[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1. Never, ever, ever, ever fold QQ to this spazz shove in a $1 online tourney. The odds of him having AA or KK are extremely low and you are crushing his range.
     
    Add mdshack14 to Rail
  2. yeah especially if it's the first hand... it's really bad to shove... it doesn't accomplish anything, I would call because 1) you are far ahead of his range most of the time and 2) call to punish the guy from being shovehappy in a marginal spot
    Add sharktank1 to Rail
  3. I always shove AA/KK in micros early, exactly because of this (everyone puts you on AK or 99). Way more +EV I've found than any other way to play them.

    I don't think calling is bad at all, but I see your logic entirely. Ask yourself if the odds of you doubling up through normal play are higher than they are by calling and gambling here, if yes, then a fold is justified.
     
    Add MattyDaCobra to Rail
  4. do you need an invite, hand written and posted to you, before you call?
     
    Add norv to Rail
  5. Best advice I can give you is fold, log out, turn off your computer, and never waste you time playing poker again. If $1 is relevant then go get a job because you can easily make 7x buy-ins an hour!

    btw this thread is purely just trolling. no way is he serious
    Edited By: Tanis Tramontin Apr 11th, 2012 at 09:10 PM
    Add Tanis Tramontin to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by MattyDaCobra View Post

    I always shove AA/KK in micros early, exactly because of this (everyone puts you on AK or 99). .

    Really?
    Add smithgraham to Rail
  7. I WOULD FOLD HERE 95% OF THE TIME , I RANGE THE VILLAIN KK+ GL
     
    Add allani12 to Rail
  8. looking back most of my busting out of MTT have come from ak,
    so evaluating upon this i came to the conclusion never to bust with this hand ie over playing it or if i feel its a tricky situation just folding post flop.
    evaluated i played way to tight waiting for the the best hands etc and not actually playing poker in sense just waiting for a decent hand to get my chips in :/
    having said that i played 3 tournys yesterday 5 doller rebuy which cost me a total of $10 trippled up early and bought an add on
    got knocked out with a steal 3 way on the turn with bottom pair but flush out there running into deep stack with a set BUSTO.

    the second was a 50c rebuy mtt. exactly the same but came 12th titan poker lobby view FCUKed up so kept needing to ask how many people where left to evaluate how to play and try to steal more A6 suited in the cutoff shove with 13 bbish ran into AK suited in the BB

    the third was a 1 doller rebuy and yes it cost me 1 buy in 1 add on
    i played awsome to be honest and ended up coming 27th 63 got paid
    and busted with ak suited lol
    in the big blind there was an open double bb in MP, small blind shoved his shortstack hoping to be against 1 played and me in the bb shoved my ak suited. MP thought about it for a good min and called with AQ suited bad call really as a BB shove AK was the lowest of my range. anyway a queen on the river and busted from the tourny lol ( if i would of won that hand id ov easly finished final table)

    anyway just a post stating im playing MTTs alot better and seeing better results really think im starting to concentrate alot more and things are coming together in my head quite nicely as ive loosened up abit and started to play and adapt.

    should i go for the kill once in the money or just play the way ive bin playing as its helped me get this far already ?
    Add harrison to Rail
  9. AK is a good hand.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
  10. yeah and im gonna go ahead and attempt to not drink water anymore.
    Edited By: ManchVegasPwn Apr 17th, 2012 at 02:48 PM
    Reason: we'll see how that works out
     1
    Add ManchVegasPwn to Rail
  11. just allwayz get bummed playing it on the bad side of a flip ALLWAYZ so dont risk so much dont get me wrong il see flops etc but no three bet etc
    Add harrison to Rail
  12. With the onset of Black Friday my time playing poker has dramatically dropped. Then we recently moved to an area where there is no "real" poker. So, with the WSOP not too far away I'm headed out to play.

    So the other day I played a sat into the main event and was astonished by my horrid play. I knew what to do. I knew who to do it too. I knew when to do it. But....I didn't and couldn't.

