[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1.  
    Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post

    How about not having to wait 4 months for a check. That would seem to be a positive imo.


    there still using lock cashier, which is a lot faster then 4 months for a check.
    Add GTM13 to Rail
  2.  
    Originally Posted by DitchDigger View Post

    I'm saying Cake is much softer than Merge at the moment. I'm assuming Lock has a far lower fish:pro raitio than Cake thus the cash games for Cake players will not be as soft under Revolution poker.

    I'm sure they'll be a lot more games running but that's not always a good thing. Plus, the press release seemed to imply that current Lock players would have a bit of a sweetheart deal when the switch comes. Just doesn't seem like there are any positives besides a larger player pool for current Cake players.

    I always assumed a large player base meant more fish, but maybe not. Micro cash on cake is certainly soft, but most of my tables at 20nl typically have ~4 regs per table including myself and never more than 10 tables running at a time. If Lock taking over means I have to battle a couple of more regs to get a check in a couple of weeks rather than a couple of months, I'll welcome it whole heartedly.
     
    Add cgidd8 to Rail
  3. yeah merge cash tables arent that bad anyways...the toughest tables on merge from my experience have been 25-50nl.... above and below that it gets juicy.
    Edited By: ktx49 May 8th, 2012 at 05:12 AM
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post

    How about not having to wait 4 months for a check. That would seem to be a positive imo.


    Obviously but I think it's doubtful Lock is going to start processing Cake withdrawals. I'd love to be wrong.
    Add DitchDigger to Rail
  5.  
    Originally Posted by DitchDigger View Post

    I'm saying Cake is much softer than Merge at the moment. I'm assuming Lock has a far lower fish:pro raitio than Cake thus the cash games for Cake players will not be as soft under Revolution poker.

    I'm sure they'll be a lot more games running but that's not always a good thing. Plus, the press release seemed to imply that current Lock players would have a bit of a sweetheart deal when the switch comes. Just doesn't seem like there are any positives besides a larger player pool for current Cake players.


    The assumption is often that because we have the Lock Pro's that our traffic isn't very fishy, when in fact the opposite is true. Our traffic is fishier that most people would ever think possible, I think the existing rooms will be very happy with the mixture of traffic we bring as well of course with the overall liquidity.
    Add imjustshane to Rail
  6. Just hope Lock has the proper infrastructure to support the type of growth they are planning on having! This is all for nothing if they don't supply customers with the proper level of attention and develop it in a calculated/responsible way. It's fine to be optimistic, but have to be realistic as well.
     2
    Add OU_dlanger610 to Rail
  7. Shane, any comments on if Cake will switch it's cashier to the Lock cashier?
    Add Chazley to Rail
  8.  
    Originally Posted by Chazley View Post

    Shane, any comments on if Cake will switch it's cashier to the Lock cashier?

    No Lock will be the only room with the Lock cashier.
    Add imjustshane to Rail
  9. will there still be other skins??
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by ktx49 View Post

    will there still be other skins??


    Merge has been holding my money for months despite repeated withdrawal requests. They say they are experiencing "processing problems." I assume that means they don't have the money for payouts.
    Add hicakipe to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post

    The assumption is often that because we have the Lock Pro's that our traffic isn't very fishy, when in fact the opposite is true. Our traffic is fishier that most people would ever think possible, I think the existing rooms will be very happy with the mixture of traffic we bring as well of course with the overall liquidity.


    I hope so. It's too bad Lock banned my state. I'd love to switch to them.
    Add DitchDigger to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post

    No Lock will be the only room with the Lock cashier.

    so pretty much Lock is gonna become a skin of Cake? If so, are there gonna be other skins?
    Edited By: IamPro May 9th, 2012 at 08:17 AM
    Reason: opps little late lol
    Add IamPro to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by imjustshane View Post

    No Lock will be the only room with the Lock cashier.

    Wow, this is surprising because Cake's biggest black-eye right now is their terrible cash out times for non-affiliate players.

    Can you comment on what will be done for current Cake Poker players withdrawal times, since you guys will now be running the network?
    Edited By: Chazley May 9th, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    Add Chazley to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by KyleFly View Post

    So best part of merge leaves the network and joins less superior network making everything better? Way to dodge the real questions lock rep! Why did they cancel lock ops and is that why you are leaving merge?

