[x]

See Where You Rank in Virginia

1. I'm looking to buy a handgun. I'm looking for basic simplicity, power to take down a fool, and affordability, and some use for target shooting (this is definitely the lowest priority). What is the price range I am looking at? I don't want any PoS either. Thanks for any info.
    Add makisupa to Rail
  2. glock .45 for 5 benji
    Add ChocoThunder to Rail
  3. Glock 9 mm hands down. I bought mine for 475 out the door.

Cheaper ammo then .40 and .45 and less kick.

It will get the job done if needed.
    Add 8888kush to Rail
  4. If you want a simple (non POS) gun, then I would recomend the glock. I bought one for the house and my wife had no problems figuring it out. No safety, decocker,etc... Just point and pull the trigger.

As far as caliber, I prefer the 40. I use the glock 22 for work and the glock 23 for home. You can probley pick one up for 450-550.
    Add javasdad to Rail
  5. Glock 19 with trijicon night sights......

However, if you were willing to spend a bit more:
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
    Originally Posted by javasdad View Post

If you want a simple (non POS) gun, then I would recomend the glock. I bought one for the house and my wife had no problems figuring it out. No safety, decocker,etc... Just point and pull the trigger.

As far as caliber, I prefer the 40. I use the glock 22 for work and the glock 23 for home. You can probley pick one up for 450-550.

wat (FTR I know nothing about guns)
    Add ilovescotch to Rail

If you want a simple (non POS) gun, then I would recomend the glock. I bought one for the house and my wife had no problems figuring it out. No safety, decocker,etc... Just point and pull the trigger.

Simply not correct (no safety).

22/23 are great choices though.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
    Originally Posted by HK_MP5N View Post

Simply not correct (no safety).

22/23 are great choices though.

I don't think he is saying it's not safe, he is saying there is no safety, like "I pulled the trigger to shoot the guy, but the safety was on so nothing happened."
    Add bonkey to Rail
  9. Their are other options besides Glock

I carry a .45 Taurus Millenium PRO
    - Small and compact
    - its a .45 so it will knock soomeones dick in the dirt
    - under $400 brand new
    - lifetime warranty.

Google it and read some reviews

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT145.htm

Add Unclebuck to Rail
  10. I reread that again, I got a different meaning this time. I guess he was trying to say if you need to shoot it urgently you don't have to "flip the safety on/off" and I took it as saying "the gun had not safety" which would not be correct as all glock's have the trigger safety measure.

Just a common misconception is that glocks do not have a safety (as some will say) and that is not true.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  11. all guns must have safety button, pretty sure that is law, everywurr
    Add Bigfartz to Rail
  12. People really own hand guns?
    Add KatrinGauer to Rail
  13. ^^ Someone had to show up, surprised it took this long.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
    Originally Posted by Bigfartz View Post

all guns must have safety button, pretty sure that is law, everywurr

Definitely not true at all, I just bought a KAHR P45 series handgun, and it has no safety mechanism at all. It's a great gun though. It's small, concealable, and it definitely has some stopping power. I would reccomend it for anyone looking. They also make a 9mm and .40 if you don't want the .45.

http://www.kahr.com/PA-1_45acp_p.html
    Add louiemdj to Rail
  15. What % of handgun owners under the age of 28 or so are complete retards with their weapon?

I'm guessing over 60% can't hit the broad side of a barn and instead just have the handgun to look tough.

Every time I go to an indoor shooting range, I LOL at the Tommy Toughnuts out there just spraying shots and being completely unsafe. Cracks me up.
    The last time I was there, I was literally in tears laughing at some wigger with his 9mm pretending he was Eminem. He was trying to impress his trash girlfriend, which was funny, considering only about 1/2 of his rounds actually hit a target that was about 15 feet away.

Add BigGunX to Rail
  16. Beretta 92FS ( Centurian ) 9mm
    It is a full size semi-auto that has high capacity and shoots great. I have 21 round mags for mine which makes target shooting easier.

You will also find Glocks for about the same price. If you are willing to spend a few bucks more, buy a Sig Sauer. I would suggest sticking with a 9mm as it will be relatively inexpensive to target shoot. If the cost of ammo isn't a concern, but knock down power is, then I would get a Sig 220 .45 cal. Picking up some Hogue grips for your new semi-auto will also be a nice plus.

Make sure it fits well in your hand. Check them all out.
    Add haleike to Rail
    Originally Posted by BigGunX View Post

What % of handgun owners under the age of 28 or so are complete retards with their weapon?

I'm guessing over 60% can't hit the broad side of a barn and instead just have the handgun to look tough.

Every time I go to an indoor shooting range, I LOL at the Tommy Toughnuts out there just spraying shots and being completely unsafe. Cracks me up.
    The last time I was there, I was literally in tears laughing at some wigger with his 9mm pretending he was Eminem. He was trying to impress his trash girlfriend, which was funny, considering only about 1/2 of his rounds actually hit a target that was about 15 feet away.

