[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

  1.  
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

    Fuck you Futon.

    I will NOT let you get me excited that Watt is gonna fall. Not gonna fall.......for....it.....

    SHIT....Too late!!!

    I think both the jets and pats have a huge boner for Muhammad Wilkerson
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  2. Man I love the draft! As a Cowboys fan I would be happy with Costanzo or Watt/Cam Jordan. I agree with Res that if they don't trade down they prob take Watt as that is a lil high to draft any of the OL, but I hope they can trade down and get that extra pick. Sounds like it could be a crazy first round with a lot of trades and QB's flyin off the board, should be a fun night.
    Add Caseman14 to Rail
  3. What are the odds Austin drops to 42? Quinn at 11?

    one time?

    That's like an elite front 7 if they can pull that shit off.
    Edited By: Randers Apr 28th, 2011 at 06:55 PM
     
    Add Randers to Rail
  4.  
    Originally Posted by Futon View Post

    I think both the jets and pats have a huge boner for Muhammad Wilkerson

    I don't know much about him but I have heard good things. I'll snap-sign for Watt right now, but Wilkerson seems like a good 2nd choice.

    A part of me wishes we would just make some sick trade up into the top 10 and snag Peterson if these idiots at the top of the board really let him slide. I know it won't happen and is far from what we need but I can't help myself.
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  5.  
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

    I don't know much about him but I have heard good things. I'll snap-sign for Watt right now, but Wilkerson seems like a good 2nd choice.

    A part of me wishes we would just make some sick trade up into the top 10 and snag Peterson if these idiots at the top of the board really let him slide. I know it won't happen and is far from what we need but I can't help myself.

    The Jets spent a 1st rounder on a CB last year and a 2nd rounder this year (Cromartie). You really think there's a chance >0% that the Jets use more ammo to take another CB? You crazy dawg. 99% gunna be a front 7 guy.
    1
    Add Mkind16 to Rail
  6.  
    Originally Posted by Mkind16 View Post

    The Jets spent a 1st rounder on a CB last year and a 2nd rounder this year (Cromartie). You really think there's a chance >0% that the Jets use more ammo to take another CB? You crazy dawg. 99% gunna be a front 7 guy.

    Wilson appears to be a bust and Cromartie might not be back. Sunk Cost though.

    I could see Quinn drop to 11 but i think Austin goes in the 1st round. I feel like a lot of teams aren't talking about him hoping he stays off the radar.
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  7.  
    Originally Posted by Futon View Post

    Wilson appears to be a bust

    Jump the gun much???

    Wilson was thrown right into the fire. I actually think it will be good for him in the long run. I watched every snap last year and he certainly looked awful at times but he also was extremely raw.

    He also got flagged a TON. Partly because he didn't have the proper technique down and partly because he was a rookie.

    This reminds me of the yahoos that called Sanchez a bust after his 1st year.
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  8. Fair statement, but more what I was saying is you shouldn't pass up a chance to make your team significantly better by drafting a superior CB just because you took Kyle Wilson last year. I actually like Wilson a lot so i probably worded that wrong
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  9. LOL. I know that trading up for Peterson is something the Jets would never do in a million years. Hell, if they were already picking in the top 5, they would probably be one of the idiot teams even considering passing on him.

    I just think he is as can't miss as you can get.
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  10.  
    Originally Posted by Futon View Post

    Wilson appears to be a bust and Cromartie might not be back. Sunk Cost though.

    CB is traditionally one of the most difficult positions for a rookie. I can't remember which coach (might've been Rex) said that CB is the 2nd hardest position for a rookie besides QB. I wouldn't feel great about Wilson's rookie year either, but you have to give him somewhat of a pass until year 2. There's still just as strong a possibility as there was on draft day that Wilson pans out, while Haden and/or McCourty don't.