    Hi all,
    I'm sure this is the main reason. But I think these changes are not good for players. Lock is the most popular merge skin now and personally I'm not sure if I'll continue playing there after they'll leave merge. Carbonpoker will take the lead in that case.
    BTW I'm playing at Intertops (cake network) and they are really good in withdrawals and support so I wonder does Lock need such a competitor?
    Edited By: wackyJaxon May 9th, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Add Wong to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by Wong View Post

    Hi all,
    I'm sure this is the main reason. But I think these changes are not good for players. Lock is the most popular merge skin now and personally I'm not sure if I'll continue playing there after they'll leave merge. Carbonpoker will take the lead in that case.
    BTW I'm playing at Intertops (cake network) and they are really good in withdrawals and support so I wonder does Lock need such a competitor?

    not a competitor is there's now, they own it!
     
    Add elgordo420 to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by Chazley View Post

    Wow, this is surprising because Cake's biggest black-eye right now is their terrible cash out times for non-affiliate players.

    Can you comment on what will be done for current Cake Poker players withdrawal times, since you guys will now be running the network?

    Yeah, Chaz, waited 4 months for my last Cake cashout, and just requested another two weeks ago. If Lock wants players, they need to immed go to work to improve this.
    Add RANDYPET to Rail
  17. I'm totally confused, I thought after May 31st or wtv Lock and Cake were merging to form Revolution Gaming?? I assumed it would all be the same software, cashier, rakeback, promotions etc. Obv I'm wrong?
    Add DoubleUp28 to Rail
  18. we are all confused.
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  19. The software on cake is horrible. I could see this as a big downer for people who play on Lock. I certainly will not play on Lock until they change it. Hopefully Lock players will move over to Merge skins. As a tourney player I hate to see tourneys drop in prize money.
    Add tr8cer to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by elgordo420 View Post

    not a competitor is there's now, they own it!

    Cake doesn't own Intertops.
     
    Add stlboy05 to Rail
  21.  
    Originally Posted by Chazley View Post

    Wow, this is surprising because Cake's biggest black-eye right now is their terrible cash out times for non-affiliate players.

    Can you comment on what will be done for current Cake Poker players withdrawal times, since you guys will now be running the network?

    Our first priority is to get our Lock players moved over and looked after and Revolution will address the other rooms cashier problems as we move forward?
    Add imjustshane to Rail
  22. will rake be contributed or dealt?
    Will there be seperate skins or will they all be under 1 cashier with revolution poker?
    will names still be allowed to change once a week like cake? Or will they become perma after you make it once?
    will it be vip or rakeback?
    will you be able to transfer money from lock to cake and vice versa>

    just some of the questions bouncing around in my head.
    Add GTM13 to Rail
  23. Gonna go apeshit if they change it from dealt.
    Add Chazley to Rail
  24. really really hope they do something about a new MTT schedule. merge is bad enough, cake is the pits.

    can you comment on what to expect as far as guarantees go Shane?
     
    Add IBGrindin to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by IBGrindin View Post

    really really hope they do something about a new MTT schedule. merge is bad enough, cake is the pits.

    can you comment on what to expect as far as guarantees go Shane?

    This.

    When is this expected to happen?
    Add ty71087 to Rail
  26. Ok, I thought I would give the cake software a try just because of this merger. Less that 1500 people online, and if Lock actually carries around 20% which maybe be high, it may get close to the 3000 peak hours traffic.

    Thats not the problem, the software SUCKS!!!! Merge isnt pokerstars or FTP, but man, thats really, really bad!!!
    Add mttgrinder90 to Rail
  27. You should try some of the smaller sites if you want to see crappy software. Cake software doesn't hold a candle to Stars or FT but it's pretty good compared to most of the crap out there.
    Add DitchDigger to Rail
  28. When I played on Cake I wasn't crazy about the software. But if the schedule and traffic improve, it's not gonna keep me from giving Revolution a try. Also, it seems likely they will work on the software before and after the launch, so maybe it wont be an issue, but who knows.
     
    Add boneralert to Rail
  29. From the looks of the thread and the posts, there's a lot of unnecessary speculation and worrying playing into a lot of what's being written. In fact, I'm going on a limb(ironic huh?) to say that even the Lock rep doesn't know diddly about what will play out. In the long run, it seems like people just need to chill and enjoy what they have rather than bitch about what they haven't. Life in the poker world isn't falling apart and the only way from here for a lot of us here in the USA is up. We just gotta keep pushing the people in D.C. and it'll all work out. In the meantime, I'm just glad I can have a little bit of fun on a "decent" site. "It can't rain all the time"
    Add DannyInColorado to Rail
  30. so I thought Lock was going to take care of the Girah lesson issues I posted about earlier, I was contacted by a Lock rep who seemed eager to help but i've yet to hear anything, again.

    sigh
    Add ktx49 to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 93 4 5 6 7