[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/

Anyone try this out yet? How glitchy is it? I imagine they will be expanding this worldwide, so wondering for initial opinions on this.
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail
  2. only supported on apple atm big fail

im a big fail
    Edited By: mcandrews3rd Feb 14th, 2012 at 04:58 PM
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
    Originally Posted by bradqwer View Post

when did this go live

I believe yesterday, but I could be wrong.
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Feb 14th, 2012 at 04:53 PM
    Thread StarterAdd wackyJaxon to Rail
  4. yeh i just posted in 2p2 asking if there was a live service for mobiles
    Add bradqwer to Rail
    Originally Posted by mcandrews3rd View Post

only supported on apple atm big fail

Looks like also for Androids.

http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/support/faq/#1
    Originally Posted by wackyJaxon View Post

Looks like also for Androids.

http://www.pokerstarsmobile.com/support/faq/#1

yeah the mobile site cant have been updated yet, going to download an check it out

pretty awesome on first impressions, can play anything you would on the normal site, can multitable pretty easily. just going to have to get a battery extension, atm i will run out of juice of at most an hour playing

very slick stars wp
    Edited By: mcandrews3rd Feb 14th, 2012 at 05:05 PM
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
  7. YEH thats what im gunna use, shame its uk player base only tho
    Add bradqwer to Rail

YEH thats what im gunna use, shame its uk player base only tho

Its only UK players they rolled it out to, you are still playing against other around the world.
  9. u sure i think i read it wrong then but im sure its uk v uk

ignore me yep full player pool
    Edited By: bradqwer Feb 14th, 2012 at 05:00 PM
    Add bradqwer to Rail

u sure i think i read it wrong then but im sure its uk v uk

ignore me yep full player pool

In the FAQ its the full player pool for anyone else curious

Q:What are the differences between games available on Mobile Poker and those on the computer-based software?

A:All real money and play money Hold'em and Omaha games are available on pokerstars Mobile Poker. When playing in the Mobile application, you will be playing with the same pool of players as those using their computer.

Edited By: wackyJaxon Feb 14th, 2012 at 05:07 PM
  11. This is definitely another big milestone for stars!

Lucky UK players, FML USA players!!!!
    Add ACheemz to Rail
  12. pokerstars announced it via press release this morning. We'll have a feature article for you guys about it later today. Looks like a great product from what we've seen so far.

Add Dan to Rail
  13. playing a live event on friday so can try out playing that while playing 1 or 2 tournaments on the mobile

first to ship a live and online mtt simultaneously deserves a badge imo
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
  14. Had a test on my A500 Android tablet, I can't believe how good it is.

Only downside is I lose my money more quickly

What I like about it is everything is one touch, very simple and easy to use
    Edited By: osborn99 Feb 14th, 2012 at 05:37 PM
    Add osborn99 to Rail
    Originally Posted by mcandrews3rd View Post

playing a live event on friday so can try out playing that while playing 1 or 2 tournaments on the mobile

first to ship a live and online mtt simultaneously deserves a badge imo

hehe, you probably can get an undertitle if you are the first to report a ship of a ps tourney on your i-phone, especially if you are playing live at the same time.
    Originally Posted by osborn99 View Post

Had a test on my A500 Android tablet, I can't believe how good it is.

Only downside is I lose my money more quickly

What I like about it is everything is one touch, very simple and easy to use

Is that tablet any good compared to say a xoom or the galexy tab??

Im thinking of buying one not sure which to go for tbh
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  17. Graphics look top notch and it seems to run with absolutley no problems. Gonna take a lot of my time up at work now I think :)
    Add McWilliams1 to Rail
  18. Why is it UK only?
    Add freeworld777 to Rail
  19. Just downloaded to my i-phone very impressed!!

Add Cookymonster198 to Rail
  20. Just tested it out on my iphone. only 1 tabled a HU but it looks pretty good. only prob with iphone is typing in your bets takes a while so multi tabling would be a bitch. however, very impressive and great addition to what they offer.

Add Sdanby to Rail
  21. Here's a little more information for those UK players who want to give the PokerStars Mobile client a whirl:

http://www.pocketfives.com/articles/...-in-UK-587166/

Add Dan to Rail
  22. Using for the odd game it seems great I wouldnt want to use it for a whole session and like others have said Battery is going to die quickly
    Add Ptrou to Rail
  23. This won't transform online poker, but it will have a huge impact on live poker, not sure if good or bad, more runners but more people will have their heads down on ipads and iphones... will this chase away those donks who like to show you what terrible hands they are getting dealt or tell you bad beat stories?

As for the software, unbelievable stars. The stars graphics designers have carried stars a long way since the beginning. Everything looks great.

My only change would be to be able to swipe away cards at the top to fold them when multi tabling, instead of having to click the table then click fold any
    Edited By: J10BLN Feb 14th, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Add J10BLN to Rail
    Originally Posted by J10BLN View Post

This won't transform online poker, but it will have a huge impact on live poker, not sure if good or bad, more running but more people will have their heads down on ipads and iphone... will this chase away those donks who like to show you what terrible hands they are getting dealt or tell you bad beat stories?

this is so true, could ruin live poker for alot of people

Add undaDISGUISE to Rail
  25. Well, i have to say, i just tried this out for 5 minutes after hearing about it after work, and wow, this app is just the dogs bolox. Cant believe how much effort has gone into this, when this goes worldwide, if it hasnt already, it will be huge in my opinion.

After downloading the client, within minutes i had a table up and running as smooth as using my own pc. Obviously i understand that net connections etc could hamper, but for my first go at using it, it ran as smoothly as my daughters bum!!

DJ
    Add DJDaveCee to Rail
  26. can't wait for it to arrive in NZ - boohoo

Add norv to Rail
  27. Has anyone used it extensivly yet, im currently on a self ban so cant use it dam hope april hurries up, opinions on wifi v 3G connection.
    Add bradqwer to Rail
  28. Wifi is more reliable than 3G, doesn't take up any of your dataplan, and you won't have to charge your battery as often. 3G, however, would allow you to play poker while on a road trip somewhere, when you aren't staying in 1 place, etc.
  29. my home wifi went down for like 2 minutes last night, but within 30seconds i was on my phone and didnt miss a hand...
    Add Ptrou to Rail