[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

Originally Posted by Quartersack View Post

the 22 fold is standard. You do not have set mining odds and you have no fold equity to 3bet shove and expect a fold from the villian.

dont raise A6. with your stack (10bb) either shove them in pre or fold pre.

K3 on the button sounds like a standard shove given that your stack is probably under 10bb.

If you ever take any advice from this forum, please listen to what im about to tell you. Go to pokerxfactor and join. Yes there is some upfront cost (maybe $150 signup fee + monthly fee. not sure what the actual sign up fee is these days) but it will without a doubt pay for itself within the first 3 months. Thank me later

Yeah your right, I have to stop thinking what if I would have gotten a feeling that I was going to hit.. definitely the wrong frame of mind. I just had a feeling it was going to be my break through tournament with a top prize of 3k. After that I feel like I totally lost my game, and thanks for pointing out the other mistake with A6.. makes sense.. just wasn't thinking. I will check it out, thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by DoNk3y F3sT View Post

Op u shouldnt of been tilted folding them 2s its an easy fold otherwise a re raise jam u cant just call the 300k with only a 1.3 mill stack and hope to hit trips and if your pushing the likely hood if your called u will be beat

and for building a roll try sit n goes instead of huge MTTs

Thanks a lot man, makes me realize I was actually playing the right way... just sucks that I busted so quick after that hand lol. I will give the sit and go's another shot. I have had decent success with them.

Originally Posted by shallowcal View Post

play more.... you are doing something right if you are getting up to 1.3mil in chips, as well as multiple deep runs in larger field tourneys.

as for your hands played, depending on table dynamics, and my position im either going to fold, or jam, but probably fold.

second hand you obviously have less than 1.3 mill or just around that so i dont think you should be open raising and then bet/folding. you should just be open shoving preflop.

also you should take some time with your betting. dont bet so fast. a lot of better players will use timing tells in certain situations vs you that will be able to let them get a better read on you.

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.. but at times I just feel like saying forget poker, your not going anywhere with it. I love it too much to stop just because I keep coming up a little short from a decent cash. Thanks for the tips, I will definitely take my time from now on. I think I just got worried that I was near the end and bet it so quick hoping he folds quick. Sounds stupid, and I sound like the worst donk out there (Maybe I am LOL). Thanks again. Appreciate it.
    Add Danb218 to Rail

the 22 fold is standard. You do not have set mining odds and you have no fold equity to 3bet shove and expect a fold from the villian.

dont raise A6. with your stack (10bb) either shove them in pre or fold pre.

K3 on the button sounds like a standard shove given that your stack is probably under 10bb.

If you ever take any advice from this forum, please listen to what im about to tell you. Go to pokerxfactor and join. Yes there is some upfront cost (maybe $150 signup fee + monthly fee. not sure what the actual sign up fee is these days) but it will without a doubt pay for itself within the first 3 months. Thank me later

hmm that 22 hand seems like an easy push for me, villain has to call other 10bb which is 1 million in chips on the ft bubble of a 2$ tourney... cant really understand how this could be an easy fold
    Add RedIceRap to Rail
  3. I second the PokerXFactor note... I joined a couple months ago and haven't even used it that much and my game has gotten so much better. Well worth the money...and even if it means that you have to wait a couple months to deposit... use the time to watch as many videos as possible, study and go over your hand history. The biggest leak in my own game is not reviewing what I am doing enough. In fact, I need to take my own advice... study more even at the expense of playing a little less... Good luck! You will do well if you do these things...
    Add pjwiiikms to Rail
    Originally Posted by RedIceRap View Post

hmm that 22 hand seems like an easy push for me, villain has to call other 10bb which is 1 million in chips on the ft bubble of a 2$ tourney... cant really understand how this could be an easy fold

His open was a full 3x and I think rarely will someone opening that big this deep be able to find a fold. You could certainly stick them in but without any fe (atleast not any to me) not sure its going to be all that profitable. Its just a spot that I prefer to pass on.
    Add Quartersack to Rail
  5. just bustet as 11. in a 33$ by shoving 25bb with 66 on a minraise cutoff stealler who was stealing often when i was on the button, but busted only cause the SB woke up with QQ... thats how i bust very often.. I know I'm too loose on FT bubbles so Im def not sure about my play, but my instinkts often say "fuck it and flip if get called"... we only have 13bb and dont have much time cause its 5 handed or so and we lose even more FE if we wait... i think im really get it in with a smile here to increase my chances for the win.. unf we dont know how many chips the other guy had and if the guys in the 2$ players steal blinds or making moves at all lol.. if they are scared to miss the ft its a more of a push for me, but if there are stations who still dont care much then its prolly a fold, i like to think of it as they were scared =) more thoughts on this pls
    Add RedIceRap to Rail

To me I just wasn't feeling the deuces anyways... It came to me and I hit fold quick. The thing is I didn't know much about the player and was thinking he can be raising 3x with something much stronger then A10.
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  7. BUMP

Thanks to all that have replied, anymore advice would be very helpful.
    Add Danb218 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Danb218 View Post

I haven't bought back in, because I am just debating whether this is worth it for me.

