[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. so, when Ricky/Swish win a tournament, are they sending half of their winnings back to this "backer"? Or are these tickets just given to them to increase traffic? Seems an important thing to differentiate, and I haven't noticed anyone touching upon that

the_dean22 is an instructor at PocketFives Training . To get more of his advice and to watch his training videos, click here.

Add the_dean22 to Rail
    Originally Posted by the_dean22 View Post

so, when Ricky/Swish win a tournament, are they sending half of their winnings back to this "backer"? Or are these tickets just given to them to increase traffic? Seems an important thing to differentiate, and I haven't noticed anyone touching upon that

Swish posted this on 2p2

Originally Posted by sirswish6 View Post

it is 60/40, no makeup, in mtts on merge that accept satellite tickets.

Add tyson219 to Rail
  3. Any mention of why they are only being backed in mtts accepting satty tickets?

Add TheVillageGrinder to Rail
  4. Because they are only using tickets to buyin
    Add tyson219 to Rail
    Originally Posted by tyson219 View Post

Because they are only using tickets to buyin

Yes, sir, I gathered that from following the 1st ~20 pages of the thread on 2+2. My question is why ticket only backing? I mean obv the affiliate has cash or whatever skin money they are playing on as the horses are shipping 40%.

Not making any accusations of anything or anyone-it just seems gimmicky.

so, when Ricky/Swish win a tournament, are they sending half of their winnings back to this "backer"? Or are these tickets just given to them to increase traffic? Seems an important thing to differentiate, and I haven't noticed anyone touching upon that

Yeah I kind of alluded to the same thing, but others chimed in that an affiliate in a traditional backing arrangement with a player is not unusual, nor should it be looked at with skepticism.

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with it, so long as the affiliate and the skin provided full disclosure on the nature of their business partnership, or in the very least, were 100% forecoming about any ownership/profit sharing between the two.

6. If it's an affiliate backing them it seems totally OK, but if it's a SKIN backing them, that can't be fair/right in the slightest. A skin shouldn't have any vested interest in the outcomes of tournaments on the site, that is so blatantly wrong.
    Add the_dean22 to Rail

If it's an affiliate backing them it seems totally OK, but if it's a SKIN backing them, that can't be fair/right in the slightest. A skin shouldn't have any vested interest in the outcomes of tournaments on the site, that is so blatantly wrong.

But what if it is an affiliate wherein the owner of said affiliate also has an ownership interest in the skin and or network?

8. DO they at least Provide cashouts?
    Add tjmullen07 to Rail
  9. It just seems odd that they can afford to do a no makeup deal. Kinda makes you wonder if the skin/affiliate is being given those tickets without the $$$ to back it, in the assumption that they can just dip it out of the profits later FTP style.
    Add the_dean22 to Rail
  10. Ya I mean CLEARLY the tickets are worth much less than real $ to the backer.
    Add supra1988t to Rail
  11. In order for this backing deal to be profitable for the affiliate the players would need to maintain a 50%ROI+(This was estimated). I don't think the players are doing anything wrong, but there has to be somewhere that the affiliate is gaining an obvious edge and I just want to know what this is, seems sketchy until that is explained. If they know the math and just think this deal is +EV for them, than so be it, but I cant fathom any logical person thinking this thought.

Add CCuster_911 to Rail

we should catch up sometime gags :)

I just read the thread on 2+2 and its confirmed that you are a scumbag. If I was you I would go into hiding and I wouldn't be posting anymore on this site or 2+2.
    Edited By: kevmode Feb 15th, 2012 at 03:59 AM

Add kevmode to Rail
  13. i would like to hear how the m0de came to this conclusion????

Add Iplaythabored to Rail
    Originally Posted by Iplaythabored View Post

i would like to hear how the m0de came to this conclusion????

did you read the thread on 2+2? obv u didn't read it

nothing for me to explain it is all in the thread
    Edited By: kevmode Feb 15th, 2012 at 05:59 AM

Add kevmode to Rail
  15. i have read the thread, not sure what he did to be called a scumbag, pls explain

Add Iplaythabored to Rail
    Originally Posted by kevmode View Post

I just read the thread on 2+2 and its confirmed that you are a scumbag. If I was you I would go into hiding and I wouldn't be posting anymore on this site or 2+2.

dont post anymore on this site or 2p2 and go into hiding run for your livessssssss kevmode will find u and kill you
    Add yarbles to Rail
    Originally Posted by yarbles View Post

dont post anymore on this site or 2p2 and go into hiding run for your livessssssss kevmode will find u and kill you

lol you got me there

I mean what sirwish is doing is wrong and he shouldn't be able to play on the Merge network. Felt stars shouldn't be doing what they are doing handing out free tickets etc... Reading that thread on 2+2 got me angry because I am having equity stole from me and other players who play by the rules and don't cheat, scam, collude or multi account.

Add kevmode to Rail

lol you got me there

I mean what sirwish is doing is wrong and he shouldn't be able to play on the Merge network. Felt stars shouldn't be doing what they are doing handing out free tickets etc... Reading that thread on 2+2 got me angry because I am having equity stole from me and other players who play by the rules and don't cheat, scam, collude or multi account.