    I have been playing since I was a kid with my aunts and uncles. I've always made money and even coached my brother and friends who continually ask my advice or to watch them play.....not meant as a brag but I have always done well and I know what to do. But my lack of action at the table disgusted me. In the end I bubbled the final table (small field so no big accomplishment) with what was the worst play ever.

    I'm UTG with like 12K and the BB is $1200. Shorthanded at 5 players, I pick up A-rag and raise to a 100% whimpy table and make it like $4k. Everyone folds except the BB who auto shoves his BIG stack. I instacall.

    I know the argument is I am pot committed and probably need to gamble here BUT. I knew better and still insta called.
    The guy in the BB ONLY played "All-In" poker. The very first hand of the day was a 6 way limped pot. After someone bet the flopped he shoved all in then showed his flopped set. He could have slow played the blank flop and probably raked at least another bet by the aggressor but he just moved All In. Every single time he was faced with a raise he either folded or shoved all in. He never showed less then 10-10 and he showed every time.

    Long story is I did flop my A but it was pointless vs his AA. I would not be pounding on myself had this been one of the other players and I had not played so dam bad the whole day but I could have/should have let go of my hand......I was there to win and needed chips, that was my justification....but I still knew better.

    Now I'm faced with playing the WSOP events next week with a weak mindset that I must break or just stay home.

    I hate it when I suck........
    Add Diver1 to Rail
  13. move to cry me a river discussion
    Add FistFights to Rail
  14. Its proboly because you think you are a "good solid player" and is blinded by that thought to obvious mistakes and thus will never improve.
    Add Jorizz to Rail
  15. Sympathy or Advice? It must be advice cause I can't see you getting any sympathy here.

    I am not going to berate you here but truly if you are going to play like that at the WSOP you might as well set fire to your money and stay home.
    What was the rag card you had? 5.6.7 or 8 is an instant fold unless suited then take a look at the flop before committing that much of your stack A-2 3 or 4 suited or off take a look at the flop for the cost of the blinds maybe.
    NEVER INSTA CALL WITH A- RAG. Regardless of the the shove munkee and his table image.
    No charge for that advice. YW and GL
    Edited By: CANUKEH44 May 5th, 2012 at 01:44 AM
    Add CANUKEH44 to Rail
  16. can kinda tell ur not very good, esp after u said "The guy in the BB ONLY played "All-In" poker."
    Add sirswish6 to Rail
  17.  
    Originally Posted by sirswish6 View Post

    can kinda tell ur not very good, esp after u said "The guy in the BB ONLY played "All-In" poker."


    Brother and friends keep asking for advice tho.
    Add Jorizz to Rail
  18. shove or fold the a- rag here i think its a shove myself but hey whatever ul gg
     1
    Add double_kyan to Rail
  19. how about we dont make bad players better?
    Add sssssssivarT to Rail
  20. hes solid though....always beats aunts and uncles
    Add kornkid to Rail
  21. You cash for 15k in one trny on ps and you are up about 9k total.....does that not concern you about previous play. Take that one trny away and you are down 6k. Spend those thousands on some coaching and serious study. The game has evolved way beyond Aunties kitchen table. If you "knew" what to do, you would have done it.
    Add SteveSteelz to Rail
  22. He can come to my local casino with his family if he wants. lol
    Add CANUKEH44 to Rail
  23. I snap call with A-rag............. Why do I suck?
    Add GREGORRRRRRRR to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by FistFights View Post

    move to cry me a river discussion

    Except this has zero to do with the river


     
    Originally Posted by CANUKEH44 View Post

    Sympathy or Advice? It must be advice cause I can't see you getting any sympathy here.

    I am not going to berate you here but truly if you are going to play like that at the WSOP you might as well set fire to your money and stay home.
    .
    NEVER INSTA CALL WITH A- RAG. Regardless of the the shove munkee and his table image.
    No charge for that advice. YW and GL

    Thanks for the no berate thing.....its an epidemic here. Agree with the never insta call but that was part of my point. I know better yet did it anyhow. More was wondering if others feel they are off of there game do to lack of play based on BF.......prolly shoulda just asked that question instead.....:}


     
    Originally Posted by sirswish6 View Post

    can kinda tell ur not very good, esp after u said "The guy in the BB ONLY played "All-In" poker."

