[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Everyone has their own story of a bad beat or a "rigged" site. how the 1-outer or the impossible becomes Possible. Most situations it involves a player or avatar that is assumed to be a donk by the selection of cards played and the style in which played. Usually high vpip and barely calling a flop once they miss with their Q,8suited. That would be a normal expectation of a donk....Let me set a scene for those who may read this;

I was involved in a hand the other day where all things seemed ridiculous. I was soo tilted afterward and inevitably went al in the very next hand with my small 2 figure chip stack.

It was a 3k turbo on Bovada Poker ($11 buyin). It was about 40mins into the tourney and I was sitting at around 45BBs and the person in question was sitting at around 42-43BBs. I woke up with Rockets in BB. The person in question was in SB and was to act with noone in the hand...He raised 5x, i reraised 5x on top of him and he reraised Again but much smaller. It seemed real weird and I figured if he had Rockets too then i could hope for a split. So I put in another raise putting him all-in and he/she called all-in.

He turns over 9s,4h. The flop missed and the turn gave him a gutshot straight where coincidentally the river made his straight

I wish i still had the hand history but i was soo confused and steaming that I just went and got some fresh air.

Why would you risk all your chips on 43ish BBs preflop with 9,4???!!!! I could see 3betting if you have a read on someone but not battling with 9,4 and early in a tourney with a comfortable stack...seems a bit unecessary. So that was One situation.

The aforementioned hand happened the day after I made two cashouts. The week before that I won 3 tourneys and made prolly 80% FTs...it was unreal but I was playing premium cards and squeezing in good spots. it felt real to me since I wasnt playing with cards like 9,4 and sucking out...but of course I wouldnt feel comfortable putting my entire stack in the middle preflop with 9,4.

I cashed out two times, and still havent received the checks but ever since those cashouts I've had ridiculous situations like the one above. All-in on a hand with someone who has no reason to be in the hand...OOP and ridiculous cards getting it all in against my PKs or PAs...even PQs was another and the person called with 7,3off. flop runner runner quad 3s....gross.

Hands where 6 out of 9 ppl in the hand have a pocket pair. AA, KK, QQ, TT, AK, and one guy in late position with 22 and he called after 5 all-ins....I think you can predict the outcome. board came like this; 2KQJ2. only the PTs was short stacked...everyone else had around 30BBs...noone in the blinds in this hand.

4 card straights, 4 card flushes beating trips....it ALL happens. Players raising and getting reraised, then reraising and then folding when they need 200 more chips to call the persons all-in....3k invested and you cant dump another 200 to showdown??? come on!

BOVADA TAGS PLAYERS WHO FREQUENTLY CASHOUT AND TAKE MONEY OUT OF CIRCULATION. BOVADA'S SECURITY TEAM DOESNT EXIST AND THE SOFTWARE ALLOWS COLLUDERS....IT'S ANONYMOUS FOR A REASON...NOBODY BELIEVES ITS TO PIONEER ONLINE POKER...TAKE THE EDGE AWAY FROM THE SHARKS?? BS....IT'S TO ALLOW ALL THE SHADY CRAP WITHOUT BEING FINGERED WITH BLAME.

Lets see how many ppl post on this thread with the same crap
    Add usmarine1886 to Rail
  2. wow you've got me convinced

Add Sweet Call to Rail
  3. wow, AA losing, can't remember the last time that happened to me
    Add pokerproplaya08 to Rail
  4. i read the whole thing
    Add sirswish6 to Rail
    Originally Posted by sirswish6 View Post

i read the whole thing

first paragraph for me ------------------>badbeats
    Add aupoker1 to Rail
  6. 1,712,304 games 0.002 secs 856,152,000 games/sec

Board:
    Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
    Hand 0: 13.027% 12.87% 00.16% 220331 2724.50 { 9h4s }
    Hand 1: 86.973% 86.81% 00.16% 1486524 2724.50 { AcAd }

First time I've used Pokerstove in about 9 months I think. *dies a little more on the inside*
    Edited By: TpocketT Jan 12th, 2012 at 04:22 AM
    Add TpocketT to Rail
    Originally Posted by sirswish6 View Post

i read the whole thing

i read until "PKs or PAs...even PQs" (L O L), but should have stopped earlier.
    Add RedIceRap to Rail
  8. 80% FTs....Damn you must be good
    Add mapunk to Rail
  9. WOW I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME THINGS HAPPEN TO ME AND HAVE BEEN SUSPECTING BOTTING SINCE I CASHED OUT A MONTH AGO AFTER MAKING 5009$ ON THE CASH TABLES FIRST IT WAS IN 5-10 I HAD AK AND FLOP CAME OUT ADKDKS I BET 50$ AND HE GOES ALL IN FOR 1239 OBVIOUSLY I CALL TURN QS RIVER10S HE HAD J9SS SOMEHOW HE WINS 2780 POT OFF ME HOW HAS ANYONE NOT NOTICED THIS AND REPORTED THEM TO KANAWAKEE
    Add tedSTRETCH to Rail
    Originally Posted by mapunk View Post

