[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Apparently Headley is the Bucs' top trade target, and the Pirates and Padres GMs have been in talks over the last two days. The Bucs are also interested in LaHair, probably as a backup plan.

I think giving the Padres Pedro Alvarez for Headley makes a lot of sense for both teams: Pedro has been remarkably inconsistent in his MLB career, but he still has huge potential. It's very difficult to gauge Pedro's trade value right now; I'm sure the opinions of GMs vary greatly on him. If the Padres don't want Pedro, the Bucs have plenty of pitching in the Minors to acquire Headley, and it wouldn't take Cole or Taillon, I'm sure. The Bucs are trying to win starting this season and they hope to remain competitive for years. Headley and his .381 OBP would be a great fit in Pittsburgh.
  2. Lol Brewers. Lord that team sucks.
  3. Sale and Kershaw tonight. Nice.
  4.  1
  5. More good news from cains perfect game, Aubrey huff injured his knee trying to jump the dugout railing after the last out, will probably head to the dl. This eliminates a huge hole on the roster.
    Originally Posted by Pghfan987 View Post

Look on the bright-side, I saw Cole got promoted to AA. It's probably not totally unreasonable that he could be in the rotation out of ST next year, right?
  7. Padres with a sweep, instead of the other way around.

Originally Posted by gillabong View Post

Lol Brewers. Lord that team sucks.

this was one team i was way off about so far in my preseason predictions. I thought they'd be in contention in that division.
    Originally Posted by Mkind16 View Post

Look on the bright-side, I saw Cole got promoted to AA. It's probably not totally unreasonable that he could be in the rotation out of ST next year, right?

I think the earliest we could possibly see Cole is next summer. If the Bucs call Cole up in June as opposed to April, they will have him for another year of control. So even IF he dominates AA for the rest of this season, he won't get a real shot at making the MLB club - just like Starling Marte, our AAA prospect (AA last year) who dominated Spring Training, but was still sent to Indianapolis.

I will be watching Cole's progress closely, though. Our future depends a lot on him. Thanks for the heads up on his promotion.
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

this was one team i was way off about so far in my preseason predictions. I thought they'd be in contention in that division.

You playin the Venetian or the Deepstack today Luke?

11. u wanna buy a piece? My name's Andrew.

u wanna buy a piece? My name's Andrew.

Bullshit. Arent you black? There are no black Andrews.
  13.  1

i knew this team would suck. no way aramis was gonna protect braun and aside from weeks who is starting off horrible batting like .170, the rest of the bats are garbage. theyre like a worse phillies team in every aspect. worse offense and worse pitching. no way they were gonna make a run. its def the year for the reds imo, hope my cards keep it close tho and make a run late again.

15. Lone exception.

Bullshit. Arent you black? There are no black Andrews.

SMH

Lone exception.

Bynum

18. Packers backup TE Andrew Quarless is black. I knew that knowing that that would come in handy someday.
    Edited By: Mkind16 Jun 15th, 2012 at 10:04 PM
  19. I'm embarrassed by my knowledge of so few black Andrews.
    Edited By: gillabong Jun 15th, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  20. Good news: Jason Bay injures himself diving for a fly ball and is coming out of the game
    Bad news: Jay Bruce inside the park HR

I still say that transaction favors the Mets.
    Edited By: Mkind16 Jun 16th, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  21. bay started showing a little tiny bit of life. and now hes out again. mets really needed his RH bat. guy cant catch a break
  22. Gonzalez looking nasty through 2. But Yanks doing good job of making him work. 40 pitches 5ks

Originally Posted by smheilbron View Post

bay started showing a little tiny bit of life. and now hes out again. mets really needed his RH bat. guy cant catch a break

It's sad that 2/25 with 1 HR since coming off the DL qualifies as "showing a tiny bit of life" by Jason Bay standards.
  24. i think he also hit a solid foul ball the other day too
    Originally Posted by dominant00 View Post

Gonzalez looking nasty through 2. But Yanks doing good job of making him work. 40 pitches 5ks

Yawn

Originally Posted by smheilbron View Post

i think he also hit a solid foul ball the other day too

I lol'd. Seriously tho, Ike Davis seems to have woken up this week finally
  26. Trevor Plouffe has 8 bombs in his last 12 games. Who?
  27. Yanks just cant do it.

Granderson extends the streak. Love it.

Trevor Plouffe has 8 bombs in his last 12 games. Who?

Make that 9.

Trevor Plouffe has 8 bombs in his last 12 games. Who?

First round pick of the Twins in '04. Looked like he was gonna be a bust until he started showing power in the minors a few years ago. Then he looked like a bust until about 3 weeks ago. And now he's got as many home runs as Giancarlo Stanton.
  30. Jimmy Leyland sitll hasn't learned that you don't put Papa Fatass in the game in a non save situation.
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 83 4 5 6 7