[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I swear sometimes I hear him say "effin cry." Other people think that he is saying "laugh and cry."
    Add LizardBoy to Rail
  2. laugh & cry
    Add leftygrove to Rail
  3. ive only ever thought it was effin cry
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
  4. doubt this thread is real
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
    Originally Posted by Jaybone2315 View Post

ive only ever thought it was effin cry

lol, 100% says laugh and cry
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
    Originally Posted by TheWacoKidd View Post

doubt this thread is real

why?
    Thread StarterAdd LizardBoy to Rail
  7. 1. clearly says laugh and cry

2. google the lyrics?
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  8. i guess im an idiot.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

i guess im an idiot.

dont worry brah, i thought it was effin cry for a while too
    Add heavyj80 to Rail

i guess im an idiot.

nah, just need to get the earwax out maybe...

plus, laugh and cry makes sense in the context of the song, effin cry does not
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  11. Did some more research. Seth Macfarlane re-recorded the lyrics to make it sound more like "laugh and cry"

<H3> <SPAN id=swiki.2.1.4.1>Does Stewie say 'F'ing Cry' or 'Laugh and Cry' ? </SPAN></H3> <BUTTON id=b.2.1.4.edit onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','edit',{ layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type=submit><SPAN>Edit</SPAN></BUTTON><BUTTON id=b.2.1.4.history class=b_history onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','history ',{layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type=submit><SPAN>History</SPAN></BUTTON><BUTTON id=b.2.1.4.delete onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','delete' ,{confirm:'1',layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type=submit><SPAN>Delete</SPAN></BUTTON>

Although closed captions have written &quot;effin' cry,&quot;Seth MacFarlane maintains on the DVD commentary that the lyric has always been &quot;laugh and cry.&quot; Seth MacFarlane re-recorded the lyric for season 4 and enunciated the words more clearly.

1. clearly says laugh and cry

2. google the lyrics?

evidently it depends on which season you are watching whether or not he clearly says anything specific. Hence my original post.
    Originally Posted by LizardBoy View Post

Did some more research. Seth Macfarlane re-recorded the lyrics to make it sound more like &quot;laugh and cry&quot;

<h3> <span id="swiki.2.1.4.1">Does Stewie say 'F'ing Cry' or 'Laugh and Cry' ? </span></h3> <button id="b.2.1.4.edit" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','edit',{ layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type="submit"><span>Edit</span></button><button id="b.2.1.4.history" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','history ',{layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type="submit"><span>History</span></button><button id="b.2.1.4.delete" onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','delete' ,{confirm:'1',layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type="submit"><span>Delete</span></button>

Although closed captions have written &quot;effin' cry,&quot;Seth MacFarlane maintains on the DVD commentary that the lyric has always been &quot;laugh and cry.&quot; Seth MacFarlane re-recorded the lyric for season 4 and enunciated the words more clearly.

well I guess a lot of people have heard the same thing... I have always heard it as laugh and cry, and I used to watch the shit out of the 1st 3 seasons...
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  14. I think they changed it at one point because I hear it both ways, depending on the season. Maybe not I am pretty sure of this.
    Add LeftyMark to Rail

evidently it depends on which season you are watching whether or not he clearly says anything specific. Hence my original post.

just went and listened to an older one and I can see how there would be confusion I suppose... but I have always sung laugh and cry in my head
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  16. While it's true that he didn't really pronounce the &quot;L&quot; in &quot;Laugh&quot; making it ambiguous as to whether he was saying effing or laugh and, the main issue is that &quot;effing cry&quot; seems out of place compared to the type of oldfashioned goodie-goodie language/stance of the entire rest of the song, whereas laugh and cry makes total sense for the song. As Waco said earlier it's all about evaluating the context, to see which one makes sense, and which one doesn't.
    Add bfactor to Rail
  17. eff that guy imo..
    Add preezie to Rail
  18. I just assumed he wanted stewie to sound like a little badass/grown-up baby, which is what his character is like in the show.

Within the context of the character, stewie saying &quot;effin cry&quot; isnt far fetched.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

I just assumed he wanted stewie to sound like a little badass/grown-up baby, which is what his character is like in the show.

Within the context of the character, stewie saying &quot;effin cry&quot; isnt far fetched.

Exactly. It's just Stewie being a smartass.
  20. I want my year 2000 back
    Add darkpoker12 to Rail
  21. Its sfobv laugh and cry. The later seasons its very clear, so there is no reason to be unsure what he is saying. And effin cry doesn't fit it at all, it seems very unnatural.
    Add Scha to Rail

Exactly. It's just Stewie being a smartass.

umm but he doesn't say that, so it's not him being a smartass...

the song is suppsoed to be a feel good, cheesy family type thing... read the lyrics, laugh and cry makes sense, effin cry does not, even with Stewie being the way he is... it doesn't flow with how the theme song is supposed to be
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  23. dont even bother arguing with waco. dude is so closed minded and just immediately laughs at and discards erryone else's opinion.
    Add heavyj80 to Rail

umm but he doesn't say that, so it's not him being a smartass...

the song is suppsoed to be a feel good, cheesy family type thing... read the lyrics, laugh and cry makes sense, effin cry does not, even with Stewie being the way he is... it doesn't flow with how the theme song is supposed to be

well no shit, we get that now.

Ive never listend to all the words anyway tbh. Fresh Prince and Captain planet were the only two shows where i paid attention to the opening song.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail
    Originally Posted by heavyj80 View Post

dont even bother arguing with waco. dude is so closed minded and just immediately laughs at and discards erryone else's opinion.

this isn't a matter of opinion... nice level tho
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail

this isn't a matter of opinion... nice level tho

Do you at least understand why we thought it said that?

You hear &quot;effin cry&quot; the first time, and you will always assume it says that without doing an entire analytical breakdown about the contents and meaning behind the open sequence of a cartoon.
    Add Jaybone2315 to Rail

Do you at least understand why we thought it said that?

I said that I went back and listened to an old one and said I can somewhat understand the confusion...

OP could have just done a 5 second google of the lyrics for the theme song tho
    Add TheWacoKidd to Rail
  28. it had been 20 replies without a &quot;waco youre unbelievable&quot; post. it felt weird.
    Add heavyj80 to Rail

Did some more research. Seth Macfarlane re-recorded the lyrics to make it sound more like &quot;laugh and cry&quot;

<H3> <SPAN id=swiki.2.1.4.1>Does Stewie say 'F'ing Cry' or 'Laugh and Cry' ? </SPAN></H3> <BUTTON id=b.2.1.4.edit onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','edit',{ layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type=submit><SPAN>Edit</SPAN></BUTTON><BUTTON id=b.2.1.4.history class=b_history onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','history ',{layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type=submit><SPAN>History</SPAN></BUTTON><BUTTON id=b.2.1.4.delete onclick="Swiki.bounce('control.2.1.4.tab','delete' ,{confirm:'1',layout:'.2.1.4',path:'.2.1.4'})" type=submit><SPAN>Delete</SPAN></BUTTON>

well I guess a lot of people have heard the same thing... I have always heard it as laugh and cry, and I used to watch the shit out of the 1st 3 seasons...

Woah, holy fuck. Waco and I got somethin' in common? I got the first 3 seasons on DVD when they first came out and I watched the fuck outtta em. Ah, good times in Improv...
    Add Dr.GHouse to Rail
  30. turn me on dead man
    Add SluggerWV to Rail