Pretty harsh Kev. I have to disagree. I don't think the players are doing anything wrong. They were offered a good deal and accepted it. I would probably consider doing the same thing.
    Add tyson219 to Rail

lol you got me there

i guess you didnt read the thread eh
    Add sirswish6 to Rail

i guess you didnt read the thread eh

zomg u have 1 milllllion dollars and u need to scammmmm kevmode out of equity.... how did u get the million did u cheat, scam, collude and/or multiaccount huh? confirmed scummmy millionaire u couldnt be happy with being a millionaire u have to get to a billion squared!
    Add yarbles to Rail
    Originally Posted by supra1988t View Post

Ya I mean CLEARLY the tickets are worth much less than real $ to the backer.

DING DING.

now you guys were on the right track, but what else would make a bunch of tickets that were most likely paid for legitimately. suddenly become worth MUCH less than face value to the skin....to make them involve people like the evechad guy in their attempts at ticket liquidation...

also its strange how tyson has to keep chiming in how normal this deal is, how he doesnt see anything wrong with anything being done here.

for the record, where are u staying right now?
    where is feltstars guys located?
    where is swish staying?

all coincidences surely right

Originally Posted by bustyou79 View Post

I'm really confused how people are defending the ones that are accused and the site affiliates, like for real we haven't learned anything from what happened on and before BF.

ask the people who defended them where they are living/staying....you will see something strange.

and if we learned anything from BF, its to not trust people who are involved in this business, particularly with the current poker climate inside the USA. its just like prohibition, and marijuana, etc....when you make something illegal/etc the only thing that changes is the price.....and the people involved....

merge is the new CEREUS.
    Edited By: ktx49 Mar 2nd, 2012 at 03:38 AM
    Reason: raise questions
    Add ktx49 to Rail
  22. kavilla in the flesh.
    Add Ntaust10 to Rail
  23. its a shame that the merge rep hasn't spoken up and that our killer detectives haven't taken up the hunt

Add norv to Rail
    Originally Posted by ktx49 View Post

merge is the new CEREUS.

with the exception of a halfway decent structure, tournament schedule, legitimate RNG, recognizable pros, TLB, promotions, timely cash-outs and a soft field.....the two are pretty much the same. both use the interweb to offer real money poker and have about 10k-15k users.
    Edited By: gjallen1975 Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    Add gjallen1975 to Rail
  25. I don't expect to hear anything substantive from the skin reps. Still not sure of the total extent of my feelings about this. My gut feeling is that it's wrong and as an MTT player that I am losing value .... however, I still don't understand quite how the numbers would work out.
    Add ak7062 to Rail
  26. Hero CEO and Carbon rep both responded on 2p2, I was satisfied with their answers.
    Add tyson219 to Rail
  27. ok we get it.
    you've have stated as many times as humanely possible that you dont think theres anything going on here....and that we should just move on....and that theres not even a need to continue discussing this...
    we get your stance; you've made that overwhelmingly clear.

so lets elaborate here, if the tickets are all accounted for, then what would make these tickets become much less valuable to feltstars? they are obviously willing to take less than face value on these tickets to liquidate them, why is that? what would cause something like a bunch of tickets to become worth less than their face value to the people at feltstars/merge whatever?
    Edited By: ktx49 Mar 3rd, 2012 at 12:55 AM
    Add ktx49 to Rail

ok we get it.
    you've have stated as many times as humanely possible that you dont think theres anything going on here....and that we should just move on....and that theres not even a need to continue discussing this...

so lets elaborate here, if the tickets are all accounted for, then what would make these tickets become much less valuable to feltstars? they are obviously willing to take less than face value on these tickets to liquidate them, why is that? what would cause something like a bunch of tickets to become worth less than their face value to the people at feltstars/merge whatever?

Add sirswish6 to Rail

ok we get it.

I was simply responding to the post above me that said he didnt expect the site reps to say much. I was pointing out that they already something and everyone can judge that for what it is.

But since I'm typing anyway...your conclusion is based on the premise that this "ticket deal" isn't viewed by Feltstars/its affiliate as a profitable investment. If that premise isn't true, then they are entering into a deal that both parties believes can be profitable. Based on the people they have playing for them, my assumption is that they think it can be profitable.

Your conclusion is also based on the assumption that Feltstars/its affiliate is holding a large inventory of tickets and its compelled to move before "the event". Under no profit maximizing business scenario would Feltstars/its affiliate have the inventory of tickets required to enable all the play that has occurred, so your conclusion is further weakened by that implausible premise.

I don't understand the deal, but I personally cannot construct a scenario in which it is personally hurting me or jeopardizing the health of the network. Nor do I think it's a sign of impending doom. Therefore, I don't care. The only this deal is unfair is if Feltstars/its affiliate is creating tickets out of thin air, based on what I've heard from other skin reps, I don't think that's the case, so until someone provides proof, congrats to Swish and the rest, they were offered a great deal and are great players and will do well from it.

To conclude: Contradictions do not exist. Check your premises.
    Edited By: tyson219 Mar 3rd, 2012 at 04:57 AM
    Add tyson219 to Rail
  30. .jpg deflection, classic! +1 swish

merge gonna merge, felstars gonna felstarr, angle shooters gonna angle shoot
    Add ktx49 to Rail