[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. So im the type of guys that cant goto the bar alone. Like, if im meeting someone there, ill sit in the parking lot until they arrive. I just feel weird about it.

Well today, I really want to watch the Sixers vs Heat game, and the only way I can do that is to goto a bar. And since the game starts at 4:00, Im going to have to go alone.

Wtf do I do while sitting there by myself? Im going to be so uncomfortable. I think one of my fears is doing shit alone. I wont goto the movie alone either. So I think I need yo do this just to get over that.

Does it make me look like the weird guy with no friends cause im by myself? And does thia mean all the actual weird guys with no friends are gonna wanna talk to me? Blah... idk what to do. I feel like such a pussy lol.
  2. I'd go alone and I'd talk to strangers and pretty soon I'd get along with someone and no longer be alone. That's how I'd do it.
  3. there's a big difference between the happy hour crowd and the night time crowd, you'll be fine, just don't piss on anyone around you. maybe rock a piece of philly clothing too so some ppl would understand why u r there by yourself if it's that big of a deal for u
  4. i feel like this has been a thread already

if you go there and dont look like a nervous out of place fool (which i cant see you doing) youll be fine. the female bartenders should be all over you (well at least wanting to talk) and alot of people will just say hi...at least around here, not sure how cali works

i do this from time to time for double bubble if noone wants to join me. go have have 8 beers for about 12 bucks, its nice
  5. It depends on the bar. A local bar with a regular crowd it totally acceptable. A club type bar at 11pm is weird.
  6. Dude , its a bar. Chances are there will other dudes watching the same game or other games by themselves. Strike up a convo, buy a round of beers or shots. Make new friends. Hell, you are new to the area, so obv you don't know that many ppl yet.
  7. The west coast is so weird. Games starting at 4:00? WTF is that?
  8. if the waitress makes small talk just tell the bish ur from philly in town on business and the mariott didnt have the 6ers game on.

or just tell her the truth, whatever makes u feel more comtorable.

9. tell her to keep em coming because you plan on peeing on her later.

Or you could steal my line "you know, on this one internet forum, I'm a pretty big deal." The ladies love that line.
  10. I go to stuff alone all the time. I prefer it. Spend all day with the little guy and all night with the wife and kid or working. Sometimes it's nice to go have a quiet dinner alone or go to a movie alone. I've done a lot of. Traveling for work in the past tho and went to watch games in bars alone so I'm used to it
    Originally Posted by dolphin13 View Post

Traveling for work in the past tho and went to watch games in bars alone so I'm used to it

+ 1

In fact, this reminded that I have to go to El Paso next week and I will undoubtedly be in some shitty bar by myself watching Duke @ UNC. Fml.
    Edited By: Glo4m Feb 3rd, 2012 at 06:23 PM
    Reason: any OTers in El Paso?
  12. take your laptop to to the bar and make a running diary sportsguy style for OT, soon you will forget u are on a bar alone and OT will enjoy
  13. I just went to Chipotle by myself. Ate my chicken burrito while staring at these three good looking chicks that kept giggling. It was awesome.
  14. Isn't a bar a place to meet people? Just sit at the bar and shoot the shit with whoever sits close by or if its slow just flirt with the cute waitresses.
    Edited By: Dyzalot Feb 3rd, 2012 at 06:29 PM
    Originally Posted by LeftyMark View Post

I just went to Chipotle by myself. Ate my chicken burrito while staring at these three good looking chicks that kept giggling. It was awesome.

And then their moms called the police, took the girls out of their highchairs and quickly vacated the location.

Jaybone in an establishment that serves liquor with no friends to watch over him??? How has the you gonna get raped pic not been posted yet
    Edited By: dolphin13 Feb 3rd, 2012 at 06:32 PM
  16. wow u dependent pussy. Go to the bar, drink beer and eat and watch the game. wtf is so complicated.
  17. Actually they were def college age. Made it a little difficult to concentrate on my lunch. I made it though.
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

The west coast is so weird. Games starting at 4:00? WTF is that?

