1. we are in a nice hotel in the poconos, but it went smoke free over a year ago, can it detect ciggarette smoke? we are on the top floor, and its a pain in the ass to go all the way downstairs....
    Add LeftyC to Rail
  2. i dont think it detects cig smoke
    Add smheilbron to Rail
  3. Yes
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
  4. thereby answering the question, 'does leftyC smoke after...'
    Add Reech to Rail
  5. just blow it out the window
    Add DaVols to Rail
  6. I think the only kind of smoke those things can detect is the kind that comes something that's burning.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  7. OBV brag about all the sex and friction creating smoke
    Add towman1 to Rail
  8. godddddddddddd lefty c is soooo fine
    Add I_Blade_U to Rail
  9. theres only one real way to find out
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
  10. it can and will detect the smoke

dont fuck with the smoke detector

i thought i was smart by wrapping a damp rag around one in a hotel once

thing shorted out and set off the alarm system for the whole hotel. no one evacuated though
    Add cmval to Rail
    Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

I think the only kind of smoke those things can detect is the kind that comes something that's burning.

Do cigarettes not burn?

Anyway, it won't be the smoke detectors letting the hotel manager know you're smoking. He'll know as he watches you on his hidden cameras in the ceiling.
    Add KingMonty to Rail
  12. Yes.

And if you're smoking in a non-smoking room, and it's 99% that the hotel staff is going to find out about it, you're going to pay a VERY big fine. I worked at a very nice hotel for 9 months, mainly on the Front Desk and in conjunction with the top managers, and also on the engineering staff, and they'd find smokers left and right in non-smoking rooms. Also, I installed 111 smoke detectors in 111 newly renovated rooms. They work just like any other one. The fine at the hotel I worked in was $150.00.

My suggestion: No smoketh.
    Add Dr.GHouse to Rail
  13. The maids will be able to detect cigarette smoke and you will be charged a very big cleaning fee if you smoke in the room. Take your cigarettes outside, it has nothing to do with the smoke detectors.
    Add momofdyz to Rail
    Originally Posted by DaVols View Post

just blow it out the window

I only smoke second hand, but this is what my wife usually does.
    Add shoot2score1 to Rail

the windows dont open :(
    Thread StarterAdd LeftyC to Rail
    Originally Posted by shoot2score1 View Post

I am 95% sure if you do that, they'll find out and it'll be a nice extra charge for you.

I'm telling you right now, they're very good at finding this stuff out. I know because I did it myself. They'd usually send me up to check rooms that seemed suspicious because I'm a non-smoker and can't stand the smell of smoke, so I could tell usually right away. Especially if they're always non-smoking rooms.

Bottom line: Go outside!
    Add Dr.GHouse to Rail
    Originally Posted by KingMonty View Post

Originally Posted by Willywoo View Post

I think the only kind of smoke those things can detect is the kind that comes something that's burning.

Do cigarettes not burn?

Anyway, it won't be the smoke detectors letting the hotel manager know you're smoking. He'll know as he watches you on his hidden cameras in the ceiling.

lol. Very astute observation about cigarettes burning.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  18. Take out the battery
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
    Originally Posted by SICKTIGHT311 View Post

Take out the battery

That will only prevent the fire alarm from going off.

I'm telling you, don't! They will find out, and you'll be out probably more then you paid for the room.
    Add Dr.GHouse to Rail
    Originally Posted by Dr.GHouse View Post

Take out the battery

That will only prevent the fire alarm from going off.

I'm telling you, don't! They will find out, and you'll be out probably more then you paid for the room.

sooo, what are u trying to say?
    Add s1nnr to Rail
  21. Sex is better then smoking. In leiu of smoking, try that.

My ex used to smoke, and I fckin' hated it. So, I told her everytime you smoke (or maybe it was swear...one of the two), she had to go a day or something without sex....first thing out of her mouth "Fuck that!"

I have no idea if that was even relevant, but read my posts in this thread. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

(And Jaybone nailed you down in his post "You brag more then anyone. gfy.")

pwnt!
    Add Dr.GHouse to Rail
  22. Its not worth the risk, Lefty. If its a no smoking room / hotel and someone complains about smoke in the room (the maids, your neighbors, etc) they could bill you for cleaning charges to get the smell out. Just make the walk downstairs.
    Add saxman to Rail

Originally Posted by shoot2score1 View Post

I am 95% sure if you do that, they'll find out and it'll be a nice extra charge for you.

I'm telling you right now, they're very good at finding this stuff out. I know because I did it myself. They'd usually send me up to check rooms that seemed suspicious because I'm a non-smoker and can't stand the smell of smoke, so I could tell usually right away. Especially if they're always non-smoking rooms.

Bottom line: Go outside!

When they smell the smoke, act appalled at the suggestion. Say that you noticed the smell too when you moved into the room.

Bottom line: Deny everything and absolutely refuse to pay any fines.
    Add KingMonty to Rail
  24. asdfghjkloiuytrewqs just smoke the godamn cig we used to fog out hotel rooms all the time with blunts and just put a towel under the door.
    Add Bong BrOke to Rail
  25. Sorry, my focus was turned to trying to save the life of that 9-volt battery.
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail

Sorry, my focus was turned to trying to save the life of that 9-volt battery.

You are a good man, sir.

Have a cold one, on me...

Add Dr.GHouse to Rail
  27. Are you all kidding me???? Just turn on the fan in the bathroom, put a towel down at the bottom of the door and you'll be fine. I've done it at least a hundred different times. It works even better if you blow the smoke directly into the fan, also spray a bunch of cologne or perfume on some TP, stuff that into a TP roll and blow the smoke through that.
    Add acp to Rail

Sex is better then smoking. In leiu of smoking, try that.

My ex used to smoke, and I fckin' hated it. So, I told her everytime you smoke (or maybe it was swear...one of the two), she had to go a day or something without sex....first thing out of her mouth "Fuck that!"

I have no idea if that was even relevant, but read my posts in this thread. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

(And Jaybone nailed you down in his post "You brag more then anyone. gfy.")

pwnt!

lol, i was fuckin with u, and she made the thread, when did i brag?

i just talk about us when its relavant, o well, cindy just got back with the beer, time for private time in our private whirlpool( ok, that was a brag) :)
    Add s1nnr to Rail

29. Can plz...............
    Add SICKTIGHT311 to Rail
  30. Have class, don't break the rules and think of others. and send noodz.
    Add niptuck to Rail