One of the most frequent questions that comes up regarding rakeback is whether or not it is possible to convert an existing account into a rakeback account. We'll try to answer the most common questions about that here:
1) I signed up to Full Tilt without rakeback. Can I still get rakeback? The answer to this question is that there are situations where it is possible but under most circumstances it isn't. That said, see the following:
- If your account is less than a week old - Don't waste time, and please contact our rakeback support (email@example.com) immediately to see if you can be retagged! Often Full Tilt will be willing to change you to a rakeback affiliate under these circumstances.
- Otherwise - We recommend emailing Full Tilt support and asking to be put on a list for rakeback. It's far from a guarantee, but Full Tilt does sometimes move non-rakeback players to their in house rakeback program at RakeBackPros.com. You wouldn't have access to special promotions like our monthly freeroll and rake race, but you may at least be able to get rakeback.
2) I have an old account on Full Tilt (or another poker room). Can I make a new one with rakeback? On the vast majority of poker rooms (including Full Tilt), signing up a new account is a violation of the Terms of Service. We don't encourage any players to violate those Terms, and from our knowledge it is highly possible that doing so will result in closure of the new account and possibly a seizure of funds.
3) Is there ever an opportunity to convert an existing non-rakeback account into a rakeback account? These opportunities do arise from time to time, and we strive to make our readers aware if there is a way to become a PocketFives Rakeback player with an existing account. Generally it is very difficult if not impossible to obtain rakeback on a poker site after having already signed up an account on that site. That said, if you would like to try and get this done, email us via our Rakeback Support Page and we will see if there's anything we can do to help.
4) Why do some players get rakeback, while others do not? The idea of rakeback was not originally designed by poker sites. Outside entities called affiliates are paid by poker sites to bring new players into their games. Some of these affiliates are on a revenue sharing plan, where they receive x% of the revenue generated by their referrals. Several years ago, some affiliates had the idea to give back a chunk of their percentage to the players as an incentive for those players to sign up through their links. Hence rakeback was born, and players who signed up through that type of affiliate received this added benefit. Though the system may seem unfair to players who have signed up without rakeback, those players do have the option of taking their business to a competing poker site where they are able to receive the benefits they prefer.
5) What is RakeBackPros? Full Tilt has implemented a system by which some non-rakeback players are able to get on a list and sometimes eventually obtain rakeback. This system is unrelated to the PocketFives Rakeback System, and we encourage players to contact Full Tilt directly if you have questions about it. Moreover, we stress to all players that the best way by far to ensure you get rakeback is to initially sign up through a rakeback affiliate, such as PocketFives Rakeback.
6) I believe I signed up at some point through a link on the main PocketFives site. Can I now receive rakeback on the account I created? Unfortunately this is usually not possible. PocketFives Rakeback has special affiliate accounts that allow for players to receive back a percentage of their rake, and it's imperative if you wish to receive rakeback that you sign up directly through the PocketFives Rakeback subdomain to be tracked to one of these accounts. Poker sites generally have very strict policies about not "re-tagging" a player to an affiliate after they have signed up, and even though you may have clicked through a link on P5s, it doesn't mean that your account would be affiliated in a way that would allow you to receive rakeback through this program. That said, once again we encourage you to email us via our RB Support Page, and we will see if there is any way to help.
In summary, the only way to be assured rakeback through any of our offers is to follow our instructions exactly when signing up. In almost all cases, our offers are exclusively limited to NEW ACCOUNTS who sign up through PocketFives Rakeback.
We'll add more questions to this FAQ if we see them arising frequently in the forum. Thanks for reading!