes they are playing, and be offered to any player who plays at least one hand during the session. The amounts are still being finalized, and will be detailed from the popup in the screen when a player sits down. Examples might look something like a $50 bonus at $1/$2 and a $250 bonus at $5/$10. This will be the only form of compensation given to players at these tables.
    • There will not be Educational tables at limits higher than $5/$10 NL.
    We feel that the above will enable instructional content to be recorded in a realistic playing environment, and offer players the choice to participate in these educational videos.
    2. The 6 max tournaments don't say 6 max in the HH anymore. This is messing up PAHUD and PT because it is seeing them as FR tables. It only seems to happen in MTTs and not cash games because they still say 6 max.
    - I'm having trouble tracking this down. I don't recall it ever saying "6-max" in the hand histories of 6-max MTTs. Can you email me or send me a PM of an old 6-max MTT hand history of yours that had it?
    3. Doug, any update on larger medals --> points conversion?
    - Soon. They should have been there a week or two ago, but got delayed.
    4. You've got to do something about this type of behavior. I cant sit at any HU table without him squatting and forcing me off it.
    - If someone is harrassing you at a heads-up table (or any other kind of table for that matter), your best bet is to email support. They will give him a warning then start taking more serious actions to curtail that kind of behavior.
    5. Prob discussed before, but any future thoughts of deal making / chopping?
    - It has been mentioned, but right now we only have thoughts, nothing is currently being worked on. It's definitely something I'd like to see, though.
    6. What happened to the larger tourney buyins in the Iron Man store?
    - T$ happened. It ended up being the same as buying cash, and that wasn't something we wanted to sell.
    7. Doug, c'mon any info on a PS3?
    - See answer #11 from October 23, 2007. (Or accept "No info" as an answer.)
    8. If we have Iron Man chip image "Opted Out", then how about having it not show up at the tables? And have it stay that way.
    - Yeah I agree the opt out system for that chip is a little weird. I'll have some people look into cleaning up that interface.
    9. Wait, this wasn't a running joke? (Iron Man pants)
    - More a joke about running.
    10. Doug, any chance of allowing more than 16 cash tables in the future?
    - No plans for that currently.
    11. You now have the one-a-day freeroll where you can register via website or not register and get medals, so can we change the standard freerolls to that system?
    - I believe we're planning on doing this eventually. Definitely a good idea.
    12. i still think that doing smaller bankwires just shouldnt be an issue and if ur charging a fee, a non issue.
    - We're still planning on it. I believe it's a technical issue that's holding it up, but progress is being made and it might be as soon as a month or two away.
    13. when u search for someone, I'd like a button that lets you open all their tables, rather then doing it one at a time
    - The next big update will have something that will be close to this (you will still have to click each table, but the dialog won't go away after each one).
    14. how can UK players cash out large sums?
    - I'm not sure right now (I think it might have to be broken up a bit with the bank transfers), but I have heard that a better solution is coming soon, hopefully within a month or so.
    15. Does FTP currently keep player's account balances in trusts?
    - We keep 100% of players funds in segregated accounts.
    16. I'd like double stacked PLO cash games tables, .25/.50 and up please
    - We may be making a change to our deep stack tables, and if we do I'll be sure to add deep stack PLO tables at that time.
    17. why don't you display the 5.50 45 man in the tournament lobby!
    - There's only so much room. We try not to have the entire top of the tournament lobby filled with multi-table SNGs so people can easily see the next few upcoming scheduled MTTs.
    18. I would like to see Omaha and Omaha Hi/Lo FTP satellites. It seems odd that I can win a $26 token to some of the $24+2 O8 tournaments, but that I have to play a turbo Hold'Em SNG to do it.
    - We'll experiment a little with non-NLH token satellites. Chances are they won't be super popular, though.
    19. Since cardrunners is getting exposure from full tilt now anyway, coaching site subscriptions and renewals in the store?
    - Something like this is very likely in the future, yes.
    20. Having tourney tokens and tourney dollars doesn't make any sense. Let's have the ability to convert tokens to tourney $$$.
    - See answer #1 in the very thread you posted this!
    21. What a concept: deep stack tables AT THE BLIND LEVELS PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAY
    - We're considering this.
    22. +1 to the notes. I'm not totally sure, but I think I close the client after most of my sessions to deal with this, but I still think it's losing some of them.
    - I couldn't find the post you were +1ing. Can you explain what's going on in more detail? As far as I know, all notes saving issues have been fixed.
    23. please create 'Speed' tables for NLHE and not just Limit Hold'Em.
    - We will probably start experimenting with this within a couple of months. It might have to wait for the filter improvements first, so people with no interest don't have to see them.
    24. i may e-mail this to the relevant addresses at FTP
    - Please do! All I'd be doing with all of these store requests is forwarding them on to the store. It's much more efficient to just send all of your suggestions directly there.
    25. Instead (or in addition to) of a $26 token, one-table 600 FTP SNG, how about 1800 FTP one-table tournies with three $26 tokens ???
    - Added.
    26. What is the status of the rollout of rakeback for accounts not associated with an affiliate? Are you moving forward with that, what is the time frame?
    - We are still experimenting with this and collecting data. No decisions have been reached yet and no time frame put in place. Sorry I can't be more informative.
    27. Any chance of bringing back the $3 + .30 turbos that took place on certain quarter hours? (0945, 1515, and 2115 if I remember ) Those things were a gold mine (and a fish bowl) - and now, they're gone.
    - There's a $5 or cheaper turbo every hour on the :50 now. So instead of just 3 $3.30s a day you have 24 micro turbos! The three you mention specifically won't be coming back (although the one at 9:45 just moved 5 minutes to 9:50).
    28. make it so that that when i'm typing notes that are longer than one line, they move onto another line. As it is, typing long notes goes onto the same line.
    - There's no auto-wrap for those lines, but you can always add line breaks to your notes yourself, at whatever width you want.
    29. When you open up "Last Hand", the box in the left hand corner containing the hand history should be expandable, like the chat box on the normal tables, so that you can see the whole hand history without having to scroll up and down. Would be a lot easier to use.
    - Yep, agreed. We have plans for this and other Last Hand window improvements, we just need to find time to implement them.
    Doug

