[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I know this is early but I want to get this going early to try and avoid all the last minute stuff as much as possible.

Here is a link to the thread from 2011

http://www.pocketfives.com/f13/2011-...s-pool-632266/

I think I will stick with the same rules. Obviously the player pools will change but I won’t be able to sort them until the field is finalised. I had a quick look through the thread and there didnt seem to be anything that needed changing from that contest but if anybody remembers anything or has some suggestions then let me know.

As for holding for the contest, this was another reason for wanting to start this early. While I dont mind holding, because I am in the UK, there is a small fee when transferring to me. It’s only like .20 for a $20 transfer but if this can be avoided then that would obviously be better. We should also do the same as some of the other contests and put “charity” in the box when sending or something and make sure there is no mention of the pool or anything. So is there anybody willing to hold?

Obviously teams cant be entered until the player groups are finalised but people can start transferring as soon as we find a holder. This will help spread payments out and hopefully reduce the chances of any paypal problems.

Updated Rules

1. Entry fee is $20. You may enter as many teams as you like for $20 each. The funds MUST be transferred to (whoever ends up holding) by Thursday morning April 11th, 30 minutes before the first tee time.

2. Each team will have 7 players. As soon as the list of players in the tournament is finalised i will get the groups up and how many players will be picked from each group. These will be based on world ranking so everybody can get an idea of how the pools will end up being split. I am thinking something like 2 Top 10 players, 1 11-20, 1 21-30, 1 31-45, 1 46-60 and 1 from the remaining players. But this could and probably will change slightly depending on how the groups split.

3. I will use the scores from your top 5 golfers as your score for each day. The bottom 2 scores will be dropped (except in the case of a tie breaker for the best daily score - see below). **Note: If a player withdraws prior to the start of the tournament, you may alter your team to include a player from the withdrawing player's group prior to the start of play Thursday morning. However, if you fail to do this, the withdrawing player will have a score equal to the worst score posted on each day. If a player withdraws during the tournament, tough luck. The withdrawing player will have a score equal to the worst score posted on each day. I recommend staying up on the golfing news so one of your picks doesnt back out last minute.

4. Your top 5 scores for each day will be added together for your team's final tournament score at the end of Sunday.

5. Important: If your team does not have 5 players make the cut, you will take the worst score for the day as your player's score. Example: If you have 4 players make the cut, you will use those 4 scores for Saturday/Sunday, and you will have to take the worst score posted on Saturday as your 5th score that day and the worst score posted on Sunday as your 5th score that day. If you only have 3 players make the cut, the worst score will count twice on Saturday and Sunday.

6. The best team score from each Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will get 10% of the total pot as a prize. To determine this winner, I will take the top 5 scores for that team (as discussed in Rule 3). In the event of a tie, I will go to the 6th player for this prize only. If we are tied after the 6th player, I will go on to the 7th player. If we are still tied after all 7 players' scores have been put together (and assuming that the two teams are not identical), we will start with each teams' top score and whichever is the better score will win. If there is a tie, we will go to the 2nd best score for the day and so on until there is a winner. If all 7 scores are identical, the team will split the prize. The only reason we will use the 6th and 7th players will be for these tie breakers.

7. Payouts:
    10% to the best score on Thursday
    10% to the best score on Friday
    10% to the best score on Saturday
    10% to the best score on Sunday
    10% to 3rd place overall
    15% to 2nd place overall
    35% to 1st place overall

8. Tiebreakers: In the event of a tie in overall scores (and again assuming that the teams are not identical), here are the tie breakers:

(a) I will use the individual players' scores. I will start with each teams' best finishing player for entire tournament (not just Sunday). If the top player for each team has the same overall score, I will move to the 2nd best player for each team, and so on.

(b) If the teams are still tied, I will split the prize. If 2 teams are tied for 1st place, they will split the prize for 1st and 2nd place (50% of the pot). If 3 teams are tied, they will split the prize for 1st through 3rd (60%).

9. Important: If your team does not conform to the rules, your team will be thrown out and your money will be refunded UNLESS you fix it before anyone tees off on Thursday.

10. I would prefer to have these as soon as possible, so that I can have a master sheet with everyone's teams. In any event, these teams must be in by 7 am on Thursday April 11th.
    Add djg23 to Rail
  2. In of course. Not sure this will get a ton of interest so any consideration to raising the buy in to $50 or so to make the prize pool a bit bigger. I am thinking that the 10 or 15 people who are going to enter would enter at both levels.
    Add psufan28 to Rail
  3. The other contest got 51 entries in around a week. While the lack of poker sites to transfer makes it harder, the extra time to get entries should mean we can at least get close to that. Obviously a lot of people will have multiple entries anyway.

Obviously a bigger side pool can be sorted but i think for the main pool $20 is good. I dont mind adding something when i do the spreadsheet if a few people want to sort out a bigger pool.
    Thread StarterAdd djg23 to Rail
  4. id be in----- prefer 50 but would do either . If people dont want to pay the fee i suggest a 3 or 4 tier holding money pattern of people who are the most trustworthy and would pay right at tourneys end. I would hold say a block of 200 or even vouch for a block of 200 held by certain guys. I wouldnt want to hold for everyone but if someone does thats fine with me as well. I really dont care how you do the money and i dont mind paying the fee but its totally up to you guys.

