[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail
  2. nice slugger
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
    Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

nice slugger

thanks I found a list of the top 25 upsets that was, mostly, very interesting

this was another of the better upsets

Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail
  4. Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail

5. Artis Gilmore

Bill Russell

Edited By: SluggerWV Mar 25th, 2012 at 07:45 AM

6. Edited By: SluggerWV Feb 28th, 2012 at 04:51 AM

7. Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail
  8. my dad had all these great photos from like 25-30 years ago in black and white of old basketball games he used to go to when he lived in philly/boston. wish i could post some of them year. Russ Westbrook is the truth.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail

Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

my dad had all these great photos from like 25-30 years ago in black and white of old basketball games he used to go to when he lived in philly/boston. wish i could post some of them year. Russ Westbrook is the truth.

possible to scan them?
  10. I'd like to do that one day, i'm going to try and make it happen.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail
  11. Edited By: SluggerWV Feb 28th, 2012 at 05:52 AM

12. Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail
  13. This commercial gives me serious goosebumps

Add BRm34eva to Rail
  14. Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail
  15. Indiana defeated Number 5 Michigan State last night. That win, along with wins over No. 1 Kentucky and No. 2 Ohio State in December, gives them 3 wins over top 5 teams this year.
  16. d league dunk contest was better than the nba's.

jeez

Add BRm34eva to Rail
  17. I'm not saying Ewing was as good as The Dream but it is much closer than most here seem to believe. Ewing's prime years were before the Knicks were good. The Ewing everyone remembers during all of those playoff runs was old, heavy, and slow but still pretty damn good.
    Add JAAAAA!!!! to Rail
  18. Olajuwon was a better passer, better scorer and better defender by a long shot... maybe the greatest defensive center in the history of the game. It's not as close as you think actually.
    Add AMARTIN1181 to Rail

19. Fifty years later: Wilt's 100-point game

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/76...50-years-later
  20. Edited By: SluggerWV Mar 4th, 2012 at 04:09 PM
  21. Add acp to Rail
  22. Thread StarterAdd SluggerWV to Rail

23. Deron Williams Scores 57 Points, Nets Still Only Barely Beat Bobcats
    Mar 4, 2012

Deron Williams has seemed at times to be a lost star in the NBA, laboring in the purgatory that is New Jersey before the Nets move to Brooklyn and he hits free agency. Nights like his spectacular 57-point outing on Sunday against the Bobcats might help remind fans that he exists and is pretty good at basketball! Williams, who came into the game averaging 21.7 points per game, shot 16 of 29 from the field and was a perfect 21 for 21 from the free-throw line. Williams’ broke the franchise’s previous mark of 52 points, shared by Mike Newlin and Ray Richardson. It was the second-most points scored against the Bobcats, one shy of Kobe Bryant’s 58 in 2006.

Williams added seven assists and six rebounds to those 57 points, and scored or assisted on 23 of the Nets' 23 made field goals on the night. His point total is the highest in the NBA this season, eclipsing Kevin Durant's 51 points against the Nuggets in February, and his perfect 21-for-21 performance from the free throw line was the second-most free throws made without a miss in Basketball-Reference's database to Dominique Wilkins' 23-for-23 night in 1992.

But why did Williams score that many points? Take it away, ESPN's John Hollinger:

John Hollinger

@johnhollinger
    Nobody else scores 55 on Charlotte ... because nobody else needs 55 from a single player to beat Charlotte.
    4 Mar 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

The Nets won, 104-101, in Charlotte. Williams had 18 of his 57 points in the fourth quarter.

Edited By: SluggerWV Mar 5th, 2012 at 03:51 AM
  24. That Russell Westbrook pic with the sea of blue in the back is absolutely incredible.
    Add TFly33 to Rail
  25. Have to agree There are some incredible basketball shots out there

26. http://deadspin.com/5890555/south-ca...-over-opponent

South Carolina High Schooler Follows Own Put-Back Dunk With Half-Court Alley-Oop Over Opponent

This is from deadspin and a couple of really nice dunks
    Originally Posted by SluggerWV View Post

thanks I found a list of the top 25 upsets that was, mostly, very interesting

this was another of the better upsets

Curtis Blair is my brother-in-law's neighbor...small world.
    Add doug0713 to Rail
  28. Virginia Commonwealth head basketball coach Shaka Smart
    Ohio State's Lenzelle Smith Jr
    Coach Tom Izzo IU's Cody Zeller

29. love the gifs and pics.

philosophical basketball question. if you're fouled, should you always get the option of taking the ball out of bounds?
    I like discouraging fouls.
    Add Hughes4 to Rail
  30. I like the idea you have to make your foul shots. Giving them the option of taking it out of bounds would eliminate a lot of comebacks and take something away from the games imo
Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 73 4 5 6 7