[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

  1. I have a very good friend who I work with. Our workplace has random drug tests, therefore smoking the real stuff is not an option. I have zero drug background. I am 34 and have never smoked weed. I do my fare share of drinking and I have taken 8-10 hits of this fake shit. I enjoyed the high a few of the times, other times it was meh, but like I said, I have nothing to compare it to.

    My friend has the most addictive personality I have ever come across. He is 30 years old. Good job. Divorced.Two kids. Good looking guy with no problem getting laid, etc. He is a borderline alcoholic (if not full blown) and has recently been hitting this fake weed stuff very hard. I have never been the type of friend to call somebody out or get all emotional and shit, but lately I have been bringing stuff up to him to let him know I am concerned. I say things like "I am not trying to judge you or anything but that shit can't be good for you. You don't even know what it is. I read stories that kids are dying and shit." He takes it well and agrees that he needs to stop, and is going to stop. He makes these promises to me and he never follows through. He texts me and tells me that he flushed it all down the toilet and is quitting cold turkey. Then a week later I hang out with him at his house and he just fires right up, saying nothing. I get irritated but never really confront him on it. He doesn't want to do anything except go home, hit the couch, smoke this shit and play games or watch TV. It gets old.

    This last time he fired up in front of me he obviously feels guilty and says " I made myself a promise that I would make it my New Years Resolution to quit." I just roll my eyes and laugh. I know you are not supposed to get addicted to weed, so I don't think he is physically addicted to the stuff, but I know he is addicted to getting high. Like I said, I am not trying to get all judgmental on him, he is a very good friend who I am not going to lose regardless, but I just can't be around this shit anymore. I find myself getting more and more angry that he acts like this. Any advice?



    edit: There was a recent memo passed around work that they can now test for this artificial weed, but I am not sure how true that really is.
  2. the fake shit gets you high?
     
  3.  
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

    the fake shit gets you high?

    yes it does....
    Thread Starter
  4. Fuck the man!
     
  5. ftr no one knows if smoking synthetic cannabinoids is harmful, but I have a feeling this isn't something you want to do regularly. the herbs and shit they spray it on isn't any worse than smoking american spirits or whatever the fuck else.
  6. Not your place really. Just let him do what he wants, and worry about you.
  7. Hard to blame him. Driving school buses is stressful.
  8.  
    Originally Posted by LizardBoy View Post

    yes it does....

    idk man. I tried the fake shit once. I thought it was like o'douls. Like for people that like the taste of weed without the THC. But I guess if you smoke enough of anything you'd get a buzz. I have friends that smoked dried banana peels. Anyway, being physically addicted to something would require an addicting substance, (which weed doesn't contain). Addicting personalities are basically a fag way of saying "I have no self control or will power"
     
  9. Drug tests: potentially resulting in harmful side effects since 1992
  10.  
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

    Anyway, being physically addicted to something would require an addicting substance, (which weed doesn't contain). Addicting personalities are basically a fag way of saying "I have no self control or will power"

    edit - just lol at you, fag
    Edited By: Hank H1LL Dec 29th, 2011 at 09:28 PM
  11. mods plz merge:

  12. well what is it spice, bath salts, salvia??? wtf
     
  13. I tried this stuff once with friends just for fun and it was not that fun and I do not remember getting high. I also read an article online about it burning people lungs or something (?) and have not had any desire to try it ever again.
  14.  
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

    idk man. I tried the fake shit once. I thought it was like o'douls. Like for people that like the taste of weed without the THC. But I guess if you smoke enough of anything you'd get a buzz. I have friends that smoked dried banana peels. Anyway, being physically addicted to something would require an addicting substance, (which weed doesn't contain). Addicting personalities are basically a fag way of saying "I have no self control or will power"

    I agree with most of this. By addictive personality I mean he becomes obsessed with everything he does. He asked me for years to get him into online poker but I never did. I took him to the card tables a few times, but that's it. I knew if he got into it, he would be the type to put his rent money online and shit, thinking he could hit big. I agree that he has no self control. Like I said, I have nothing to compare the high to, but the few times I smoked the stuff, I definitely was fucked up for about 15 minutes or so.
    Thread Starter
  15. Take him out somewhere and start a conversation with good looking girls, somehow bring up a friend of yours (don't call him out, just make up a name) is smoking that shit and what do they think about it. Most likely they will say it's dumb as hell and wouldn't be with a guy who wastes time/money on that shit.

    If that doesn't help him then smack him around like you're the godfather and tell him to act like a man.
    Edited By: mackieinva Dec 29th, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Reason: just read over it and noticed I used the wrong you're, I kind of hate myself right now
  16.  
    Originally Posted by cocoa_butter111 View Post

    well what is it spice, bath salts, salvia??? wtf


    K2, Mad Hatter, Pineapple Express, White Rhino, Cloud Nine. It has dozens of names. He buys it in these mom and pop gas stations.
    Thread Starter
  17.  
    Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde View Post

    Addicting personalities are basically a fag way of saying "I have no self control or will power"


    Yeaahh, I'm gonna have to go ahead and sorta....disagree with ya...