Add kev19 to Rail
  5. Yeah the blocks thing isnt a bad idea. Would also reduce the risk of an account being frozen or something.
  6. I'll take the way under on 51 entries. I think the 2 tier entry would be good. Something like the handicapping contests. You can enter each team for either $20 or $120. The people in for $120 teams just get an asterisk or some way to mark their names on the score tracking log and handle the payouts the same way. I would have no problem holding some of the higher buy in money if it actually gets interest.
    Add psufan28 to Rail
  7. Yeah i would take the under as well obv, but if you take into account multiple entries then i bet we get close than you think.

I can def do that for a 2 tier entry. Just do what tread does on his. Would obv make it so that if you enter the $100 (or whatever amount works) you have to enter the $20.

Would you guys want it at $100 for the bigger contest? More/less? doesnt matter to me as i will probably just stick to the 20
  8. Think $100 is a good second level.
    Add psufan28 to Rail
  9. I'm in for a few entries
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  10. In like flynn

Add TallyPoker to Rail
  11. Ill start up an interest list when i get home and pm a mod to change the op with the second tier
  12. I'll be in for $120.

Just replied to your PM too djg.
    Add 93-97___60-3 to Rail
  13. Ya id be in for 100 * 20 at 200 ud probably lose me

Add kev19 to Rail
  14. Im guessing you guys just want 1st place or 1st/2nd and not the daily winners in the bigger pool?
  15. Interest List
    $20
    djg23
    psufan28
    kev19
    coolhandkev
    tallypoker
    93-97___60-3

$100
    psufan28
    kev19
    tallypoker?
    93-97__60-3

Obv if anybody has any friends that want to play that arent on p5s that is ok
    Edited By: djg23 Mar 6th, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  16. Id most likely be in for the $20.
    Add danimal703 to Rail
  17. Haven't had much time over the last week to sort this out but I want to try and get this sorted.

I have never used it before but what are peoples thoughts on using leaguesafe instead of paypal? Hadn't even thought about that but saw the march madness pool was using it. Would save the trouble of multiple holders and the risks that there are with using paypal.
  18. I will be in for both $100 and $20.
    Add vernicle to Rail
  19. i'll enter the $20

Add Sdanby to Rail
    Originally Posted by djg23 View Post

Haven't had much time over the last week to sort this out but I want to try and get this sorted.

I have never used it before but what are peoples thoughts on using leaguesafe instead of paypal? Hadn't even thought about that but saw the march madness pool was using it. Would save the trouble of multiple holders and the risks that there are with using paypal.

League safe sounds fine to me. I'll be in for both pools as well.
    Add wab80 to Rail
  21. I'm down for a few if we can get the $ holding figured out
    Add gamblingfun to Rail
  22. I'm pretty sure il use league safe but just wanted to make sure it was good. Haven't used it before so I didn't know if there were any problems. I'll set it all up in the morning so we can get it all gong
  23. I donated last year. I'm in @ $20 again. Just tell me who to ship to.
    Add raisethis2 to Rail
  24. i'll donate $20 - keep us posted on when its all set up, how to make picks, where the money goes etc etc
    Add saxman to Rail
  25. Can you fund leauge safe thru paypal?
    Edited By: kiro15 Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Add kiro15 to Rail
  26. ill be in for 20 andi will ship via pokerstars if thats ok with you djg

Add norv to Rail
  27. Ive set up the leaguesafe group. For people that have used it before, do I have to go through and email everybody or can i just post a link itt so people can pay?

Edit. forget that link

Obv if you want to enter the 100 then just change the entry to 120 (have to play in the $20 as well if you are playing in the $100) or however much the total of your entries will be for multiple.

I just remembered as well. For the people playing in the $100, you can obv have multiple entries in the $20 but i would just need to know which one you want as your $100 entry, or you can obv enter all of them in both
    Edited By: djg23 Mar 19th, 2013 at 01:55 PM
  28. Interest
    $20
    djg23
    psufan28
    coolhandkev
    tallypoker
    93-97__60-3
    kev19
    danimal703
    vernicle
    sdanby
    wab80
    gamblingfun
    raisethis2
    saxman
    norv

$100
    psufan28
    tallypoker?
    93-97__60-3
    kev19
    vernicle
    wab80
  29. Did you set it up as a PGA pool, or a March Madness pool?

Cause if you did PGA, I don't believe you'll be able to pay people out until the end of the golf season. Not 100% sure of that, but something you may want to double check before you get too far in.
    Add 93-97___60-3 to Rail
  30. oh ok, yeah it was pga. ill delete it and start again

so if i do a march madness one, will it still be able to take entries up to the start of the masters?

No it wont, guess that stops us from being able to use league safe. That sucks
    Edited By: djg23 Mar 19th, 2013 at 01:58 PM