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading if you had the time.

That says it all to me right there. If you have to debate then the answer is no. I'm assuming you are doing this for fun and if you don't know if its for you or not then it probably isn't. If you just want to have fun then do that. Training sites are a good place to start though if you do want to take this serious.
    Add otang4prez to Rail
    Originally Posted by otang4prez View Post

That says it all to me right there. If you have to debate then the answer is no. I'm assuming you are doing this for fun and if you don't know if its for you or not then it probably isn't. If you just want to have fun then do that. Training sites are a good place to start though if you do want to take this serious.

True, thanks for making it clear to me. I owe $277 mostly to stars and a little to FT in uncleared deposits, so it's probably best to take a break before I start losing serious money. I just feel like I need that break through tournament, but there is a lot to work on apparently. Thanks though.

I need to learn the basics with BR Management and other basics for sure. When I had $430 in $T I went through that in less then a few days, making only about $300 from it. I think when I get that $T I feel I can move to bigger stakes and blow it pretty fast. A lot of things to work on from here on, but I do want to improve. It's fun and I feel like I can make a little extra money some day. I am not down in money all time, but profits are very low.
    Edited By: Danb218 Jan 21st, 2011 at 05:59 PM
    Add Danb218 to Rail

hmm that 22 hand seems like an easy push for me, villain has to call other 10bb which is 1 million in chips on the ft bubble of a 2$ tourney... can’t really understand how this could be an easy fold

His open was a full 3x and I think rarely will someone opening that big this deep be able to find a fold. You could certainly stick them in but without any fe (atleast not any to me) not sure its going to be all that profitable. Its just a spot that I prefer to pass on.

I think Quartersack is right! Shoving the 22 there is just plain reckless imo. After playing for 6 hours and outlasting 2K people, I am not 3b shoving 22 and hoping for a coin flip at best. You will be dominated by so many hands that will call you, it's a def -EV play. You fold, and you do not play results oriented. What if you folded 72off, and the flop came 722 ... would you still be tilting, cause in your gut you felt you should call? Don't sweat it, you are doing something right if you are making it deep in these huge donk fields. Invest the money and sign up for a training site, watch some videos and keep working on your game. I know personally how frustrating it is, I've been getting to the final 20 now in the past two weeks like a dozen times and just getting super unlucky at the key pots, but I know in my gut I am playing right since I'm in there with the best hand most of the time... eventually we'll catch a break, just have to persevere.

Add PkrMaster_21 to Rail
  11. mix in some non turbos. if you are a good turbo player, translate your preflop skill to a ultra tight nonturbo field LATE in low stake mtts. when you get to the final 2 or 3 tables you will find that you can go from last place to cl without too much trouble if you up the aggression. maybe not on your first try, but you are getting there enough to experiment with this, and if you perfect it you will crush. if you pay attention, theres usually like 1 or 2 guys that obv up the tempo near the final table and build huge stacks, at first target the other players, after you master it target everyone. if you arent scared to bust you will own the micros.
    Add tb4rizzl to Rail

True, thanks for making it clear to me. I owe $277 mostly to stars and a little to FT in uncleared deposits, so it's probably best to take a break before I start losing serious money. I just feel like I need that break through tournament, but there is a lot to work on apparently. Thanks though.

I need to learn the basics with BR Management and other basics for sure. When I had $430 in $T I went through that in less then a few days, making only about $300 from it. I think when I get that $T I feel I can move to bigger stakes and blow it pretty fast. A lot of things to work on from here on, but I do want to improve. It's fun and I feel like I can make a little extra money some day. I am not down in money all time, but profits are very low.

Maybe next time when you get some $T trade it for $$$$ that way maybe you feel as if its actually your money and not $T. IDK if that will help or not but maybe you kinda feel like its a freeroll because its not actually your money?
    Add otang4prez to Rail
    Originally Posted by PkrMaster_21 View Post

I think Quartersack is right! Shoving the 22 there is just plain reckless imo. After playing for 6 hours and outlasting 2K people, I am not 3b shoving 22 and hoping for a coin flip at best. You will be dominated by so many hands that will call you, it's a def -EV play. You fold, and you do not play results oriented. What if you folded 72off, and the flop came 722 ... would you still be tilting, cause in your gut you felt you should call? Don't sweat it, you are doing something right if you are making it deep in these huge donk fields. Invest the money and sign up for a training site, watch some videos and keep working on your game. I know personally how frustrating it is, I've been getting to the final 20 now in the past two weeks like a dozen times and just getting super unlucky at the key pots, but I know in my gut I am playing right since I'm in there with the best hand most of the time... eventually we'll catch a break, just have to persevere.

