1. a cheater remains cheater for life....FTP is done...
    Add Richestuser to Rail
  2. No news is good news until something is confirmed. This story is going to just disappear and be a non-story just like all the other "hopeful news" on full tilt that pops up once a month or so.
    Add scottypimpin1 to Rail
  3. Dan whats the news man! go talk to your contact and see what the hold up is! please!
    Add sssssssivarT to Rail
    Originally Posted by sssssssivarT View Post

Dan whats the news man! go talk to your contact and see what the hold up is! please!

Still nothing, but here's the latest info for you:
    http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...Friday-587258/

Seems like this is dragging on indefinitely.

Add Dan to Rail
  5. Wondering if these delays will have an impact on the value of FT? Rush poker was a big draw for them but now that PS has zoom and it looks like unibet, iGame, and Betsson will have have their version called fast poker by the end of the month, could this affect how much FT is still worth? (not to mention the bad image they will have to overcome).
    Add vicvegas007 to Rail
    Originally Posted by vicvegas007 View Post

Wondering if these delays will have an impact on the value of FT? Rush poker was a big draw for them but now that PS has zoom and it looks like unibet, iGame, and Betsson will have have their version called fast poker by the end of the month, could this affect how much FT is still worth? (not to mention the bad image they will have to overcome).

I dont think it well for the most part i think most people want FTP back so they have another site to play on, of course the money is important to everyone but they site has way more value for players to make more money. if the site ever comes back it might be slow at first but will probably still be generate more traffic then the others sites excluding stars of course.
    Add sssssssivarT to Rail
  7. Lets say the deal eventually gets finalized and we end up getting all or some of our bankrolls back...

"After [Tapie] closes with the Government, the Government still has to deal with the forfeiture proceedings, as they're selling the assets through the court."

Does anybody have any clue how long that could take before we could receive our money? Weeks? Months? Another year? Obviously i'd be happy to ever receive a portion of my funds at this point since i already chalked it up as a loss months ago, just curious if anybody has any knowledge (or even speculation) of a time frame after a deal is finalized...
  8. mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Add sirswish6 to Rail
  9. It's obviously going to take some time, and to speculate would just be a guess.

I wouldn't get to ahead of the situation at hand. Hopefully the deal goes through and we can then worry about getting our money from the DOJ.
    Thread StarterAdd agilles to Rail
    Originally Posted by scottypimpin1 View Post

Lets say the deal eventually gets finalized and we end up getting all or some of our bankrolls back...

"After [Tapie] closes with the Government, the Government still has to deal with the forfeiture proceedings, as they're selling the assets through the court."

Does anybody have any clue how long that could take before we could receive our money? Weeks? Months? Another year? Obviously i'd be happy to ever receive a portion of my funds at this point since i already chalked it up as a loss months ago, just curious if anybody has any knowledge (or even speculation) of a time frame after a deal is finalized...

When the DOJ originally brought on the Ponzi scheme allegations, the press release mentioned that it could take "months" for players to get paid back in general.

Add Dan to Rail
  11. So if FTP does open back up does anyone think they will have a .lv or .eu site and accept Americans. I personally dont think they will but I have been wrong before.
    Add yjbrewer to Rail
  12. I would say no chance of this happening since they made a deal with the DOJ concerning US payouts amongst other things. Also, this would alienate the ROW players from coming back as well.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  13. I've been told, "Nothing today." We'll obv keep you posted.

Add Dan to Rail
  14. Another week another fail big fat shocker here

Add lunarphase to Rail
  15. One week later...

Add Parvenu90 to Rail
  16. So are there any FTP updates for today? Would be nice to get FTP up and running by the summer.

Add kevmode to Rail
  17. take a chill pill its going to happen
    Add MarkFSU1 to Rail
  18. ^^
    Thread StarterAdd agilles to Rail
    Originally Posted by MarkFSU1 View Post

take a chill pill its going to happen

I wish I had your optimism.
  20. taken from 2+2 poster Kirbynator(1mill in profit on FT)

apparently it was on a public show so the news should come out soon?

edit: well ill just say it, poker friend was watching a coverage by "france poker series" and they have guests. One of them was the boss of ChiliPoker (popular iPoker skin), after doing their presentation and talking about chilipoker stuff they asked him "we heard you have some breaking news about fulltilt poker?".

And he's apparently a good friend with Laurent Tapie, he said he has been 4 days a week in dublin to hire people for FTP, and that the deal might be done in the next 48 hours.

Again, I dont know why he would say things like this if he didnt know but there ya go.
    Edited By: sssssssivarT Mar 24th, 2012 at 01:02 AM
    Add sssssssivarT to Rail
  21. Latest on Full Tilt... Laurent Tapie moved to Dublin, working there 3-4 days per week, deal is "a done deal."

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...e-deal-587265/

Add Dan to Rail
  22. Might be an extreme long shot but would be nice if the whole world was paid by 4/15

Add lunarphase to Rail
    Originally Posted by lunarphase View Post

Might be an extreme long shot but would be nice if the whole world was paid by 4/15

very unlikely, Tapie was quoted very recently saying once the deal was done (which it seems to be now) that it would take him ~4 weeks to get the site up and running. He mentioned it had something to do with legal stuff with governments.
    Add MarkFSU1 to Rail
  24. youd have to figure repayment would come before licensing... who knows.
    Add Ozzie to Rail
  25. USA, players are probably going to forever to get repaid since you have to go through the DOJ
    Add sssssssivarT to Rail
    Originally Posted by Richestuser View Post

a cheater remains cheater for life....FTP is done...

The people behind the original FTP were cheats. hopefully the new people will be upstanding and forthright, so, in other words, the brand is a little tarnished but we all know it was the operators not the software that was the problem. I don't see your comparisons?
    Add HOUNDofHELL to Rail
  27. I guess I'm still confused about why so many US players want to see the site up vs just getting their money back?

I mean even if FTP pops up tomorrow and says you can have your full roll back on the site the DOJ wont allow you to play there....or will they?

I mean the reality is there are several sites out there where we can go play right now but I cant see the DOJ (dept of Jackasses) allowing the site to open by allowing US players to have their roll given to them online.

The whole mess just does not make any sense at all.......
    Add Diver1 to Rail
  28. I guess the simple answer is people still want their money back
    Add fabs74 to Rail
  29. We'd guess that people owed money by Full Tilt won't take much solace in an AGCC study suggesting that it was an "example of regulation working as it should":

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/AGCC-Report-on-Full-Tilt-Example-of-Regulation-Working-as-it-Should-587271/

By the way, we just checked with GBT lawyer Behn Dayanim, who said, "No comment other than to say nothing to announce today."

Add Dan to Rail
  30. what happened to the good news?

Add McBain74 to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 2 3 4