Not that this directed towards me, but I am in the process of getting my conceal and carry permit in Missouri, and I own several guns, and I use them in a safe manner for hunting, target shooting, etc... Most people that I know are pretty responsible when it comes to guns, there are obv a few idiots, but those are the ones I avoid hunting and shooting with.
    Add louiemdj to Rail
  18. I have a kinda funny story about handguns.

When I was 24 I kept a handgun with me all the time. No idea why, I guess I kinda thought it was cool and all my buddies had one. Any who I'm on my way home from the bar one friday night and had a 380 in my glove box. I got pulled over by a cop and he asked for insurance and registration. I reached for the glove box(forgetting my gun was in there) opened it up and when the cop saw the gun he freaked out, pulled his gun on me and started screaming and yelling, got me out of the car, cuffed me, 4 other cops show up big fucking mess. I still have a few guns and have a lifetime permit(thank you Mitch Daniels) but only carry when I'm on the way to the range.
    Add R_U_Nuts to Rail
    Originally Posted by louiemdj View Post

Originally Posted by BigGunX View Post

What % of handgun owners under the age of 28 or so are complete retards with their weapon?

Not that this directed towards me, but I am in the process of getting my conceal and carry permit in Missouri, and I own several guns, and I use them in a safe manner for hunting, target shooting, etc... Most people that I know are pretty responsible when it comes to guns, there are obv a few idiots, but those are the ones I avoid hunting and shooting with.

Yeah, definitely wasn't directed at you.

I think a lot of it is geographical. I live in Williamsburg, VA, but the range I shoot at is in Newport News. Hampton/Newport News is crawling with thugs and dirtbags, and I see a lot of it at the range.

We get 3 basic types at the range near me: Military/former military, gun/hunting aficionados, and tough guys. I have no problem with the first 2. I can't stand people who want to shoot because they think it makes them look tough.

Add BigGunX to Rail
  20. bgx, plz tell me he was holding the gun sideways!
    Add norcaljeff to Rail
  21. A good gun for the $$ is also the Smith & Wesson Sigma series, in either the 9mm or .40.
    Add skercrazy to Rail
  22. Military/former military

...whew I'm ok then.

I have notified range safety on a number of occasions regarding issues. My range will pull you off the line and ask you to leave at the very first violation.
    Add Mr Galt to Rail
    Originally Posted by Mr Galt View Post

Military/former military

...whew I'm ok then.

I have notified range safety on a number of occasions regarding issues. My range will pull you off the line and ask you to leave at the very first violation.

Do you one better.

I range I USED to use was anal about a "3 second shot rule", meaning no matter what you are shooting they expected you to wait a FULL 3 seconds in between each shot, obviously BS for sure. They have range guys monitoring non-stop for this and they call you out on it all the time. Hey, they do teach the CCW class and do the shooting exam which is certainly drills of shots beyond the 3-second rule.

Anyway, they rule the range like this yet they had an older man/woman come in, heard a commercial and wanted to shoot. They come in, own no guns and never taken a safety course. So, 30 minutes later after range guy walks them through the exam and takes the fees they give them, get this, a .357 S/W magnum. Once grandpa put 2 shots in ceiling and one on a target 3 lanes over from his lane they then realized the mistake that was made.

Oh yea, the range at this facility has been closed now for close to a year, oooops.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  24. Could someone plz explain the "no safety on the glock" concept? What is the point of having a safety if it automatically releases when you pull the trigger? What does the safety protect you from? A fire?
    Add userid363 to Rail
  25. whats the motovation for this gun again...casue it dont sound like hunting.

personal protection??

MY 44 MAKE SURE ALL YOU KIDS DONT GROW!!
    Add Lameass_ to Rail
    Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

Their are other options besides Glock

I carry a .45 Taurus Millenium PRO
    - Small and compact
    - its a .45 so it will knock soomeones dick in the dirt
    - under $400 brand new
    - lifetime warranty.

Google it and read some reviews

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PT145.htm

I recently bought a Taurus that looks very similar to ^^^^^. Except mine is a 9mm. I like the fact that I can get a bunch or rounds out real fast. If you want one shot to do the job, obviously you should go with a 45. As for mine...I love it, comfortable grip, great shot, and looks bad ass. Cost me like $450.

Add MikeBucks to Rail
  27. accidental discharge, the only way it will go off is if your finger is on th trigger and you pull it. it's actually quite safe if you're handling your firearm properly.

When it's in a holster the trigger is covered up obv.

To the OP, get a mil spec 1911
    Add alwest to Rail
  28. Add TexasGal to Rail
  29. It is a lever within the trigger that prevents it from moving unless that lever is depressed.
    Add HK_MP5N to Rail
  30. b 1 4
    Add SCTrojans to Rail