Yeah I feel I made the play I will almost always make.. could push and be up against any other PP that would have me dominated. Your totally right about it being ridiculous to be tilting after that, but it was just brutal. 2 hands later and I'm looking at the screen and I'm done, thinking man how did these short stacks out last me? I was making the right calls, keeping my game going... almost guaranteed to go to the Final table. See man I just don't know, yeah I am doing alright in these huge donk fields.. but I just don't want to go broke making $20 deposits all the time. Your response helped me though, and I wish you the best.. hope I get that break.

Originally Posted by tb4rizzl View Post

mix in some non turbos. if you are a good turbo player, translate your preflop skill to a ultra tight nonturbo field LATE in low stake mtts. when you get to the final 2 or 3 tables you will find that you can go from last place to cl without too much trouble if you up the aggression. maybe not on your first try, but you are getting there enough to experiment with this, and if you perfect it you will crush. if you pay attention, theres usually like 1 or 2 guys that obv up the tempo near the final table and build huge stacks, at first target the other players, after you master it target everyone. if you arent scared to bust you will own the micros.

Thanks, it makes me realize that the turbos may be my problem. I definitely need more aggression in my game, I just feel like every time I make a raise with something marginal someone re pops it.. it's like they know I have rags LOL. Sound like a total donk, but I just haven't perfected the aggression factor. Thanks a lot, this advice helps a lot.

Originally Posted by otang4prez View Post

Maybe next time when you get some $T trade it for $$$$ that way maybe you feel as if its actually your money and not $T. IDK if that will help or not but maybe you kinda feel like its a freeroll because its not actually your money?

I get carried away, I think it's my time to make it big and play larger stakes.. play way too many tournaments and boom the $T is gone. I didn't know you can trade it for money. Thanks, appreciate the help.

PokerStars Game #56330627119: Tournament #355690676, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (25/50) - 2011/01/21 17:17:20 ET
    Table '355690676 9' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
    Seat 1: Alex japah (2820 in chips)
    Seat 2: gartxin (1690 in chips)
    Seat 3: Danb218 (1400 in chips)
    Seat 4: correo45 (3950 in chips)
    Seat 5: gooretto (1775 in chips)
    Seat 6: rudi-taxi (1170 in chips)
    Seat 7: vilden3 (2775 in chips)
    Seat 8: arqdadi (1750 in chips)
    Seat 9: sacrament103 (1695 in chips)
    sacrament103: posts small blind 25
    Alex japah: posts big blind 50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Jh Jd]
    gartxin: folds
    Danb218: raises 89 to 139
    correo45: folds
    gooretto: folds
    rudi-taxi: folds
    vilden3: folds
    arqdadi: folds
    sacrament103: folds
    Alex japah: calls 89
    *** FLOP *** [5s 7c 4d]
    Alex japah: checks
    Danb218: bets 189
    Alex japah: calls 189
    *** TURN *** [5s 7c 4d] [7s]
    Alex japah: bets 250
    Danb218: calls 250
    *** RIVER *** [5s 7c 4d 7s] [3s]
    Alex japah: bets 1000
    Alex japah said, "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
    Danb218: folds
    Uncalled bet (1000) returned to Alex japah
    Alex japah collected 1181 from pot
    Alex japah: doesn't show hand
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 1181 | Rake 0
    Board [5s 7c 4d 7s 3s]
    Seat 1: Alex japah (big blind) collected (1181)
    Seat 2: gartxin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: Danb218 folded on the River
    Seat 4: correo45 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: gooretto folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: rudi-taxi folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: vilden3 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: arqdadi (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: sacrament103 (small blind) folded before Flop

What is going on here??? Hand sample for critique. I was thinking A7 or the flush. Played it bad?

So I had a plan to try and build a BR with all the small MTT's. 1.40 Knockout 90 person, 2.20 90 person, and 1.40 turbo. Also playing the .55 regular tournament.. with $500 added. Start of a nice grind............................................. ...........................