    The point being that the chances of a Jets drafting a CB in round 1 (or even in round 3 or 4) are exactly 0. At least there's something there (and thats assuming Cromartie walks). The Jets have a 32-year old NT (albeit somewhat of a young 32 since Pouha was drafted at 26 and didn't become a starter until 31), no LE, and absolutely no pass rush. Like I said, 99% the pick is someone from the Taylor/Wilkerson/Heyward/Ayers/Sheard/Reed/etc bunch. Depending on how things shake out, I could even see the Jets trading back to take advantage of the depth of those positions this year.
    1
    Add Mkind16 to Rail
  11.  
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

    LOL. I know that trading up for Peterson is something the Jets would never do in a million years. Hell, if they were already picking in the top 5, they would probably be one of the idiot teams even considering passing on him.

    I just think he is as can't miss as you can get.

    Can you imagine if Peterson fall to 6 and Belichick moved 17 and 33 to get up there and get him. Then he deals 28 for a 2011 2nd round pick and a 2012 first and we still end up with a solid d lineman in the 2nd and we still haev another 2nd round pick and we get a 2nd 1st round pick next year. (Things I dream about)

    Report out of Dallas (reported by Chris Mort.) saying Pats are trying to move up to 9 to grab Cam Jordan.
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  12.  
    Originally Posted by Randers View Post

    What are the odds Austin drops to 42? Quinn at 11?

    one time?

    That's like an elite front 7 if they can pull that shit off.

    my guess is 20 percent chance on Quinn being there at 11, and 10 percent on Austin at 42.
    Add resilient to Rail
  13.  
    Originally Posted by Futon View Post

    Can you imagine if Peterson fall to 6 and Belichick moved 17 and 33 to get up there and get him. Then he deals 28 for a 2011 2nd round pick and a 2012 first and we still end up with a solid d lineman in the 2nd and we still haev another 2nd round pick and we get a 2nd 1st round pick next year. (Things I dream about)

    Report out of Dallas (reported by Chris Mort.) saying Pats are trying to move up to 9 to grab Cam Jordan.

    #28 is not worth a 2nd and a future 1st. It's barely worth a 2nd+3rd this year. Study your trade value chart: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php
    1
    Add Mkind16 to Rail
  14.  
    Originally Posted by Mkind16 View Post

    #28 is not worth a 2nd and a future 1st. It's barely worth a 2nd+3rd this year. Study your trade value chart: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

    Those trade value chart's are garbage when you factor in the contracts you have to pay to top 10 picks. They greatly overvalue higher picks.
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  15.  
    Originally Posted by Futon View Post

    Report out of Dallas (reported by Chris Mort.) saying Pats are trying to move up to 9 to grab Cam Jordan.

    Please happen.

    So the king of stockpile is gonna finally cash in his chips? Picks in this draft have a lot of value, but I suppose if he loves someone like Jordan, it could be worthwhile.
    Edited By: resilient Apr 28th, 2011 at 09:05 PM
    Add resilient to Rail
  16.  
    Originally Posted by resilient View Post

    Please happen.

    So the king of stockpile is gonna finally cash in his chips? Picks in the draft have a lot of value, but I suppose if he loves someone like Jordan, it could be worthwhile.

    I don't buy it. No way Pats are leaking out who they really want in this draft 4 hours before it starts.
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  17. Exactly. That news only means that the one player they do NOT want is Jordan.
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  18.  
    Originally Posted by jetsjets1028 View Post

    Fuck you Futon.

    I will NOT let you get me excited that Watt is gonna fall. Not gonna fall.......for....it.....

    SHIT....Too late!!!