80% FTs....Damn you must be good

Lol I was thinking that too. You must've been playing great and not on a heater. And they must be cheating and not you just running bad.
    Add Sir to Rail
    Originally Posted by tedSTRETCH View Post

WOW I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME THINGS HAPPEN TO ME AND HAVE BEEN SUSPECTING BOTTING SINCE I CASHED OUT A MONTH AGO AFTER MAKING 5009$ ON THE CASH TABLES FIRST IT WAS IN 5-10 I HAD AK AND FLOP CAME OUT ADKDKS I BET 50$ AND HE GOES ALL IN FOR 1239 OBVIOUSLY I CALL TURN QS RIVER10S HE HAD J9SS SOMEHOW HE WINS 2780 POT OFF ME HOW HAS ANYONE NOT NOTICED THIS AND REPORTED THEM TO KANAWAKEE

poty... oh and confirmed rigged

Add get-raised21 to Rail
  12. Wow so ur are the guy i laid out with my fav hand. I play 4-9 every time since im a 49er fan.....Its my favorite hand!!! Gotta play your lucky hand, right?

I also play 6-8 off(birthday) and it seems like every time i fold J2 the flop comes jj2, so i always play that too

Come to think of it, i dont really fold much

I will have to see how my luck changes after a cashout like you......if i ever manage to cashout......

lol
    Add jackal454 to Rail
  13. Cliffs Notes: After running hot for several weeks and cashing out, you lose $11 on one bad beat.
    Add 13inches to Rail
  14. cool story bro!
    Add WWF2012 to Rail
  15. thread completely delivers
    Add KingTriton to Rail
  16. Not taking OP seriously with his low post count and bad beat stories I have seen no evidence of Bovada being rigged or any truth to anything you posted OP. Also all the cap locks in the title and OP make me think you can't take a bad beat and are angry at the world for losing in a $11 mtt that no one else cares about.

Add kevmode to Rail
  17. I always have to fold pocket KK's on Bovada because someone always has Rockets. Or they have JJ's and they hit trips on the river.

Or like when the flop is 953 and someone bets and I have KK's and I reraise they always hit trip JJJ's or QQQ's on 4th street.

KK's are the worst hand in poker.
    Edited By: KingTriton Jan 12th, 2012 at 05:17 AM
    Add KingTriton to Rail
  18. Glad to see a serious response mode. I know u get tons of heat here but ur respectable n my book fwiw lol. Your stats don't lie, I see you as sort of the Hellmuth around here. Not trolling I'm serious, & I respect Phil also he's just a bit weird. The also respectable Ted had me a bit concerned since I haven't seen him troll much.

Side q kevmode, I'm curious what u consider or what is a respectable post count?
    Add bwalz to Rail
  19. Gents,

The numbers mean nothing to me in this situation. I'm not concerned with that...What im concerned with is...who in their right mind will go all-in preflop sitting on a cushion of chips with 4,9?? I've seen ppl go all-in preflop with a bunch of weird hands and hit miracle one-outers on the river. I understand the numbers, it's just when someone is in the hand who clearly shouldnt be...sucks out. When that happens a ridiculous amount of times...it gets fishy. All of it together is what is the issue...not just One hand where rockets get cracked by a garbage hand.

I get the 49er thing...whatever...it might be a lucky hand. But it happens a lot, with the same person or "number" in a tourney too. if you get cracked and then see the person later playin with similar crappy cards and hitting when they shouldnt be in the hand in the first place... if it was someone really playing poker they would be folding that garbage preflop of even the worst of donks will fold on the turn to a considerable raise with gutshot outs. I get its only a $11 tourney, prolly more donks there than a $162...but ive seen it at the 100k sunday tourney too. its sad and im not the first.

you know what else is sad...the guys that get on here and talk trash when given the same situation they would have a change of mind or atleast "doubt" what is going on.

And the ones who are commenting in mockery...most likely dont play on bovada very often. Play for a week in 3 tourneys or less at one time and come back and say you havent seen some crazy shiz
    Thread StarterAdd usmarine1886 to Rail
  20. Leavem alone theres not much else to do in Nebraska...
    Add DoubleUp28 to Rail
  21. i agree with you op, online poker is %$%****@#$#$%******. QED

Add norv to Rail
  22. flame me if you want,but almost sames things happend to me,on bovada,with AA!

