[x]

See Where You Rank in New Jersey

1. I've been with Verizon for over 10 years. However, I want out of my contract to switch over to AT&T(iPhone). I have the Droid and it has given me many problems.

Bottlem line: has anyone here been able to get out of there contract without paying the termination fees? I currently have about 1 year left in my current 2 year contract. If so, how did you go about it?

Any help is appreciated.
    Add wakef98 to Rail
  2. at&t is the WORST! hope you have a cell tower next to your house
    Add shallowcal to Rail
  3. they got this new website called google, if you type in " how to get out of phone contract "...it should probably help you
    Add LVpokerdealer to Rail
  4. there is no getting out of a verizon contract. they are the worst. dont waste your time trying. just pay the termination fee and move on. they will not let you out, even if theyve fucked you over majorly (like they did me). one more month and im free!!!
    Add Bigblind Popper to Rail
  5. I've found P5s to be more useful...but thanks...I'm sure we could find 95% of answers posted on this forum on Google if we really wanted too.
    Thread StarterAdd wakef98 to Rail
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

they got this new website called google, if you type in " how to get out of phone contract "...it should probably help you

like you've never posted something worthless before
    Add Hallettcopta to Rail
  7. I handle the bill for 4 accounts and we just got my nephew out of the contract because he was service problems and they were documented and a known problem area for Verizon. The rep had to check into it and it took a couple of days but she actually called me back and said yes in fact that was grounds for letting him out without termination fee.

You are pretty my SOL for any other reason and the whole contract is pretty much to protect them from exactly what you want to do.
    Add rocket5 to Rail
    Originally Posted by Hallettcopta View Post

like you've never posted something worthless before

Of course I have, and I get the answer that I gave, so why can't I post it too? =)
    Add LVpokerdealer to Rail
  9. I get the idea that you are having Droid issues (3G) on Verizon's network. However, once you switch over to AT&T iPhone you will wish you could snap your fingers and switch back to that Verizon service.

Current iPhone customer in similar area you are now.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  10. If you're really lucky and bitch to the right person, you might be able to get out of your contract by paying a prorated portion of your termination penalty. No way they let you off the hook for the full amount without some serious, repeated, documented issues.

I think they usually reserve that for the people that have < 6 months left on their contract tho. Maybe they'll be willing to extend it to you if you have less than a year.

GL.
    Add aj_law to Rail
    Originally Posted by LVpokerdealer View Post

they got this new website called google, if you type in " how to get out of phone contract "...it should probably help you

lol no wonder you have 10,000 posts
    Add z06fanatic to Rail
  12. seriously LOL @ switching to AT&T.

i dont want to read "how do i get out of my at&t contract and back to verizon" thread in a month.
    Add Lameass_ to Rail