1. I know, Everything is just gone retardo imo.
    Add CANUKEH44 to Rail
  2. NOTHING still? seriously? this is getting a little fucking ridiculous.

Add Acanthopis to Rail
  3. not really already been over a year

Add R_Webb18 to Rail
  4. Well this is what happens when you have degenerates run poker sites
    Add nsj_tass to Rail
  5. I am following threads on the other forum. Basically it's the same shit different day scenario. It will probably continue that way for the next little while. WTF. What's another year or so.

Anyone else get that survey from Stars in their email? I got one this morning.
    Add CANUKEH44 to Rail
  6. There'll be no announcement until after the US Presedential elelection. Then I doubt a lame duck Holder DOJ would act. So if Romney wins it could be some time before this gets resolved. I could be wrong.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
    Originally Posted by rebelfd View Post

There'll be no announcement until after the US Presedential elelection. Then I doubt a lame duck Holder DOJ would act. So if Romney wins it could be some time before this gets resolved. I could be wrong.

I think this issue isn't important enough to the general public to be affected by something like that. I know all cable news talks about is how everything's political these days, but that mostly applies to stuff that people actually care about. This is the kind of thing that would go under most people's radar.

Add Adam to Rail
  8. Like I said Adam I could be wrong. You make some good points. I hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later.
    Add rebelfd to Rail
  9. No shit, there hasn't been any sort of update in a while. I would think DOJ or a state is holding up negotations. I highly doubt this will wait until after the elections before anyone will make an update. As Adam was saying, the topic just isn't mainstream.
    Add agilles to Rail
    Originally Posted by agilles View Post

No shit, there hasn't been any sort of update in a while. I would think DOJ or a state is holding up negotations. I highly doubt this will wait until after the elections before anyone will make an update. As Adam was saying, the topic just isn't mainstream.

Yeah, for some reason Kentucky keeps popping up but who knows?
    Add CANUKEH44 to Rail
  11. everyone just needs to think of it being over, because as of now it is we haven't heard anything from the 3 parties (stars tilt doj) that says they're even trying to make a deal so everyone just needs to let it all go its been a year probably like 99% of players have less than life changing money on that site and for those of us who had our whole roll on there well you have all had a year now to get it back. so just let it all go and move on and if we do get our money back than we do.
    Add sssssssivarT to Rail
  12. Rumors from random sources say there will be some kind of special announcement around the start the main event. Probably a load of BS but here's to hope.
    Add oneonth3run to Rail
    Originally Posted by oneonth3run View Post

Rumors from random sources say there will be some kind of special announcement around the start the main event. Probably a load of BS but here's to hope.

heres to ur completely vague and pointless post
    Add ShyGuy03533 to Rail
  14. heres to heresay
    Add tvpokerfan to Rail
  15. Here's some more official here-say, a new article that just came out apparently. More of the same, a bit of new/supposedly current but..

http://www.rakebackcodes.com/news/51...ilt-poker.html
    Add bwalz to Rail
  16. when this story was first reported the estimated cost of buying FTP was ~$700 million or something near it

i continue to be amazed that people think a near billion dollar transaction involving distressed debt and the DOJ would be done in just a few months. i understand people are anxious to get their money/play on ftp, as am i, but be realistic people.

there will be news when there is news.
    Edited By: Goldenad Jun 22nd, 2012 at 01:41 AM

Add Goldenad to Rail
  17. personally really doubt this is happening, for stars to invest 700 million into this, they must have like a 10-20 year long plan for the site

given that they have the no.1 online site already and plenty of live tournament series giving them loads of profit why they would invest so much money in such a long term investment baffles me

they would make a ton more investing in other things, so really dont know why they would do this

all that being said i really hope it does happen
    Add mcandrews3rd to Rail
  18. I really doubt it doesn't happen (as in I feel strongly it will happen). But billion dollar deals just don't happen overnight. And I'm sure there won't be much news until it closes

Add Adam to Rail
    Originally Posted by bwalz View Post

Here's some more official here-say, a new article that just came out apparently. More of the same, a bit of new/supposedly current but..

http://www.rakebackcodes.com/news/51...ilt-poker.html

That same guy Chinamniac was booted from the 2+2 thread about this topic. Looks like he found someone he could convince he actually knew facts.

I hope its true a bout stars buying FTP but I'm not going to hold my breath. Regardless of how much you have locked up there it will take at least another year before everyone is paid IMO and it might not even happen. Like Adam said, big deals like this don't happen overnight.
    Add C_Bomb to Rail
  20. At this point I'll consider myself fortunate if we get paid in autumn

Add lunarphase to Rail
  21. i dont think stars even has a plan for full tilt anymore. they would have no reason to allow a tarnished name to stay in business. they would simply buy it to give the poker community a warm and cozy feeling when they get their money back, as well as the rights to any proprietary technology or concepts that ftp would own, that could come back to haunt stars in a lawsuit(zoom poker), or games that stars would eventually like to have like cashouts or other silly ftp exclusive tournaments. at first I wondered how stars would have both sites going, but now am starting to just think they see their investment being in owning all their client base forcing them to play on stars, all the other shit i mentioned, and for the fact that this stain on the poker industry gets dead and buried
    Add downbylaw11 to Rail
  22. I can feel it's gonna be announced during the main event. I just know it....
    Add Boofer to Rail
  23. Still haven't used my one time....
    Add scottypimpin1 to Rail
  24. Breaking news, I just heard that McDonalds is buying a chain of food stores for a good price, the stores have a bit of a bad reputation as a few dozen of their previous customers died from food poisoning, no biggie, McDonalds has an excellent reputation and I'm sure they can turn the now defunct food chain around.
    Add elendil to Rail
  25. Sick news is it jack in the box? been hopin they would come back to chicagoland. U got a link to that mcdonalds story bro?
    Add frizzlefry777 to Rail
    Originally Posted by elendil View Post

Breaking news, I just heard that McDonalds is buying a chain of food stores for a good price, the stores have a bit of a bad reputation as a few dozen of their previous customers died from food poisoning, no biggie, McDonalds has an excellent reputation and I'm sure they can turn the now defunct food chain around.

I doubt pokerstars is doing this to turn around Full Tilt, moreso just to keep Isai out out prison so he can travel, see family, etc, which he currently can't do.
    Add scottypimpin1 to Rail
  27. This is been going on long time now. Like 2 cars speeding towards in each in a game of chicken. I'm sure they are in talks about a settlement but at some point the DOJ will have to take them to court if they want some money.

I would think it has to cost less to settle with the DOJ then to buyout FT but the question is what is the spread? $400m to settle with DOJ or $750m to buyout FT with settlement? If that was the case then why bother to buy them out, wait for them to fold up shop and buy them in bankrupcty.

It is a ton a of money as well so Stars need to have all that cash in place to cover all player deposits as per terms of their license. It's kinda hard when you are the owners sitting on 100's of million of profit just turning that money over on a risky bet. They might well be thinking to just let things run it's course through the courts for the next 5 years while they collect more profit.
    Add realpokerpro to Rail
  28. I think that the punishment is 1billion$
    Add MahaGonY to Rail
    Originally Posted by MahaGonY View Post

I think that the punishment is 1billion$

So FTP is 1/2 the size of Stars of gets fine almost nothing while Stars would get 1 billion? Ya sounds like bad deal to me which would give plenty of reason to hold out for better deal.

My theory is that FTP gets bought out for the cash they owe player which was reported around $390 million but counting the cash on the balance sheet the net purchase would be $325 million. Then they give the DOJ around $50-$100 million to call everything even.

The last piece of the puzzle is FTP owners agreeing the deal which they want either no jail time or slap on the wrist with of course the DOJ letting them keep all the money they stole so far which is the only reason they been working so hard for any deal to get done.
    Add realpokerpro to Rail
  30. Well it turns out there was an "announcement" before the start of the Main Event (Bitar turning himself in + DOJ admitting on paper that Stars is negotiating to buy them out). Let's hope it goes through very soon and we all have either a Christmas in July or at least an early Christmas present.
    Edited By: oneonth3run Jul 7th, 2012 at 08:33 AM
    Add oneonth3run to Rail