[x]

See Where You Rank in Washington

1. Any of you ever filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau?

I don't really know what to expect and was hoping for some guidance as to best approach.

Basically an internet company is screwing me over with shitty service, completely ignoring my phone calls and emails, while still billing me. I've worked with them for months and they have been anything but cooperative.

Thanks.
  2. I called them on a company one time. It was about 3 days later that company called me and got it taken care of. No idea what they did to make them ake care of it but it worked.
    Originally Posted by R_U_Nuts View Post

I called them on a company one time. It was about 3 days later that company called me and got it taken care of. No idea what they did to make them ake care of it but it worked.

if your company isn't rated good with the better business bureau..your company loses lots of $$$$$$
    Edited By: jdbunchOSU Nov 6th, 2010 at 06:12 PM
    Reason: added an n't to is
  4. step 1- tell them ur reporting to the BBB if they dont answer u

step 2- regardles of step1 outcome, report them so that others who want to deal with this company will konw about their history in the past.

I called the BBB once about a company to look it up, it had some complaints but i ignored them.. should not have.
    Originally Posted by jdbunchOSU View Post

if your company isn't rated good with the better business bureau..your company loses lots of $$$$$$

This is not necessarily true. The BBB is a great resource for consumers, but if you are a business owner they really try and work you over. They called me a few weeks ago to let me know that my business was in good standing and doesn't have any complaints with the BBB. I of course know this because we go out of our way to make sure our clients are very happy. They then tried to get $800 out of me to put their seal on my website by using a lot of hard closing tactics. I don't think I've lost one client from neglecting to join them.

For large companies and e-commerce companies it may be more important, but for many other small businesses it isn't as highly regarded now as it once was.
  6. Who is your ISP?
  7. Me and my wife wrote a bad review on a business on yelp.com. It sure got their attention after 3 weeks of shitty custmer service and being ignored. We just wanted what we paid for but they kept giving us the run around. Originally the owner said he didn't care what we wrote. He was a serious D-bag that regretted saying that. We let the public know the truth through this yelp website. We didn't lie or even embellish the truth at all.....
    Edited By: OldGrowth Nov 6th, 2010 at 08:43 PM
    Reason: cuz
  8. I would say 99% of people dont use the BBB when looking for a place to go. I mean it doesnt even come up in searches when you look for a place. Shouldnt they at least make it so it comes up near the top on a company. The BBB is next to worthless.
  9. I once filed a complaint with the BBB against Fly-4-Less.

Bought a ticket on Sunday night, they informed me Monday that they didn't process the payment until Monday and then the price went up by $250, so they would happily sell me a ticket for $250 more.

The problem is that the complaints for fly-4-Less go under the heading Carlson industries. When you look under f4L, there are no complaints. The BBB person couldn't see what the problem was