PokerStars Game #56331470712: Tournament #355684570, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (25/50) - 2011/01/21 17:31:24 ET
    Table '355684570 2' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 2: fundi333 (1460 in chips)
    Seat 3: MGabiM (11787 in chips)
    Seat 4: Bond 1959 (1945 in chips)
    Seat 5: Danb218 (1376 in chips)
    Seat 6: FRANK2244 (3355 in chips)
    Seat 7: elnikolito (2460 in chips)
    Seat 8: Chewie2000 (1490 in chips)
    Seat 9: damien7711 (15650 in chips)
    Bond 1959: posts small blind 25
    Danb218: posts big blind 50
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Ks Kh]
    FRANK2244: folds
    elnikolito: raises 150 to 200
    Chewie2000: folds
    damien7711: folds
    fundi333: folds
    MGabiM: folds
    Bond 1959: folds
    Danb218: raises 350 to 550
    elnikolito: raises 1910 to 2460 and is all-in
    Danb218: calls 826 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (1084) returned to elnikolito
    *** FLOP *** [As 3d 3h]
    *** TURN *** [As 3d 3h] [Th]
    *** RIVER *** [As 3d 3h Th] [9h]
    Danb218 said, "AJ really???"
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Danb218: shows [Ks Kh] (two pair, Kings and Threes)
    elnikolito: shows [Js Ac] (two pair, Aces and Threes)
    elnikolito collected 2777 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 2777 | Rake 0
    Board [As 3d 3h Th 9h]
    Seat 2: fundi333 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: MGabiM (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: Bond 1959 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 5: Danb218 (big blind) showed [Ks Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes
    Seat 6: FRANK2244 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: elnikolito showed [Js Ac] and won (2777) with two pair, Aces and Threes
    Seat 8: Chewie2000 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: damien7711 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Another great hand... on a nice run!!

PokerStars Game #56332434623: Tournament #353769573, $0.50+$0.05 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (400/800) - 2011/01/21 17:47:47 ET
    Table '353769573 179' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: andrezinho11 (7025 in chips)
    Seat 2: SFINKS 1981 (11825 in chips)
    Seat 3: @RSPNGRU@ (14330 in chips)
    Seat 4: hickethier (15470 in chips)
    Seat 5: crasie (26150 in chips)
    Seat 6: chefjudo (8099 in chips)
    Seat 7: Danb218 (11900 in chips)
    Seat 8: jesatko1 (7905 in chips)
    Seat 9: barosanu1964 (4450 in chips)
    andrezinho11: posts the ante 75
    SFINKS 1981: posts the ante 75
    @RSPNGRU@: posts the ante 75
    hickethier: posts the ante 75
    crasie: posts the ante 75
    chefjudo: posts the ante 75
    Danb218: posts the ante 75
    jesatko1: posts the ante 75
    barosanu1964: posts the ante 75
    jesatko1: posts small blind 400
    barosanu1964: posts big blind 800
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Ts Tc]
    andrezinho11: folds
    SFINKS 1981: raises 800 to 1600
    @RSPNGRU@: folds
    hickethier: folds
    crasie: folds
    chefjudo: folds
    Danb218: calls 1600
    jesatko1: calls 1200
    barosanu1964: folds
    *** FLOP *** [6c Td Ac]
    jesatko1: checks
    SFINKS 1981: bets 1600
    Danb218: raises 2400 to 4000
    jesatko1: raises 2230 to 6230 and is all-in
    SFINKS 1981: calls 4630
    Danb218: calls 2230
    *** TURN *** [6c Td Ac] [Kd]
    SFINKS 1981: checks
    Danb218: bets 3995 and is all-in
    SFINKS 1981: folds
    Uncalled bet (3995) returned to Danb218
    *** RIVER *** [6c Td Ac Kd] [Jc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    jesatko1: shows [As Qc] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    Danb218: shows [Ts Tc] (three of a kind, Tens)
    Danb218 said, "LMFAO"
    jesatko1 collected 24965 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 24965 | Rake 0
    Board [6c Td Ac Kd Jc]
    Seat 1: andrezinho11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: SFINKS 1981 folded on the Turn
    Seat 3: @RSPNGRU@ folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: hickethier folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: crasie folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Edited By: Danb218 Jan 21st, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  14. def invest in a training site. And also make sure you are reviewing your own HHs and perhaps even getting poker friends to review them for you (in return for you reviewing theirs). On nights when you do not play, study.
    Add killingbird to Rail
  15. One more for LOLZ... I'm going pro.