Thats the only thing thats kind of annoying out here. The superbowl is gonna start at 3:00. How did they expect people ever yo make it until 2am? Its rough.

Originally Posted by chancemcc View Post

if the waitress makes small talk just tell the bish ur from philly in town on business and the mariott didnt have the 6ers game on.

or just tell her the truth, whatever makes u feel more comtorable.

Im a terrible liar. But from what i can tell, the bartenders are pretty hot and theres a strip club directly next door. So i think yhere should be some ass to look at.

Originally Posted by AMARTIN1181 View Post

wow u dependent pussy. Go to the bar, drink beer and eat and watch the game. wtf is so complicated.

Hey, don't fucking judge me man. Its not that im depwnded, its just that i dont know how to act while alone. Its like that will ferrel movie where he never knows what to do what his hands lol.
  19. Just use your i phone/blackberry whatever and shit and cruise ot and try to hit on any bar skanks u see around. I like going to bar's alone, especially for lunch.

Literaly no one is going to be like hey what's this guy doin at the bar alone... fuckin loser!
  20. Act like an adult for once. I have plenty of friends, kids, a steady GF and go to the movies/dinner all the time by myself. I enjoy it most of the time. It's only awkward if you make it awkward.
    Edited By: LizardBoy Feb 3rd, 2012 at 06:43 PM
    Originally Posted by coolhandkev View Post

The west coast is so weird. Games starting at 4:00? WTF is that?

This is probably one of the best things about living on the west coast. We get the whole EST wave of games then we get our West coast games at like 7. Much better than on the East coast, where the West coast games start at like 10pm.
  22. Ask the bartender if you can push her stool in
  23. Yeah, I vastly enjoy the West Coast time schedule for sporting events when I visit the Pacific NW. You can watch the entire slate of NFL games, head out for dinner/drinks and it's still a reasonable hour. I can definitely see how it would be annoying for someone on an EST time schedule. Especially if said person watches a ton of NBA/NHL games.

Originally Posted by JAAAAA!!!! View Post

It depends on the bar. A local bar/sports bar with a regular crowd it totally acceptable. A club type bar at 11pm is weird.

+1, slight FYP
    Originally Posted by HeyNiceAscot View Post

This is probably one of the best things about living on the west coast. We get the whole EST wave of games then we get our West coast games at like 7. Much better than on the East coast, where the West coast games start at like 10pm.

yeah, nothing like having to wake up at 10 am to watch the early games every sunday... NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. keep telling yourself that tho.
  25. JB I'm almost exactly like you in this regard. I went to watch a UNC game by myself a couple weeks ago god I felt like such a fucking loser. Look at all these fucking wallys that do it. Dolphin Amartin Dyzalot I rest my case.

And Glo Fuck Duke
  26. About the only thing I hated about my time in Charlotte was that MNF didn't get over til fucking midnight.

Jaybone, don't sweat it. Go have a couple beers, watch the game and run some on the females in attendance. Like a Boss.
    Originally Posted by Popperhead View Post

JB I'm almost exactly like you in this regard. I went to watch a UNC game by myself a couple weeks ago god I felt like such a fucking loser. Look at all these fucking wallys that do it. Dolphin Amartin Dyzalot I rest my case.

And Glo Fuck Duke

I go to bars by myself too. Sorry to fuck up your theory.
    Originally Posted by HeyNiceAscot View Post

well most ppl work till 5 or so then make dinner run errands etc. finally get to relax around 7 or 8. cst is the best imo. west coast games are done at 11 30, 12

29. Couldnt go to a bar alone for a night out. I think its weird when see a guy alone coming up to people talking to them. Ive gone to watch sports in a bar alone during the day time but thats no big deal, Yoiu are just sitting there watching the screen

In the evening though, even if i get there first and am waiting on someone i just sit there awlwardly looking at my phone
  30. Having lived on both coasts now... EST is way better for 90% of sporting events.