[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. They should hire you for their marketing team "Clock" Poker is catchy and fits well with the 2 names, well done.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
    Originally Posted by Chazley View Post

Lock had a big marketshare because they had quick cashouts, all the skins basically have the same rb deals, i was getting 58% on bcp.

You didnt know the right people. I knew a bunch of super turbo grinder and they all got poached from other skins to move to Lock cause lock offered higher rb than anyone else. Though they later neneged on one of their promos.

Add Rusemandingo to Rail
  3. poaching is a cool word

just sayin
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  4. Lock is the only place I have deposited and played since BF.
    Nice to hear some major news about a site that I play that doesn't involve my $$ being stolen!!!
    ie Fake Tilt and Ultimate Theft
    Edited By: wilmont May 7th, 2012 at 07:06 PM
    Add wilmont to Rail
  5. This doesn't seem good for US players in the short-run (smaller player base on Merge and bad software/small player base on Lock/Cake), but could definitely be good in the long-run.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly Lock can improve the Cake software. I personally hate playing on Cake and haven't played there in quite some time. The current cake tournament schedule is also pretty awful. Without a doubt they'll improve it, but it'll be interesting to see how aggressive they get with guarantees and how robust the schedule will be.
    Add tyson219 to Rail
  6. I think most will agree, the landscape (for US) sucks. How does it get much worse. I don't think current Lock players will pull out. And this merge (I love saying that) will create from day one a nice new base to play. Hell, half or more Cake players are playing merge as well. If Lock plays their cards correctly this could be very successful very quickly. And let's not forget, PS may be on the way back, if you wanted to bust a move here, you needed to get it on.
    Add G2thV to Rail
  7. We all think it's good until they follow Bovada's business model with no seat selection, no names, no HUDs, etc etc lol, it sucks to be an American, or at least live in the USA.
    Add scottypimpin1 to Rail
  8. Competition is always good, now Merge will have to step up their marketing and fix allot of the issues we have been complaining about (rebuy fails...etc). With locks aggressive marketing and if they cater to the player base like I think they intend to, it could blow up really fast. LockOps is already back on I hear, and this originally was marketed at the euro market, which we desperately need to fill the fish pool. Lets just hope they have comparable software to Merge (i haven't ever played cake, but heard the software sucks). Although I am not looking forward to the decrease in traffic we will inevitably see on merge.

Add elimherr to Rail
  9. Probably bad for cash games at cake unless they somehow get added to Lock's cashier. Player pool will presumably be tougher. Hopefully they don't switch to weighted.
    Add DitchDigger to Rail
  10. No one in this thread has any clue what they're talking but, as neither do I... So insulting people over speculation is just as idiotic as anything else you claim someone does.
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ShyGuy03533 View Post

No one in this thread has any clue what they're talking but, as neither do I... So insulting people over speculation is just as idiotic as anything else you claim someone does.

I could be wrong but isn't Shane the official lock pro rep along with hurricanejeff a lock pro? They are both in the thread and I am sure they know what they are talking about regarding lock
    Add flipxpelon562 to Rail
    Originally Posted by flipxpelon562 View Post

I could be wrong but isn't Shane the official lock pro rep along with hurricanejeff a lock pro? They are both in the thread and I am sure they know what they are talking about regarding lock

Shane is the new official Lock Poker rep on PocketFives, yeah.

Add Dan to Rail
  13. Sucks for Shane. His image will become tarnished just as Rizen's was/is.
    Shane hopefully you can shed light onto the Girah/Tmay situations as this is where Rizen failed horribly.

Rizen - don't hire your friends as Lock Pros.
    Edited By: McStraddle May 7th, 2012 at 09:21 PM
    Add McStraddle to Rail
  14. How is this a bad thing won't this make Lock even bigger?
    Add NJDevils26 to Rail
  15. speaking of Girah(since theres an offical Lock rep on p5s now)....

I won lessons from Jose Macedo in some special Lock-only VIP tourney right before all that stuff went down and he was let go from Lock as a pro.
    After the fiasco, I contacted Lock support numerous times through emails about compensation for this prize and was told they were waiting to hear back from their promotional manager or something on what they were going to do about the prizes for that tourney.....its been months and months, without a word or any hint as to what they were going to do.

it may seem petty to some of you guys, but at the time I played that tourney, Jose was considered to be a top player and certainly his coaching/lessons were worth considerable value at the time.
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  16. LOL, are you kidding? Seriously ur joking right?
    Add G2thV to Rail
    Originally Posted by ktx49 View Post

speaking of Girah(since theres an offical Lock rep on p5s now)....

I won lessons from Jose Macedo in some special Lock-only VIP tourney right before all that stuff went down and he was let go from Lock as a pro.
    After the fiasco, I contacted Lock support numerous times through emails about compensation for this prize and was told they were waiting to hear back from their promotional manager or something on what they were going to do about the prizes for that tourney.....its been months and months, without a word or any hint as to what they were going to do.

it may seem petty to some of you guys, but at the time I played that tourney, Jose was considered to be a top player and certainly his coaching/lessons were worth considerable value at the time.