PokerStars Game #56333256177: Tournament #355690676, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (150/300) - 2011/01/21 18:03:27 ET
    Table '355690676 6' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: marco v814 (2720 in chips)
    Seat 3: gerry72 (11829 in chips)
    Seat 4: DiaMondAjqk (1062 in chips)
    Seat 5: bdf_easy (4350 in chips)
    Seat 6: jessemoco (1807 in chips)
    Seat 7: Danb218 (3030 in chips)
    Seat 8: Ginsons (13965 in chips)
    Seat 9: osenca (946 in chips)
    marco v814: posts the ante 40
    gerry72: posts the ante 40
    DiaMondAjqk: posts the ante 40
    bdf_easy: posts the ante 40
    jessemoco: posts the ante 40
    Danb218: posts the ante 40
    Ginsons: posts the ante 40
    osenca: posts the ante 40
    bdf_easy: posts small blind 150
    jessemoco: posts big blind 300
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Kc Ad]
    Danb218: raises 2690 to 2990 and is all-in
    Ginsons: calls 2990
    osenca: folds
    marco v814: folds
    gerry72: folds
    DiaMondAjqk: folds
    bdf_easy: folds
    jessemoco: folds
    *** FLOP *** [Jh Ts 9h]
    *** TURN *** [Jh Ts 9h] [Qc]
    Danb218 said, "nice call donk"
    *** RIVER *** [Jh Ts 9h Qc] [2h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Danb218: shows [Kc Ad] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    Ginsons: shows [Qh Kh] (a flush, King high)
    Ginsons collected 6750 from pot
    Danb218 finished the tournament in 26th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 6750 | Rake 0
    Board [Jh Ts 9h Qc 2h]
    Seat 1: marco v814 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: gerry72 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: DiaMondAjqk (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: bdf_easy (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: jessemoco (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 7: Danb218 showed [Kc Ad] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace
    Seat 8: Ginsons showed [Qh Kh] and won (6750) with a flush, King high
    Seat 9: osenca folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Thanks Killingbird.. will do man.
    Edited By: Danb218 Jan 22nd, 2011 at 12:07 AM
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  16. most hands you posted were just UL. the JJ hand was def a bad fold, in a $1 mtt i would call that everytime without a doubt. first of all he was out of position so doubt he called any hands that have a 7 in them, second of all the flush is out of the question since there wasnt even a flush draw on the flop and he bet. if he really has a 7 then so be it, he didnt get all of your chips even if you call and have to muck.

i'm not suggesting that turbos are bad, i would just try some non turbos too and see how you do, personally i think turbos are harder but not everyone would agree.
    Add tb4rizzl to Rail
    Originally Posted by tb4rizzl View Post

most hands you posted were just UL. the JJ hand was def a bad fold, in a $1 mtt i would call that everytime without a doubt. first of all he was out of position so doubt he called any hands that have a 7 in them, second of all the flush is out of the question since there wasnt even a flush draw on the flop and he bet. if he really has a 7 then so be it, he didnt get all of your chips even if you call and have to muck.

i'm not suggesting that turbos are bad, i would just try some non turbos too and see how you do, personally i think turbos are harder but not everyone would agree.

Man I just don't know... lots of stupid donks might call with A7 Suited there.. even suited connectors. Thanks for the input though. Got mixed up with the flush draw coming on turn, and not flop.

I am going with mostly regulars at the moment. Just lost another losing most of my chips with 99 to a shove with A2 after I raised. Right when I start playing even lower stakes then usual my luck is terrible.
    Add Danb218 to Rail

Hi everyone, I have been playing low stake MTT's for a couple years now. My biggest score is only in the mid $300's. I have also qualified to play for the Sunday million a couple times, but decided to use that to play mid stake sit and go's where I did OK. Although, with the $450 in $T I only made about $300 in cash. Other then that I've had a few other placings that have gotten me $100-175. I have had my best luck in a $2.20 rebuy with 12K guaranteed. This is where this thread is going.

So I played that tournament 3 consecutive nights. I was 45th, 17th, and finally 12th. 1. When I finished 12th, I was in 9th place and doing well.. pretty much for sure going to the final table. Field size in each right around 2300. A guy raised in fairly early position and it came to me and I had deuces. 2. The raise was to 300k with blinds 50/100k, and I had 1.3 mil. I folded, and watched a deuce hit the flop and the guy was all in against a short stack with A10 OS. He hit 2 pair Aces and 10's.. and I feel that hand tilted me, and I was thinking wow if I would have just flat called there I would be in 3-6th place.

3. 2 hands later I raise with A6.. flop comes K Q 7 or something near there.. totally miss, guy checks to me and I bet it but super fast. He min raises.. I fold. 2 Hands later 4. K3 hearts on the button.. I shove and get called by the BB with A4. Was short stacked, and the SB was sitting out. What moves were wrong here in the span of these 3 hands in your opinion?

I realize I'm playing the donkaments, but I have never had enough money IMO to go to higher stakes.. although I have played some Mid stakes MTT's with little success. I always watch poker, get ideas, try to find tips.. but I am going to start reading more as well. I feel I am getting a better hold of the game, and I love it. After busting in that last tournament I lost the last 58 dollars I had in other MTT's, after cashing out 200. It's nothing to most people, but right now It's enough to me. I haven't bought back in, because 5. I am just debating whether this is worth it for me.

Any advice or opinion would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading if you had the time.

1. 9th of 12 isn't a lock to make the ft, and that shouldn't really be ur focus anyways, if ur gonna get get there try to get there with some chips... all of the real money in mtts is in the top 3

2. Consider re-shipping deuces in this spot, but never ever ever call. Reship> fold >>>>>>>>>call

3. Raising A6 with ur stack size is really bad from any position. Fold from ep and jam from lp in an unopened pot.

4. Standard jam.

5. U really have to love this game is ur going to be able to survive all of the heartbreaks, bad beats, etc.... seems like u need to do some soul searching to decide if this is really something u want to be spending ur time doing.

