1. I've been away for quite a while..... anyplace for U S players to SAFELY play online these days???
    Add jerry22 to Rail
  2. bodog or merge network (rpm, carbon, lock..)

...but i don't think its safe for u.

gl

Add LiquidSw0rd to Rail
    Originally Posted by LiquidSw0rd View Post

bodog or merge network (rpm, carbon, lock..)

...but i don't think its safe for u.

gl

Ya you can play on these sites but any US player should be really careful and probably just shouldnt play

Add NG3434 to Rail
  4. probably just shouldnt play?? If youre a profitable player its easily worth the risk.
    Add delta6789 to Rail
  5. I wouldnt go near a site that allows US players at the moment. Not worth the risk, no offence US players.

Im sure bodog are stoping US players soon, so it will just be merge
    Edited By: Mahon78 Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    Add Mahon78 to Rail
  6. ignorance, and easy to say from outside the us.... what is the bodog statement based on?
    Edited By: delta6789 Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    Add delta6789 to Rail
  7. Lock, or any other merge network. Please sign up, need more players!
    Add clantaztic to Rail
  8. Please explain to me how not wanting to risk losing more money on another site that allows US players is ignorant? Are you saying we should all just trust the sites that allow US players?

I thought i made it clear in my post(though i think you get offended easy) im not attacking US players, im just saying i would not risk money on a site that allows US players to play illegally. If you want to get angry at something get angry at you laws on gambling

As for the bodog thing, it was a while ago so dont know if they have since changed there mind but here is a link
    http://www.pokerlistings.com/bodog-t...-in-2012-73663
    Add Mahon78 to Rail
  9. Your money is not necesarily safe on any rake based sites that accepts US players, however, a bunch of people have made a good chunk of change on these sites. Who knows if the DOJ will ever go after these sites and if they do whether the sites themselves will honor player liabilities (with or without a DOJ crackdown since there are rumors of liquidity problems on Cake and BOL for example). Its a risk to factor in along side of playing for US residents. Fortunately you (and me), do not have this extra "risk" to factor in, but if I was still living in the US, I would have a tough decision to make.

In regards to Bodog, your info is not correct as Bovada is on the Bodog network and was just recently created to handle the US customer base. All US resdients that were on Bodog, have been transferred to Bovada along with their account balances. I hate so much about this site, but as things stand now, I understand why US players play there since other than Merge its their best option. It just seems very shady that no collusion can be detected by players, and almost every collusion issue on most sites has been investigated by the sites because a player themselves noticed something fishy and asked for an investigation. Just my opinion about Bovada/Bodog, and once again am glad I do not have to consider this site an option myself since I still live outside the US.
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Jan 5th, 2012 at 12:20 AM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  10. I would recommend bovada from my personal experience. I felt like playing the other day and deposited with money gram on 12/27 then requested a withdraw on 12/30 and had the cash in hand on 12/31 and only had to pay a 7.5% fee for the withdraw.
    Add MRosenello to Rail
    Originally Posted by MRosenello View Post

... and only had to pay a 7.5% fee for the withdraw.

it ain't that good of a good deal. withdrawals should be a free service imo.

Add LiquidSw0rd to Rail
    Originally Posted by LiquidSw0rd View Post

it ain't that good of a good deal. withdrawals should be a free service imo.

True, but Ill take it when I can get my money within 18 hours though.
    Add MRosenello to Rail
  13. I still get one free withdrawal per month, the rest are $50/each. I usually get my money via western union within 6 hours. I've had a Bodog account for a long time though, so perhaps I'm grandfathered in.
    Add wickedfamous to Rail
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

It just seems very shady that no collusion can be detected by players, and almost every collusion issue on most sites has been investigated by the sites because a player themselves noticed something fishy and asked for an investigation. Just my opinion about Bovada/Bodog, and once again am glad I do not have to consider this site an option myself since I still live outside the US.

In response to wackyJaxon’s concerns, we just wanted to assure you that at Bovada we have a specialized team purely focused on issues such as collusion. From a player’s standpoint the anonymity factor does pose difficulties with identifying colluders; however, we have advanced security tools and a team that investigates issues proactively alongside those which are submitted to us. We are also committed to evolving our current security practices to ensure play at our tables is safe.

Please forward any situations that you may feel as suspicious as all concerns will be investigated. Bovada Customer Service can be reached by phone at 1-888-263-0000, or by email service@bovada.lv.
    Add Bovada Service to Rail
    Originally Posted by Bovada Service View Post

In response to wackyJaxon’s concerns, we just wanted to assure you that at Bovada we have a specialized team purely focused on issues such as collusion. From a player’s standpoint the anonymity factor does pose difficulties with identifying colluders; however, we have advanced security tools and a team that investigates issues proactively alongside those which are submitted to us. We are also committed to evolving our current security practices to ensure play at our tables is safe.