Add GutShotBen to Rail
  23. google: "*insert any poker site* is rigged."

did u ever have a several-months downswing? there are moments u just wanna die cause of that stupid game. just need to accept that the game is cruel sometimes to stay alive. play 1-2 million hands, record them in pokertracker and 1. u wont give a shit about ur aces being cracked and 2. u have proof that there's something wrong. doubt anybody who claimed a site is rigged had evidence. OP ure just one of the thousands of players, that's why nobody takes this serious here.

look at this: http://www.pocketfives.com/f12/i-mean-normal-492340/

this ALWAYS keeps me motivated! one of the best players of all time is crying about bad beats like two years ago while having like over a million in profits... i hope this thread never will be deleted and many people see this as motivation.

most people just fail at poker cause they cant take the beats and arent mentally fit for it. and also many think it's free money and enter this world with unrealistic expectations. some of them realize that there's hard work behind this, but most of them, i'd say over 95% will forever stay that "free money" (that they wanted to get) for other players, who actually worked hard on their game.
    Add RedIceRap to Rail
  24. I wish I could play stars and FTP again and complain its rigged :(
    Add Sir to Rail
  25. <repost>
    Edited By: zephyr Jan 15th, 2012 at 05:26 AM
    Add zephyr to Rail
  26. No matter how well you describe the situation, anecdotal evidence of a rigged poker site always sounds like whining. I'm sure even Scott Tom's victims sounded like donks when they complained. I see idiots suck out all the time, but sometimes I'm the idiot so I take the good with the bad.

Your description doesn't make much sense though. You say "He raised 5x, i reraised 5x on top of him and he reraised Again but much smaller". This could mean that he raised 5BB and you raised back to 10BB, but then there's no way he could "[raise] Again but much smaller" since the minimum he could raise you would be to 15BB. It could also mean he raised to 5BB and you raised back, 5x his bet, to 25BB, but then his min-raise would be to 45BB, which by your description, would put you both all in.

Now, you could mean that he raised to 5BB, you raised to 10BB, then he raised to 20BB and you put him all in. This would most likely make him your run-of-the-mill idiot. There's a camp of idiots that think they're pot-committed when half of their chips are in. There's another camp that seems to like their odds with small cards against big ones. It's possible he has genes from each. It sounds to me like he tried to pick up the BB and then was hoping you'd fold to the 4 bet and then felt pot-committed. If the explanation is a choice between you simply ran up against someone with enough stupidity for 2 people who sucked out, or that Bovada would risk all those legitimate profits being implicated in a cheating scandal by influencing your $11 MTT, I'll side with Ockham.

My concern with Bovada is that I requested a 100% payout a week after they changed from Bodog (because I hate the new software), and I'm still waiting. They also reduced my payout by $10 for some reason. I'm not positive if that was a bonus they gave me that I hadn't earned yet, or if it actually belonged to me. Since they didn't bother explaining why they did that, I reserve the right to believe it's mine.
    Add zephyr to Rail
  27. You arent pot committed after putting in half your stack?
    Add Sir to Rail
  28. I have said for years that (some if not all) poker sites rig the deal for many reasons, with the main one being, holding and keeping the majority of our money in their hands! And for years people have told me that is stupid because they make money from fees for services provided. That they keep our money segregated and wouldn’t dare consider playing with it. So I have always thought, ok, if they are not using/playing with my BR then why wouldn’t they allow me to cash out completely, in a reasonable amount of time. I can deposit in about 60 seconds. Bovada has basically come forward and admitted what many of us knew all along. The system is rigged (they have not admitted to rigging the cards, yet!) to move bankrolls around. This reduces overall frequency of cash outs, attracts fresh deposits and controls revenue.

I’ll just let Jonas Odman, VP Bodog Network explain it to you. “We have decided to introduce Anonymous Tables across all tables, both cash game and tournament tables. This is perfectly in line with Bodog Recreational Poker Model, our strategy of focusing on net depositing players. The anonymity will protect them by creating a more level playing field. This will mean that net depositing players get more entertainment for their money which will increase player retention.”

I for one think poker should be played by the rules, nothing more and nothing less. I believe that any attempt to create “a level playing field” or “fair poker” is rigging the game. They feel it’s necessary to “create” something that “protects” players, from what, loosing? And what happens when a “net depositing, recreational” player starts winning? Will that be considered “fair” to those who are still “net depositing”? How will they adjust for that? Maybe I don’t totally understand what “net depositing” actually means but I am sure I know what it is not! I am pretty sure the Battlers, Puffers and Perverts (you too Ted) playing Merge do not fall into this category. And they don’t win primarily because they use data tracking software.

More from Jonas; “Player tracker tools and HUD’s are net depositing players’ biggest enemy, and we are now effectively stopping these from ever working on our software again. We will lose some users of these tools but that is only going to create a better environment for the net depositing players who are actually the ones generating the revenue through their deposits.” I knew one day an insider would eventually admit this.

