[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. lol how do the phils not play one, my god. ill take it!

2. It's "Faith Night" at PNC Park. Hurdle, Cutch, Walker, and a few others will be sharing their beliefs with some of the fans who stay after.

I'm trying to figure out what the Universe is trying to tell Pirates fans with this 13-0 blowout. Someone connect the dots for me, please.
  3. that you guys just played in your world series(most important series in 20 years), and now your yearly collapse will begin. gjge

4. LOL SEATTLE
  5. jesus christ. felix gets so fucked in his starts. i mean, they must literally just get drunk and fuck off in his starts and assume he's gonna throw 125 pitch CG and hope they win 1-0 or 2-0

7. Red Sox down 5 in the 9th? Ain't no thing.
  8. Really wish I were on Yawkey Way right now
    Originally Posted by marc1313 View Post

Really wish I were on Yawkey Way right now

Qjuice is. Lucky fucktard
  10. Better that the mariners lost. Better draft pick and this year is lost anyway as usual
  11. To rub in the Phillies loss some more.

I just went and checked all the scores after getting out of the shower.

Phillies were my only loss in a 9-team parlay today that would have paid out $570 off $5. Sighhhhhh.
    Originally Posted by SpankyHamm View Post

Darvish has 14 K's through 6 but didn't get any in the 7th (and already at 111 pitches).

4th game this year with 14, two versus the Diamondbacks. When he is on his game, it's scary how good he is.
  13. Fucking wow. Was at the Sox game tonight. Greatest inning of baseball I'll ever watch live in my life. Really just insane being there

14. Hey at least the answer to the trivia question "what's the latest into the season the Pirates have held first place in their division?" will be different this year. You just can't completely ignore the fact that you're the Pirates.
  15. The answer to that is the last day of the season and it's been done many times.

Just not recently.
  16. It's getting harder and harder to watch the phils, especially with that incompetent fuck RAJ running things like its 2008 still.
  17. Josh Johnson just can't get it together. He's able to hit the sweet spot of the bat consistently though, so that's a positive.
    Originally Posted by BulldogCafe View Post

Josh Johnson just can't get it together. He's able to hit the sweet spot of the bat consistently though, so that's a positive.

http://jaysjournal.com/2013/08/01/ca...for-blue-jays/

Basically, he's been really unlucky (even considering move to AL, worse parks for pitchers, etc). A lot of his metrics are in line with his career numbers, except for his HR/FB ratio, which is 10% higher than his career average and 9% higher than the normal league average. Anything above a 13% HR/FB average is considered really, really unlucky, and JJ's this year is almost 19%. Even if you factor in a 4% bump from his career average for the sandboxes he now plays in, you still gotta figure he can be a lot better than this.

For the Jays' sake, I hope he continues to be somewhat unlucky so the numbers don't improve and he basically has to accept a qualifying offer and doesn't get a raise. He can wait until next year to be good.
    Edited By: BubbaKGB Aug 2nd, 2013 at 08:35 PM
  19. So, can we pool some money to send Papelbon to a Brooks and Dunn concert, liquor him up, and point a hidden camera at him?
    Originally Posted by Magnet Steve View Post

So, can we pool some money to send Papelbon to a Brooks and Dunn concert, liquor him up, and point a hidden camera at him?

Yeah you know that fucker has got a lotta Rocker in him.
    Originally Posted by Magnet Steve View Post

So, can we pool some money to send Papelbon to a Brooks and Dunn concert, liquor him up, and point a hidden camera at him?

It would be simpler to place him between ryan howard and a cheeseburger and let nature take its course.
    Originally Posted by Niceguy View Post

It would be simpler to place him between ryan howard and a cheeseburger and let nature take its course.

Ah, but if Pap injures him during a non-game-related incident, does Howard's salary still count against the luxury tax? You also can't eat 2/3rds of his salary and trade him to the American League... either one of them.
  23. Bovadas Updated World Series Odds

Tigers 6/1
    Braves 7/1
    Cards 15/2
    Pirates 12/1

Couple other interesting ones. Nats all the way down at 33/1 now, fml. Might throw a little on them for the late season sweat, lol.
  24. rays at 17/2 is by faaar the best value. theyre def the most complete AL team. really cant see them losing to anyone in the al in a 5/7 game series

25. The playoffs are a crapshoot, just go for the division winners with the longest odds imo.

EDIT: Meh it looks like Vegas realizes this, I don't see a ton of value. But I'm not a big sports bettor.
    Edited By: Pghfan987 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 10:32 PM
  26. Nor am I, mainly just futures at various points of the year, mainly for the sweats. Nothing I have going so far looks great except for DET to win but that was the fav at the time anyway so who cares. Agree with QW about TB, Ill prob drop a hundo on them and STL and one other from the NL, just so I have two going from each league. Prob PIT because I refuse to root for LAD and I cant root for someone else within the NL East (ATL).
  27. your best bet to pick 3 teams would prob be LAD STL TB imo. I think all three will win their division, and ill take LAD or STL over ATL/PIT/CIN in 5/7 game series. put 100 on each, la wins you net 500, stl nets you 550 and tb nets you 650.

i really think there is value on the rays though. i might put some money on bovada and throw 500 on them this weekend. theyve been playing the best ball of anyone since june 1 and the Al is pretty weak. overall. if verlander finds his form the tigers would be a threat, but he's pretty lost right now, even after his last game of 7 ip 2er or whatever it was

28. It would be a sucker bet. Wait till they go on their losing streak, and catch it a bit better price.

There is no way their pitching can remain at its current level, or the amount of innings they are putting in. Their starters pushing each other to go complete is masking their sub-standard bullpen that they had to add an injured jesse crain to try and fix.
  29. i think their bullpen is fine. their team is made up of strong arms who will/are going to go 6-7 every single time, and i think peralta and rodney are fine for the setup and closer role. dont know much about their mid relief, but like i said, theyre literally never going to need them in the playoffs when theyre going price/moore/hellickson/archer and have hernandez for a long relief guy.

agree though, they prob will hit a slump like the cards and you can prob hit their peak value at 9 or 10-1. it aint gonna get a ton better though than 8.5. only reason its that high is because the sox will prob be pushing them while the A's and tigers look to be running away with the division, but i don't see the sox winning the east.

30. Hellickson is sketch and I see Moore having a disappointing rest of the season. Archer is inexperienced. Difference of opinion I suppose.