[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. So I've noticed that the defensive shift is happening a lot more than it used to. I remember the days when the only infield shift I'd see was when Mo Vaughn was at the plate. It seems to becoming a more popular trend over the last couple of seasons, especially this year. The Jays use it frequently, Brett Lawrie spends a fair bit of time in shallow right.

The evolution of baseball... http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/5/17/30...nsive-shifting
    Add BulldogCafe to Rail

2. .355/.420/.605 for Trout tho
    Edited By: gamma21 May 21st, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Add gamma21 to Rail
  3. we get it, youd let trout give you a facial any day of the week.

Add quietwinner to Rail
  4. Ive been waiting for years for Teixeira to lay down a bunt or something.

Mine as well shift if the hitters wont make any adjustments.

Add dominant00 to Rail
  5. Yankees 6 for their last 60 with RISP... yikes
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  6. agree 100% with OP regarding the shifts. boggles my mind that more guys don't lay down bunts to keep teams honest.
    Edited By: marc1313 May 22nd, 2012 at 01:19 AM
    Add marc1313 to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

Yankees 6 for their last 60 with RISP... yikes

Getting pathetic now.

Add dominant00 to Rail
  8. yankees suckkkkkkkk
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  9. yu darvish vs. king felix tonight at safeco. it'll prob be a 9-8 game now that i posted about it, but damn that's a sick matchup- can't think of two guys with a bigger arsenal of pitches.
    Add marc1313 to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

Yankees 6 for their last 60 with RISP... yikes

Getting super annoying considering I have Jeter, Cano, A-Rod, Swisher and Tex in 1 league and all but Cano in another.
    Add wab80 to Rail
  11. Garza looked like shit today.
    Add cmval to Rail
  12. Nats baby! Suck on that Phillies

Add Shaaarrrp to Rail
  13. HOLY FUCKING ZOOM POKER AD.

Oh and I'm going to need Mike Trout updates after each at bat.
    Edited By: Pghfan987 May 22nd, 2012 at 03:02 AM
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
  14. Reds win and are tied for 1st. The Cards are tied 1-1 in the 7th.

Crazy stat. This year Ryan Hanigan makes contact on 90% of the pitches he swings at and 98% of the pitches he swings at in the strike zone. To compare, Votto makes contact on 78% of the pitches he swings at.
    Edited By: whoMikeB May 22nd, 2012 at 03:04 AM
    Add whoMikeB to Rail
    Originally Posted by wab80 View Post

Getting super annoying considering I have Jeter, Cano, A-Rod, Swisher and Tex in 1 league and all but Cano in another.

Maybe if you weren't such a Yankees homer you would be better at fantasy baseball, and realize that Cano sucks defensively. Yes, he's in the bottom 5 in the league. He's better defensively than Uggla tho!
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
  16. Raise the jolly roger (the radio call after a Pirates victory)!!! Pretty satisfying win against the Mets tonight, considering we were down 4-0 early, and our offense is terrible on a historic scale, and I hate Waco.
    Add Pghfan987 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Reech View Post

erstwhile OTer jdsas just txted me that Lance Berkman's injury is just a damaged meniscus, not an acl, and he should miss 4-5 weeks, as opposed to being potentially done for his career. play on berkie!

from nqtw
    Add Reech to Rail
  18. i saw 6-8 weeks. hope its sooner. fantasy team obv
    Add jetman4109 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Pghfan987 View Post

Raise the jolly roger (the radio call after a Pirates victory)!!! Pretty satisfying win against the Mets tonight, considering we were down 4-0 early, and our offense is terrible on a historic scale, and I hate Waco.

lol <3
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  20. Ichiro > Yu Felix > Yu etc

Add SaulGood to Rail
    Originally Posted by jetman4109 View Post

i saw 6-8 weeks. hope its sooner. fantasy team obv

i think he'd heal faster if he grew some goddam facial hair.
    Add Reech to Rail
  22. that 6-60 stat was before a night full of fail with RISP... it would be funnier to me if the Mets didn't lose another heartbreaker =/

I picked up Paulino tho and started him even with the tough matchup, so loving that part of it.
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  23. yanks are really struggling right now.

pitching hitting you name it.

lol @ cano being bottom 5 at fielding. please
    Add cchan to Rail
  24. Yu gettin served pretty hard somehow. How do you have 6 walks in the 4th against the Mariners offense. ouch

Add SaulGood to Rail
    Originally Posted by cchan View Post

lol @ cano being bottom 5 at fielding. please

Because he looks good playing the position? He just doesn't have very good lateral movement.
    Edited By: krs33 May 22nd, 2012 at 04:28 AM
    Add krs33 to Rail
  26. it had been a while since the mets dropped a routine flyball and lost the game. everything seems right with the world again.
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
  27. Reds though
    Add ronkend to Rail
  28. how in fucks name do the dodgers keep putting up 6+ runs without kemp? i mean tonight they sat every single starter but either and gwynn. talk about making the world right again, please bring this team back to earth, so fuckin tilting to see them mash the ball with a team full of .250 contact hitters

Add quietwinner to Rail
  29. It's a league full of .250 contact hitters let's be real here lol

qw im digging your baseball posts tho
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  30. Congratulations Arizona,

You just lost to the Albuquerque Isotopes.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Add Sandman_Good to Rail