[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. How black are we talkin?
    Add zugg to Rail
  2. Shitty homeowner's associations and foreclosures ruin property values.

Add Randers to Rail
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

why would home values go down when a "black" family moves into any neighborhood?

ooooooooooooh, ya'll are assuming they are moving into a predominately/all "white" neighborhood, sorry, please continue w all the racism.

(quotes around black and white are to indicate I do not acknowledge/use these terms as they are generally used and used them only for the purposes of communicating with folks that do use them as if they really had a valid meaning.)

This spew comes from someone who lives in a city that was 92% white as of 2000. Some people have actually lived through the situation that this thread is about.

I'll put my prior post in simpler terms just for you: Middle-class neighborhood. Housing prices decline. Middle-class families move out of neighborhood and lower-income families buy their old homes. Other middle-class families choose not to move to that neighborhood anymore. Property values barely rise over the next 30 years while crime increases some 2200%, which doesn't help property values one teensy bit. Better now?

For the subject of this thread the specific races of the families were pretty relevant, but I wouldn't want to pull you away from your Big Bag O'Dicks to complain again.
    Add timthegem to Rail
  4. My next door neighbor is black and he's a great guy. We get along fine and have been doing so for about 20 years. He works, maintains his property, cuts his grass and doesn't cause any problems for his neighbors.

However, we have had several black families move into rental properties in the neighborhood. Some of them did seem to work, most seemed to just stay as long as they could get away without paying the rent before disappearing in the middle of the night. Some of them cut their grass on occasion, but others neither cut their grass nor even keep the trash picked up out of their yard.

But even they don't compare to the trashy, idiot illegal immigrants who have moved into almost all of the other rental properties in the neighborhood. They don't cut their grass, ever. In fact, one bunch cut down three beautiful oak trees from the front lawn, apparently because they were born in the desert and hate trees or something. There are usually two or three families living in these houses, with 8 or 10 young kids screaming and crying from dusk till dawn.

Their garbage cans are always overflowing and their driveway and yards are littered with trashy vans and cars, etc. I wish the INS people would show up one day and throw the whole fucking pile of them in the back of a moving van and not stop until they hit the Mexican border, but I know that's not gonna happen.

As for my properties downtown, the black neighborhoods are very trashy. Hardly any homes are maintained, almost no lawns are mowed. Property values are pathetic, especially considering these neighborhoods are within minutes of the state capitol in the largest and most prosperous city in the state. The crime rate is high (I've had three break-ins in just the past few months) and a lot of the males you see on the streets are either crackheads or gangbangers.

The city doesn't help matters, with corrupt cops supplying some of the drugs that are sold and letting the gangs control the streets, the city's trash collection department seemingly ignores numerous piles of trash and debris for months and even years; the city's housing department allowing boarded up and rotted hulks of homes to sit on over-grown lots for decades. So you can hardly blame it all on the residents. If I were living in the middle of that, I doubt I'd give a shit about keeping my house and yard up either.

So I have no problem with having black neighbors that take pride in their property and it would be ludicrous to say they drive down property values. It's the dregs of society and the illegal immigrants ~ those slumming along at the bottom of the foodchain or those who have no connection to the place in which they live ~ who don't give a damn how they live and take no pride in their property that bring property values down.
    Edited By: 2Slick4u Jul 4th, 2010 at 01:16 AM
    Add 2Slick4u to Rail
  5. eyeknows, you should really try and get some perspective before you come on here spouting off retarded shit day after day.

i GUARANTEE that you have no clue what happens when a neighborhood gets plagued by a bunch of section 8 housing people. In houston, we got 100k of new orleans public housing residents, nearly all black, and guess what? the areas they moved into went to absolute shit. west houston (kirkwood/dairy ashford etc) became ghettos overnight. my girlfriends parents live in a neighborhood that backs up to a huge apartment complex. it used to be a great neighborhood. but now with that complex stuffed full of section 8 housing recipients it sure isnt. burglaries and robberies skyrocketd and property values collapsed.

anyone who lives in houston would agree with me that houston was a way better and safer place before hurricane katrina and the influx of NO's best and brightest.
    Add NUTZREALHUGE to Rail
  6. Only if they like deep dish pizza and hate sushi
    Add kellykip to Rail
  7. I would say that property values will go down if trashy people move next to you.

If white trailer trash moves next to you, your property value goes down.

If ghetto black trash moves next to you, your property value goes down.

It just depends on the type of people that move next to you, not their skin color. IMO.

Add marinersheep to Rail
  8. In no uncertain terms: Yes

Have you never heard the phrase, "There goes the neighborhood."?

When black people move in, white people move to where they aren't, period.
    Add JAAAAA!!!! to Rail
  9. damn dude, did I touch a nerve? don't worry though, I am certain you weren't the only one.