No offense to you or your company, but do you know how many cases of collusion have taken place (unbeknownst to the poker sites) that players have had to discover/make public? Not to mention the theft that has gone on by the poker sites/owners themselves (most notably UB) which Bodog/Bovada can now cover up very easily because of the anonymity. Sure you can publicly say that your company is honest and doesn't do this, but there's always going to be huge doubt within the poker community because of the changes you have implemented into your software. People in this industry are greedy, unethical, and will do anything to earn another dollar -- why would we believe your company is any different when you've made everything anonymous? Not to mention Bodog/bovada are so far behind in all aspects of their poker clients that I find it impossible to believe that you have some cool new security features to detect collusion better than, for instance, stars. I normally like to give the benefit of the doubt in life, but when a company in this industry does something like this it just wreaks of shadiness.

Please forward any situations that you may feel as suspicious as all concerns will be investigated. Bovada Customer Service can be reached by phone at 1-888-263-0000, or by email service@bovada.lv.

How will anyone be able to feel suspicious about anything when we can't determine who is who outside the scope of the current tournament/table? You are aware that cheating rings occur throughout multiple tables right?
    Add mapunk to Rail

I am not your target customer, since I have no reason to play on a US rake based site at the moment, however I don't know how one could make notes on suspicious activities when players are anonymous. It is very naive for any Poker Site to feel that with their detection software they will detect more player collusion than the players themselves will catch. Also, there have been plenty of scandals on sites previously that were only uncovered by players looking through and databasing many hand histories.

I understand that Bodog and Bovada will have a small loyal customer base that will blindly believe your statement, however, Bodog hasn't listened to customer issues for many years in terms of improving its poker room and its functionality. If it can't get simple issues like their tournament lobby straight, why would anyone believe that Bovada or Bodog has the best security out of any site including pokerstars. I don't think any site has a better security department than PokerStars and most of their collusion issues have been detected because someone has reported something to their security department to check out.

I avoid anonymous tables that are offerred on any Poker Site for this reason and others. I wouldn't play on Bovada anyway, so you don't have to address my issues. Microgaming and other networks that have anonymous tables at least give you the option to play on real tables if you don't want to play anonymously where you can analyze your game later on and also be on the look out with collusion by taking notes. I just feel if anonymous tables ever became the industry norm, the players are putting too much trust into the pokersites themselves and are setting themselves up to be victims of scamming and collusion.

Originally Posted by mapunk View Post

No offense to you or your company, but do you know how many cases of collusion have taken place (unbeknownst to the poker sites) that players have had to discover/make public? Not to mention the theft that has gone on by the poker sites/owners themselves (most notably UB) which Bodog/Bovada can now cover up very easily because of the anonymity. Sure you can publicly say that your company is honest and doesn't do this, but there's always going to be huge doubt within the poker community because of the changes you have implemented into your software. People in this industry are greedy, unethical, and will do anything to earn another dollar -- why would we believe your company is any different when you've made everything anonymous? Not to mention Bodog/bovada are so far behind in all aspects of their poker clients that I find it impossible to believe that you have some cool new security features to detect collusion better than, for instance, stars. I normally like to give the benefit of the doubt in life, but when a company in this industry does something like this it just wreaks of shadiness.

How will anyone be able to feel suspicious about anything when we can't determine who is who outside the scope of the current tournament/table? You are aware that cheating rings occur throughout multiple tables right?

Should have just quoted you since we seem to have the same opinion here. I feel bad for you that you are in the US, and one of your options for playing has basically taken themselves away from you if you want to feel comfortable on the felts. Hopefully some regulation in the US happens soon.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  17. Dont anonymous tables/players make it super super easy for bodog/bovada to create a "superuser" account like UB did? They could easily cheat every player on the network and no one would ever have proof

Add NG3434 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mahon78 View Post

I thought i made it clear in my post(though i think you get offended easy) im not attacking US players, im just saying i would not risk money on a site that allows US players to play illegally. If you want to get angry at something get angry at you laws on gambling

No offence meant but........No site " allows US players to play illegally". In fact, its not even ""illegal for US players to play on the internet.

What is illegal is the banks processing payments for "illegal internet gambling sites".........Look back at black Friday and note they seizures were not based on US players playing.