Seriously, is that what any poker player really wants, even “net depositing recreational players”? They really want to just swap dollars? Not become better, winning players? It’s pretty amazing to me what Bodog’s VP is saying here. It’s like, here, try this new garbage. It sucks for you but it’s much easier for us to control revenue! And you net depositors will love it! Of course none of this proves they are involved in actually rigging the deal, employing bots or super users. But, I mean what is the logical next step? When the winners are gone there will obviously be new winners from the old “net depositing” pool. Then what?

Jonas again; “In the poker forums (winning) players are furious which I can understand—like most predators they are not the best suited to look after an eco-system. WTF? Is it just me, that’s pretty offensive stuff if you are one of the long time Bodog winning players (I am not). Aren’t they telling you, We’ve made enough off you so get lost? So, will there or will there not be winners in the new “eco-system”? Is it not the very nature of a poker player to be a predator? There are fairly simple rules for poker games. Isn’t the best way (only way) to protect that eco-system to just make sure that these rules are applied evenly and consistently across the system, for all comers? I want to play better players. I learn from getting my ass kicked! Recreational players can find lots of games with other net depositors by simply playing within his or her bankroll. I want to grow my bankroll and move up the ladder. I don’t see how that concept fits Bovada’s eco system.

People have argued that poker sites are trust worthy because they have stock holders and investors to answer to. No Shit! These investors don’t like a run on the bank (withdraws, cash outs), they expect revenues and holdings to grow (deposits)! They are bottom line people, predators you might say! Jonas again “We have talked about Bodog Recreational PokerModel for over two years” “The only way to grow poker is to attract more recreational players and to give them a good player experience. That is what Bodog Recreation Poker Model is all about” A good player experience? Really? I guess they really mean a recreational net depositing player experience, whatever the hell that is.

Here is my Bovada story. I haven’t played Bodog in a while but when I heard the buzz about Bovada, well, being the sucker I am, I had to try it. Made a $50 deposit, started winning immediately! (Never won much on Bodog) Within about a dozen or so tourneys was up around 900 bucks with my largest cash like $650. After the 650 cash, sht hit the fan! Net Depositors 234, 004, 126, 087 have that money now. (Or had it!) No need for details, you all know the drill. I have removed Bovada from my computer. Actually I have my own little “eco-system” now so that I can play in virtual anonymity. I play at least 6 different Merge skins!

If you like this Bovada crap, enjoy. But have you tried Zinga or ClubWPT? Bovada is a virtual deviant, barely resembling what we know as poker!

Last word from Jonas; “Money can only leave a poker eco system in two ways: through rake and withdrawals. Winning players are withdrawing players, and as a poker network our revenue will increase the fewer withdrawing players we have.

I rest my case.

http://calvinayre.com/2011/09/23/pok...oker-software/
    Edited By: G2thV Jan 15th, 2012 at 05:40 PM
    Add G2thV to Rail
    Originally Posted by zephyr View Post

My concern with Bovada is that I requested a 100% payout a week after they changed from Bodog (because I hate the new software), and I'm still waiting. They also reduced my payout by $10 for some reason. I'm not positive if that was a bonus they gave me that I hadn't earned yet, or if it actually belonged to me. Since they didn't bother explaining why they did that, I reserve the right to believe it's mine.

If you are still waiting on your payout and the issue hasn't been resolved, can you please PM us your account details so that we can have someone look into this for you?

Also, anyone with feedback on the Poker software - feel free to send it directly to Bovada Customer Service service@bovada.lv.
    Edited By: Bovada Service Jan 17th, 2012 at 01:26 AM
    Add Bovada Service to Rail
    Originally Posted by Bovada Service View Post

Also, anyone with feedback on the Poker software - feel free to send it directly to Bovada Customer Service bovada@service.lv.

With all due respect, I doubt an email to customer service is more than a waste of time relating to the software considering there is ample negative feedback on here and 2+2 about the ridiculousness of the software especially how it relates to anonymous players. It is the opinion of many players, that anonymous players will only lead to more cheating since most of the cheating is reported by the players themselves based on patterns they have seen amongst players across more than 1 tournament/sng/cash game. I don't think this will change by emailing or calling Customer Service based on the lack of good feedback on getting some software fixes on Bodog (and now Bovada) in the past and the stubborness of Bodog and Bovada to admit they made a huge mistake implimenting anonymous tables. Threads like these are going to be more common place over time if this huge error in judgement by Bodog and Bovada is not reversed because there is no way for users to monitor what is happening over time.
    Edited By: wackyJaxon Jan 16th, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    Add wackyJaxon to Rail