[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I am graduating and luckily got hired for a position. The thing is, I am a recovering long time marijuana user. I used every day for nearly 8 years, but have been drug free for the last 40 days. As part of my employment, I must participate in a physical by a local physician. Also, there is a drug screening. I must take the physical next week and was told to fast the night before.

So my questions are, why would they ask me to fast?
    What kind of drug screen should I expect? (blood, urine, hair?)
    Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of testing negative?
    Any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Add The K-Man to Rail
  2. I'm pretty sure urine is all they'll test and weed only lasts up to a week in urine. Blood test is up to a month I believe. Hair test = gg job.
    Add Brooklyn999 to Rail
  3. I can't answer the marijuana part, but anytime you have blood work done you have to fast. I don't really know why, but it is standard.
    Add midmoguy to Rail
  4. You should be all right man, as long as it's a urine or saliva test. 40 days clean is good, and definitely more than enough to test clean.

I would recommend working out and drinking lots of water just to be safe, but unless they give you a hair follicle test, which most companies don't, you will be money.
    Add jimmycrackcorn to Rail
    Originally Posted by Brooklyn999 View Post

I'm pretty sure urine is all they'll test and weed only lasts up to a week in urine. Blood test is up to a month I believe. Hair test = gg job.

Totally the opposite as far as blood and urine go. Urine = up to a month Blood = up to a week
    Add jimmycrackcorn to Rail
  6. fasting would be for bloodtest most likely
    Add str8frush to Rail
    Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post

Originally Posted by Brooklyn999 View Post

I'm pretty sure urine is all they'll test and weed only lasts up to a week in urine. Blood test is up to a month I believe. Hair test = gg job.

Totally the opposite as far as blood and urine go. Urine = up to a month Blood = up to a week

link?
    Add Brooklyn999 to Rail
  8. Check ur PM.

I was clean three weeks and passed a hair test. I payed for it in the next week but it was very worth it.
    Add lilpmoney8 to Rail
  9. Blood(10-14) and urine(30) your good, Hair is 90 days and real hard to beat.
    Add strippersupporter to Rail
  10. You fast so that they can accurately test for hypoglycemia. If you've eaten within 8 hours or so, the test would measure the carbs you've recently eaten instead of what you're normally at.

Add BigGunX to Rail
  11. What kind of company is it? Aren't hair tests a bit expensive?
    Add gillabong to Rail
  12. I was planning to take Naturally Klean before my screening to aid in passing. My friend has used it for multiple tests when he never stopped smoking. Does anyone think it would be a bad idea to use that since they are taking blood (I don't want unexpected levels of anything, Naturally Klean has vitamin B12 and creatine, I think, to mask the dilution)

The position is for a chemical engineer for a large corporation.
    Thread StarterAdd The K-Man to Rail
  13. Weed last for up to a month in urine. It can also be stored in your fat cells if you were a heavy user...Do not lose any weight prior. The fasting is for testing cholesterol and triglycerides.
    Add RichardHurtz to Rail
    Originally Posted by The K-Man View Post

The position is for a chemical engineer for a large corporation.

You are screwed. That kind of position requires a hair test.
    Add Niceguy to Rail
  15. I dont recommend using any masking materials.
    Add RichardHurtz to Rail
  16. in one instance, i stopped smoking for 3 weeks and passed a piss test EZ.

another time, i smoked heavily up until the day before the test and i took some shit called Ultimate Gold and drank a boatload of water and passed a piss test. had to take it twice, because the first time my piss was too dilute LOL. i got nervous as fuck!

edit: also was at an interview for a job, and during the interview, the bossman told me i had to take a hair follicle test (to work in a fucking warehouse, go figure). i straight up told him i wouldn't pass the test, shook his hand, laughed, and left the building ASAP.

the BEST part of that was, the "bossman" interviewing me was my ex-girlfriend's dad. ROFL
    Add goatmeal1 to Rail
  17. sounds like youre in for a blood test.... but if its urine I highly recommend copious amounts of 100% cranberry juice and water in the 48+ hrs leading up to it....... has worked for me several times and Im a heavy user.
    Add normlfella to Rail
  18. Everyone is looking to pass the test rather than fight the system.

So if you get high on Friday night they have a problem with you on Monday morning? I say fuck em. I have kids to support but I would like to think if my employer wants a drug test they can find someone else to work for them.

Come to think of it, if I get high on Sunday night why the fuck should they care as long as I show up on Monday.

People need to wake up and realize you only work for them, they don't own you!
    Add goboro2 to Rail
  19. lolz @ recovering MJ user... but i can answer all those ?'s 4 ya- they'll do urine drug test, not hair. MJ will be gone from your system in 30days tops, less if you have a very low body fat % & you work out(cardio) on a regular basis. The fasting is for bloodwork, & the reason for this is recent meal consumption will skew results of several basic labs (i.e. lipid panel which screens & gives the breakdown of all your dif cholesterol levels). Also have great solution for drug screen if you are NOT able 2 pass legitimately, lol, but as you are 40+ days clean & sober from the very toxic addictive substance MJ (LOLOL), then there is no need for me 2 continue :) Hope this helps! glgl

<3 ~ Poker Playing Nurse:)
    Add WhatevDude to Rail
    Originally Posted by goboro2 View Post

Everyone is looking to pass the test rather than fight the system.

So if you get high on Friday night they have a problem with you on Monday morning? I say fuck em. I have kids to support but I would like to think if my employer wants a drug test they can find someone else to work for them.

Come to think of it, if I get high on Sunday night why the fuck should they care as long as I show up on Monday.