Hope this helps... glgl in whatever u choose
    Add herbstreet24 to Rail
    Originally Posted by herbstreet24 View Post

1. 9th of 12 isn't a lock to make the ft, and that shouldn't really be ur focus anyways, if ur gonna get get there try to get there with some chips... all of the real money in mtts is in the top 3

2. Consider re-shipping deuces in this spot, but never ever ever call. Reship> fold >>>>>>>>>call

3. Raising A6 with ur stack size is really bad from any position. Fold from ep and jam from lp in an unopened pot.

4. Standard jam.

5. U really have to love this game is ur going to be able to survive all of the heartbreaks, bad beats, etc.... seems like u need to do some soul searching to decide if this is really something u want to be spending ur time doing.

Hope this helps... glgl in whatever u choose

Helps a lot. Thank you very much.
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  20. Can you guys please remove this "No limit worsehandem" software during prime time at night and restore the NL Texas Holdem program...

Seriously I don't know if I'd consider myself really lucky or really unlucky but the last 3 nights I've found myself down somewhere from 7-13 sng buyins($75-$130) by 11-12 pm, while I'm still focused, playing well, making the right calculations and for the most part reads...only to rally and grind back at a profit late into the night/early AM (2am-6am) each of the last 3 nights... @$50, @$60, and @$40 for about a $150 profit not counting points for cashconversions.... While $50profit/night is respectable and this might be a testament of how much I've improved as a player..(old me would have turned the $75 loss into a $250 loss probably, tilting cash tables most likely) it's frusterating that it seems my strong favorites become coinflips at best, and the coinflips seem 30/70.. Now some of this (probably most theoretically) is from an increase of shoves, calls, 3 and 4 bets from opponents, but the amount of beats the last 3 nights seem rediculous...Can't tell you how many times my AA,KK, QQ or JJ has been sucked out by some dude with Q10 who hits 2 pair, or how my AK/AQ loses to some dude with A7 who spikes a 7...
    Add cy_wells32 to Rail
  21. ^thats crazy man, never heard a story like that before
    Add OGHowie to Rail
  22. Yeah like I said though it's probably in my own head, as 10 buyin swings either way as most players will agree that 10 buyin swings are normal and regular.. and like I said the more the players, the more likelyhood of calls from opponents at the wrong times, as well as more aggressiveness preflop...It's just unreal because during these nights I've been extremely focused and playing well...

In comparison though last week when I profited like $825 in a 3.5 day stretch where it seemed the results were a lot better than the %'s dictated so who knows..

BTW, 300k profit? That makes me think I shouldn't have been playing those $50 sngs at the same tables a little while back.. $11T, $12UT, the occasional $20/$22 is good for me...good luck

Anyone else (good/tight players) been struggling during the early part night? One other regular voiced similiar struggles but again just could be the product of misfortune..
    Add cy_wells32 to Rail
  23. Doctor GG, I didn't forget you, I just forgot to add the answer to your question above! You can request hand histories directly from the game, they can be either seen online or sent via email. However, if you just are referring to results, you can go to the Cashier section, select Account info and go to Account History. You can check wins for the past 2 months there.

Let me know if that's what you were looking for, if not I can surely add it to the suggestions.

Cheers!

Adrienne
    Add Cereus_Adrienne to Rail
  24. How am I ever going to win a big score if I'm always getting it in with the best, picking my spots, and losing to the donks who think KJ is a reasonable hand when there was a raise, 3 bet all in, and a call in front of them?? Lolz.. FML.