     
  18.  
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

    edit - just lol at you, fag

    the hate wagon is full hank. There is only room for people I've heard of at this point.
     
  19. you are 1 pathetic little man. enjoy your internet, though.
  20.  
    Originally Posted by mackieinva View Post

    Take him out somewhere and start a conversation with good looking girls, somehow bring up a friend of yours (don't call him out, just make up a name) is smoking that shit and what do they think about it. Most likely they will say it's dumb as hell and wouldn't be with a guy who wastes time/money on that shit.

    If that doesn't help him then smack him around like your the godfather and tell him to act like a man.

    What I want to say is something like "Dude, your a dad. You have a good job. Step back and look at yourself. It's not cool." He has dreams of becoming a plant manager at our workplace. I want to say, "could you really see a plant manager at a nice company like ours going home and getting baked off dime store fake weed?" Just have some fucking responsibility. It scares me what he may do when I am not around.
    Thread Starter
  21.  
    Originally Posted by LizardBoy View Post

    I agree with most of this. By addictive personality I mean he becomes obsessed with everything he does. He asked me for years to get him into online poker but I never did. I took him to the card tables a few times, but that's it. I knew if he got into it, he would be the type to put his rent money online and shit, thinking he could hit big. I agree that he has no self control. Like I said, I have nothing to compare the high to, but the few times I smoked the stuff, I definitely was fucked up for about 15 minutes or so.

    well i guess since he is not smoking actual weed, he does have some self control. He's obviously passionate about what he gets interested in. You're probably right he might easily turn into a degen if you introduce him to the online poker scene.

    However, he's chasing a high or a buzz, and there are a lot of worse things he could be doing besides fake week. It's probably one of those that he would lose interest in as soon as something else steals it

     
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

    you are 1 pathetic little man. enjoy your internet, though.

    log out hank, no one will care
     
  22.  
    Originally Posted by LizardBoy View Post

    I have a very good friend who I work with. Our workplace has random drug tests, therefore smoking the real stuff is not an option. I have zero drug background. I am 34 and have never smoked weed. I do my fare share of drinking and I have taken 8-10 hits of this fake shit. I enjoyed the high a few of the times, other times it was meh, but like I said, I have nothing to compare it to.

    My friend has the most addictive personality I have ever come across. He is 30 years old. Good job. Divorced.Two kids. Good looking guy with no problem getting laid, etc. He is a borderline alcoholic (if not full blown) and has recently been hitting this fake weed stuff very hard. I have never been the type of friend to call somebody out or get all emotional and shit, but lately I have been bringing stuff up to him to let him know I am concerned. I say things like "I am not trying to judge you or anything but that shit can't be good for you. You don't even know what it is. I read stories that kids are dying and shit." He takes it well and agrees that he needs to stop, and is going to stop. He makes these promises to me and he never follows through. He texts me and tells me that he flushed it all down the toilet and is quitting cold turkey. Then a week later I hang out with him at his house and he just fires right up, saying nothing. I get irritated but never really confront him on it. He doesn't want to do anything except go home, hit the couch, smoke this shit and play games or watch TV. It gets old.

    This last time he fired up in front of me he obviously feels guilty and says " I made myself a promise that I would make it my New Years Resolution to quit." I just roll my eyes and laugh. I know you are not supposed to get addicted to weed, so I don't think he is physically addicted to the stuff, but I know he is addicted to getting high. Like I said, I am not trying to get all judgmental on him, he is a very good friend who I am not going to lose regardless, but I just can't be around this shit anymore. I find myself getting more and more angry that he acts like this. Any advice?



    edit: There was a recent memo passed around work that they can now test for this artificial weed, but I am not sure how true that really is.

    lol dude chill out. I'm surprised someone who likes to get high as much as this guy even bothers with a stiff like you.
     
  23. I envy your internet reputation. do you collect disability or something?
  24. lol mr blonde, that's some of the dumbest shit i've read on here, so sick of idiots saying dumb shit like that when they have no clue. Self control is one thing, but certain people are a lot more likely to become addicted to something.

    As for OP pm kommonscentz.
    Edited By: AMARTIN1181 Dec 29th, 2011 at 09:57 PM
  25.  
    Originally Posted by Hank H1LL View Post

    I envy your internet reputation. do you collect disability or something?

    yup, you envy that too?
     
  26. I stopped at "borderline alcoholic"

    no such thing..you either are or you aren't.

     
    Originally Posted by Glo4m View Post

    mods plz merge:


    lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo...wfp!!!
  27. I figured you were a little "special."
  28. The stuff is illegal is PA now.
  29.  
    Originally Posted by Popperhead View Post


    BAHAHAHAHA i dont...thats just...thank you.