[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

  1. is the word stars will return US players $$ and not the DOJ?
     
    Add SyphonSoul to Rail
  2.  
    Originally Posted by MarkFSU1 View Post

    i dont understand the monopoly argument. what has changed from yesterday or the past 12 months with no ftp? why is this any different now then it has been for the past 12 months (or whatever date it was when agcc pulled the license of ftp)?

    You're mostly right, but it solidifies their monopoly. They already have a gigantic one. Now they have an even bigger one and have eliminated one of the most likely opportunities for anyone to substantially compete with them in the near future
     
    Add Adam to Rail
  3. http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...keT_story.html


    Posted 45 seconds ago by the Washinton Post
    Add Diver1 to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by SyphonSoul View Post

    is the word stars will return US players $$ and not the DOJ?

    That appears to be the case
     
    Add Adam to Rail
  5. ^^ wow. huge bonus
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  6. another rumour that will drag on and on
     
    Add McBain74 to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by Adam View Post

    You're mostly right, but it solidifies their monopoly. They already have a gigantic one. Now they have an even bigger one and have eliminated one of the most likely opportunities for anyone to substantially compete with them in the near future

    it doesnt change much now, but i would have changed if sb else bought FT poker.
     2
    Add flashdisastr to Rail
  8.  
    Originally Posted by MarkFSU1 View Post

    i dont understand the monopoly argument. what has changed from yesterday or the past 12 months with no ftp? why is this any different now then it has been for the past 12 months (or whatever date it was when agcc pulled the license of ftp)?

    if FTP comes back, i think it is safe to say that not only will people come out of the woodwork to play there who have largely been dormant over the last year, but people will also migrate away from ipoker, ladbrokes, party, 888, ongame, and all of the other smaller euro sites back to FTP.

    the net % of people NOT playing stars/ftp will decrease significantly, and history has shown monopolies are problematic. adam si welcome to argue that CS will be fine and that increasing rake may be suicidal. this is a perfectly fine argument. however i think if they up rake by a small percentage people are satill going to pay if the prizepools are huge. id rather play a $100+10 mtt with a 100k guarantee on stars than a $100+9 and a 15k guarantee on XYZ poker. i'd also be considered with a stagnant VIP player program and just a general lack of innovation. competition breeds innovation.
     
    Add Goldenad to Rail
  9.  
    Originally Posted by Goldenad View Post

    competition breeds innovation.

    Exactly. Where we stand to suffer as a community is through lack of incentive to continue to innovate. That very innovation brought us the VIP program to begin, as well as things like Rush Poker and Home Games
     
    Add Adam to Rail
  10. Kind of curious as to why FTP/DOJ would be so intent on paying back the ROW in <90 days.

    Also, is 750MM what Tapie was paying or what is the difference between deals?
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  11. ships and binks 4 everyone!
    Add RexxHoles to Rail
  12. What we should all take from this is that pokerq4 is an unreliable website.
    Add djdoodoo to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by eduardoamigo View Post

    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up but....

    Apparently this is true paying $750M for it, securing $300M in players funds and a payout to the DoJ.

    I wondered what happened to GBT, then there was this statement.

    GBT: "our efforts to obtain final DoJ approval to acquire the assets of Full Tilt Poker have ended without success"

    This would make sense because he probably couldn't secure any US licenses in any case because of his slightly shady past with FC Marseille and Adidas. The Willam Hill Group is also having problems getting an online Nevada license because of the level of scrutiny needed.

    I strongly suspect though that FTP would be a US based online provider since most of its accounts were in the US. There is no need for Stars to have 2 global companies but it would also shore up any competition.

    Your thoughts please.

    This would make sense because he probably couldn't secure any US licenses in any case because of his slightly shady past with FC Marseille and Adidas

    what happened with mars and addidas?
     
    Add rorio to Rail
  14. I have a hard time believing all of this could be true but shaundeeb just made an interesting post

    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...stars-1197578/
    Add BigOrangeFan to Rail
  15. one time, Lee
    Add Reech to Rail
  16. that would be one absurd and cruel level if it is a level...
    Add kmc28 to Rail
  17. f me

    i only read 2 pages and my head already hurts from that format
    Add Prestonluv to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by BigOrangeFan View Post

    I have a hard time believing all of this could be true but shaundeeb just made an interesting post

    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...stars-1197578/

    claims ftp will be in the us market .....ok tht is a bold statement just not sure how thts possible,maybe its the general plan of things by poker stars .................very interesting stuff


    poker stars should do the ultimate bet and absolutely buy ap/ub......become true kings of poker
     1
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  19.  
    Originally Posted by double_kyan View Post

    claims ftp will be in the us market .....ok tht is a bold statement just not sure how thts possible,maybe its the general plan of things by poker stars .................very interesting stuff

    Yeah seems pretty dubious to me.
     
    Add boneralert to Rail
  20.  
    Originally Posted by BigOrangeFan View Post

    I have a hard time believing all of this could be true but shaundeeb just made an interesting post

    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...stars-1197578/

    hold!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Add bustyou79 to Rail
  21. Heres what I'm thinking.. With all of the states moving forward in different directions, would the doj possibly shortcut the whole thing (especially after the wire act reversal) and let ps/FTP the big guys work directly under and for the fed govt blocking out the states for everybody's best interest? Maybe I didn't explain it well but the logic behind deeb's post sorta fits with me..?
    Edited By: bwalz Apr 24th, 2012 at 08:47 PM
    Add bwalz to Rail
  22.  
    Originally Posted by bwalz View Post

    Heres what I'm thinking.. With all of the states moving forward in different directions, would the doj possibly shortcut the whole thing (especially after the wire act reversal) and let ps/FTP the big guys work directly under and for the fed govt blocking out the states for everybody's best interest? Maybe I didn't explain it well but the logic behind deeb's post sorta fits with me..?

    The DOJ doesnt write or pass laws, they only enforce them. They cant unilaterally create such a structure.
     
    Add boneralert to Rail
  23. ffs whenwillitend
     
    Add Iplaythabored to Rail
  24. Apart from business reasons you all have missed an obvious reason why Pokerstars would want to buy out FT. That is the fact that there is an arrest warrant out for the Pokerstars' bigwig who is hiding somewhere in Israel. A clever way of avoiding jail and resuming business I'd say!
    Edited By: Zog Buster Apr 24th, 2012 at 09:03 PM
    Add Zog Buster to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by MarkFSU1 View Post

    http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/corpor...3438.html#more

    well, Stars surely isnt saying no


    AGREED THEY DON'T COMMENT ON RUMORS BUT THEY WOULD DEF SAY NO TO ONE THAT ISN'T TRUE

    sorry caps
     1
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  26. If this is true, its not good for poker in the long run.
    Add ApesAreFun to Rail
  27. Finally some news that gives u.s. players some real hope for getting our ftp rolls soon. Can't wait til the official announcement comes out.
     
    Add lunarphase to Rail
  28.  
    Originally Posted by ApesAreFun View Post

    If this is true, its not good for poker in the long run.

    it seems like there are only 2 ways... 1. PS doesn't buy FTP and probably noone ever does
    2. PS buys FTP and we see our money, and tbh nothing else really changes... i prefer the second option... i cant see how the 1st scenario can be better in the long run
     
    Add Josek to Rail