Also of note, post black Friday FTP changed on its website to state its funds were non-segregated
  26. Thanks for the info WackyJaxon, it's pretty disgusting that they outright lied about that.
    Edited By: Tourney Dec 8th, 2011 at 01:49 PM
  27. WOW!!!

28. If anyone of us ran a poker game and when it came time to cash out the funds were gone, we would be called thieves. Full tilt has been cought in several lies about player funds. I hope to get my money back, but I am not holding my breath. Chris Ferguson and the rest of the board are nothing but a bunch of thieves! I am very interested in seeing if they show up at the next WSOP without players funds being paid. I am looking forward to asking "Jesus" for my money. With him holding the most stock in Full Tilt I give him the most blame. I am sure he is a great guy on the surface but him and Howard are nothing more than common criminals. If we do not get paid I'd bet they stay in hiding out of fear of retaliation.
    Originally Posted by 2dogshumpin View Post

If anyone of us ran a poker game and when it came time to cash out the funds were gone, we would be called thieves. Full tilt has been cought in several lies about player funds. I hope to get my money back, but I am not holding my breath. Chris Ferguson and the rest of the board are nothing but a bunch of thieves! I am very interested in seeing if they show up at the next WSOP without players funds being paid. I am looking forward to asking "Jesus" for my money. With him holding the most stock in Full Tilt I give him the most blame. I am sure he is a great guy on the surface but him and Howard are nothing more than common criminals. If we do not get paid I'd bet they stay in hiding out of fear of retaliation.

I mean these guys are going to jail right?
  30. Anyone hear any updates?
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4