    No chance Watt will be at 30, and neither will Wilkerson, but if they do go Taylor that is a great pick there. Guy is an absolute beast to clog up the middle... I don't think there's any way Taylor will still be on the board at 40, but if they could figure out a way to get him and move Ratliff to DE, I would be ecstatic. You should be too if the Jets get him.
    Add resilient to Rail
  19. Been looking into Wilkerson today and it seems possible that he falls. There is so much depth at D-line in this draft and everybody has their favorites. Who knows if he is the best guy to hope for.
    Add jetsjets1028 to Rail
  20. Patriots are rumored to be trading up to take Patrick Peterson
    Add ZeeDustin to Rail
  21. i dont think trading up is in the patriots vocabulary

    i'll believe it when it happens
    Add XXEDPXX to Rail
  22.  
    Originally Posted by XXEDPXX View Post

    i dont think trading up is in the patriots vocabulary

    i'll believe it when it happens

    This is not true. They trade up once for every 2 times they trade down. They traded up to get Ty Warren like 6 years ago in a similar draft.
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  23. "Jamarcus Russel's football aptitude could run circles around that of Cam Newton's." - Steve Young.
    Add playwithfire05 to Rail
  24.  
    Originally Posted by playwithfire05 View Post

    "Jamarcus Russel's football aptitude could run circles around that of Cam Newton's." - Steve Young.

    yea cam gonan fail, not sure why anyone thinks he will be good. w/e gl gettting andrew luck next yr panthers.
    Add Cmoney3 to Rail
  25.  
    Originally Posted by Cmoney3 View Post

    yea cam gonan fail, not sure why anyone thinks he will be good. w/e gl gettting andrew luck next yr panthers.

    3 Qbs in the first 2 rounds 3 years in a row!
    Thread StarterAdd Futon to Rail
  26. everyone do the bud light 10 million dollar thing on facebook?
     
    Add ntanygd760 to Rail
  27. todd mcshay rumor that texans would give the cards a 2nd to swap picks #5 and 11 to pick peterson with the cards picking aldon smith sounds pretty legit on both sides imo
    Edited By: SaulGood Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:01 PM
     
    Add SaulGood to Rail
  28. mcshay is such a clown. two days ago he had peterson going to 49ers. now today he mocks us to take Gabbert?

    The McShay strategy ladies and gents, mock every player into every possible slot and you cant be wrong!
    Add Cmoney3 to Rail
  29.  
    Originally Posted by Randers View Post

    Sucks so much that the best talent has to go to such shitty organizations year in and year out. Ruins a ton of really talented players. Oh wells. Kinda wish they would disband the draft and force some of these shit franchises to get their shit together (looking at you Bengals, Panthers and Jaguars).

    I could see a TON of the top organizations make a run at the 4 or 5 if Dareus drops past the Bills.

    Boom. great minds think alike!

    http://smartfootball.com/draft/down-with-the-draft

     
    Originally Posted by SaulGood View Post

    todd mcshay rumor that texans would give the cards a 2nd to swap picks #5 and 11 to pick peterson with the cards picking aldon smith sounds pretty legit on both sides imo

    I love Peterson, and as much as getting the best player in the draft would pleasure me, the prospect of giving a respectable defensive mind an elite front 7 is pretty awesome.

    Fuck it, it's a win-win.
     
    Originally Posted by playwithfire05 View Post

    "Jamarcus Russel's football aptitude could run circles around that of Cam Newton's." - Steve Young.

    C'mon man. LSU had the most talented teams in the country while Russell was there and they never crossed the mountain. Plus he has no personality and was never going to command an NFL huddle.

    On the other hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    You have a good looking guy with a magnetic personality that took the 5-6th most talented SEC team and made them a national champion.

    Carolina might end up being his downfall, but this guy is going to be just as electric and highlightreelish as 2002 Micheal Vick.
     
    Add Randers to Rail
  30. wow Rick Gosselin, this would be insane;

    "Gosselin thinks the quarterback frenzy will take place early in the round, rather than teams choosing to trade back into the first round. He predicts five quarterbacks off the board in the top 12 picks.

    Blaine Gabbert falls to No. 7 to the 49ers in the mock, and then it really gets interesting. Gosselin has Jake Locker going No. 8 to the Titans, Christian Ponder being taken at No. 10 to Washington, and Andy Dalton going No. 12 to the Vikings."
    Add resilient to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 3 4 5

Similar Threads