Its that time of the year again. I am just putting the player pools together now but the rules will pretty much be the same as last year.
I will hold on paypal for the smaller contest. However, I dont really want to hold for the bigger side pool. I am happy to keep track of it all but if something happened with paypal I would be able to cover it for the smaller contest. I wouldnt want to for the larger pool. Last year it was $20 for the smaller one and $100 for the bigger one. There were only 10 entries last year so it wouldnt be loads of payments if one of the regs would volunteer to hold for that.
I am going to increase the entry to $25. Not a big difference
Anyway here are the rules
1. Entry fee is $25. You may enter as many teams as you like for $25 each. The funds MUST be transferred to me by Thursday morning April 10th, before the first tee time.
2. Each team will have 7 players. 2 players from Pool 1 and 1 from each of the other pools. I will post the player list today.
3. I will use the scores from your top 5 golfers as your score for each day. The bottom 2 scores will be dropped (except in the case of a tie breaker for the best daily score - see below). **Note: If a player withdraws prior to the start of the tournament, you may alter your team to include a player from the withdrawing player's group prior to the start of play Thursday morning. However, if you fail to do this, the withdrawing player will have a score equal to the worst score posted on each day. If a player withdraws during the tournament, tough luck. The withdrawing player will have a score equal to the worst score posted on each day. I recommend staying up on the golfing news so one of your picks doesnt back out last minute.
4. Your top 5 scores for each day will be added together for your team's final tournament score at the end of Sunday.
5. Important: If your team does not have 5 players make the cut, you will take the worst score for the day as your player's score. Example: If you have 4 players make the cut, you will use those 4 scores for Saturday/Sunday, and you will have to take the worst score posted on Saturday as your 5th score that day and the worst score posted on Sunday as your 5th score that day. If you only have 3 players make the cut, the worst score will count twice on Saturday and Sunday.
6. The best team score from each Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will get 10% of the total pot as a prize. To determine this winner, I will take the top 5 scores for that team (as discussed in Rule 3). In the event of a tie, I will go to the 6th player for this prize only. If we are tied after the 6th player, I will go on to the 7th player. If we are still tied after all 7 players' scores have been put together (and assuming that the two teams are not identical), we will start with each teams' top score and whichever is the better score will win. If there is a tie, we will go to the 2nd best score for the day and so on until there is a winner. If all 7 scores are identical, the team will split the prize. The only reason we will use the 6th and 7th players will be for these tie breakers.
10% to the best score on Thursday
10% to the best score on Friday
10% to the best score on Saturday
10% to the best score on Sunday
10% to 3rd place overall
15% to 2nd place overall
35% to 1st place overall
There will be no daily prizes
Last year I paid 75/25 and it will be similar this time. I will confirm once we have final numbers though.
8. Tiebreakers: In the event of a tie in overall scores (and again assuming that the teams are not identical), here are the tie breakers:
(a) I will use the individual players' scores. I will start with each teams' best finishing player for entire tournament (not just Sunday). If the top player for each team has the same overall score, I will move to the 2nd best player for each team, and so on. However, if the top player from each team are tied but one of the players wins the tournament, the team with that player will go ahead.
(b) If the teams are still tied, I will split the prize. If 2 teams are tied for 1st place, they will split the prize for 1st and 2nd place (50% of the pot). If 3 teams are tied, they will split the prize for 1st through 3rd (60%).
9. Important: If your team does not conform to the rules, your team will be thrown out and your money will be refunded UNLESS you fix it before anyone tees off on Thursday.
10. I would prefer to have these as soon as possible, so that I can have a master sheet with everyone's teams. In any event, these teams must be in by the first tee time on Thursday April 10th.
In for 2 of the 25 ones thanks for running again
I'll send out the paypal details later today. Anyone who already has them then just send whenever.Edited By: djg23 Mar 25th, 2014 at 02:31 PM
In case the op was tldr then we need somebody to volunteer to hold for the $100 contest. It should only be 10-15 transfers at most.
Pool 1 - Pick 2
Pool 2 - Pick 1
Pool 3 - Pick 1
Pool 4 - Pick 1
Miguel Angel Jiminez
Pool 5 - Pick 1
Pool 6 - Pick 1
Brendon de Jonge
Jose Maria Olazabal
Anybody else who qualifies will be added to the last pool of players. Stephen Gallacher is almost certain to make it and a few others still can.
Edit. Just added it to opEdited By: djg23 Mar 25th, 2014 at 02:31 PM
In for at least a team or two. (sending $50 right now)
In for $100 side pool as well.
I'll also do the spreadsheet I did last year again to help provide as live as possible updates.
In for two teams. $250 total.
Also in for 100-300 heads up side bets where higher finish by selected entry wins versus anyone who wants to book it.
I think Sandy Lyle is going to make a comeback this year
there were 40 entries last year and i think there was over 50 the time before but that was when we had poker sites to send $$.
Deadline is first tee time on the thursday
Right, psufan has volunteered to hold for the $100. So send to me for the $25 and psufan28 for the $100. I know it is a little bit of a pain but it should take like an extra 20 seconds for anybody entering the $100 and just reduces the risk of anything happening with paypal and if it does then its less to sort out
shipped 50 for 2 entries and shipped 100 to psu for 1 entry
Got it thanks. Obv just let me know which of the 2 entries you want in the 100 when you do them
If we do 1 of each don't we have to have the same team?
Yeah. Same team. So its basically a $25 pool and the hundred is just on the side
Please PM me when you ship for 100. I get lots of PP transactions daily and could easily miss one for this if you don't call it out.
I'm in for the $25 pool. Need paypal info.
I'm in for one team...just need paypal info.
There is so much reading I have to do that my brain just doesnt want to do right now. I will probably do a team tho.
Bump for any night crowd who may be interested
Other side action still welcome
Think Ive sent the paypal info to anybody who has asked itt. Ill sort out who has already paid later on.
Ive just noticed on the payouts it says $20 pool. Obv this is the $25 pool.
Djg23 gonna RGrill. Too many words in to read tho. Can u use prepaid joints on PayPal.
Paid for 100:
Interest for 100: