[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I have a serious problem. I've been searching online but cannot find an answer.

Feel free to flame because I'm a complete idiot, but I do need help.

I ran out of gas about a half mile away from my house. Went back to my house cause I knew I had some gas cans. Well one of the ones I had was like a 3 or 4 gallon one and was full. Smelled the shit and it smelled like gas so assumed it was. Walked back to my car, filled it up. It actually turned on and I backed out of the parking spot but after backing out it stalled and ran out of gas. But thing is, the gas gage say's it's about 1/4th full. So apparently what I put in wasn't gas, and instead water or something. What in the fuck do I do now. Can I put in gas and will it overpower the water that's in there? How much gas do I need to put in, in order to overpower the water. Or am I just fucked now? I need help I have no idea what to do. I'm a dumbass.

Thanks
    Add Shrubbery to Rail
  2. LOL

no advice but this is hilarious

GL
    Add coolhandkev to Rail
  3. i imagine you have to siphon out the water first lol. i'm not much of a car person though.
    Add kmc28 to Rail
  4. put your car in a bag of rice
    Add BulldogCafe to Rail
  5. pm syphonsoul
    Add acp to Rail
  6. Your gunna need a new car
    Add BUS420 to Rail
  7. this stinks ...... like bad pussy
    Add wild_ride to Rail
  8. wow
    Add djg23 to Rail
  9. fuck
    Thread StarterAdd Shrubbery to Rail
  10. siphon that bitch

i take no responsibility if you die or get injured

gl!
    Add Glo4m to Rail
  11. why do u have tanks filled with water in the first place? hopefully it was distilled water
    Add DBo Fo Sho to Rail
  12. when i learned that you keep something other than gas in your gas can, i thought of this guy.

Then I realized that he didn't use gas cans, so I'm back to wondering why you keep non-gas liquids in your gas receptacle.
    Add MeJahAndOmaha to Rail
  13. Drain water from tank. Then use Seafoam or some other additive that reduces Moisture to get the rest out.
    Edited By: wantagolf Nov 25th, 2012 at 06:23 PM
    Add wantagolf to Rail
    Originally Posted by DBo Fo Sho View Post

why do u have tanks filled with water in the first place? hopefully it was distilled water

i have no idea.

looks like im going to have to siphon sob

http://www.wikihow.com/Siphon-Gas

fml, where do i get this tube? ace hardware?
    Originally Posted by BulldogCafe View Post

put your car in a bag of rice

This
    Add IX Equilibrium to Rail
  16. Dude just call a tow truck and have them do it before you injure yourself or your car further.

Lool overpower the water with gas haha

Add Believer82 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Shrubbery View Post

looks like im going to have to siphon sob

Careful.

Add wantagolf to Rail
    Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

Drain water from tank. Then use Seafoam or some other additive that reduces Moisture to get the rest out.

so i unscrew that little thing, and the water will plop out? god this couldn't have happened to a worse person, I literally know nothing about cars
  19. I would imagine if it was just water it wouldn't have had a strong gas smell. That makes me think you either put a gas/oil mix in there or just some old gas. Tell your husband/boyfriend to syphon it out and get a bottle of cleaner from your local auto store and put it in when you fill it up with real, fresh gas. I'd also ask the man in your life to teach you how to properly read your fuel gauge and what that little light near the E means. Then in the future try and avoid putting on makeup or texting when grabbing the can of extra gas to fill your car up. Hope that helps!
    Add SirLiesAlot to Rail
  20. How long was the "gas" at your house? It degrades over time. If that's the case, pour in some fuel stabilizer, fill it the rest of the way up with more gas, and give it a go. If it was water it probably wouldn't have started at all.

*I'm being serious fwiw.
    Edited By: Realbigfish4 Nov 25th, 2012 at 06:33 PM
    Add Realbigfish4 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Shrubbery View Post

so i unscrew that little thing, and the water will plop out? god this couldn't have happened to a worse person, I literally know nothing about cars

Depends on your car. There could be a plug at the bottom of the gas tank, or you might have to remove the fuel line at the bottom of your tank.

What kind of car so we can try and google it.
    Add wantagolf to Rail
    Originally Posted by SirLiesAlot View Post

I would imagine if it was just water it wouldn't have had a strong gas smell. That makes me think you either put a gas/oil mix in there or just some old gas. Tell your husband/boyfriend to syphon it out and get a bottle of cleaner from your local auto store and put it in when you fill it up with real, fresh gas. I'd also ask the man in your life to teach you how to properly read your fuel gauge and what that little light near the E means. Then in the future try and avoid putting on makeup or texting when grabbing the can of extra gas to fill your car up. Hope that helps!

you forgot to add don't forget the tampons, but yes that does help thankyou
    Originally Posted by wantagolf View Post

Depends on your car. There could be a plug at the bottom of the gas tank, or you might have to remove the fuel line at the bottom of your tank.

What kind of car so we can try and google it.

lexus is 250
  24. smelled like gas? what kind of gas? did it smell exactly like 87 unleaded? did it smell like it had been sitting there for 6 months and was stale? you dont know? then dont put it in your car.
    Add Ozzie to Rail
    Originally Posted by Realbigfish4 View Post

How long was the "gas" at your house? It degrades over time. If that's the case, pour in some fuel stabilizer, fill it the rest of the way up with more gas, and give it a go. If it was water it probably wouldn't have started at all.

*I'm being serious fwiw.

for sure thankyouyou I think I'm going to try this. It's been at my house for a long long time.
  26. What year?
    Add IX Equilibrium to Rail
  27. i'm pretty sure there's an app for that

Add clemsonrich to Rail
    Originally Posted by BulldogCafe View Post

put your car in a bag of rice

lol, gold

sorry shrubs, i got nothin
    Add AbnormalQ to Rail
    Originally Posted by IX Equilibrium View Post

What year?

30. Call your insurance co. Car is prob totaled.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail