[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. Was never good in history or the sort.....so......

Why is it that Indian nations within the U.S. pretty much govern themselves, make their own laws, and dont pay taxes? Is this al because they've been pushed around their land hundreds of years ago or some other reason? If it's the land issue, why are they the only ones that get all these benefits and special treatment still?

Also, should this "special" treatment last forever? Wouldn't telling the Indians welcome to the real world and time to play by the rules/laws that 90 whatever % of the rest of the country plays by benefit more people than it would be a detriment to?

P.S. - I'm sure my questions are going to come off as ignorant and/or racist, but they are serious as I really don't understand this relationship / treatment.
    Add Poach99 to Rail
  2. why is the sky blue? Who cares?
    why do indians get special benefits? who cares?

Add silkhandlez to Rail
  3. All the Plattsburg points in the universe are awarded to you my friend.
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
    Originally Posted by Poach99 View Post

Was never good in history or the sort.....so......

Why is it that Indian nations within the U.S. pretty much govern themselves, make their own laws, and dont pay taxes? Is this al because they've been pushed around their land hundreds of years ago or some other reason? If it's the land issue, why are they the only ones that get all these benefits and special treatment still?

Also, should this "special" treatment last forever? Wouldn't telling the Indians welcome to the real world and time to play by the rules/laws that 90 whatever % of the rest of the country plays by benefit more people than it would be a detriment to?

P.S. - I'm sure my questions are going to come off as ignorant and/or racist, but they are serious as I really don't understand this relationship / treatment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribal_..._United_States
    Add Dyzalot to Rail
  5. The real question is why do you hate red people?
    Edited By: I Fold Feb 9th, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    Add I Fold to Rail
  6. * 1000 plattsburg points

holy shitburger of a fail thread
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  7. OP didnt graduate grade 8.
    Add TMLMS13 to Rail
  8. FYI, watch first 30 seconds.

Edited By: MadProfesor Feb 9th, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    Add MadProfesor to Rail
  9. Last I checked this was an off topic message board consisting of primarily modernized, corporatized, westernized, packaged and prepared for delivery, generally affluent males in the age range of 20-45 who don't know fucking dick about history besides the filtered and laced horseshit they were fed and forgot about 10 fucking years ago. But admitting this fact would make us look stupid and ignorant so we attack this man, we berate this man, we kill this man who questions us. Fuck that guy.
    Add voorh33s to Rail
  10. I think you are an Iriquois just looking to start trouble in these parts.
    Add Willywoo to Rail
  11. I dont hate the indians, but it seems these "priveleges" are an overall detriment to society......jobs, competitive business, etc.
    Thread StarterAdd Poach99 to Rail
    Originally Posted by jesterwords View Post

* 1000 plattsburg points

holy shitburger of a fail thread

10,000, gotta go one log to base ten up, since this was pretty awesome as far as Plattsburgh goes
    Add AbnormalQ to Rail
    Originally Posted by voorh33s View Post

Last I checked this was an off topic message board consisting of primarily modernized, corporatized, westernized, packaged and prepared for delivery, generally affluent males in the age range of 20-45 who don't know fucking dick about history besides the filtered and laced horseshit they were fed and forgot about 10 fucking years ago. But admitting this fact would make us look stupid and ignorant so we attack this man, we berate this man, we kill this man who questions us. Fuck that guy.

Add clemsonrich to Rail
  14. "Native Americans" is the preferred nomenclature.
    Add sinatra22 to Rail
  15. 1st of all theyre not indians. none have ever probably stepped foot in india
    Add smheilbron to Rail
  16. Indian = En Dios = what Columbus called the people he found to be in a state of nature, or with god.

Many tribal people prefer American Indian to Native American.

As to the OP, mostly due to treaties we signed and have yet to fully ignore/violate. Also, or the average person on a reservation, living under these "privileges" you so begrudge them, most live in poverty unrivaled outside of small parts of Appalachia.
    Add Lenny to Rail
  17. lol this is in no way a plattsburgh-eligible thread. i can't believe even old school OTers have a hard time with this...and why the hell are people so obsessed with handing out PB points? powda (where's he been?) or bigearn have it on lock.

Add SoCalDrew to Rail
    Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

Indian = En Dios = what Columbus called the people he found to be in a state of nature, or with god.

Many tribal people prefer American Indian to Native American.

As to the OP, mostly due to treaties we signed and have yet to fully ignore/violate. Also, or the average person on a reservation, living under these "privileges" you so begrudge them, most live in poverty unrivaled outside of small parts of Appalachia.

Very true. Most "En Dios" do not have any property rights on the reservations and the governing councils tend to be rife with corruption.

Add Dyzalot to Rail
  19. Injuns love turquoise jewelery and huffing gas although if it's not in Wiki Dyz might argue the validity of my post.
    Edited By: Z-Fresh Feb 10th, 2012 at 01:13 AM
    Add Z-Fresh to Rail
    Originally Posted by SoCalDrew View Post

lol this is in no way a plattsburgh-eligible thread. i can't believe even old school OTers have a hard time with this...and why the hell are people so obsessed with handing out PB points? powda (where's he been?) or bigearn have it on lock.

dyz answered the whole OP with a wiki article and you are saying its not plattsburg worthy?

comon man dot gif
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  21. the PB is for the chronicly helpless OTer...someone who constantly asks for help or advice with the mundane. stuff that has many different options and so the OP needs help deciding because he/she is truly helpless.

not someone who asks one question that can easily be answered by a simple internet search. these are the people who should be shamed and told to gtfo

Add SoCalDrew to Rail
  22. What seems to be even worse than my 1 question that can be answered by a Wiki search, is the fact of how many people dont recognize that there is a bunch of questions in the OP and most are , hey what are others opinions on some of this.

gg reading comprehension
    Thread StarterAdd Poach99 to Rail
  23. the point is we won't know if they are chronically doing it unless we leave points behind to track it later, human memory sucks

so if the dude doesn't do it the rest of the year he won't amass many points
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  24. the point is you guys are arguing about a fictitious award on an interweb forum

Add tkeat1653 to Rail
  25. I'm not arguing anything.

nor will I stop leaving points in silly ass threads that can be googled
    Add jesterwords to Rail
  26. Where's waboose when you need him? I thought he'd be up in this thread scalping mother fuckers
    Add dolphin13 to Rail
    Originally Posted by edwardt1988 View Post

Umm this was posted 13 hours ago? Obvious setup for Oh Rale, but he didn't bite

FYI

Originally Posted by Oh Rale

I agree.

Edited By: MadProfesor Feb 10th, 2012 at 09:37 PM
    Add MadProfesor to Rail