PokerStars Game #58244257353: Tournament #366080201, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (125/250) - 2011/02/25 3:53:05 ET
    Table '366080201 95' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 2: Danb218 (1395 in chips)
    Seat 3: BulSer77 (5841 in chips)
    Seat 4: RoyalFlash90 (7660 in chips)
    Seat 5: evagreen3000 (2900 in chips)
    Seat 6: MORETSAGRA (1885 in chips)
    Seat 7: kiwibobsea (7990 in chips)
    Seat 8: djames1988 (5946 in chips)
    Seat 9: winneragel (6381 in chips)
    Danb218: posts the ante 30
    BulSer77: posts the ante 30
    RoyalFlash90: posts the ante 30
    evagreen3000: posts the ante 30
    MORETSAGRA: posts the ante 30
    kiwibobsea: posts the ante 30
    djames1988: posts the ante 30
    winneragel: posts the ante 30
    RoyalFlash90: posts small blind 125
    evagreen3000: posts big blind 250
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Kc Ac]
    B.B07088 is connected
    MORETSAGRA: calls 250
    kiwibobsea: raises 250 to 500
    djames1988: folds
    winneragel: folds
    Danb218: raises 865 to 1365 and is all-in
    BulSer77: folds
    RoyalFlash90: calls 1240
    evagreen3000: calls 1115
    MORETSAGRA: folds
    kiwibobsea: raises 6595 to 7960 and is all-in
    RoyalFlash90: folds
    evagreen3000: calls 1505 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (5090) returned to kiwibobsea
    *** FLOP *** [8h 2h 2d]
    *** TURN *** [8h 2h 2d] [9h]
    *** RIVER *** [8h 2h 2d 9h] [Jc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    evagreen3000: shows [Kh Js] (two pair, Jacks and Deuces)
    kiwibobsea: shows [Ad Qs] (a pair of Deuces)
    evagreen3000 collected 3010 from side pot
    Danb218: shows [Kc Ac] (a pair of Deuces)
    Danb218 said, "****ing donkey"
    evagreen3000 collected 5950 from main pot
    Danb218 finished the tournament in 804th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 8960 Main pot 5950. Side pot 3010. | Rake 0
    Board [8h 2h 2d 9h Jc]
    Seat 2: Danb218 showed [Kc Ac] and lost with a pair of Deuces
    Seat 3: BulSer77 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: RoyalFlash90 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 5: evagreen3000 (big blind) showed [Kh Js] and won (8960) with two pair, Jacks and Deuces
    Seat 6: MORETSAGRA folded before Flop
    Seat 7: kiwibobsea showed [Ad Qs] and lost with a pair of Deuces
    Seat 8: djames1988 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: winneragel folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  25. BUMP...... My main problem I've seen right now is losing hands I'm favored to win. I was 14th in a 2.20 3k turbo. I lost AK to A8s, then button basically shoves I call with AQ, flop 2 pair and he turns a set. Then I lose A10 vs A9.. less then 10 bb's shove A8s and lose to QQ. I know a lot of people have the same problem, but it's just insane that it happens ALL the time. Should I just fold KK now?? Example from a 2.20 180 man below.

PokerStars Game #58883443692: Tournament #372833689, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2011/03/08 17:22:07 ET
    Table '372833689 4' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: warlock 7462 (5375 in chips)
    Seat 2: Po4ta1488 (1710 in chips)
    Seat 3: Rulja318 (1580 in chips)
    Seat 4: damian1989k (2255 in chips)
    Seat 6: woelfchen75 (1315 in chips)
    Seat 7: Krellomat (1405 in chips)
    Seat 8: gigiprodan (3685 in chips)
    Seat 9: Danb218 (1410 in chips)
    woelfchen75: posts small blind 50
    Krellomat: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Kd Ks]
    gigiprodan: raises 200 to 300
    Danb218: raises 1110 to 1410 and is all-in
    warlock 7462: folds
    Po4ta1488: raises 300 to 1710 and is all-in
    Rulja318: folds
    damian1989k: folds
    agueritooo is connected
    woelfchen75: folds
    Krellomat: folds
    gigiprodan: calls 1410
    *** FLOP *** [9s Ac 3c]
    *** TURN *** [9s Ac 3c] [6h]
    *** RIVER *** [9s Ac 3c 6h] [3d]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    gigiprodan: shows [Ad Qs] (two pair, Aces and Threes)
    Po4ta1488: shows [Jd Js] (two pair, Jacks and Threes)
    gigiprodan collected 600 from side pot
    Danb218: shows [Kd Ks] (two pair, Kings and Threes)
    gigiprodan collected 4380 from main pot
    Po4ta1488 finished the tournament in 133rd place
    Danb218 finished the tournament in 134th place
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4980 Main pot 4380. Side pot 600. | Rake 0
    Board [9s Ac 3c 6h 3d]
    Seat 1: warlock 7462 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: Po4ta1488 showed [Jd Js] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Threes
    Seat 3: Rulja318 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: damian1989k (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: woelfchen75 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 7: Krellomat (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 8: gigiprodan showed [Ad Qs] and won (4980) with two pair, Aces and Threes
    Seat 9: Danb218 showed [Kd Ks] and lost with two pair, Kings and Threes
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  26. dan
    i completely understand your frustration...it took me like 5 yrs to finally ship something and that was a 500 person cap tourney...one thing i realized in these tourneys is most of the time abc poker is a must....a lot of thes players dont get concepts like m or stack sizes or folding...you just have to try to get better every time and dont be concerned w the results...i share your pain as ive punted thousands of stacks to somebody who calls all w a gut shot and 2 under cards and gets there...dont bluff unless you kno your opponet understands why he should fold..u cant make somebody fold who doesnt kno better...keep fighting and it will come..just dont be afraid to ask questions and make sure u r trying to improve
    Add mengorn to Rail
    Originally Posted by mengorn View Post

dan
    i completely understand your frustration...it took me like 5 yrs to finally ship something and that was a 500 person cap tourney...one thing i realized in these tourneys is most of the time abc poker is a must....a lot of thes players dont get concepts like m or stack sizes or folding...you just have to try to get better every time and dont be concerned w the results...i share your pain as ive punted thousands of stacks to somebody who calls all w a gut shot and 2 under cards and gets there...dont bluff unless you kno your opponet understands why he should fold..u cant make somebody fold who doesnt kno better...keep fighting and it will come..just dont be afraid to ask questions and make sure u r trying to improve

Thanks man, yeah it is rough.. I just don't get it at times. How many times can they win when they are a 25% favorite?? I've been playing more seriously the past year, but just no luck. I have changed a few things, and feel my game has gotten much better although the results aren't showing. Thanks for the response.