While I agree with some of what you say, you couldn't be more wrong. Do they own you? No. But they have an image they want to keep clean. Imagine how it would look if I, a high school teacher, failed a drug test? That would look bad on the whole county if they didn't fire me. Or at least suspend me.

Put it this way. If you owned a business, would you hire a known crack head? Even if he was good worker? Knowing that you'd lose business if you hired him? Don't think so.
    Add Prfsr_Cain to Rail
    Originally Posted by WhatevDude View Post

lolz @ recovering MJ user... but i can answer all those ?'s 4 ya- they'll do urine drug test, not hair. MJ will be gone from your system in 30days tops, less if you have a very low body fat % & you work out(cardio) on a regular basis. The fasting is for bloodwork, & the reason for this is recent meal consumption will skew results of several basic labs (i.e. lipid panel which screens & gives the breakdown of all your dif cholesterol levels). Also have great solution for drug screen if you are NOT able 2 pass legitimately, lol, but as you are 40+ days clean & sober from the very toxic addictive substance MJ (LOLOL), then there is no need for me 2 continue :) Hope this helps! glgl

<3 ~ Poker Playing Nurse:)

Can you change youre profile picture?
    Add goboro2 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Prfsr_Cain View Post

While I agree with some of what you say, you couldn't be more wrong. Do they own you? No. But they have an image they want to keep clean. Imagine how it would look if I, a high school teacher, failed a drug test? That would look bad on the whole county if they didn't fire me. Or at least suspend me.

Put it this way. If you owned a business, would you hire a known crack head? Even if he was good worker? Knowing that you'd lose business if you hired him? Don't think so.

Sorry but you couldn't be more wrong.

Teacher, Cop, Bus driver, take your pick.

I'll judge the work you do while you're working not what you do on your free time.
    Add goboro2 to Rail

I'll judge the work you do while you're working not what you do on your free time.

That's only you sir. Unfortunately, most humans don't think that way. I wouldn't go to McDonald's if they had crackwhores working there........wait, bad example.

Would you want your brain surgeon to be addicted to meth?
    Add Prfsr_Cain to Rail
    Originally Posted by Prfsr_Cain View Post

That's only you sir. Unfortunately, most humans don't think that way. I wouldn't go to McDonald's if they had crackwhores working there........wait, bad example.

Would you want your brain surgeon to be addicted to meth?

Based on your profile pic you seem to be a weed is fine all else is bad kind of guy.

Problem is you've let 'The Man' clasify a relatively harmless recreational drug like marijuana fit the category of drugs to test for prior to or during employment. If I needed brain surgery I'd go to the best qualified brain surgeon regardless of his extra curricular activities.
    Add goboro2 to Rail

I don't think this is them wanting to "own you" as much as it is just the companies trying to cover their asses. Hiring a person that uses drugs increases their liabilities and insurance. Not saying that drug users are irresponsible here, but if there's somebody that uses and then goes to work, it increases the odds of an accident immensely.

Naturally this doesn't apply in all scenarios, but anybody operating machinery or anything that could potentially harm other people this becomes a great concern.

I really don't think companies care what you do on your own personal time, but I do think they're afraid of those rare cases where the people come to work under the influence and end up hurting/killing a person on the job because their judgment wasn't 100%. Then they're looking at premium increases, life insurance payouts, etc.

Just my .02
    Add ciz to Rail
  26. I appreciate all the replies. I went to CVS this morning and purchased a First Check Drug Test kit and with my 2nd piss of the morning it said I was negative. I am taking this as good news but am still scared as shit. It would be very embarassing to fail the test and not get the job.

One other question though, with the fasting before the the physical, am I allowed to drink any fluids, just water or non at all? I will find the details out on Monday, but was just curious.

Thanks again, and as always, any other info is welcome.
    Thread StarterAdd The K-Man to Rail
  27. I don't think this is them wanting to "own you" as much as it is just the companies trying to cover their asses. Hiring a person that uses drugs increases their liabilities and insurance. Not saying that drug users are irresponsible here, but if there's somebody that uses and then goes to work, it increases the odds of an accident immensely.

Naturally this doesn't apply in all scenarios, but anybody operating machinery or anything that could potentially harm other people this becomes a great concern.

I really don't think companies care what you do on your own personal time, but I do think they're afraid of those rare cases where the people come to work under the influence and end up hurting/killing a person on the job because their judgment wasn't 100%. Then they're looking at premium increases, life insurance payouts, etc.

Just my .02

What I think you're overlooking here is that human beings are prone to distractions, mistakes and doing stupid things no matter what addictions they may have. You could bring up plenty of commercial and industrial accidents which resulted in fatalaties because the guilty party was talking on a cell phone, looking at some cute girl's ass instead of on what they were doing, was distraught because of being in the middle of a break-up with their girl or boyfriend, was unable to concentrate due to lack of sleep for any number of reasons, grieving over the death of a friend or family member, etc., etc.

The federal government, insurance companies and employers are all desperately trying to play the "blame game" and want marijuana use to be the "catch-all" scapegoat. Personally I'd much rather put my life in the hands of a brain surgeon who likes to smoke marijuana after work than on an alcoholic doctor, by a long shot.

My last comment is that heavy marijuana use is NOT the same as being a crack-head, meth freak, heroin junkie or cocaine addict and the continued effort by the government and non-users to try to equate this as being the same is the height of blind ignorance.
    Add 2Slick4u to Rail
  28. Dude you got 40+ days sober, youll be fine if its blood or piss, gl regardless
    Add xxACES UPxx to Rail