If I recall correct....on 2+2 some backlash and little help from Lock someone in your situation was able to get some sort of cash value credited to their acct for this.
    Add McStraddle to Rail
    Originally Posted by McStraddle View Post

If I recall correct....on 2+2 some backlash and little help from Lock someone in your situation was able to get some sort of cash value credited to their acct for this.

yeah i was given that impression from the support team in an email too:

Regarding training with Jose Macedo, all players that have won have the option of receiving training from another Pro or cash equivalent.

but I never heard back I was told they needed to run it by a promo manager or something like that.
    again, this is not a big deal or anything, I just figured that Lock has a rep on here now and I could get this taken care of
    Add ktx49 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Max Cut View Post

afaik, at least the Cake rebuy functions properly :D

How great or awful this is will only become clear with time. Either would not come as a huge surprise to me (standard post BF expectations).

+1 on the rebuys!!

well i will definitely be fist-pump-leaving-merge if this happens! GG merge, way to go Lock!

tbh, i feel like this is really bad sign for merge, and not because they are losing 40% of their players....i'm sure i'm not the only person considering this angle.

Cake's software was picked over with a fine tooth comb by people like NoahSD so I have way more confidence I'm not getting cheated, hacked etc....
    .....on the other hand, merge is an absolute joke...if tomorrow someone posted a thread proving the existence of superuser-like cheating on Merge, I wouldn't even blink.

in b4 your post on the new cake network being rigged
    Add frizzlefry777 to Rail
    Originally Posted by DitchDigger View Post

Probably bad for cash games at cake unless they somehow get added to Lock's cashier. Player pool will presumably be tougher. Hopefully they don't switch to weighted.

What do you mean by this? My assumption is that Cake for U.S. players will now become Revolution Poker along with Lock, so all Cake players will play Lock players and vise versa.

Add cgidd8 to Rail
  21. KILLA, im not making light of your story, its just, the night before this guy goes down for what he did! YOU, win training? With him? LOL! Ive been on your side the whole way, I didnt think tickets were a problem because, I KNEW THE OTHER SHT WAS WORSE!!!! and so did you. But to think this guy was like a day from Skyping on YOUR games! LO fkn L
    Edited By: G2thV May 7th, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    Add G2thV to Rail
    Originally Posted by frizzlefry777 View Post

in b4 your post on the new cake network being rigged

yeah nice try, you and about half a dozen posters continue to try oh-so-hard to make me look like a rigtard....guess its easier than facing the truth, and even harder, admitting i was RIGHT about problems on merge which btw, have absolutely nothing to do with being "rigged".

pathetic

Originally Posted by G2thV View Post

KILLA, im not making light of your story, its just, the night before this guy goes down for what he did! YOU, win training? With him? LOL! Ive been on your side the whole way, I didnt think tickets were a problem because, I KNEW THE OTHER SHT WAS WORSE!!!! and so did you. But to think this guy was like a day from Skyping on YOUR games! LO fkn L

i got to admit i laughed at that, lol yeah i mean can you imagine my posts on here if I had been one of the people scammed by that clown :D
    Edited By: ktx49 May 7th, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  23. hey just got contacted by a Lock rep, woot should have the coaching prize thing figured out soon....cant wait for CLOCK poker
    Add ktx49 to Rail

hey just got contacted by a Lock rep, woot should have the coaching prize thing figured out soon....cant wait for CLOCK poker

thats good to hear bro..I might not uninstall Lock poker now lol...
    Add flipxpelon562 to Rail
  25. What about the people who got a pro referral deal?
    Add BustoDouglas to Rail
    Originally Posted by BustoDouglas View Post

What about the people who got a pro referral deal?

I was told 36% but not sure how rake is calc'd
    Add IamPro to Rail
  27. lol
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  28. I always liked the first cake software better than their upgraded one
    Add The Smoking Pimp to Rail
    Originally Posted by cgidd8 View Post

What do you mean by this? My assumption is that Cake for U.S. players will now become Revolution Poker along with Lock, so all Cake players will play Lock players and vise versa.

I'm saying Cake is much softer than Merge at the moment. I'm assuming Lock has a far lower fish:pro raitio than Cake thus the cash games for Cake players will not be as soft under Revolution poker.

I'm sure they'll be a lot more games running but that's not always a good thing. Plus, the press release seemed to imply that current Lock players would have a bit of a sweetheart deal when the switch comes. Just doesn't seem like there are any positives besides a larger player pool for current Cake players.
    Add DitchDigger to Rail
  30. How about not having to wait 4 months for a check. That would seem to be a positive imo.

Add Jason1 to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 92 3 4 5 6