5/6 left in $1.10 90 man

PokerStars Game #58889932545: Tournament #372846100, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XX (1000/2000) - 2011/03/08 18:34:10 CT [2011/03/08 19:34:10 ET]
    Table '372846100 2' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 2: maddoc2006 (31238 in chips)
    Seat 4: Mr me Aga (21947 in chips)
    Seat 5: **yangu** (7484 in chips)
    Seat 6: Danb218 (12672 in chips)
    Seat 7: DiaMondAjqk (30685 in chips)
    Seat 9: lupelopez (30974 in chips)
    maddoc2006: posts the ante 250
    Mr me Aga: posts the ante 250
    **yangu**: posts the ante 250
    Danb218: posts the ante 250
    DiaMondAjqk: posts the ante 250
    lupelopez: posts the ante 250
    Danb218: posts small blind 1000
    DiaMondAjqk: posts big blind 2000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Danb218 [Th Tc]
    lupelopez: folds
    maddoc2006: folds
    Mr me Aga: folds
    **yangu**: folds
    Danb218: raises 10422 to 12422 and is all-in
    DiaMondAjqk: calls 10422
    *** FLOP *** [3s Ad 5h]
    Danb218 said, "10"
    *** TURN *** [3s Ad 5h] [9c]
    *** RIVER *** [3s Ad 5h 9c] [7s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Danb218: shows [Th Tc] (a pair of Tens)
    DiaMondAjqk: shows [5d 5c] (three of a kind, Fives)
    Danb218 said, "lol"
    DiaMondAjqk collected 26344 from pot
    Danb218 finished the tournament in 6th place and received $4.72.
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 26344 | Rake 0
    Board [3s Ad 5h 9c 7s]
    Seat 2: maddoc2006 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: Mr me Aga folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: **yangu** (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Danb218 (small blind) showed [Th Tc] and lost with a pair of Tens
    Seat 7: DiaMondAjqk (big blind) showed [5d 5c] and won (26344) with three of a kind, Fives
    Seat 9: lupelopez folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Add Danb218 to Rail
  28. when playing the turbos u are going to see this until u puke..prob is a non turbo tourney takes 4-8 hrs and one mistake/bad beat and u r gone....the 2.20 180 mans are mostly a shovefest...try playing the 4.40 non turbos...can def work on your game there and not have it come down to luck all the time..keep grinding man i def feel your struggle and am goin thru the same thing constantly..dont give up and always try to get better if u want it
    Add mengorn to Rail
  29. Yeah, I haven't listened to advice of a friend who told me I am better off with non turbos. Totally right about playing 4-8 hours then losing, or barely being ITM. I will try to get into more 4.40's, need a bigger BR first though so maybe the 1.40 90 mans first. Thanks man.

Any other advice is appreciated.. I don't care what it is. Any big dogs want to chime in, and help me out??? If you help me the good karma will help you run good! lol.
    Add Danb218 to Rail

Yeah, I haven't listened to advice of a friend who told me I am better off with non turbos. Totally right about playing 4-8 hours then losing, or barely being ITM. I will try to get into more 4.40's, need a bigger BR first though so maybe the 1.40 90 mans first. Thanks man.

by looking at OPR, you're on the verge of winning something, i know its extremely frustrating but if you lose with your money in ahead dont sweat it because all you can do is shake your head. in the past 2 weeks i made the final 3 tables of 1000+ player mtts 5 times and the absolute worst i got my money in in any of them was a 50-50 flip, and i am down a decent bit over the past 2 weeks. now i'm complaining, but my best friend deserves a cash too, same situation but its been over a year where he continually gets bad beated deep. there are sooo many players in this situation and honestly what makes the difference between the ones that break through and the ones that dont is that some keep trying to get better and others just dwell on the bad beats.

you cant control the cards that come out, the way you become a profiting player is by constantly studying how to pick up on spots that you have missed in your past, practicing switching up your style of play, making good lay downs, abusing the bubble, abusing the scared tight opponents deep in micro mtts etc. poker is brutal, the better you are at shrugging off a bad beat, the quicker you will move foward. gl its not easy for anyone i would imagine.
    Add tb4rizzl to Rail