    So I suck because he only plays "All-in"?.....Hmmmm.....good solid advice, thanks.


     
    Originally Posted by Jorizz View Post

    Brother and friends keep asking for advice tho.

    That's only cuz they drink too much and suck worse then I do.


     
    Originally Posted by double_kyan View Post

    shove or fold the a- rag here i think its a shove myself but hey whatever ul gg

    Agreed.....just knew I could steal the blinds as the players were weak (er than myself). Just ran into AA but its the call that was worse then not shoving.


     
    Originally Posted by sssssssivarT View Post

    how about we dont make bad players better?

    Actually kind'of agree with this.


     
    Originally Posted by kornkid View Post

    hes solid though....always beats aunts and uncles

    Oh, but I forgot to mention that my granny also played.....and I beat her too, so yes, that makes me a solid player.


     
    Originally Posted by SteveSteelz View Post

    You cash for 15k in one trny on ps and you are up about 9k total.....does that not concern you about previous play. Take that one trny away and you are down 6k. Spend those thousands on some coaching and serious study. The game has evolved way beyond Aunties kitchen table. If you "knew" what to do, you would have done it.

    I love it.....I only cashed once for 15K (was almost 16K BTW). So all my other cashes don't count. I also love your math at 6K down. And yes, I "knew" and still didn't do it.....um, that was my point and was the reason I suck.....but thanks for playing along.


     
    Originally Posted by GREGORRRRRRRR View Post

    I snap call with A-rag............. Why do I suck?

    Zactly....+1
    Add Diver1 to Rail
  25. Sorry not trying to be rude but based on the fact that you say "you knew" you should have raise/folded 10bb's from utg after making it 3.3x you can't be very solid like you think. You should have either open jammed of open folded, nothing else. A8+, AXs jam and probably open fold the rest of your A rags, might be a tad off but close enough and you get the point.
     
    Add OneTime_10 to Rail
  26.  
    Originally Posted by OneTime_10 View Post

    Sorry not trying to be rude but based on the fact that you say "you knew" you should have raise/folded 10bb's from utg after making it 3.3x you can't be very solid like you think. You should have either open jammed of open folded, nothing else. A8+, AXs jam and probably open fold the rest of your A rags, might be a tad off but close enough and you get the point.

    Agreed....I knew yet still did it. Back to what I should have asked. More was wondering if others feel they are off of there game do to lack of play based on BF
    Add Diver1 to Rail
  27. lol, wat a bunch of dicks
    Add pinishe45 to Rail
  28.  
    Originally Posted by Jorizz View Post

    Its proboly because you think you are a "good solid player" and is blinded by that thought to obvious mistakes and thus will never improve.

    most likely this...

     
    Originally Posted by sirswish6 View Post

    can kinda tell ur not very good, esp after u said "The guy in the BB ONLY played "All-In" poker."

    almost certainly this....

     
    Originally Posted by OneTime_10 View Post

    Sorry not trying to be rude but based on the fact that you say "you knew" you should have raise/folded 10bb's from utg after making it 3.3x you can't be very solid like you think. You should have either open jammed of open folded, nothing else. A8+, AXs jam and probably open fold the rest of your A rags, might be a tad off but close enough and you get the point.

    without question this....
     
    Add Icurazedmybb to Rail
  29.  
    Originally Posted by Diver1 View Post

    Agreed....I knew yet still did it. Back to what I should have asked. More was wondering if others feel they are off of there game do to lack of play based on BF

    Most likely yes. Poker is like anything else, if you haven't practiced your game for awhile then you are more than likely not going to be as sharp in spots like these like you used to. Its the fact that you say that "you knew" the right play and yet still took a completely different line that has me scratching my head.
     
    Add OneTime_10 to Rail
  30. if u think raise folding 10bb is solid then u really have to learn a lot. depending on how many player get the seat this is a shove or fold. if it's winner take all i think icm isnt important and u should jam with Ax with 4 to act and 10bb.
     1
    Add RedIceRap to Rail

Similar Threads