Oh....so, bite me/US
    Add Diver1 to Rail
    Originally Posted by NG3434 View Post

Dont anonymous tables/players make it super super easy for bodog/bovada to create a "superuser" account like UB did? They could easily cheat every player on the network and no one would ever have proof

Extremely easy to create a superuser and it would go completely undetected barring a disgruntled employee making something like this public. Like I said in my earlier post, given the reputation of companies in this industry there's zero chance I give them the benefit of the doubt here. I have no evidence for any bad intentions on their side, but you'd be soooo ignorant if you believed they aren't doing something shady with this update.
    Add mapunk to Rail
  20. I have a tough time believing anything to do with bovada is "advanced" they can't make a quick fold button work ffs
    Edited By: Counting Bodies Jan 5th, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Add Counting Bodies to Rail
  21. I can play on any site, you cant because of your laws, so bite me....... while i enjoy a game of poker

What is it with Americans, so touchy. You cant say anything without them taking offence.

Simply saying i don't feel safe playing on a site that allows US players and people start crying.
    Add Mahon78 to Rail

I can play on any site, you cant because of your laws, so bite me....... while i enjoy a game of poker

What is it with Americans, so touchy. You cant say anything without them taking offence.

Simply saying i don't feel safe playing on a site that allows US players and people start crying.

Cuz it's not much of your business. We need the traffic on merge, bodog can burn for all I care. Nobody cares that since you can play on legit sites that won't be shut down by the FBI. All your comment did was display a lack of intelligence, obviously it's more of a risk to play on US serving sites. For you to start fear mongering from Europe is lame. Mind your own business & leave us alone, stick to stars & we'll see you in a year or two.

We started all this for you anyway, quit acting above US players. Keep studying & playin also, I miss all the free $ from row players.
    Add bwalz to Rail
    Originally Posted by bwalz View Post

Cuz it's not much of your business. We need the traffic on merge, bodog can burn for all I care. Nobody cares that since you can play on legit sites that won't be shut down by the FBI. All your comment did was display a lack of intelligence, obviously it's more of a risk to play on US serving sites. For you to start fear mongering from Europe is lame. Mind your own business & leave us alone, stick to stars & we'll see you in a year or two.

We started all this for you anyway, quit acting above US players. Keep studying & playin also, I miss all the free $ from row players.

Thats right i forgot, it was only US players lost money over yous playing poker illegally. It didnt effect anyone else did it.

if i can play on a site that lets yous deposit money illegally then it is my business, and i want to know what site it is so i can stay away from them and not lose more when they get caught by the FBI too.

Enough people have been fucked over US players so please explain how my concern shows a lack of intelligence?
    Add Mahon78 to Rail

Thats right i forgot, it was only US players lost money over yous playing poker illegally. It didnt effect anyone else did it.

if i can play on a site that lets yous deposit money illegally then it is my business, and i want to know what site it is so i can stay away from them and not lose more when they get caught by the FBI too.

Enough people have been fucked over US players so please explain how my concern shows a lack of intelligence?

Umm, people haven't been paid by FTP because the company was badly run (or if you're a US government official it was a "Ponzi scheme"...however you wanna look at it). We did not lose our money because it was "illegal" to deposit onto the site. Notice everyone who played on stars got their money even though you consider it "illegal" to play there. ducy?
    Edited By: mapunk Jan 6th, 2012 at 01:59 AM
    Add mapunk to Rail

People were fucked over by FTP & UB/AP's lack of solid management and shady ownership, not the US players. The DOJ was only the catalyst here, but both these sites both weren't close in keeping balances seperate from customers from operating funds. I am not saying that its safe to play on rake based sites that accept US customers, but to blame US players themselves for you losing money is a stretch. There were plenty of other sites to choose from besides UB/AP/FTP that didn't accept US customers that you could have played on if you thought it had to do with US players rather than the risk that these sites were just underfunded.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  26. This Irish fella were arguing with has just joined here & this is the 1st thread he's participated in fwiw..
    Add bwalz to Rail

This Irish fella were arguing with has just joined here & this is the 1st thread he's participated in fwiw..

Ahh.....I missed that and it explains his ignorance.....Thanks.
    Add Diver1 to Rail
    Originally Posted by mapunk View Post

Extremely easy to create a superuser and it would go completely undetected barring a disgruntled employee making something like this public. Like I said in my earlier post, given the reputation of companies in this industry there's zero chance I give them the benefit of the doubt here. I have no evidence for any bad intentions on their side, but you'd be soooo ignorant if you believed they aren't doing something shady with this update.

if they are dumb enough to release this new version of their software, how could they be smart enough to catch cheaters?
    Add gjallen1975 to Rail
    Originally Posted by gjallen1975 View Post

if they are dumb enough to release this new version of their software, how could they be smart enough to catch cheaters?

Ya well said man. Short & to the point.
    Add bwalz to Rail

see you in a year or two.

More like in a five or ten.
    Add smithgraham to Rail