"This spew comes from someone who lives in a city that was 92% white as of 2000."

you mean 92% self-described as white since most white folks (in the US) have way more "blood" in them than they would want to admit/know.

and does me currently living in the land of Truman mean I have always lived here? that all my experiences came from where I currently live? and that somehow makes what I am saying spew? interesting version of a strawman, don't think I have ever seen this one.

and I never touched on the OP's subject at all in case you didn't notice, just used this as a soapbox to try to inform, I am sure some of the thinking OTers got what I was saying about race and its non-existence. it won't happen in my lifetime but eventually people will realize race is a social construct that has no basis in science at all.

Originally Posted by NUTZREALHUGE View Post

eyeknows, you should really try and get some perspective before you come on here spouting off retarded shit day after day.

i GUARANTEE that you have no clue what happens when a neighborhood gets plagued by a bunch of section 8 housing people. In houston, we got 100k of new orleans public housing residents, nearly all black, and guess what? the areas they moved into went to absolute shit. west houston (kirkwood/dairy ashford etc) became ghettos overnight. my girlfriends parents live in a neighborhood that backs up to a huge apartment complex. it used to be a great neighborhood. but now with that complex stuffed full of section 8 housing recipients it sure isnt. burglaries and robberies skyrocketd and property values collapsed.

anyone who lives in houston would agree with me that houston was a way better and safer place before hurricane katrina and the influx of NO's best and brightest.

lol, whaaaaat? wtf did I say that has anything at all to do with what you said?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    Add EyeKnows to Rail
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

I would say that property values will go down if trashy people move next to you.

It just depends on the type of people that move next to you, not their skin color. IMO.

This is a FACT.
    Add TRMGM to Rail
  11. but ive never seen an upperclass neighborhood or nice middleclass neighborhood with atleast a 25% black population. and its just fact that blacks have been responsible for more crime than whites. i think they are like 18% of the US population and 50% of the prison population.

i agree with the one poster that said the property values had to already be coming down for there to be an influx of blacks coming in. so who is bringing down those property values? a natural disaster, a decline in the school system, surrounding neighborhoods declining bringing their pple into loiter, a new basketball local basketball court (im actually serious with this one i think a lot of the hoops in the bad neighborhoods got torn down so the thugs would go to the next neighborhood which is nicer and loiter there)/ a new mall or maybe the only nearby mall that thugs from other neighborhoods loiter, a shady business coming in / the govt/ bad economy allowing smart investors in these neighborhoods to thrive in a recession and then when its over their vacancy is filled by the trash.
    Add poisoneye1986 to Rail
  12. Has "not if you're all mexicans" been taken yet?
    Add skisteve to Rail
    Originally Posted by marinersheep View Post

I would say that property values will go down if trashy people move next to you.

could not say it better myself pretty much what he said
    Add jay_bear to Rail
    Originally Posted by skisteve View Post

Has "not if you're all mexicans" been taken yet?

DING DING DING DING
    Add 2Slick4u to Rail
  15. i move in next door to black people and make their property values go up
    Add buchiYAYO to Rail
  16. totally depends on the area from what ive seen. where my parents live is like 2% black... but their median income is like 300k/yr... so no them moving in did not lower the value.
    Add jtslmn720 to Rail
  17. is this thread rascist?
    Add sXeffects to Rail
  18. What if you are in China?
    Add the_schmenx to Rail
    Originally Posted by EyeKnows View Post

it won't happen in my lifetime but eventually people will realize race is a social construct that has no basis in science at all.
    s.

LOLZ. Do you really believe that ? I mean really ? It only takes common sense to debunk this.

Add Gotskillz to Rail
  20. Aside from Polocks, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Wops, Jews, Pakistanis, Indians (feather, not dot), Russkies and the French, nothing kills property value like black people.
    Add El Burro to Rail
  21. A mexican, a jew and a colored guy go into a bar....
    Add gillabong to Rail
  22. I refuse to move into a neighborhood unless it has (at least) a few black people. Season to taste.
    Add emcee21 to Rail
    Originally Posted by zugg View Post

How black are we talkin?

wins thread
    Add jerichoholic to Rail
  24. Add Basics to Rail
  25. this is called sprawl and while what your saying in general is true, race is the main factor. Its income driven. Niceguy very much hit the nail on the head and no one noticed.
    Add undertheradar to Rail
  26. Add DaVols to Rail
  27. if you have to ask...
    Add PoWdA to Rail
  28. how long have u lived in the projects?
    Add Ugotdonedirty to Rail
  29. Hmmmmm I just got off my first ever ban on P5's for posting a racial joke in a post dedicated to "jokes" yet this thread which is totally filled with racist comments was never locked, gotta love the hypocrisy of the mods. A+
    Add YOMAXX to Rail
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 2 3 4 5