1. Growing up, I was always told I should pull over for funeral processions just like you would for an ambulance out of respect. I was passing one today and pulled over and not a single other person pulled over and stopped and I was kind of stunned. Several of the ppl in the procession waved at me when I was pulled over though. I mean I understand maybe during rush hour on a huge road, but this wasn't the case.

Does anyone else do this?
    Add I Spew Chips to Rail
  2. are there hot chicks in any of the cars?

too soon?
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  3. Yes I'm not a prick
    Add ptownbrad to Rail
  4. I do and it pisses me off when other people don't. If you are on a 2 lane road and a funeral procession is coming at you pull over for 30 secs imo.
    Add MrPinksTip to Rail
  5. you're supposed to pull over for them ? like actually get on the shoulder as they go by ? i mean ive waited at a green light for them before.
    Add heavyj80 to Rail
  6. of course, R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    Add AUTigers99 to Rail
    Originally Posted by norcaljeff View Post

are there hot chicks in any of the cars?

too soon?

lol
    Add pharreal87 to Rail
  8. Repost
    Add Co1one1_Forbin to Rail
  9. It use to be where funeral processions had the complete right of way and wouldn't even need to stop at red lights. The objective was respect for the deceased. Then, Funeral Directors began to get gun shy and would stop at lights whenever necessary however, if the 1st car (of the procession) made it through, the rest would follow.

Today, even with the orange flags, stickers, headlights, flashing lights, communication devices and all that, they still stop at every light in this area. It's beyond me how randoms still worm their way into the procession as though they either just don't care or didn't notice. It's a shame that in America we have become such a selfish people.

Me, I don't necessarily pull over every time, but I certainly give them the right of way.
    Add raisethis2 to Rail
  10. I put on my lights and get into the procession until I have to go a different direction. Then I turn off my lights.

Add SpankyHamm to Rail
    Originally Posted by MrPinksTip View Post

I do and it pisses me off when other people don't. If you are on a 2 lane road and a funeral procession is coming at you pull over for 30 secs imo.

Add PcktAs to Rail
  12. TRUE STORY:

I was 17 and got pulled over in the church parking lot while in a procession.

Cop says I was speeding..Lmaoooooo

I was going teh same speed as everyone else. I had been pretty visably upset since I was heading into a viewing with 4 or my high school friends who just passed from a 4 x 4 accident.

And the cop says and I quote: "Keep driving like that and you will join em"

My word and my GF word took his words to court and everything was dropped.

I was in a police led procession....LOOOOOOOL

The only thing I can think of was he was a Dallas fan since I had a Redskins license plate.

F the Po-Po except ess obv.
    Add Sandman_Good to Rail
  13. I try and race the Hearse
    Add 1sweetworld_420 to Rail
    Originally Posted by MrPinksTip View Post

I do and it pisses me off when other people don't. If you are on a 2 lane road and a funeral procession is coming at you pull over for 30 secs imo.

I was on a 4 lane road at the time (2 on each side) and still pulled over. I'd say anything larger and you may be able to get away with not stopping but getting out of the way and giving them the right of way. I just think its more of a thing of respect than anything and was surprised more ppl didn't do the same.
    Thread StarterAdd I Spew Chips to Rail
  15. Would never even think of slowing down let alone stopping. Never heard of that.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail
  16. Don't think I've ever seen one while driving. Maybe I'm just one of the oblivious people who doesn't pull over.

Add triggathree to Rail
  17. I don't think its bad when there is two plus lanes, but, I've seen people who cudn't fuking wait and cut thru the procession so they could get over to make a left turn, now that fuking pissed me off and shows a total lack of respect......

Add Blackout4 to Rail
  18. This has never crossed my mind
    Add HeyNiceAscot to Rail
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

Would never even think of slowing down let alone stopping. Never heard of that.

same here. I wouldn't cut in if I was in position too, but I definitely have never pulled over for them.

To the poster who said he got a ticket in one, you have admirable restraint. I'm a pretty calm guy, but I definitely would have cursed the cop off after he made the comment about "you might join them."
    Add keylight to Rail
  20. Never heard of this for a "regular" procession. We have a major portion of Highway 401, between Trenton and Toronto, that has been designated as "The Highway of Heroes". Every fallen soldier travels this route when their remains return home for the last time. Every time a procession begins, not only are cars pulling over out of respect, but the highway overpasses are jammed, as well. People in the oncoming lanes will even pull over, and it is a DIVIDED highway, so it is simply to show respect for the troops. If you have never seen it, search for it on youtube. It is very moving.
    Add Milo to Rail
  21. Yeah I pull over. Made a right turn into a procession once and pulled over right away when I noticed my mistake. Felt like a real heel.
    Add Stockage to Rail
  22. I'm stunned that there are actually people who have never heard of/seen this before. This is standard where I grew up.

Most of the funerals I've been to had the procession lead by and followed by police cars to make it more clear. The procession does not stop at stop lights and has right of way at every intersection it comes to.

For future reference to those of you not familiar with this subject, if you see a line of cars in the daytime with their lights on... just pull over to the side of the road until they pass.
    Add LadyLuck84 to Rail
    Originally Posted by ptownbrad View Post

Yes I'm not a prick

Ohh come on... This is so easy it's not even funny.
    Add Scha to Rail
  24. Yes - pretty standard in small towns in the south - when my grandmother died, we drove by a ton of cars stopped on the side of the road - it was a really long procession - I saw some that had turned off their cars, gotten out and held their hats in hand - I'll never forget that - respect
    Add pigalet42 to Rail
  25. YES, each time no matter what.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
    Originally Posted by LadyLuck84 View Post

I'm stunned that there are actually people who have never heard of/seen this before. This is standard where I grew up.

Most of the funerals I've been to had the procession lead by and followed by police cars to make it more clear. The procession does not stop at stop lights and has right of way at every intersection it comes to.

For future reference to those of you not familiar with this subject, if you see a line of cars in the daytime with their lights on... just pull over to the side of the road until they pass.

I don't think I've ever seen a funeral procession while driving, but I find this very strange. How can they not stop at red lights without getting T boned from time to time?
    Add Quantum to Rail
    Originally Posted by Quantum View Post

I don't think I've ever seen a funeral procession while driving, but I find this very strange. How can they not stop at red lights without getting T boned from time to time?

They post cop cars in the intersections to stop traffic usually. That or the cop car leading the procession stops temporarily in the intersection. It depends on how big of a town/how heavy the traffic typically is.

At least that's what I am used to.
    Add LadyLuck84 to Rail
  28. lol at pulling over for a dead person, like they care. Plus odds are he/she was an asshole or a bitch. Respect for the dead is archaic superstition.
    Add meccabush to Rail
  29. i used to pull over for them all the time....then i did once leaving school back in the day (car in front of me stops so i did as well) and got rear ended by a guy who didnt want to stop or even slow down, he hit us going like 60 mph and totaled all 3 cars
    Add Crazy Gauge to Rail
  30. yea, you stop. if it's "that" kind of family and you do not. your plates are looked up and you get a call. just pull over, it is the respectful thing to do.
    Add jdsas to Rail