[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Does it happen?

So a few weeks ago my dog pulled a muscle or something running after her ball and limped pretty bad for a few days. Obv we give her a lot more attention than normal because she seemed hurt. Her limp got better each day and went away after a few days so we did not take her to the vet.

Today I get home from work and my dog runs up to see me. I am locked out so I go through the garage and she is running a jumping and all excited like she hasn't seen me in years. This was about an hour ago. Just now my dog comes into the living room and has the most ridic exaggerated limp ever. Basically acting like she can't walk, and she lays down in front of me giving me the puppy dog eyes. She pulled the same shit last night, walking around with this real bad limp but then she gets up and runs around just fine this morning and when I got home from work.

So anyone ever dealt with a dog that fakes it for attention? She is a super smart dog and I am thinking she linked the limping with sympathy and is trying to milk it now.

FTR I am about 99% certain she is fine. If it starts to look like she isn't fucking around we will go to the vet but for now I am pretty skeptical. I could prob go throw her ball right now and she would be in perfect form but I am too lazy get off the couch.

in before the P5's PETA police
    Edited By: PoWdA Sep 16th, 2010 at 02:05 AM
    Add PoWdA to Rail
  2. ur dog is a pussy.
    Add XquiziVex to Rail
  3. Yeah, I had a French Poodle that fake limped. He did it when someone chased him. To feign weakness and then bite you. Hated that dog.

Add Chavalo to Rail
    Originally Posted by Chavalo View Post

Yeah, I had a French Poodle that fake limped. He did it when someone chased him. To feign weakness and then bite you. Hated that dog.

loooool when my grandmother died my mom got her toy poodle. boy it was a smart dog but did that dog suck. also did the fake limp and bite you act...i love dogs but did i ever want to punt that thing.
    Add BirdWings to Rail
  5. I had a collie that faked a headache everytime I snuggled up next to her.
    Add timthegem to Rail
  6. LMAO! If she is faking it, thats the cutest thing ever. Give her some love dude!
    Add TRMGM to Rail
  7. at first i was like no way this is possible
    but dogs are smart, and i guess they can learn that injury = limping = attnetion, and just take out the injury part

Add Deoxyribo to Rail
  8. ah shiit aint that the cutest thing eva

Add rungoodmuch to Rail
  9. The dog could be faking it, but also it's possible that when she runs and jumps around she could be re-aggravating an injury that hasn't had time to heal. Athletes with really painful injuries are often able to go out on the field and perform without a limp because they're so focused and pumped up with adrenaline, then start limping again when they get to the sidelines. I'd take the dog to the vet and make sure she doesn't have a real injury rather than just wondering if it's real or not.
    Add 2Slick4u to Rail
  10. just a cramp...tell her to walk it off
    Add Mr. Blonde to Rail
    Originally Posted by timthegem View Post

I had a collie that faked a headache everytime I snuggled up next to her.

HAHAHA well done
    Add poker4tuition to Rail
  12. Add Esarbe to Rail
    Originally Posted by Deoxyribo View Post

at first i was like no way this is possible
    but dogs are smart, and i guess they can learn that injury = limping = attnetion, and just take out the injury part

was goin to say this exact same thing. Had a dog that figured that out and he would just break out a limp anytime he thought he deserved some over due attention.
    Add Trav04 to Rail
  14. My younger dog has arthritis and will limp horribly, but she's a trooper and will run and play. When she stops though, she always holds her paw up b/c it hurts her to put pressure on it. It's so sad, I feel so badly for her. When it rains, she won't get up for the whole day b/c it hurts too bad to walk. Such a sweet dog too :(
    Add AnonymousX to Rail